PDA

View Full Version : Here's a very serious bet....

Cry Havoc
03-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Tim Duncan is playing at 80% of his abilities right now. Or less.

He is calmly listening to the criticisms by fans and "experts" who say he is over the hill, won't ever have another stellar season, is unable to lead his team back to a title, needs Manu to carry the team.

He is going about his business, taking his team on a 13 game winning streak. As always, he doesn't care what's being said.

Or does he?

Maybe it's just blind faith because I'm a Spurs fan, but I think Tim Duncan is going to remind us who the dominant post presence in the West is when the playoffs roll around. I think he's going to absolutely annihilate the Suns, and light up the Mavs.

Prediction: Duncan averages 27 and 13, with 5 assists and 2.6 blocks in in the playoffs.

Go ahead, call him over the hill. I think he's going to be a complete all-around force deep into May and June.

Kobulingam
03-13-2007, 09:53 PM

He is calmly listening to the criticisms by fans and "experts" who say he is over the hill, won't ever have another stellar season, is unable to lead his team back to a title, needs Manu to carry the team.

He is going about his business, taking his team on a 13 game winning streak. As always, he doesn't care what's being said.

Or does he?

Maybe it's just blind faith because I'm a Spurs fan, but I think Tim Duncan is going to remind us who the dominant post presence in the West is when the playoffs roll around. I think he's going to absolutely annihilate the Suns, and light up the Mavs.

Prediction: Duncan averages 27 and 13, with 5 assists and 2.6 blocks in in the playoffs.

Go ahead, call him over the hill. I think he's going to be a complete all-around force deep into May and June.

Manu will beastify in the playoffs too.
Now if Parker can at least HOLD his regular season level, that would be more than enough.

Agloco
03-13-2007, 09:55 PM

Or does he?

So what will it take to keep the critics off of his back? Will he have to go for 40 and 20 against the Mavs in EVERY game during the playoffs this time?

Cry Havoc
03-13-2007, 10:11 PM
So what will it take to keep the critics off of his back? Will he have to go for 40 and 20 against the Mavs in EVERY game during the playoffs this time?

Doesn't matter. He could put up 15 and 6, and if the Spurs win a title, critics will hail him as a revived post monster who's as unstoppable and dominant as any inside force in NBA history.

If he scores 40-20 but the Spurs lose, critics will point to the regular season as proof of his inevitable decline.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Duncan is over the hill, and he pretty much did whatever he wanted against the Mavericks on the offensive end last year on two bad wheels.

dbreiden83080
03-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Duncan has not been taking heat this year from the media it was last year. Even that wasn't too bad because they knew that he was playing as well as he could with that foot injury. He is having a very good year, Manu is playing great so is Tony and come playoff time Timmy will be 25 and 12 or so.

dbreiden83080
03-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Duncan is over the hill, and he pretty much did whatever he wanted against the Mavericks on the offensive end last year on two bad wheels.

Timmy is still in his prime, you don't think he would be giving the Spurs 25 and 12 a night if there was no Manu or Tony on this team. You bet your ass he would be.

Solid D
03-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Test post

Cry Havoc
03-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Duncan has not been taking heat this year from the media it was last year. Even that wasn't too bad because they knew that he was playing as well as he could with that foot injury. He is having a very good year, Manu is playing great so is Tony and come playoff time Timmy will be 25 and 12 or so.

Duncan hasn't been taking heat because he's essentially been forgotten by the national media in light of the Mavs and Suns runs. The win streak is starting to attract attention, but no one is talking about Duncan this year outside of San Antonio.

And I don't really mind it at all. It's usually like this until the playoffs.

dbreiden83080
03-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Duncan hasn't been taking heat because he's essentially been forgotten by the national media in light of the Mavs and Suns runs. The win streak is starting to attract attention, but no one is talking about Duncan this year outside of San Antonio.

And I don't really mind it at all. It's usually like this until the playoffs.

Spurs are primed for a huge playoff run this is the first time in months i am gaining confidence they can win it all.

itzsoweezee
03-13-2007, 11:34 PM
duncan has looked very active at times. in that portland game, he was particularly spry

but i'm expecting ginobili to really blow up in some of these playoff series

ArgSpursFan
03-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Timmy is still in his prime, you don't think he would be giving the Spurs 25 and 12 a night if there was no Manu or Tony on this team. You bet your ass he would be.

Of course he would.But do you think he could take the spurs to an NBA championship WITHOUT Tony and Manu?
You bet your ass He wouldnīt.
Donīt you remember what happened to Iceman?

bdictjames
03-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Of course he would.But do you think he could take the spurs to an NBA championship WITHOUT Tony and Manu?
You bet your ass He wouldnīt.
Donīt you remember what happened to Iceman?
How about with Josh Howard and Leandro Barbosa? Still, we Spurs fans couldn't appreciate what Tony and Manu would have done if they played on other teams

TDMVPDPOY
03-14-2007, 09:37 AM
if duncan doesnt have a good game, he will settle on defense and pass out

now i wanna see that copperfield PG of ours do that when the other team adjust to him by closing down the lanes, he should be more focused on passin it out or giving it to gino or any open man.

gino arrg no stupid plays and passes would do.

ArgSpursFan
03-14-2007, 10:30 AM
How about with Josh Howard and Leandro Barbosa? Still, we Spurs fans couldn't appreciate what Tony and Manu would have done if they played on other teams

I donīt see your point.Duncan is Duncan with or without Tony and Manu,and Spurs fans never underated him cause of tony or manu.
I donīt see the spurs playing like they do with barbosa.
And Iītell you what, Manu playing with the suns(like Barbosa is)would be averaging 20+ppg easily and being clutch as he is for the spurs.Belive it.

Sec24Row7
03-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Manu would have a LOT more sick highlights and plays on an expansion team... of course he would be miserable because crazy plays dont mean anything to him...

He just wants to win...

Gros Membres!
03-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Manu will beastify in the playoffs too.
Now if Parker can at least HOLD his regular season level, that would be more than enough.
3 guys playing well will not be enough when you consider we have to win at least 8 games to get by the Suns and Mavs. 8 games is a lot to ask of guys who have carried the team all year.

As always, Finley, Barry, Bowen, and Elson must step up in order for this team to be successful.

ArgSpursFan
03-14-2007, 10:52 AM
3 guys playing well will not be enough when you consider we have to win at least 8 games to get by the Suns and Mavs. 8 games is a lot to ask of guys who have carried the team all year.

As always, Finley, Barry, Bowen, and Elson must step up in order for this team to be successful.

I belive He was talking about the playoffs, whe he said If tony could play at the same level as in the reg. season.

MrChug
03-14-2007, 10:53 AM
I really do think that our two most unstoppable forces will rise to the occasion this year. There's not too many years left that they can do that. :oops

I really think that Tim can turn it on and off, and that he puts it on cruise control in the regular season as evidenced by his performance going from 19 ppg and 11 rpg to 26 ppg in 38 minutes. With his continued health, I see him at least duplicating that.

I also think Manu has alot to prove. I think he feels personally insulted and responsible and will wreak havoc on the Mavs. No one can stop him. He'll prove it.

joeyjfive
03-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Yeah I truly believe Duncan is holding back, evidence of this is what he did to Dallas in the playoffs last year, yeah we lost but nonetheless Duncan was a monster. I also believe Manu is gonna go crazy, I think he has something to prove to himself and I'm sure hes gonna give the Mavs everything hes got. The only one to worry about is Tony, but really all we need him to do is what he does in the regular season.

mikejones99
03-14-2007, 04:52 PM
tHIS IS NO BET THREAD. bETS are ABOUT ODDS FOR CASH. bUY MY NEW cd. tHANKS

ALVAREZ6
03-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Go ahead, call him over the hill. I think he's going to be a complete all-around force deep into May and June.Based on what I saw last play-offs, Tim Duncan will be a complete monster again.

TP will hopefully step it up and score a lot of points in quick bursts like he does.

And Manu, IMO, will morph back to his 05-self and be a complete animal.

The difference this year will be that all 3 of the big 3 will be monsters, and the Spurs will win the NBA Title.

:ihit

Kent_in_Atlanta
03-14-2007, 07:05 PM

They will. Especially Finley. He hasn't been the 6th man of the year we thought he would be when he came here... but he's proven that he likes to take big shots, and he elevates his game when it counts.

Barry will continue to knock down 3's and free throws, like always.

Elson just has to be aggresive and focused. I'm sure he will be.

And Bowen will be a defensive monster like always. The only thing I'm worried about in this entire equation is Bowen's 3 point shot. That's a really nice tool to have when defenses are collapsing on Timmy or a penetrating Tony/Manu. He's still got some time to get his touch back for that shot before the playoffs. I hope he does.

Clutch20
03-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Tuning into the Mavs/Suns game right now, the Suns are living in the paint, layup after layup and have kept their 11-14 pt. cushion.
Timmy's second house is set up just under the basket and Tony practically lives there with him during the season, so it looks good for us, that aspect of our game.

Seriously, Tim does what he does, compete hard for every scoring opportunity and possession.

He and Pop haven't endeared themselves to the media and they avoid giving Tim the level of publicity that his performances deserve, have you ever seen those NBA PR spots where many players enjoy a good 3-5 second spot? Timmy usually gets a .4!