PDA

View Full Version : So glad that the Pac 10 got that 6th bid...

K-State Spur
03-15-2007, 02:17 PM
what a great representative Stanford was.

BeerIsGood!
03-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Washington State is showing they deserved that #3 seed as well.

johngateswhiteley
03-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Washington State is showing they deserved that #3 seed as well.

come on now, wazzou is a good team. however, stanford sucked balls...pisses me off.

Willinsa
03-15-2007, 03:07 PM
PAC 10 sucks, bunch of damn liberal hippies.

tlongII
03-15-2007, 03:25 PM
K-State sure looked good in their 2 point blowout of Vermont.

Pugglekicker_21
03-15-2007, 03:39 PM
NIT? Must be.

K-State Spur
03-15-2007, 04:09 PM
K-State sure looked good in their 2 point blowout of Vermont.

It's the damn NIT, almost impossible to get up for if you were expecting an NCAA bid just a few days earlier. Look at the results, it's rarely won by an NCAA bubble team. Usually, it's a team that is just happy to be there that takes it.

Anyways, at least the Cats did win. Stanford laid down, put their ankles behind their head, and crapped all over themselves on national television in what was expected to be a competitive game.

K-State Spur
03-15-2007, 05:23 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

From Bill Simmons:

10:05: Louisville 34, Stanford 12. Great work by Clark Kellogg (he picked Stanford) and the tournament committee (blame them if there's rioting on the Kansas State and Syracuse campuses tonight).

10:17: "They should call an official timeout and substitute Syracuse for Stanford," House jokes.

12:25: Seriously, Butler and Old Dominion might not break 75 points combined. This is excruciating. House just demanded that we switch to the Kansas State-Syracuse game.

SrA Husker
03-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Funny KSU doesn't get up for the NIT, when they proudly hang a banner with their NIT appearances on it from the rafters. I guess that's because there's no other banners to hang up?

K-State Spur
03-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Funny KSU doesn't get up for the NIT, when they proudly hang a banner with their NIT appearances on it from the rafters. I guess that's because there's no other banners to hang up?

Are you kidding me? Yeah, our recent history is trash. But even without a national title in basketball and a decade of being pathetic, KSU still has one of the top 25 programs of all time.

Going into the 1988 regional final, you could make a solid argument that K-State was almost on equal footing with Ku in terms of basketball history (Ku would get the edge with its one national title). Of course, Danny & the Miracles won that game, K-State shifted its resources to the football program, Bill Snyder was hired, Lon Kruger left to Florida, and the rest is history.

4 Final Fours, 11 Elite 8s, 16 Sweet 16s, 17 Conference Titles.

Besides, isn't the pinnacle of Nebraska basketball the Danny Nee era?

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Regardless of your like/dislike of KSU, Stanford blows. They shouldn't have been in.

I am rooting for all the B12 to make deep runs in the tourney just as a giant fuck you to the jackasses at ESPN and on the selection committee who were/are down on their knees for the ACC, B10, and Pac-10.

K-State Spur
03-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Regardless of your like/dislike of KSU, Stanford blows. They shouldn't have been in.

I am rooting for all the B12 to make deep runs in the tourney just as a giant fuck you to the jackasses at ESPN and on the selection committee who were/are down on their knees for the ACC, B10, and Pac-10.

Hell, I would have been fine with Syracuse, Missouri State, or even Drexel in ahead of the Cats (not that I would have agreed with it, but I would have seen some reasoning for it). But Stanford, Illinois, and especially Arkansas were all underachievers in conferences that didn't have 3 top 16 teams.

And keeping out a 4th place Big 12 team (and only taking 4 teams overall) sets a bad precedence for our conference, no matter who you root for.

And I will say that I'm not overly thrilled with Tech in over the Cats either. The committee chairman's statement that the Big 12 tournament game should be discounted was laughable. Then he mentioned how much stronger the south was than the north. Do you think he had any idea that the "dominant" South only went 19-17 against the North this year?

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Do you think he had any idea that the "dominant" South only went 19-17 against the North this year?

So what was the north's record against the south's big three (A&M, tu, Tech)?

:lol It's a good thing the committee gave Duke it's bid based on, well, it's Duke. They got punked tonight by a mid-major. :lol Fuck you, Coach K.

tlongII
03-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Stanford was a West Coast team playing at 9AM in Lexington which is essentially "home" to Louisville. There was NO WAY they were going to win that game. They are not a particularly good Pac-10 team, but they are definitely better than K-State.

K-State Spur
03-15-2007, 11:41 PM
So what was the north's record against the south's big three (A&M, tu, Tech)?

:lol It's a good thing the committee gave Duke it's bid based on, well, it's Duke. They got punked tonight by a mid-major. :lol Fuck you, Coach K.

Pretty rough, but the south had losing records against KU & KSU as well.

K-State Spur
03-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Stanford was a West Coast team playing at 9AM in Lexington which is essentially "home" to Louisville. There was NO WAY they were going to win that game. They are not a particularly good Pac-10 team, but they are definitely better than K-State.

There's not playing well and there's playing to the point where Louisville could have won by 50 if they hadn't called off the dogs.

There is a lot of evidence that supports the idea that it's difficult for west coast teams to play out east.

There is more evidence that Stanford has just plain sucked over the past 5 weeks.