PDA

View Full Version : Is Miami Heat any concern for the Spurs?

carib
03-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Miami matched its largest comeback of the season and finished a 6-0 homestand -- all without Dwyane Wade.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AkMgJYXK05iBFyAoLzyU6_.8vLYF?gid=200703 1314

carib
03-14-2007, 09:25 AM
I think the way they are playing they will come out of the East easy, and Shaq is turning it on.

Can we see a Heat vs Spurs?

carib
03-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Heat vs Spurs

Thats Hollywood

bdictjames
03-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Yes, they're quite a challenge. I think Duncan cant stop Shaq and vice-versa, so should be a tough one to decide. Hope Bowen could contain Wade though.

Shank
03-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Did you just have a conversation with yourself?

And I think most of the others around here would ask you to hold off on any NBA Finals talk right now. Especially in the way of picking particular matchups.

phyzik
03-14-2007, 09:31 AM
Not worried at all about the Heat.... They are probably the best the East has to offer right now.... but its still the East.

As far as the east winning 2 of the last 3 titles.... hell, I've seen several snakes with 2 heads lately.... doesnt mean Im going to go out and advocate that the species has evolved.

TDMVPDPOY
03-14-2007, 09:34 AM
no concern about the heat

i prefer to play the pistons though with webber :D:D

heat = one hit wonders

Mr. Body
03-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Part of the reason we got Melvin Ely, IMO. Okay, most of the reason was to dump salary and a draft pick, but some was to give another bulky body just in case.

carib
03-14-2007, 09:37 AM
no concern about the heat

i prefer to play the pistons though with webber :D:D

heat = one hit wonders

Shaq always finds a way, don't count him out yet.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-14-2007, 09:53 AM
I have my doubts about Shaq shouldering the load down the stretch and having anything in the tank for the post season. I do not see them defending their title.

Solid D
03-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Whoever gets to the Finals from the West would have a difficult time if they meet Miami. Despite their tough luck with Wade's injury...the Heat getting Eddie Jones was probably the best stroke of good fortune seen by an NBA team this season.

boutons_
03-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Shaq replacing his "let Flash do it" attitude with his own increased efforts is admirable. Shows just was a rich, lazy, fat, unserious, bored fucker he is when given the chance.

If Wade comes back for the playoffs at 100%, Shaq will probably revert to "let Flash do it", either by choice, or by injury/fatigue.

The East is very hard to predict now. Detroit is missing something, the Heat don't look like successful title defenders, and the Cavs got nothing but LBJ who doesn't have the passion or the help to go all the way.

carib
03-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Shaq replacing his "let Flash do it" attitude with his own increased efforts is admirable. Shows just was a rich, lazy, fat, unserious, bored fucker he is when given the chance.

If Wade comes back for the playoffs at 100%, Shaq will probably revert to "let Flash do it", either by choice, or by injury/fatigue.

The East if very hard to predict now. Detroit is missing something, the Heat don't look like successful title defenders, and the Cavs got nothing but LBJ who doesn't have the passion or the help to go all the way.

Ok point is well taken, but out of the 3 teams that you made mentioned of, which one you pick to come out of the east

peskypesky
03-14-2007, 10:17 AM
I think every team should be worried about the Heat, especially if Wade is back for the playoffs. They are winning big of late, WITHOUT Wade, so you'd be foolish to not realize they're a threat. Never count a Shaq-led team out. He's past his prime, but he's still one of the top three centers in the league.

peskypesky
03-14-2007, 10:20 AM

You really don't get it, do you? He's 35 years old, fer chrissakes! You ever hear of "pacing yourself"?

I guess you're the kind of person who will argue against success.

boutons_
03-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Shaq hasn't done shit for years.
He shows up fat and outta shape.
He's not pacing himself, he's just lazy and bored.
He didn't play in the Finals last year like he's been playing since Wade went out.

peskypesky
03-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Shaq hasn't done shit for years.
He shows up fat and outta shape.
He's not pacing himself, he's just lazy and bored.
He didn't play in the Finals last year like he's been playing since Wade went out.

i apologize. didn't realize you were trying to be funny. lol

mabber
03-14-2007, 11:13 AM
I think every team should be worried about the Heat, especially if Wade is back for the playoffs. They are winning big of late, WITHOUT Wade, so you'd be foolish to not realize they're a threat. Never count a Shaq-led team out. He's past his prime, but he's still one of the top three centers in the league.

I certainly won't make the mistake of overlooking the Heat again. The Mav players won't either if given a chance at payback.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Whoever gets to the Finals from the West would have a difficult time if they meet Miami. Despite their tough luck with Wade's injury...the Heat getting Eddie Jones was probably the best stroke of good fortune seen by an NBA team this season.

What??? Eddie Jones has something left in the tank? When E. Jones was about to be released people in here were saying that the last thing the Spurs needed was another washed up old guy.

sa_butta
03-14-2007, 01:26 PM
I dont think they become a concern until we make it to the Finals and the Heat come out of the east.

mardigan
03-14-2007, 01:35 PM
I have my doubts about Shaq shouldering the load down the stretch and having anything in the tank for the post season. I do not see them defending their title.

I think Shaq will have pleny left with how much of the season he sat out

sa_butta
03-14-2007, 01:37 PM
I think Shaq will have pleny left with how much of the season he sat outEnough to carry them to the finals? I think he needs Wade to get them there.

SpursDynasty
03-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Not worried at all about the Heat.... They are probably the best the East has to offer right now.... but its still the East.

As far as the east winning 2 of the last 3 titles.... hell, I've seen several snakes with 2 heads lately.... doesnt mean Im going to go out and advocate that the species has evolved.

The west has won 6 of the last 8 titles. (Spurs and Lakers)
The east has won 2 of the last 8 titles. (Pistons and Heat)

mardigan
03-14-2007, 01:58 PM

The East has still won 2 out of the last 3 titles, what are you trying to say?

GrandeDavid
03-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Miami matched its largest comeback of the season and finished a 6-0 homestand -- all without Dwyane Wade.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AkMgJYXK05iBFyAoLzyU6_.8vLYF?gid=200703 1314

I'm in Miami right now and actually went to the Heat game against Utah last night with my business associate who is a season ticket holder (seats mid section lower level, row 8. PHAT!!). Anyway, great game and my friend and some other Heat fans I know like the Spurs. But I don't think the Spurs should be concerned with ANYBODY in the East. They need to focus 100% on Dallas and Phoenix, not to mention a possible first round matchup against a tough team like the Lakers.

Leetonidas
03-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Everyone writing off Detroit is hilarious.

Pugglekicker_21
03-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Its stupid to. They're the best team the East has, and w/o Wade, Miami cant do much damage. Lebron cant carry the Cavs there he'd run into the roadblocks that are the Pistons. Shaq will need help to get the Heat back to Finals, and if we meet them there than we have Ely, Oberto Duncan etc, to hold off Shaq, or at least contain him for a few games. Wade lighting up Bowen is what Id be more worried about.

Agloco
03-14-2007, 02:53 PM

True, but they've also won two of the last three..........

aaronstampler
03-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Getting out of the West will be such a Herculian accomplishment that there's no chance the Spurs would waste it if they got that far. Give the Spurs this much credit, they don't always play their best in the West playoffs, but if they get to the finals, they seal the deal.

GrandeDavid
03-14-2007, 03:41 PM
One observation from last night's game....OH HOW SHAQ LOOKS OOOOOL AND SLOWWWW AND BEAT DOWN LIVE!!! Seriously, he moved like a tree, literally shuffling up court. Damn, a shadow of his former self.

JamStone
03-14-2007, 04:08 PM
If I were a fan of a Western Conference team, I wouldn't worry about the Heat right now. I would worry about getting out of the Western Conference first. No matter how well the Heat are playing without Wade, a lot of things have to happen in order to meet them in the playoffs.

mabber
03-14-2007, 04:09 PM
One observation from last night's game....OH HOW SHAQ LOOKS OOOOOL AND SLOWWWW AND BEAT DOWN LIVE!!! Seriously, he moved like a tree, literally shuffling up court. Damn, a shadow of his former self.

How'd he play? I know he's been playing better lately.

Obstructed_View
03-14-2007, 04:16 PM
WGAF about the Leastern conference? When the Spurs knock out the Mavs we can revisit this conversation, if the Heat aren't in Cancun by then.

slayermin
03-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Detroit and Miami are both formidable opponents. I don't think Pop or the guys would overlook either team.

carib
03-16-2007, 07:12 AM
Miami is real they are looking good.

Dirk41MVP
03-16-2007, 02:37 PM
no because they won't play them in the Playoffs, that simple.

Holmes_Fans
03-16-2007, 02:44 PM
NBA doesn't want to see the spurs vs heat. They want the epic dallas vs heat rematch.

peskypesky
03-16-2007, 05:03 PM
One observation from last night's game....OH HOW SHAQ LOOKS OLD AND SLOW AND BEAT DOWN LIVE!!! Seriously, he moved like a tree, literally shuffling up court. Damn, a shadow of his former self.

That tree is going to fall on your ass and squish you like a flea.

Shaq's shadow > majority of centers in the NBA

Cry Havoc
03-16-2007, 08:27 PM
NBA doesn't want to see the spurs vs heat. They want the epic dallas vs heat rematch.

Actually, the league probably is hoping for a Suns - Cavs final.