PDA

View Full Version : Buford or Presti might leave?

pad300
03-16-2007, 10:18 AM
http://www.truehoop.com/leaguewide-issues-76136-general-manager-musical-chairs.html#discussion

Apparently in the Print version of an SI article, it mentions that Presti and Bufford are both rumoured to be in consideration for the Trail Blazer GM job. Anybody have either a) the print version of the mag to confirm this, and b) any other confirmation for this rumour.

JPB
03-16-2007, 10:38 AM
They talk about the sonics not blazzers and it seems really like unsourced speculations for the moment.

But Pop said himself that Presti would certainly, at term, get/deserve a GM spot in NBA.

T Park
03-16-2007, 10:39 AM
go ahead and take Buford.

Move Presti into his spot.

The Truth #6
03-16-2007, 10:46 AM
This would suck.

FromWayDowntown
03-16-2007, 11:03 AM
It's the natural course of things.

And Pop, to his credit, would never stand in the way of any of his guys getting a chance to move up a rung, even if it's in another organization. It's one of the things that makes Pop who he is.

K-State Spur
03-16-2007, 11:05 AM
That's probably more speculation that the Blazers would want Buford than that he would actually leave. And if he did, you would think that Presti would slide in .

But it's hard to imagine that Presti won't take a true GM job someday in the near future.

I would suspect that we will lose one (most likely Presti), but not both.

baseline bum
03-16-2007, 11:19 AM

Why the hell would you rather have Presti than Buford? Wasn't Buford the one in love with Parker when Pop hated the idea of drafting him?

What was Presti's big coup? Hedo Turkoglu and Ron Mercer?

TDMVPDPOY
03-16-2007, 11:28 AM
wasnt presti the clown who stop on howard

T Park
03-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Buford is alot responsible for the problems this team is in, or has right now.

mountainballer
03-16-2007, 11:48 AM
no need to act, as if the Blazers try to aquire Tim or Pop.
I'm not sure about Buford's overall impact, since it is obviously still Pop, who has the last decission.
fact is, that the years when Pop was also GM can be called the golden years considering the FO's moves. the franchise still lives from that days.
Bufords moves have been average at best.
not a single outstanding FA signing (I would call the signing of Horry nice, but not outstanding, like for example the signing of Bruce), not a single outstanding trade and not a single outstanding draft pick. some smart financial moves (also some dumb, like the contract of Malik), but that's it.

and Presti? when did he become director of scouting? (or however his position is named)
2003 ? when did the last really good decission in this department happen? ah yes.

T Park
03-16-2007, 11:48 AM

nope buford

Kori Ellis
03-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Why the hell would you rather have Presti than Buford? Wasn't Buford the one in love with Parker when Pop hated the idea of drafting him?

What was Presti's big coup? Hedo Turkoglu and Ron Mercer?

You have it wrong. Presti is the one that forced Pop and RC to take a look at Parker.

Kori Ellis
03-16-2007, 11:53 AM

No. Reportedly that was Buford.

RC's Boss
03-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Too bad Isiah got extended, we could have nabbed him.

ducks
03-16-2007, 12:56 PM
missing howard is the only big draft pick they missed big time in forever

Louae
03-16-2007, 01:27 PM
didn't we also trade Barbosa after drafting him. Keeping him would've been nice instead of getting cash.

SenorSpur
03-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Too bad Isiah got extended, we could have nabbed him.

Or maybe we can pry Kevin McHale away from the T-Pups. With all his success, he would be a hot commodity. :blah

Mr. Body
03-16-2007, 01:59 PM
I'd take Isiah as director of scouting, so long as he's not allowed into the other offices.

ducks
03-16-2007, 02:02 PM
didn't we also trade Barbosa after drafting him. Keeping him would've been nice instead of getting cash.
that pick was for the suns
spurs never wanted him

SenorSpur
03-16-2007, 02:33 PM
I'd take Isiah as director of scouting, so long as he's not allowed into the other offices.

......or around female employees.

ManuMagic
03-16-2007, 03:01 PM
I'd take Presti over Buford. Or take Pop as GM when he doesn't want to coach anymore, if he still wants to be a GM

objective
03-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Presti also championed Mahinmi and Karaulov (without actually seeing him play or knowing what he even looked like)

objective
03-16-2007, 03:15 PM
also, FWIW,

Presti was on the pre-game show with Schoening the game before last and was asked about Scola.

He basically said that with the progress made last year on Scola's buyout that the buyout was no longer an issue in whether Scola was signed or not. But he made clear that signing Scola or any other draftee with rights held in Europe would depend on the Spurs needs and didn't even imply that the Spurs wanted to sign him.

baseline bum
03-16-2007, 03:46 PM
You have it wrong. Presti is the one that forced Pop and RC to take a look at Parker.

No. Reportedly that was Buford.

Shit... my bad. Give Presti his job then definitely, if that's what it takes.

ALVAREZ6
03-16-2007, 03:59 PM
They haven't done shit recently, go ahead and let em leave.

ducks
03-16-2007, 05:00 PM
who has done better with their late picks
or what other people would have made a trade with what the spurs have now?

picking scola was a waste?
I am for getting better people if that is possible
who is avaible?

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-16-2007, 06:05 PM

Tpark proving his stupidity as usual.

T Park
03-17-2007, 12:24 AM
So is Baseline Bum stupid too? He agrees with me.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-17-2007, 12:44 AM
Howabout keeping them both? Why all the either/or shit all the time? There's a middle ground here Tfart.

AFE7FATMAN
03-17-2007, 01:10 AM
:reading . Sam Does his homework.
:clap

:nope, Please be quite Let them take RC!!!!!

The Spurs' future rests with Presti
:wakeup folks

BIG IRISH
03-17-2007, 01:12 AM
:toast

A Great Post on St. Patty's Day^^^^^

BIG IRISH
03-17-2007, 01:58 AM
also, FWIW,

Presti was on the pre-game show with Schoening the game before last and was asked about Scola.

He basically said that with the progress made last year on Scola's buyout that the buyout was no longer an issue in whether Scola was signed or not. But he made clear that signing Scola or any other draftee with rights held in Europe would depend on the Spurs needs and didn't even imply that the Spurs wanted to sign him.

I'm getting Old, but I though, if anyone in the organization was
against Scola, regardless of the Buyout issue, it was RC?

Tpark proving his stupidity as usual.

Buford is alot responsible for the problems this team is in, or has right now.

Sorry AHF but I agree with T Park and I'm supprised he's got it right

redskinfan
03-17-2007, 12:17 PM
bring back BOB BASS!!