PDA

View Full Version : God Bless The NBA

timvp
03-14-2007, 11:25 PM
:wow

What a game between the Mavs and Suns. These are two of the best regular season teams I've seen in the last 20 years. The Mavs are better than they were last year and the Suns are better than they were in 2005.

It's a shame that only one can make the Finals. The Mavs are a former run and gun team who now play some of the most structured team basketball on both ends of the court I've ever seen. With Amare back at full strength, these Suns might be a top five offensive team of all-time. And the good ol' Spurs might have the most talented threesome in the league on a team that knows how to win Championships.

Can anyone really argue that the 2006-07 Mavs, Suns and Spurs are the best trio of teams in one conference in NBA history? I can't even think of a close second place off the top of my head.

http://www.midwestpins.com/basket85.jpg

phyzik
03-14-2007, 11:26 PM

What a game between the Mavs and Suns. These are two of the best regular season teams I've seen in the last 20 years. The Mavs are better than they were last year and the Suns are better than they were in 2005.

It's a shame that only one can make the Finals. The Mavs are a former run and gun team who now play some of the most structured team basketball on both ends of the court I've ever seen. With Amare back at full strength, these Suns might be a top five offensive team of all-time. And the good ol' Spurs might have the most talented threesome in the league on a team that knows how to win Championships.

Can anyone really argue that the 2006-07 Mavs, Suns and Spurs are the best trio of teams in one conference in NBA history? I can't even think of a close second place off the top of my head.

Definately the most powerfull trio of teams in the NBA in a LONG LONG time. One of these 3 teams is definately bound to hold up the trophy when all is said and done, hopefully its the Spurs.

z0sa
03-14-2007, 11:27 PM
I think the Suns could beat the Mavs in a 7 game series.

JamStone
03-14-2007, 11:28 PM
I know this is a Spurs site, and I realize that the Spurs are playing great right now, but I really believe the Mavs and the Suns are a level above the Spurs. I think it's the Mavs and the Suns ... and everyone else.

stretch
03-14-2007, 11:30 PM
I know this is a Spurs site, and I realize that the Spurs are playing great right now, but I really believe the Mavs and the Suns are a level above the Spurs. I think it's the Mavs and the Suns ... and everyone else.
I disagree. I still think its the Mavs and Spurs, then the Suns and Lakers, then everyone else. The Suns still play no defense, and cant rebound for shit. that NEVER works in the playoffs. it works plenty in the regular season, as we saw tonight, but NEVER in the playoffs.

phyzik
03-14-2007, 11:31 PM

Hard to argue with that... and it hurts to say it.

But Spurs always SPAM and go into the playoffs to compete at a very high level.... The last few years seem like the Spurs always have another gear to go to.... only if the gear track would pull the chain over to the next gear, sometimes it skips.

May sound homerist but I just cant see losing to the Suns in a 7 game series... they just dont play the same level of D# as Spurs and Mavs do.

I could definately see losing to the mavs... But I can also see the Spurs dominating the playoffs.

its going to be an interesting playoffs this year, thats for sure.

timvp
03-14-2007, 11:33 PM

We'll find out in the playoffs.

All I know is the Spurs will face perhaps the toughest road of all-time to just reach the Finals.

JamStone
03-14-2007, 11:34 PM
I could be wrong. And, I'm not trolling or trying to start a flame war or anything like that. It's just my opinion the Mavs and the Suns are better than any other team. The Spurs are definitely right next in line as the third best team in the entire league. I just feel the other two are (cliche) heads and shoulders above everyone else, including SAS.

ShoogarBear
03-14-2007, 11:34 PM
It was a good game. Both teams played hard.

JMarkJohns
03-14-2007, 11:36 PM
It was a good game. Both teams played hard.

My man, are you saying both teams played hard? Love the Rasheed quote.

SequSpur
03-14-2007, 11:38 PM
Spurs got this.

Book it.

z0sa
03-14-2007, 11:39 PM
I could be wrong. And, I'm not trolling or trying to start a flame war or anything like that. It's just my opinion the Mavs and the Suns are better than any other team. The Spurs are definitely right next in line as the third best team in the entire league. I just feel the other two are (cliche) heads and shoulders above everyone else, including SAS.

A 13 game winning streak, 11-0 since the all star break, and some of the best defense the spurs have played in years and the mavs and suns are head and shoulders above the spurs? :lol

Makes no sense at all.

phyzik
03-14-2007, 11:39 PM
Spurs got this.

Book it.

patiently waiting for tomorrows post after the game about who we should get rid of and why the fuck we still have them. :smokin

ShoogarBear
03-14-2007, 11:41 PM
patiently waiting for tomorrows post after the game about who we should get rid of and why the fuck we still have them. :smokin:rollin

JamStone
03-14-2007, 11:52 PM
A 13 game winning streak, 11-0 since the all star break, and some of the best defense the spurs have played in years and the mavs and suns are head and shoulders above the spurs? :lol

Makes no sense at all.

8 of those 13 teams have losing records. Toronto and Detroit are the only teams that are top 4 playoff seeds.

Dallas 52-11
Phoenix 50-14

San Antonio 46-18

I said the Spurs are the next best team. I just think the other two are better. Relax. It's just an opinion.

Vizzini
03-14-2007, 11:58 PM
I do agree that the Suns and Mavs are on another level this year, but out of Phoenix, Dallas and San Antonio, which is the only team that hasn't crapped the bed in the playoffs every season for the past 8 years? I'll still take the Spurs with a gun to my head until one of the others teams can step up and actually win something when it counts.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-15-2007, 12:00 AM

Yeah, I thought last year was great basketball! but now the teams are even more exciting this year. That was an awesome game, and it's weird because we're not so sure who's gonna meet up with each other.

I'd definitely say the last three years have improved in the west, in terms of complete teams striving to win it all with their own styles, ever since the Laker Dynasty imploded.

Trainwreck2100
03-15-2007, 12:35 AM
8 of those 13 teams have losing records. Toronto and Detroit are the only teams that are top 4 playoff seeds.

Dallas 52-11
Phoenix 50-14

San Antonio 46-18

I said the Spurs are the next best team. I just think the other two are better. Relax. It's just an opinion.

Yeah, and Dallas's and Pho's streaks were all against the elite, as long as your team has to put Shawn Marion on Tony Parker i like our chances

Amuseddaysleeper
03-15-2007, 12:36 AM
You guys really know how to overrate the Suns

the mavs and spurs are a notch above the suns

they're a great regular season team ans there's no way in hell they get past BOTH the mavs and spurs

BillsCarnage
03-15-2007, 12:38 AM
A 13 game winning streak..

Come back when you're at 15 ;-)

BillsCarnage
03-15-2007, 12:39 AM
they're a great regular season team ans there's no way in hell they get past BOTH the mavs and spurs

Many people said that about the Mavs last year.

BillsCarnage
03-15-2007, 12:40 AM

Yeah, the WCF's will be the Finals.

Three teams that should all finish w/ 62+ wins. Amazing

Amuseddaysleeper
03-15-2007, 12:41 AM

yeah but the suns aren't the mavs

look, i understand as a suns fan the lack of playoff respect can be annoying but let's be honest here, you guys haven't really shown up in the playoffs.

whether you wanna blame it on injuries or whatnot, the suns have yet to make a finals appearance.

i also think that while the suns have improved over the years, i just don't see them getting past the mavs or spurs in a 7 game series with or without HC.

I'd love to see Nash get a ring but I don't see it happening this season

z0sa
03-15-2007, 01:08 AM
13 in a row is better than both the Mavs and Suns right now. While both teams had longer win streaks earlier (mavs just a couple games ago), the spurs are playing their best at the very end, when it matters. It's all about momentum.

which to me, proves one point: the spurs are right there at the top. No way in hell are they this long drop from suns and mavs like JamStone keeps implying.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-15-2007, 01:52 AM
13 in a row is better than both the Mavs and Suns right now. While both teams had longer win streaks earlier (mavs just a couple games ago), the spurs are playing their best at the very end, when it matters. It's all about momentum.

which to me, proves one point: the spurs are right there at the top. No way in hell are they this long drop from suns and mavs like JamStone keeps implying.

we won 17 straight at one point and were up 2-0 in the playoffs

you know the rest

JamStone
03-15-2007, 02:06 AM

All a matter of opinion. It simply is not as impressive to me, considering for example the Spurs' last five opponents all have below .500 records.

Should people praise the Pistons for being 4-0 on their West Coast road trip when three of those wins were against the Clippers, Sonics, and Blazers? Of course not. Just because the Spurs are playing well and they're beating on bad teams for the most part, it doesn't mean I have to change my opinion that the Mavs and the Suns are the better teams this season.

RonMexico
03-15-2007, 02:19 AM
stretch loses all credibility when he groups the Suns in with the team (Lakers) that the Suns have a 17-game divisional lead on.

Lakers are 33-31, so I really want to know where all those haters are that ripped on me when I said Lamar Odom was the most important part of that team's success. I think the losing record with Odom injured says it for me.

z0sa
03-15-2007, 03:12 AM
we won 17 straight at one point and were up 2-0 in the playoffs

you know the rest

if it wasnt for 0.4, we win that series.

so whats your point?

SilverPlayer
03-15-2007, 03:25 AM
if it wasnt for 0.4, we win that series.

so whats your point?
I believe he is reffering to the 95 season when we lost to the Rockets not the more recent Laker's series.

tempe85
03-15-2007, 04:22 AM
I disagree. I still think its the Mavs and Spurs, then the Suns and Lakers, then everyone else. The Suns still play no defense, and cant rebound for shit. that NEVER works in the playoffs. it works plenty in the regular season, as we saw tonight, but NEVER in the playoffs.

Suns at the same level as the Lakers? Tell me you're joking... does a 17 game division lead mean anything to you?

And why doesn't it work in the playoffs... unless going to two straight WCF's (despite a lot of injuries to key players no less) qualifies as "not working". Tell me again how many times the Mavs.. in their franchise history.. have gone to two consecutive WCF's? I'll save you the time to answer that... because it's 0.

By the way... I think allowing a player to absolutely PWN your asses every time you play him would qualify as not being something that would bode you well in the playoffs. Amare OWNS the Mavs... they cannot beat the Suns with him in a 7 game series period.

Streakyshooter08
03-15-2007, 04:42 AM
Dallas will be tough to beat in the POs. I am not really sure what to expect out of Phx. Houston will be tough as well... Looking forward to great, great games...

ponky
03-15-2007, 07:23 AM

lol, you're right, the rest of the league is a joke compared to these three teams...i mean, there are glimpses of good balling here and there but not as consistent as these three teams' efforts, it IS a shame that we can't trade half of the easter conference for half of our conference

monosylab1k
03-15-2007, 08:07 AM
stretch loses all credibility when he groups the Suns in with the team (Lakers) that the Suns have a 17-game divisional lead on.

He groups them in with the Lakers because a healthy Lakers team will beat the Suns in the playoffs.

stretch
03-15-2007, 08:32 AM

Lakers are 33-31, so I really want to know where all those haters are that ripped on me when I said Lamar Odom was the most important part of that team's success. I think the losing record with Odom injured says it for me.
I actually have always agreed about the whole Odom thing. once they get him and Walton back in the playoffs, the Lakers are going to be dangerous as hell. dont forget that the Suns barely beat them in the playoffs last year. dont ever count out a team with Kobe in the playoffs. ESPECIALLY a team like the Suns that play no defense and cant rebound worth a shit.

spursreport
03-15-2007, 08:52 AM
I doubt the Spurs can get through the Mavs after beating the Suns. If they do, they will be drained by the Finals.

If the Spurs cant handle a tough road to the title, then they arent good enough to do it. Being "drained" just doesnt cut it for me. After the first round it is going to be VERY brutal for any seed. A potiental 2nd round pair of matchups are Mavs/Rockets and Spurs/Suns. If you are good enough to win the title, you can handle the tough road.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-15-2007, 08:58 AM
This is a game people will be talking about for the rest of the year. But perhaps the most important thing about it is that Stoudemire, Terry, and Stack are all on my fantasy team. I don't really like either of the teams, but I'll admit I cheered a little down the stretch when Terry passed the ball to Stackhouse to bury a three.

monosylab1k
03-15-2007, 09:02 AM
This is a game people will be talking about for the rest of the year. But perhaps the most important thing about it is that Stoudemire, Terry, and Stack are all on my fantasy team. I don't really like either of the teams, but I'll admit I cheered a little down the stretch when Terry passed the ball to Stackhouse to bury a three.

Nothing like fantasy sports to mess up your rooting habits. Like last football season, where i hated the Colts but had Reggie Wayne on my team, going up against a friend with Manning on his team. So that Sunday I was rooting for a Colts loss, Manning throw 5 INT's, but still complete 10 passes and 3 TD's to reggie wayne only.

RonMexico
03-15-2007, 09:15 AM
He groups them in with the Lakers because a healthy Lakers team will beat the Suns in the playoffs.

"Will" HAHAHAH

tlongII
03-15-2007, 09:30 AM
The Suns have a chance at catching the Mavs now. They play another game in Phoenix. If Dallas loses focus and slips up in a couple of other games they will be the #2 seed.

RonMexico
03-15-2007, 09:44 AM
The Suns have a chance at catching the Mavs now. They play another game in Phoenix. If Dallas loses focus and slips up in a couple of other games they will be the #2 seed.

Yep - the race for #1 is back on, I think - and it's a big one because I don't want to see the Spurs in the 2nd round right now.

peskypesky
03-15-2007, 09:52 AM
It was definitely an AMAZING and AWESOME game. I am still drained just from watching it. :)

But as fun as it was to watch, and as great as both teams are, I think it's a mistake to count the Spurs out. For the same reasons that a lot of others have pointed out. Defense and rebounding win championships, and the Spurs are better than Phoenix in both categories, and just about equal to Dallas in the other two (when Poopavitch isn't playing SMALL-BALL, that is).

If Pop goes small against Dallas again, I think we lose. Dampier will grab two or three offensive rebounds that'll result in Dallas getting the extra points that win the series. If the Spurs stay big, I think it's a 50-50 proposition.

peskypesky
03-15-2007, 09:53 AM

DITTO

sribb43
03-15-2007, 11:29 AM
I was at the game, and while I'm really saddend by the outcome of the game, that was some excellent bball displayed last night. Both teams coming back from double digit deficet's refusing to lose. Ive never had a bball game take so much out of me emotionally with all the high and lows, with the mavs down then rallying back, phx tieing it up to force OT, then 2 gruling OT periods. no wonder i love this game so much.

ponky
03-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Yep - the race for #1 is back on, I think - and it's a big one because I don't want to see the Spurs in the 2nd round right now.

thank god eight of the next nine teams the mavs face are eastern conference teams with seven of those nine teams under 0.500...the cavs and pistons are obviously the exceptions

stretch
03-15-2007, 12:05 PM
thank god eight of the next nine teams the mavs face are eastern conference teams with seven of those nine teams under 0.500...the cavs and pistons are obviously the exceptions
yea. the mavs need to take advantage of this, and really get their heads straight.

ponky
03-15-2007, 12:12 PM
yea. the mavs need to take advantage of this, and really get their heads straight.

the only thing i don't like about the schedule is the early start for the pistons game but other than that, i'm looking forward to maintaining our position fairly easily in the east while the suns tackle two BTBs (pistons/nuggets, warriors/nuggets) as well as games at minny and two at sacto

RonMexico
03-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Yeah, Suns will really need to gut it out if they want to get the #1 seed - I'm pretty sure midway through the Mavs' east coast swing, we'll have a good idea of how it will play out and they might pull off the gas if it's way out of reach.

ducks
03-15-2007, 02:12 PM
it is nice the race is back on because both coaches will now not rest the players as quickly

LilMissSPURfect
03-15-2007, 02:13 PM
odd year.....gotta go with the spurs!

Purple & Gold
03-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Before you break your arm patting yourself on the back. The record is without Walton. We we're winning when Odom was out and Walton was in. Look it up genius.

monosylab1k
03-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Lakers had the Suns on the ropes last season before choking the series away themselves. They've got alot of guys on that team that have made significant strides since last season. The Suns ought to be very afraid of facing them this time around.

JamStone
03-15-2007, 09:50 PM

Makes no sense at all.

Makes a little more sense after watching them play the Bucks.

Xylus
03-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Lakers had the Suns on the ropes last season before choking the series away themselves. They've got alot of guys on that team that have made significant strides since last season. The Suns ought to be very afraid of facing them this time around.
The Lakers had us on the ropes because they used their size to bully us around. With Amare and Kurt Thomas back (mainly Amare), we'll be bullying them around inside. The Lakers have made strides, but I think the Suns have made even bigger strides.

RonMexico
03-16-2007, 12:20 AM
Before you break your arm patting yourself on the back. The record is without Walton. We we're winning when Odom was out and Walton was in. Look it up genius.

Well, I only go off what ABC and ESPN tell me - I don't really do my own research on the Lakers because I don't care that much... I'm too busy with my witch hunts, instead.

stretch
03-16-2007, 12:23 AM
they are both very valuable to the Lakers. while they may have lost more without Walton, I'd still say that their playoff success is more dependent on having a healthy Odom, than a healthy Walton... although they MUST have both for any success.

RonMexico
03-16-2007, 12:31 AM
they are both very valuable to the Lakers. while they may have lost more without Walton, I'd still say that their playoff success is more dependent on having a healthy Odom, than a healthy Walton... although they MUST have both for any success.

Yeah - I agree - a 12-14 record without Odom... maybe it was just coincidence that Walton went down and they started losing more? But I still think no Odom = no 2nd round of playoffs.

Purple & Gold
03-16-2007, 01:17 AM
Well, I only go off what ABC and ESPN tell me - I don't really do my own research on the Lakers because I don't care that much... I'm too busy with my witch hunts, instead.
Then maybe you shouldn't comment on what you don't know. It's OK for you to keep quiet.

Purple & Gold
03-16-2007, 01:21 AM
Yeah - I agree - a 12-14 record without Odom... maybe it was just coincidence that Walton went down and they started losing more? But I still think no Odom = no 2nd round of playoffs.
Did you come up with that yourself? It's pretty obvious that if there's no Odom the Lakers don't make the 2nd round. Maybe you can write a column for ABC and ESPN.

Purple & Gold
03-16-2007, 01:32 AM
The Lakers had us on the ropes because they used their size to bully us around. With Amare and Kurt Thomas back (mainly Amare), we'll be bullying them around inside. The Lakers have made strides, but I think the Suns have made even bigger strides.
Well first off you won't be bullying anybody around on the inside. Especially not the Lakers. Amare and Kurt are not your prototypical back to the basket, low post threat. While Kwame may not be good offensively, he is a very good defensive player. Bynum is a big body and even though he is young he will still give the Suns problems. They are saying Mihm might be back for the playoffs and Lamar owns Marion.

I will not make a prediction now about the Lakers, because they have been playing horrible and have only now started to get healthy. But to say you are a totally different team now that you have Amare and Kurt back is not really true. Diaw is not nearly the player he was last year (he was excellent) and Tim Thomas (who won the series for you) is gone. You are better now than you were last year, but not as much as you guys think.

Xylus
03-16-2007, 01:45 AM
I think you're overestimating the defensive capabilities of Kwame and underestimating the dominance of Amare. Dallas couldn't stop Amare from getting 41 points on 16-19 FG last night, and the Mavericks have a better frontcourt (defensively) than the Lakers.

If the Suns and Lakers do happen to meet in the playoffs this year, I don't think it'll even go to Game 6. Of course, there are still like 20 games left in the season, and the Lakers might start playing their best ball of the season before the playoffs. Until that happens, visions of Amare dominating Kwame and Bynum prevail.

You're definitely right about Odom giving Marion problems defensively, though. Odom seems to be one of the few players in the league capable of doing so.

Purple & Gold
03-16-2007, 01:56 AM
Actually Kwame is very good defensively. Can he shut down Amare? No way. Can he give him problems and make him work? Yes. As for Dallas having a better defensive frontcourt than the Lakers, I'm not so sure about that. Dampier is a very good defensive center, but I like the combination of Kwame and Bynum better. Not to mention that Lamar is better than Dirk defensively. That was a very impressive performance from Amare the other night. But most of his points were off of pick and rolls. Nothing wrong with that at all, but Kwame is more mobile than Dampier. Now Nash against Smush is a different story. That's a total mismatch for you guys. I have a feeling the Lakers might force Bell to beat them. Barbosa is also another player that we have no answer for. But as I said before it is way too early to predict anything. Especially with all the injuries the Lakers have had. Shit they may not even make the playoffs with the way they have been playing. Way too early to say anything.

RonMexico
03-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Kwame is not good at anything... stop kidding yourself.

RonMexico
03-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Then maybe you shouldn't comment on what you don't know. It's OK for you to keep quiet.

This coming from the guy who rips on the front office of a team that is in 5th place in the West (Rockets), while he's cheering for a pussy (Kwame Brown), accused rapist and known elbow-thrower (Kobe), douchebag (Luke Walton), lazy pothead (Lamar Odom), monkey (Jordan Farmar), streetballing thug (Smush Parker), crybaby foreigner (Sasha), lying foreigner (Vlad), underachiever (Brian Cook), a cocky, smug, self-aggrandizing piece of shit (Phil Jackson) ... I could go on, but I'll spare you the embarassment that is your franchise.

Purple & Gold
03-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Like I said before don't comment on things you don't know.

Purple & Gold
03-16-2007, 11:50 AM
This coming from the guy who rips on the front office of a team that is in 5th place in the West (Rockets), while he's cheering for a pussy (Kwame Brown), accused rapist and known elbow-thrower (Kobe), douchebag (Luke Walton), lazy pothead (Lamar Odom), monkey (Jordan Farmar), streetballing thug (Smush Parker), crybaby foreigner (Sasha), lying foreigner (Vlad), underachiever (Brian Cook), a cocky, smug, self-aggrandizing piece of shit (Phil Jackson) ... I could go on, but I'll spare you the embarassment that is your franchise.
Wow that's pretty good Ron that's ABC/ESPN material right there.

I don't really see how you can say the Lakers are an embarrassment of a franchise, I mean they have all those rings that say otherwise. But that's pretty good, definitely ABC and ESPN material.

td4mvp21
03-16-2007, 01:33 PM
Makes a little more sense after watching them play the Bucks.
Because one game defines a team.

Bob Lanier
03-16-2007, 01:45 PM
He is one of the best, if not the best, post-up defenders in the NBA. He is, however, not a very good pick-and-roll defender, and since Stoudemire is a far more effective scorer when being spoon-fed buckets by Nash than when he has to create for himself, you could be excused for thinking that Brown is an ineffective defender in general because of simple ignorance.

Or you could be a complete homer with a massive chip on your shoulder, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

monosylab1k
03-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Amare and Kurt Thomas are obviously far more talented....but Kwame and Bynum will outmuscle and bully the shit out of them.

If Lakers and Suns meet up in the playoffs, Lakers win the series. Book it.

peskypesky
03-16-2007, 03:37 PM

You don't know what you're talking about. Kwame isn't great. Duh, we all know that. He's not an All-Star or an elite player. His career has been a disappointment. But to say he's not "good at anything" is just bs. He does have some skill...he's decent. Like most centers in the league.

RonMexico
03-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Wow. People defending Kwame Brown... something I thought I'd never see. Haven't you noticed he has terrible hands around the basket on both ends of the floor??? There's a reason we all make fun of his "aw, shucks" hand clap whenever he makes another stupid play. This is a guy so frustrated after a Suns playoff victory that he goes and rapes a girl (allegedly) and is even more frustrated about his own ineptitude that he takes a chocolate birthday cake from a guy and then throws it at him before jumping into a limo to drive away.

Oh, he was also a #1 overall draft pick, in case you forgot...

Purple & Gold
03-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Wow. People defending Kwame Brown... something I thought I'd never see. Haven't you noticed he has terrible hands around the basket on both ends of the floor??? There's a reason we all make fun of his "aw, shucks" hand clap whenever he makes another stupid play. This is a guy so frustrated after a Suns playoff victory that he goes and rapes a girl (allegedly) and is even more frustrated about his own ineptitude that he takes a chocolate birthday cake from a guy and then throws it at him before jumping into a limo to drive away.
Again here is Ron with his great insight into the inner workings of Kwame Brown's mind.

Nobody is saying he has great hands. People just recognize that he is a very good post defender. You shouldn't play defense with your hands anyway. And his rebounding is not horrible, he's actually more than adequate as a rebounder.

Oh, he was also a #1 overall draft pick, in case you forgot...
It sure is a good thing it wasn't the Lakers that drafted him #1.

Purple & Gold
03-16-2007, 07:50 PM
He is one of the best, if not the best, post-up defenders in the NBA. He is, however, not a very good pick-and-roll defender, and since Stoudemire is a far more effective scorer when being spoon-fed buckets by Nash than when he has to create for himself, you could be excused for thinking that Brown is an ineffective defender in general because of simple ignorance.
I agree he is not a great pick and roll defender, he is much better as a post defender. But he's not as bad as many people think. He always has to cover for Smush Parker's horrible defense. If we had a decent defensive PG then he would look much better defending the pick and roll. Kwame is very mobile for his size so I believe he could become a very good pick and roll defender if he had some help from the perimeter on those plays.

Purple & Gold
03-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Amare and Kurt Thomas are obviously far more talented....but Kwame and Bynum will outmuscle and bully the shit out of them.

If Lakers and Suns meet up in the playoffs, Lakers win the series. Book it.
Well I sure hope you're right. It would be the call of the year. But I do agree with you that Kwame and Bynum will outmuscle and bully them. I can guarantee you that if they do meet that it will not be an easy series for the Suns. And I have a feeling that the Lakers will take them. Of course they need to stay healthy and start playing like a team.

JamStone
03-17-2007, 10:00 PM

Makes no sense at all.

How about back-to-back losses to Milwaukee and Boston? Does that make better sense? :lol

RonMexico
03-19-2007, 12:03 PM
And the good ol' Spurs might have the most talented threesome in the league on a team that knows how to lose two in a row to Eastern Conference Lottery teams.

Fixed it up a little bit for you... I thought it was rude to call the Suns and Mavs only good "regular season" teams... wait until the 2007 playoffs have started before we pass too much judgement.

Then again, the Suns have promptly gotten blown out twice in a row, so...

LakeShow
03-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Well I sure hope you're right. It would be the call of the year. But I do agree with you that Kwame and Bynum will outmuscle and bully them. I can guarantee you that if they do meet that it will not be an easy series for the Suns. And I have a feeling that the Lakers will take them. Of course they need to stay healthy and start playing like a team.

and don't forget that Odom OWNES Marion! He is too strong for Shawn.

mikejones99
03-19-2007, 12:22 PM
This will be the best 8 teams in one conference of any sport ever. Nash will not win MVP now.

ponky
03-19-2007, 01:26 PM

damn ron, go work out or something....well, i do agree with you about kwame but that other stuff, dang...especially when you have raja and marion on your team, don't get me started with those two little tenderlings

monosylab1k
03-19-2007, 01:31 PM
especially when you have raja and marion on your team, don't get me started with those two little tenderlings

LOL yeah, especially shawn " :cry my feewings got huwt, i don't feew wike pwaying basketball vewwy hawd wight now :cry " marion.

Medvedenko
03-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Raja is one of the biggest douche bags in the League.....

JamStone
03-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Raja is one of the biggest douche bags in the League.....

But he's not a racist douche bag like Kobe.

monosylab1k
03-19-2007, 02:35 PM
But he's not a racist douche bag like Kobe.

did u mean rapist? or racist? or both?

Medvedenko
03-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Racist douche bag....well for a guy that was raised in Italy...I'm sure he's a raging racist. Still, the rapist comment doesn't bother...keep pulling that weak sauce from the insult well.

JamStone
03-19-2007, 02:57 PM
I was making a joke because three of his recent elbows were on white guys, and last years flagrant was on Mike Miller as well.

I actually like Kobe. I was just joking.

But, in all seriousness, if Raja Bell is a douche bag, then what is Kobe with his flagrant elbows? I like Kobe the player, but he can be a real prick as well.

mardigan
03-19-2007, 03:00 PM
I like Raja Bell, great d and a decent offensive game, but I like Kobe as well, fuck it

Findog
03-19-2007, 03:18 PM

I don't think so. You cannot eliminate yourselves from the playoffs.

RonMexico
03-19-2007, 03:39 PM
LOL yeah, especially shawn " :cry my feewings got huwt, i don't feew wike pwaying basketball vewwy hawd wight now :cry " marion.

Lame, but true... wait until the playoffs where then Adrian Griffin and Mark Cuban can claim he was throwing elbows.

Poll: Bigger bug eyes... Adrian Griffin or Tyler Hansbrough?

monosylab1k
03-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Lame, but true... wait until the playoffs where then Adrian Griffin and Mark Cuban can claim he was throwing elbows.

Poll: Bigger bug eyes... Adrian Griffin or Tyler Hansbrough?

When Hansbrough got up from that cheap shot against Duke, his eyes were insanely bugged out. Reminded me of that one time Tim Duncan got called for that foul.

RonMexico
03-19-2007, 03:46 PM
When Hansbrough got up from that cheap shot against Duke, his eyes were insanely bugged out. Reminded me of that one time Tim Duncan got called for that foul.

Oh, you mean everytime he's called for a foul... about once every millennia or so...

monosylab1k
03-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Oh, you mean everytime he's called for a foul... about once every millennia or so...

Exactly...that's why he looks so shocked when he gets called for one haha

Purple & Gold
03-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Ron are you still making posts in this thread? I thought you would have stopped after your little meltdown about the Lakers. :drunk

RonMexico
03-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Meltdown about the Lakers?

Purple and Gold: "My team is sooooo awesome.... at least when Kobe puts up 35 shots per game!!!"

Purple & Gold
03-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Purple & Gold: "My team is sooooo awesome.... because of all the Championships we have won and how many haters we have. Especially from teams that have never won anything."

Purple & Gold
03-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Ron: "I'm sooooo jealous of the Lakers." :cry :pctoss

RonMexico
03-19-2007, 09:56 PM
No, I just haven't liked the Lakers for many years - for obvious reasons... Lakers and Suns have been the two best teams in the Pacific Division since 1980.

But I'm certainly not jealous of them... especially this year's team... except for maybe the amount of pussy even ugly fucks like Turiaf must get... jeez, being an early 20's NBA player in the female mecca of LA - what a life.

T Park
03-19-2007, 11:17 PM
What evidence is there of Kobe being a racist?