PDA

View Full Version : Khalid Sheikh Mohammed

Nbadan
03-14-2007, 11:09 PM
http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2006/09/07/khalidart.jpg
'I was responsible for 9/11, from A to Z' - a confession from Guantánamo Bay

"I was responsible for the 9/11 operation, from A to Z. I was the operational director for Sheikh Usama [Osama] bin Laden for the organising, planning, follow-up and execution of the 9/11 operation," he allegedly confesses through his personal representative.

He allegedly also confesses to being a member of the al-Qaida council and the "military operational commander for all foreign operations". These include surveying the assassination of former American presidents, including Jimmy Carter, and planning to bomb suspension bridges in New York. In all, he has allegedly confessed to being responsible for 31 separate attacks or planned attacks, including ones on Heathrow airport, Canary Wharf and Big Ben in London.

Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/alqaida/story/0,,2034383,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=1)

Some wonder at what point during his torture Mohammed lost credibility?

:hat

boutons_
03-15-2007, 12:26 AM
I wonder if dickhead has the balls to execute this guy.
I figure yes. dickhead LOVES to fuck things up real good.

Now THAT would a great geo-political tactic and superb terrorist recruiting campaign.

clambake
03-15-2007, 12:43 AM
I wouldn't miss him. We need to destroy the real players, and those that bitch about his demise.

BIG IRISH
03-15-2007, 05:07 AM

Waterboarding Class 432 :)

George Gervin's Afro
03-15-2007, 06:58 AM
Yes I agree torturing this guy would be a good thing.

01Snake
03-15-2007, 10:15 AM
and those that bitch about his demise.

Who is first, Dan or Croutons?? :lol

Yonivore
03-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Why? Do you have information that exculpates him from any of the acts to which he confessed.

I'll tell you what some wonder. Some wonder if we'd of had a smoking hole in the ground on September 11, 2001 if President William Jefferson Clinton hadn't treated the 1993 WTC Bombing as a law enforcement matter and gone and got this prick then.

In other news, Sir Edmund Hillary Clinton -- ever the Left's political barometer -- seems to have sensed a political wind blowing, causing her to once again change her stance on Iraq:

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton foresees a “remaining military as well as political mission” in Iraq, and says that if elected president, she would keep a reduced but significant military force there to fight Al Qaeda, deter Iranian aggression, protect the Kurds and possibly support the Iraqi military.

In a half-hour interview on Tuesday in her Senate office, Mrs. Clinton said the scaled-down American military force that she would maintain in Iraq after taking office would stay off the streets in Baghdad and would no longer try to protect Iraqis from sectarian violence — even if it descended into ethnic cleansing.
Whilte it's is good to see Hillary recognize the need to help support the Iraqi government, her statement about not protecting Iraqis from sectarian violence, "even if it descended into ethnic cleansing," is troubling.

If "President Hillary" is serious that she would take no action in the event of an attempted genocide, then her behavior would verge upon criminal. If, however, Clinton is merely issuing "tough love" to encourage Sunni, Shia, and Kurd to work together, then her pronouncement makes far more practical sense.

It will be interesting to see how or if the other Democratic candidates will try to shift their positions as they watch Hilliary outmanuver them to the electable middle.

The nutters must be apoplectic.

whottt
03-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Condolences Dan. I know how much he means to you.

Nbadan
03-15-2007, 05:47 PM
...cause people who are tortured, never lie...

Nbadan
03-15-2007, 05:59 PM
Suspected 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed boasted at a military hearing at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba that he personally beheaded American journalist Daniel Pearl, according to a revised Pentagon transcript released Thursday.

Mohammed has been considered a suspect since shortly after the kidnapping. Pakistani President Gen. Pervez Musharraf wrote in a memoir published last year that Mohammed either killed Pearl or took part in the murder.

But Mohammed was not officially linked to Pearl's murder during Pakistani police investigations or the trial that resulted in four Islamic militants being convicted for the killing. One of the men was sentenced to death, and the others to life in prison.

"I decapitated with my blessed right hand the head of the American Jew, Daniel Pearl, in the city of Karachi, Pakistan," Mohammed told a U.S. military panel Saturday. "For those who would like to confirm, there are pictures of me on the Internet holding his head."

Yahoo News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070315/ap_on_re_as/terrorist_confession_daniel_pearl_1)

Next up: "I Killed Anna Nicole"

Nbadan
03-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Ghosts tell no tales? You decide....

Oct 30, 2002

KARACHI - Ever since the frenzied shootout last month on September 11 in Karachi there have been doubts over whether Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the self-proclaimed head of al-Qaeda's military committee, died in the police raid on his apartment.

Certainly, another senior al-Qaeda figure, Ramzi Binalshibh, widely attributed as being the coordinator of the September 11 attacks on the United States a year earlier, was taken alive and handed over to the US. The latest information is that he is on a US warship somewhere in the Gulf.

Now it has emerged that Kuwaiti national Khalid Shaikh Mohammed did indeed perish in the raid, but his wife and child were taken from the apartment and handed over to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), in whose hands they remain.

Sources close to Pakistani intelligence agents say that the wife, under intense interrogation, has revealed information that is likely to lead to a new crackdown in Pakistan, as well as in Southeast Asia.

Atimes (http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/DJ30Df01.html)

smeagol
03-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Way to go Dan.

Are you P&G's mentor?

Nbadan
03-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Whatever happened to that Obama....errr....Usama...errr....Osama guy anyway?

01Snake
03-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Whatever happened to that Obama....errr....Usama...errr....Osama guy anyway?

That pussy hasn't popped his head out of a hole in years. He knows if he does, he's dead.

Nbadan
03-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Well, war on terra is over! Mohammed did it!!

exstatic
03-15-2007, 07:33 PM
That pussy hasn't popped his head out of a hole in years. He knows if he does, he's dead.
Actually, he walks around in broad daylight in the tribal areas of Pakistan. Musharraf, the pussy, has opted out of that fight.

boutons_
03-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Musharref, and the US, know that if Musharref really leans on the al-Quaida and Taleban, he risks lots of domestic violence. Probably not enough to get overthrown, but he couldn't get tough without lots of counter-attacks. That's why the US can't get tough on Musharref. OBL and Mullah Omar know it. They're quite safe in the FATAs.

Yonivore
03-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Actually, he walks around in broad daylight in the tribal areas of Pakistan.
Really? Have you shared this intelligence with the U. S. Military?

boutons_
03-15-2007, 11:16 PM
The US military could hit the FATAs, but they know they can't without inflaming anti-Musharref radicals in Pakistan.

01Snake
03-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Really? Have you shared this intelligence with the U. S. Military?

No shit. The dude is buried so far down in a cave he probably hasn't seen daylight in years. That or he's already dead.

Nbadan
03-17-2007, 02:30 AM
Well, well, well....

Exclusive: Pearl Family Doubts KSM Confession

The father of murdered Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl says he doesn't believe al Qaeda mastermind Khalid Sheik Mohammed is the man who beheaded his son, despite Mohammed's confession to a US military tribunal.

"He wants to take credit for doing it, and he wants to exonerate al Qaeda, blame Pakistan, and whatever," said Judea Pearl, Danny's father. "When a person confesses and he has nothing to lose. You have to take it with a spice of doubt."

In an exclusive interview with ABC News, Pearl said that from what he knows about the investigation there are still many unanswered questions trailing back to Pakistan. "We still don't know the whereabouts of the guy who owned the nursery , Memon, where Danny was held," said Pearl. "We don’t know the identities and the whereabouts of the three Arabs who came the last day and performed the murder." While Khalid Sheikh Mohammed claims to be one of them, Pearl says the facts "don't match his story."

Pearl worries that since KSM has confessed to his son's murder, it will be easy for the U.S. Government to slow down or close the investigation into the tragedy.

"Governments are tired, they have bureaucracy, they have other pressing issues that are higher priorities, so they tend to forget the human injustices," he says. "If one person is murdered, a government tends to forget it."

ABC News (http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2007/03/exclusive_pearl.html)

Seriously for a sec....Mohammed doesn't look like the type of guy who can organize a trip to chucky cheese much less international terra....

Nbadan
03-17-2007, 03:52 AM
From CNN

CNN Online Poll: 76% Doubt KSM

sabar
03-17-2007, 04:26 AM
Who cares what people believe, only the truth matters, which no one will ever know.
If anything though, it shows how much people have really come to distrust this administration, and rightly so.

Clandestino
03-17-2007, 05:45 AM
dan, you never cease to amaze me about how full of shit you are...

if ksm had said that bush was responsible for the killing you would have believed him

sabar
03-17-2007, 06:31 AM
Now here is some substance:

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Investigation/story?id=1322866

It's a good read, but here's a clip:

6. Water Boarding: The prisoner is bound to an inclined board, feet raised and head slightly below the feet. Cellophane is wrapped over the prisoner's face and water is poured over him. Unavoidably, the gag reflex kicks in and a terrifying fear of drowning leads to almost instant pleas to bring the treatment to a halt.

According to the sources, CIA officers who subjected themselves to the water boarding technique lasted an average of 14 seconds before caving in. They said al Qaeda's toughest prisoner, Khalid Sheik Mohammed, won the admiration of interrogators when he was able to last between two and two-and-a-half minutes before begging to confess.

"The person believes they are being killed, and as such, it really amounts to a mock execution, which is illegal under international law," said John Sifton of Human Rights Watch.

Some more reading.

http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/news/news.php?article=12466
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070315/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/terrorist_plots_4

Either way, it's obvious these admissions are the result of torture, not to mention some things just not adding up. For instance, Mohammed wasn't the mastermind behind the 1993 bombing.

Does it make him totally uncredible? Maybe, maybe not. But it is dangerous to accept this as it is and assume the world is safe.

Mohammed's life is over and he has nothing to lose by taking responsibility for what other people who remain uncaught did.

boutons_
03-17-2007, 10:25 AM
"some would say" it's all bullshit, he's entertaining himself and pulling his torturer's chains;

Why KSM's Confession Rings False

By Robert Baer
TIME Magazine

Thursday 15 March 2007

It's hard to tell what the Pentagon's objective really is in releasing the transcript of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed's confession. It certainly suggests the Administration is trying to blame KSM for al-Qaeda terrorism, leading us to believe we've caught the master terrorist and that al-Qaeda, and especially the ever-elusive bin Laden, is no longer a threat to the U.S.

( probably just a distraction from Rove to get people's mind off the US Attorney firings. I expect Rove to spread a rumor that the the US Attornyes who are talking are gay, his typical tactic. )
But there is a major flaw in that marketing strategy. On the face of it, KSM, as he is known inside the government, comes across as boasting, at times mentally unstable. It's also clear he is making things up. I'm told by people involved in the investigation that KSM was present during Wall Street Journal correspondent Danny Pearl's execution but was in fact not the person who killed him. There exists videotape footage of the execution that minimizes KSM's role. And if KSM did indeed exaggerate his role in the Pearl murder, it raises the question of just what else he has exaggerated, or outright fabricated.

Just as importantly, there is an absence of collateral evidence that would support KSM's story. KSM claims he was "responsible for the 9/11 operation from A-Z." Yet he has omitted details that would support his role. For instance, one of the more intriguing mysteries is who recruited and vetted the fifteen Saudi hijackers, the so-called "muscle." The well-founded suspicion is that Qaeda was running a cell inside the Kingdom that spotted these young men and forwarded them to al-Qaeda. KSM and al-Qaeda often appear bumbling, but they would never have accepted recruits they couldn't count on. KSM does not offer us an answer as to how this worked.

KSM has also not offered evidence of state support to al-Qaeda, though there is good evidence there was, even at a low level. KSM himself was harbored by a member of Qatar's royal family after he was indicted in the U.S. for the Bojinka plot — a plan to bomb twelve American airplanes over the Pacific. KSM and al-Qaeda also received aid from supporters in Pakistan, quite possibly from sympathizers in the Pakistani intelligence service. KSM provides no details that would suggest we are getting the full story from him.

Although he claims to have been al-Qaeda's foreign operations chief, he has offered no information about European networks. Today, dozens of investigations are going on in Great Britain surrounding the London tube bombings on July 7, 2005. Yet KSM apparently knew nothing about these networks or has not told his interrogators about them.

The fact is al-Qaeda is too smart to put all of its eggs in one basket. It has not and does not have a field commander, the role KSM has arrogated. It works on the basis of "weak links," mounting terrorist operations by bringing in people on an ad hoc basis, and immediately disbanding the group afterwards.

Until we hear more, the mystery of who KSM is and what he was responsible for is still a mystery.

--------

Robert Baer, a former CIA field officer assigned to the Middle East, is the author of See No Evil and, most recently, the novel Blow the House Down.

johnsmith
03-17-2007, 10:30 AM
The guy is probably boasting and most likely didn't have as much involvement as he has claimed. However, who gives a fuck? He's obviously a fairly important player within terror cells and we have the fat bastard. I don't really care if all he did was watch 9/11 on CNN, he's a fucking terrorist and should be treated as such.

01Snake
03-17-2007, 11:52 AM
So if someone confesses to something after being tortured, it's always false? KTHX

exstatic
03-17-2007, 11:55 AM
So if someone confesses to something after being tortured, it's always false? KTHX
People being tortured will either die or tell you what you want to hear. The VC and NVA got American POWs to confess to all KINDS of things. That's a fact. I'm surprised he didn't confess to the JFK assassination.

That's the reason most civilized countries shun torture. It's ghastly AND unreliable.

ChumpDumper
03-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Mission Accomplished.

Again.

Clandestino
03-17-2007, 02:27 PM
i'm pretty fucking happy he is being "tortured." the only thing that could make me happier is if they killed him.

exstatic
03-17-2007, 03:27 PM
i'm pretty fucking happy he is being "tortured." the only thing that could make me happier is if they killed him.
Isn't that the Saddam methodology? Didn't we overthrow him because he was a bad man and tortured people? At least that was the latest excuse for our invasion....

johnsmith
03-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Isn't that the Saddam methodology? Didn't we overthrow him because he was a bad man and tortured people? At least that was the latest excuse for our invasion....

So now you're comparing Saddam's treatment of hundreds of thousands of innocent citizens for having a different religion then his to the way we are treating a single terrorist that has had involvement (who knows to what level) in many terror attacks spanning the globe? That makes sense.

ChumpDumper
03-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Had we only treated only one guy like that, your point may have made sense also.

whottt
03-17-2007, 03:45 PM
People being tortured will either die or tell you what you want to hear. The VC and NVA got American POWs to confess to all KINDS of things. That's a fact. I'm surprised he didn't confess to the JFK assassination.

That's the reason most civilized countries shun torture. It's ghastly AND unreliable.

That's also the reason civilized countries lose guerilla wars.

Sin, The British

If they want to fight guerilla warfare fuck em.

When someone is fighting dirty you are an idiot if you fight conventionally....looks good in movies, doesn't apply in real life. Gets you wasted in real life. Our technology isn't that superior...

When they stop deliberately targeting women and children and non military targets, and fighting covertly...then I'll be against their torture.

But until then IMO, the rules of spying apply...spies get tortured, they get murdered, they disappear forever.

Get a uniform, fly a flag, and stick to military targets if they don't want to be tortured.

But of course they won't do that...because they'll lose.

So we're supposed to lose because they fight dirty?

I think that's pretty stupid logic...exspecially since they want the fight.

whottt
03-17-2007, 03:53 PM

:tu

Pigfeed

johnsmith
03-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Had we only treated only one guy like that, your point may have made sense also.

But since this thread is only about Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and that is exactly what he was referring too, then yes, it does make sense.

For a mod, you sure like to change the subject of thread's a lot.

ChumpDumper
03-17-2007, 06:24 PM
PM someone who cares.

smeagol
03-17-2007, 07:24 PM
I feel no pitty for this piece of shit.

Yonivore
03-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Actually, no. I don't think we threw him off a building, severed any limbs or digits, raped his wife or children in front of him, or fed him through a plastics shredder so, no, I don't think we employed the Saddam "torture" model.

Second question. Yes, we did.

Actually, it isn't a new "excuse;" try reading the AUMF in Iraq.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-17-2007, 08:09 PM
I wonder if dickhead has the balls to execute this guy.
I figure yes. dickhead LOVES to fuck things up real good.

Now THAT would a great geo-political tactic and superb terrorist recruiting campaign.

:lmao Only boutons would advocate putting this guy on a fucking shrine when he was responsible for the death of 3000 Americans.

I can always count on you to be a bigoted, dumbass little bitch :tu

spurster
03-17-2007, 10:25 PM
I thought the point of the pro-torture side was that torture would get you the truth. If it's torture for torture's sake, then you have reached the level of Saddam and the terrorists.

dallaskd
03-17-2007, 10:33 PM
thats a long name.

Extra Stout
03-18-2007, 12:02 AM
I think when he confessed to killing JFK, that was under duress.

boutons_
03-18-2007, 02:13 AM
Are you drunk, dickless twerp? What I wrote and what you said I wrote are totally unrelated.

johnsmith
03-18-2007, 07:47 AM
PM someone who cares.

Oh my God you're a huge nerd. Quick, get out your Magic the Gathering cards and use your third level Knight abilities to slay me. Oh great Nerd lord, please do not use your powers for evil, protect thy posters so that they may not have to fear being persecuted by moderators.

You're a fucking dork and a chump, says so right there in your name.

johnsmith
03-18-2007, 07:48 AM
PM someone who cares.

Hey nerd, shouldn't you worry more about threads staying on track rather then always trying to change the subject of said threads?

Yonivore
03-18-2007, 09:30 AM
I thought the point of the pro-torture side was that torture would get you the truth. If it's torture for torture's sake, then you have reached the level of Saddam and the terrorists.
Actually, there were several plots thwarted because of the actionable intelligence "tortured" from KSM.

boutons_
03-18-2007, 09:42 AM
"several plots"

Once again, Yoni is privy to secret information that even WH would love to spin and hype if it had the same info. Please forward to [email protected].

johnsmith
03-18-2007, 09:55 AM
"several plots"

Once again, Yoni is privy to secret information that even WH would love to spin and hype if it had the same info. Please forward to [email protected].

So you live in a white house now huh?

I also think that's a little of the pot calling the kettle black, if I had a nickel for everytime you or one of the other board liberals posted a bunch of info that you claim to be true without having any facts to back it up, then I'd have a shit load of nickels.

ChumpDumper
03-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Hey nerd, shouldn't you worry more about threads staying on track rather then always trying to change the subject of said threads?Actually no, if it's realtive to the actual subject it's perfectly acceptable, dork. Now you can stop trying to change the subject to me all the time, twerp.

ChumpDumper
03-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Now that we got he name calling out of the way, we can continue discussing matters related to the topic.

johnsmith
03-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Now that we got he name calling out of the way, we can continue discussing matters related to the topic.

:toast

Wait, what was the topic again?