PDA

View Full Version : DNowitski, SNash, life raft?

Clutch20
03-15-2007, 11:55 AM
(Ok, it was laying there, in the backwaters of my mind, just hadda put it here!)

Here's one for you timvp;

There's a life raft afloat in the choppy NBA waters occupied by a Dirk N. and a Steve N. There's exactly 2 containers of water and 2 containers of food left. Steve and Dirk hold fast to their resources and keep a wary eye on each other in that little bitty life raft, and neither gives up a morsel or drop in spite of many days of attempts to steal to gain an advantage to better insure their survival. Finally after all their attempts to steal and safeguard their stuff, they fall asleep, lulled by the warm sun and cool waters.
Then suddenly, they're both awakened by the sound of a loud SPLASH!
The raft shifts to a crazy angle, one side gets dimpled and a long, lithe shape of glistening, water drenched black and silver slides on board, smiles a tooth-filled, predatory smile and says "I'm hungry and thirsty, what'cha got?"

Nash and Dirk in astonishment ask simultaneously "how did you get here?"
The long fella says, "oh, I'm a swimming expert, lifetime, and I know how to swim these awful NBA waters."

Dirk looks at Nash, Nash snatches the food and water while Dirk gets distracted by the toothy smile, but Nash finds that all of Dirk's containers are empty, which prompts Nash to say, "There's only supplies left for one, and you'll have to take them away from me!" Immediately, all three people on that little rubber dinghy commence to wrestle and shove and push making the raft suddenly tip over, upside down.

Moments later, there remains only shreds of clothing and red-colored foam rising and falling with the gentle rolling of the waves. But the graceful black and silver swimmer that navigates the churlish waters of the NBA with ease leaves a huge wake, wide and powerful and suffciently perilous for those that may follow to closely.

Shank
03-15-2007, 12:29 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2004/03/25/inside-simmons.jpg

Bob Lanier
03-15-2007, 12:34 PM
How delightfully quirky.

FromWayDowntown
03-15-2007, 01:02 PM
The parable of the basketball shark?

Clutch20
03-15-2007, 01:59 PM
The parable of the basketball shark?
I didn't intend to have anything but the idea of current state of standings in West Conf. and who's the most active at this point. The little story developed on it's own, I wrote on the fly. But you make a valid interpretation!

SilverPlayer
03-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Duncan's afraid of sharks. But it was cool and hopefully prophetic.

Clutch20
03-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Duncan's afraid of sharks. But it was cool and hopefully prophetic.
FromWayDowntown named Duncan as the shark which makes that ok then, become like the things you are afraid of!
Duncan is really the tip of the spear, everyone else can be a part of that if they sharpen up as much as he will in the coming weeks, you watch.

wildbill2u
03-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Dirk's food and water were gone? I'll bet Manu had been there before Tim and got the steal, then swam away knowing Dirk and Nash would fight over the missing vituals.

v2freak
03-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Hahahaha