PDA

View Full Version : People who say the Suns don't stand a title-chance...

dg7md
03-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Are suckers.

I saw intensity of the 05 Spurs in this Suns team.

Dirk is a choker, again.

mavs>spurs2
03-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Do you suffer from premature ejaculation?

dg7md
03-14-2007, 11:23 PM

A Mavs fan accusing me of that? :lol

70 wins! Dirk = mvp! We're winning the title for sure!

z0sa
03-14-2007, 11:23 PM

Of all the fans in this forum to say this, a Mavericks fan does it. How ironic.

Budkin
03-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Let's see the Suns do that in 4 of 7 games. No way they win the title.

ducks
03-14-2007, 11:29 PM
dirk,stackhouse and terry combinned for 90 points
howard added 19 and they still lost
bad d

mavs>spurs2
A Mavs fan accusing me of that? :lol

70 wins! Dirk = mvp! We're winning the title for sure!

I never said either of those things.

ducks
I will say though mavs should have lost the 2 times earlier they played to

I think suns do stand a chance against mavs just not spurs

z0sa
03-14-2007, 11:32 PM
I seriously believe the suns could beat the Mavs 4 out of 7. Their offense right now is simply unstoppable. THe mavs are not a bad defensive team and the suns were making their defense look like the defense in a pickup game.

Nash can spoonfeed Amare anywhere around the basket and its 2 points or a foul, often both. I just dont see who on the mavs can stop nash and amare.

timvp
03-14-2007, 11:37 PM
With Nash going from the worst defender of his generation to simply a poor defender, that makes the Suns a much better team. And if Amare is at 100%?

Damn . . .

z0sa
03-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Amare just needs to learn the fundamentals. If he knew how to properly box out, for example ...

SpursDynasty
03-15-2007, 12:10 AM
The Suns couldn't win a championship, but good job for them going out there tonight and taking care of business, beating a team they were supposed to beat.

dirk4mvp
03-15-2007, 12:15 AM
With Nash going from the worst defender of his generation to simply a poor defender, that makes the Suns a much better team. And if Amare is at 100%?

Damn . . .

When Dirk grows a pair and learns how to take over games 100% of the time?

Damn . . .

Trainwreck2100
03-15-2007, 12:19 AM
When Dirk grows a pair and learns how to take over games 100% of the time?

Damn . . .

It's hard to grow a pair when you have a vagina

dirk4mvp
03-15-2007, 12:19 AM
sex change.

Shank
03-15-2007, 12:21 AM
The Suns couldn't win a championship, but good job for them going out there tonight and taking care of business, beating a team they were supposed to beat.

Don't you ever say anything else?

Dallas was -5 before the game. Technically, they were the favorites to win.

Cry Havoc
03-15-2007, 01:01 AM

That's not the number of open shots allowed in this game.

That's the number of minutes played tonight by Steve Nash, Amare Stoudamire, and Shawn Marion. Consider that for a moment.

Yeah, it was a big win tonight.... but will anyone be worried about this game when it's Game 1 tip-off between the Spurs-Suns or Suns-Mavs? My guess is... no. It's just another regular season game that Phoenix is exerting itself to the max to win.

I don't get it. Is the #1 seed in the playoffs worth absolutely killing your team to attain?

I'll take the #3 seed with rested players, thanks.

monosylab1k
03-15-2007, 01:05 AM
I said it before the game and I'm saying now...

The Suns have ZERO chance of beating the Mavs or Spurs in the playoffs. ZERO.

Shank
03-15-2007, 01:05 AM
I hate the Suns and their bullshit more and more every time I see them. As the game wrapped up tonight, I could only say that I can't wait for the Spurs to dismantle these assholes when the playoffs roll around.

Just keep on the lookout for Nash shoving off and traveling in the paint and Stoudemire playing the most reckless brand of defense you'll ever see.

Cry Havoc
03-15-2007, 01:07 AM

Damn . . .

He'll still get torched by Parker. He'll undoubtedly dominate a lot too, but the difference is the Spurs defense is good enough to make up for that mismatch. The Suns cannot, do not know how to rotate to cover Parker when he makes Nash look like a silly lost white boy on D. That's the crux of the series.

BillsCarnage
03-15-2007, 01:08 AM
I hate the Suns and their bullshit more and more every time I see them. As the game wrapped up tonight, I could only say that I can't wait for the Spurs to dismantle these assholes when the playoffs roll around.

Just keep on the lookout for Nash shoving off and traveling in the paint and Stoudemire playing the most reckless brand of defense you'll ever see.

http://crystal.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/crybaby.jpg

:lmao :lmao

Amuseddaysleeper
03-15-2007, 01:11 AM
I made a thread about why spurs will beat the suns come playoff time in the Spurs section

RonMexico
03-15-2007, 02:40 AM

And the "insider" finally crumbles into the pussy he is.

Maybe they'll call those "push offs" you claim to see when they call Jason Terry/Josh Howard's 900 carrying violations per game. Terry got away with a carry on the possession before he hit the big 3 to send it into the 2nd OT.

Just because your "all-star" is a fucking retard who fouls Nash on the 3 point attempt, misses FTs, fouls out, and gets away with at least 3 flops (while Stack threw another in for good measure), don't call out the two Suns players who put the team on their backs and pulled this one out.

monosylab1k
03-15-2007, 08:40 AM
And the "insider" finally crumbles into the pussy he is.

Maybe they'll call those "push offs" you claim to see when they call Jason Terry/Josh Howard's 900 carrying violations per game. Terry got away with a carry on the possession before he hit the big 3 to send it into the 2nd OT.

Just because your "all-star" is a fucking retard who fouls Nash on the 3 point attempt, misses FTs, fouls out, and gets away with at least 3 flops (while Stack threw another in for good measure), don't call out the two Suns players who put the team on their backs and pulled this one out.

well, now we know what your excuses are going to be come playoff time. And what they would have been tonight if Dirk hadn't choked the game away.

mFFL03
03-15-2007, 08:51 AM
I love how everyone keeps forgetting we didn't have Devin Harris, Deveon George, Josh Howard late in the game, and Eric Dampier late in the game.

Who fouled out for them? Oh thats right, Boris Diaw.......

monosylab1k
03-15-2007, 08:55 AM
I love how everyone keeps forgetting we didn't have Devin Harris, Deveon George, Josh Howard late in the game, and Eric Dampier late in the game.

Who fouled out for them? Oh thats right, Boris Diaw.......

Yeah, but none of that can be used as an excuse. Dirk choked the game away, bottom line. He missed free throws and disappeared in OT.

Although having George and Harris for a full game would have been nice. On the other hand, I was pleasantly surprised by how relatively well Barea played.

LEONARD
03-15-2007, 08:57 AM
I never said either of those things.

Most Mavs fans haven't, but most Spurs fans here have some imaginary vision of everybody in Dallas celebrating their championship already...it's pretty funny actually :lol

mFFL03
03-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Yeah, but none of that can be used as an excuse. Dirk choked the game away, bottom line. He missed free throws and disappeared in OT.

Although having George and Harris for a full game would have been nice. On the other hand, I was pleasantly surprised by how relatively well Barea played.

An excuse? I meant its a HUGE factor. Barea DOES NOT substitute for Devin Harris. Barea will never slash to the basket then kick out. Barea just plays simple point guard offense at the moment. No Jo-Ho means less D, no George means ALOT of less D, no Dampier means no crucial rebounds or giving Amare a hard time. Amare owned Diop last night and it showed. And once again, no devin means no chasing him around the court, slashing to the basket, getting chargers, steals, and fouls when he goes to the rim.

I'm just saying...take out 2 of their guys other with Diaw and what do they have?

Regardless....theres no way they can ever keep that up against a 7 game against the Spurs then Mavs or vice versa. That's what I came away with last night...

monosylab1k
03-15-2007, 09:08 AM
I meant its a HUGE factor.

I think unless it's Dirk, it's not a huge enough factor to use as an excuse for losing (which is why I hate Phoenix so much, because somehow ANY injury for them becomes an excuse - we didn't have Joe Johnson, we didn't have Boris Diaw, we didn't have Raja Bell, we didn't have Jake Voskuhl, etc). And if Dirk takes care of business and makes a free throw, we're not having this discussion.

Regardless....theres no way they can ever keep that up against a 7 game against the Spurs then Mavs or vice versa. That's what I came away with last night...

I came away with the exact same thing. The Suns had their absolute A+ game out there, and they barely squeaked out a 2OT win. If the Mavs play with a little more poise in the 4th quarter, then we would have whipped their asses.

And the one thing that drives me insane about Avery - he seems in love with slowing the game down once he has a lead. Taking everything they did to get that lead, throwing it out the window, and trying to run the clock out. If they had played the 4th quarter with the same aggression they did in the 3rd, they'd have won by 30.

monosylab1k
03-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Barea will never slash to the basket then kick out.

At the same time, Barea was in for much of the 3rd quarter, which was the only good quarter of basketball we played. Not saying to play him over Harris, but when he was in the game, the team played great....and then Avery got conservative, decided to go against everything that was working beautifully in the 3rd quarter, sat Barea and told Terry to hold it for 15 seconds before scrambling for a shot, and decided that playing Greg Buckner's worthless ass would somehow work.

RonMexico
03-15-2007, 09:13 AM
well, now we know what your excuses are going to be come playoff time. And what they would have been tonight if Dirk hadn't choked the game away.

My "excuse" is that Josh Howard choked?

monosylab1k
03-15-2007, 09:15 AM
My "excuse" is that Josh Howard choked?

Did you not mention something about 900 carries and flops?

RonMexico
03-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Well, yes - but those are a given in any Mavs game, so I think teams have learned to adjust.

You know it's true about Jason Carry, so just stop right there.

monosylab1k
03-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Well, yes - but those are a given in any Mavs game, so I think teams have learned to adjust.

You know it's true about Jason Carry, so just stop right there.

Oh yeah, I forgot. The Suns are the only team in the league that doesn't get away with bullshit.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-15-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm doubtful about the championship hopes of any team that makes Eric Dampier look like Bill Russell. 11 offensive boards!

LEONARD
03-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Barea will never slash to the basket then kick out. Barea just plays simple point guard offense at the moment.

Actually, Barea drove twice and kicked out to the left for a wide open 3 twice...

RonMexico
03-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot. The Suns are the only team in the league that doesn't get away with bullshit.

And D-Wade is the only one that says Dirk doesn't step up

monosylab1k
03-15-2007, 09:45 AM
And D-Wade is the only one that says Dirk doesn't step up

relevant.

monosylab1k
03-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Actually, Barea drove twice and kicked out to the left for a wide open 3 twice...

for whatever reason, the team was clicking last night with barea on the court....Avery should have stuck with him instead of playing it safe with Buckner.

RonMexico
03-15-2007, 09:49 AM
relevant.

It is - because now the entire nation and the Suns can say he didn't... again...

monosylab1k
03-15-2007, 09:50 AM
It is - because now the entire nation and the Suns can say he didn't... again...

Which of course ties exactly into what we were discussing regarding excuses and 900 carries.

RonMexico
03-15-2007, 09:54 AM
make it cool 1,000 carries, then... won't faze me or the Suns for that matter

monosylab1k
03-15-2007, 09:56 AM

and finally, congratulations on the win. it was a great game either way. enjoy it while you can, because you won't be enjoying this season for too much longer.

Shank
03-15-2007, 10:01 AM

Clever. Call someone a pussy for saying that I hate your bullshit team and their bullshit style of play and them come back and make excuses of your own. I also like how you and your little butt-buddies here are acting like you just won the trophy or something. I wasn't making excuses. I was saying how Nash gets away with something every time he drives and how undisciplined Amare is that he rages around recklessly. Did I say anything about this costing the Mavs the game or did I use them as an excuse for the loss? Fuck no. The Mavs lost due to poor execution down the stretch. But I guess you read what you want, as per usual.

RonMexico
03-15-2007, 10:03 AM
See the thing is: Nash doesn't get away with any of that... in fact, he gets fouled more than anyone when he drives the lane, but it's never called.

monosylab1k
03-15-2007, 10:07 AM
See the thing is: Nash doesn't get away with any of that... in fact, he gets fouled more than anyone when he drives the lane, but it's never called.

LMFAO!!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lmao :lmao :rollin :rollin :downspin: :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long, long. long time. Good work, that's some high quality comedy right there.

ponky
03-15-2007, 10:10 AM
I will say though mavs should have lost the 2 times earlier they played to

I think suns do stand a chance against mavs just not spurs

right because the games were close so the mavs didn't deserve their wins...and the mavs should've lost those close games against the spurs last year as well...whereas a definitive trouncing like the suns 16 point win over the spurs last month proves something entirely different....hmmm, what does it mean?

RonMexico
03-15-2007, 10:16 AM
right because the games were close so the mavs didn't deserve their wins...and the mavs should've lost those close games against the spurs last year as well...whereas a definitive trouncing like the suns 16 point win over the spurs last month proves something entirely different....hmmm, what does it mean?

Oh, it means the Spurs were waiting for SPAM!!!!

monosylab1k
03-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Oh, it means the Spurs were waiting for SPAM!!!!

The Spurs have SPAM, and the Mavs have....uh....MAGIC....err...

Mavericks
Are
Gross
In
Clutch

Maybe I'm being too harsh on my guys....but the choke act last night just really really pissed me off.

RonMexico
03-15-2007, 10:58 AM
The Spurs have SPAM, and the Mavs have....uh....MAGIC....err...

Mavericks
Are
Gross
In
Clutch

Maybe I'm being too harsh on my guys....but the choke act last night just really really pissed me off.

That's how I felt in December... Suns choke to Mavs; TAMU chokes to Cal in the Holiday Bowl, so I was a very angry drunk that night.

It's ok if you're harsh on your boys, just quit being so hard on mine and saying they're gonna get swept. Hey, no one could have complained more about the poor calls last night than Stack, Dirk, and Nash...

Shank
03-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Not playing the ref-blaming card, but there were some egregiously bad calls on both sides last night.

ponky
03-15-2007, 11:01 AM
just be happy there is another matchup in two weeks...in the meantime we play like 7 eastern conference teams along with the hornets before that matchup...yes, we do play the pistons and cavs but we also play the celtics twice and the knicks twice...we should have some time to get back and hopefully devean and devin will be back as well

RonMexico
03-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Not playing the ref-blaming card, but there were some egregiously bad calls on both sides last night.

Oh yeah - it was atrocious. Maybe these guys are getting too old... but they messed with the Suns in the 3rd and then screwed the Mavs over in the 4th and OT... still a great game.

Shank
03-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Steve Javie was making Bennett Salvatore look like Mother Teresa.

mFFL03
03-15-2007, 11:18 AM
I think unless it's Dirk, it's not a huge enough factor to use as an excuse for losing (which is why I hate Phoenix so much, because somehow ANY injury for them becomes an excuse - we didn't have Joe Johnson, we didn't have Boris Diaw, we didn't have Raja Bell, we didn't have Jake Voskuhl, etc). And if Dirk takes care of business and makes a free throw, we're not having this discussion.

Sorry, we play like crap when everything has to run through Dirk. The only team that works for is the Spurs, with Tim Duncan. Dirk just doesn't know how to back down a low post player yet. Too many high postings (which he's always done).

But kick it out of there if it isn't working.

We are winning ALOT this season because we are the best TEAM, with one of the best players...not the other way around. We'll never win it with just having one great player...just ask lebron and iverson.

RonMexico
03-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Yeah, we're saying the Suns are a great TEAM too - I'm just saying a superstar like Amare would have been a big factor in a Conference Finals Series for a team that overachieved all year and was worn down by two 7-game series beforehand.

ponky
03-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah, we're saying the Suns are a great TEAM too - I'm just saying a superstar like Amare would have been a big factor in a Conference Finals Series for a team that overachieved all year and was worn down by two 7-game series beforehand.

meh, you had your chance when dallas was worn down with a grueling seven game series against the rockets (much harder than playing the lakers) two years ago while the suns swept the grizz...why did the suns get spanked handily by the spurs in the wcf? i'm just curious why it's different now?

RonMexico
03-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Those games were closer than the score indicates in the 2005 WCF. Also, you're forgetting that Joe Johnson was out for the first 3 games of the WCF, so Bowen was able to focus all his energy on Marion and make him a non-factor. I think a player like Joe Johnson is very important to that success and Jimmy Jackson just didn't feel the void.

Lastly, the Spurs hit the shots they needed to hit in the 4th quarters of those games, while the Suns (aka Choke-Rich) did not.

stretch
03-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Those games were closer than the score indicates in the 2005 WCF. Also, you're forgetting that Joe Johnson was out for the first 3 games of the WCF, so Bowen was able to focus all his energy on Marion and make him a non-factor. I think a player like Joe Johnson is very important to that success and Jimmy Jackson just didn't feel the void.

Lastly, the Spurs hit the shots they needed to hit in the 4th quarters of those games, while the Suns (aka Choke-Rich) did not.
much like the Mavs did in the 4th quarter of games last year against the Suns in the playoffs.

RonMexico
03-15-2007, 02:05 PM
much like the Mavs did in the 4th quarter of games last year against the Suns in the playoffs.

That's true - Game 6 was the whole second half, though... so that was a complete meltdown.