PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal?

ehz33satx
03-15-2007, 03:05 PM
I have not seen too many Mavs fans here the past few days. I scan all the posts and its all Spurs fans from all over, but sadly no Mavs fans. Whats up with Dirk melting down during all the big games of his career?

Kori Ellis
03-15-2007, 03:06 PM
:wtf

The Mavs fans are everywhere, they just aren't being as obnoxious :lol

Sec24Row7
03-15-2007, 03:06 PM
I made myself an avatar for them :p

twincam
03-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Now you know the true baskeball fans from the bandwagon fans.

The bandwagon fans (trolls) are the ones who come to spurstalk and talk smack.
However, once they lose games, they don't dare post. On the other hand, the true Mav fans will post respectively. Those are the true fans. That's why you won't see many of the Mavs fans post.

itzsoweezee
03-15-2007, 03:31 PM
they're in the NBA forum b/c they know they have no ground to stand on. you can sense the self-doubt rising in the mavs-nation. i love it.

how will the mavs advance if the refs aren't bailing dirk the jerk out w/ 20 free throws a game? they won't. the question is, will the refs bail his no-heart, choking ass out again this year?

Don Quixote
03-15-2007, 03:42 PM
I've been waiting for this. They come here, take a dump on our board and disrespect us. And now they've lost 2 games.

It's because they have offended the SPAM.

monosylab1k
03-15-2007, 03:49 PM
they're in the NBA forum b/c they know they have no ground to stand on.

Or maybe it's because we'd rather post there to actually discuss the game, rather than endure the thick layer of smug found in the Spurs forum. Although I do recall the last time the Spurs played the Suns, they couldn't even get it to double-OT because they got their asses blown out of the arena in the 4th.

bigfundamental21
03-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Or maybe it's because we'd rather post there to actually discuss the game, rather than endure the thick layer of smug found in the Spurs forum. Although I do recall the last time the Spurs played the Suns, they couldn't even get it to double-OT because they got their asses blown out of the arena in the 4th.

If you can't stand the heat....

monosylab1k
03-15-2007, 04:08 PM
If you can't stand the heat....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270201021

....give up 31 in the fourth quarter. way to display that feared lockdown, clutch defense.

BeerIsGood!
03-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Another one of these threads...

Cherry
03-15-2007, 04:15 PM
I made myself an avatar for them :p

nice! :devil :toast

miss paxton
03-15-2007, 05:06 PM

True. On the other hand, that game the Spurs played Phoenix, in Phoenix, the night after they played Utah in Salt Lake City, when Phoenix had just had two days off. So it's not necessarily an exact comparison.

Incidentally, good job on the "thick layer of smug"--pretty funny. Also, your avatar makes me feel restless and paranoid, just like I felt watching that movie.

Shank
03-15-2007, 05:30 PM
And an explosive high five goes to monosylab1k for shutting everyone up.

thispego
03-15-2007, 05:34 PM
True. On the other hand, that game the Spurs played Phoenix, in Phoenix, the night after they played Utah in Salt Lake City, when Phoenix had just had two days off. So it's not necessarily an exact comparison.

Incidentally, good job on the "thick layer of smug"--pretty funny. Also, your avatar makes me feel restless and paranoid, just like I felt watching that movie.
agreed. agreed. and agreed.

Clutch20
03-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Conversely, I've noticed a lot of posters I'd never seen before.

Dalhoop
03-15-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm still posting. I just haven't found many topics to post on ... I will continue to keep an eye out though :)

ehz33satx
03-16-2007, 01:19 AM
I see fans from all over the world in here, except from Africa, cause Africa does not have electricity. :rolleyes

TDMVPDPOY
03-16-2007, 01:50 AM
does this apply to trolls with various usernames? :D:D

bulletedge
03-16-2007, 05:14 AM
I'm still here but I really haven't had the heart to post following the loss to the Suns. The Mavs exhibited the same choking and ridiculously poor decision making that they did in the Finals last year.

Once again, Dirk disappeared in the 4th quarter. Howard had the insanely stupid foul on Nash at the three point line. Blah, blah, blah.

Simply put, the Mavs (or any decent NBA team) should be able to win given a seven point lead with a minute to go...and at home, no less.

I really thought that this season the Mavs had improved their mental toughness late in games. After all, they do have 50+ wins- and a lot of those have been due to late game heroics. But I must admit that they looked very much like the Mavs of last year's Finals...and the Suns looked very much like the Heat. And that is depressing for any Mavs fan...if they are being honest.

At the very least, the Suns game should be a huge wakeup call for the Mavs. We'll have to see how they respond in the playoffs.

PS- You have never seen a post from me touting Dirk for MVP. He is no doubt a great player and I am glad that the Mavs have him. But MVP? Nope. Not yet. Not even close.

pimp my sig
03-16-2007, 05:32 AM
You guys bitch when this place in infested with Mavs fans, Saying go to MavTalk this is not a Dallas Maverick forum, now you call them out for not posting? Let's leave the flip flopping to Manu ok?