PDA

View Full Version : Mavs throwback uniforms

DarrinS
03-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Does anyone know the Mavs record when they wear this putrid uniform?

http://www.rollingout.com/services/news/images/week1-06-05/Dallas-Mavs.jpg

I noticed they were wearing them against the Suns. A lot of losing happened over the years in that uniform, so I hope they keep wearing them.

Extra Stout
03-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Those aren't throwbacks in any way except for the colors. Diddy, or whatever Sean Combs calls himself these days, designed them.

DarrinS
03-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Those aren't throwbacks in any way except for the colors. Diddy, or whatever Sean Combs calls himself these days, designed them.

I didn't know that.

BTW... he currently goes by "Sean http://www.gameops.com/image/best/puffy.jpg Combs"

mavsfan1000
03-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Yeah I felt like the uniforms made the mavs feel like they were playing on the road. Stick with the white next time please.

LEONARD
03-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Spurs related?

SenorSpur
03-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Has anyone noticed how, at times, the home team will wear their dark color or "special event" uniform at home, thereby forcing the road team to wear white uniforms?

For example in the recent Mavs/Suns game, the Mavs wore those shitty, P-Diddy-designed unis, while the Suns wore their home white.

If someone tuned in and didn't look at the court emblems, they would have thought the Suns were playing a home game.

Anybody know why the NBA allows that?

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Anybody know why the NBA allows that?

Money.

If someone tuned in and didn't look at the court emblems, they would have thought the Suns were playing a home game.

If somebody's dumb enough to rely solely on uniform color to think a team is playing a home game, well....

SenorSpur
03-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Money.

If somebody's dumb enough to rely solely on uniform color to think a team is playing a home game, well....

I know. I wans simply being sympathetic to the novice NBA viewer. :p:

baseline bum
03-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Does anyone know the Mavs record when they wear this putrid uniform?

http://www.rollingout.com/services/news/images/week1-06-05/Dallas-Mavs.jpg

I noticed they were wearing them against the Suns. A lot of losing happened over the years in that uniform, so I hope they keep wearing them.

Didn't they wear those in game 7?

EDIT: My bad... it was game 2, when they killed the Spurs

DarrinS
03-16-2007, 02:53 PM
Are the lakers the only team that doesn't have a white home uniform?

duncan228
03-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Are the lakers the only team that doesn't have a white home uniform?

The Lakers do have white. They only wear them now and then.
Edit:
You can search for pictures, I think they may only wear the white for some Sunday home games. Like the Spurs with their "Silver Saturday" this year.

ManuMagic
03-16-2007, 02:58 PM
I think those uniforms look nice.

Holmes_Fans
03-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Alot of people do, but some spurs fans have to hate everything to do with Dallas.

Borosai
03-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Those unis look like shit. Diddy should stick to sampling.

ALVAREZ6
03-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Those aren't throwbacks at all.

They're probably my favorite unis in the league though...hard to admit, but oh well, it's my opinion.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-16-2007, 03:25 PM
I asked a Mavs fan friend of mine and now he's pulling numbers to see if there's a coincidence.

ALVAREZ6
03-16-2007, 03:27 PM
The Mavs seem to win everytime they wear those damned things...The Spurs should cop them.

Just change "Mavs" to "Spurs"

itzsoweezee
03-16-2007, 03:30 PM

yeah, except for the color

ManuMagic
03-16-2007, 03:32 PM
yeah, except for the color

Nah, the color's fine. If your colors are green and blue the uni should be green and blue. Whats teh big deal?

Spurminator
03-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Well, it's the one thing that Puff Daddy has made that's worth a crap, I'll give him that.

Mixability
03-16-2007, 04:00 PM
didn't diddy make those ugly gunmetal ones too?

itzsoweezee
03-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Nah, the color's fine. If your colors are green and blue the uni should be green and blue. Whats teh big deal?

it's just that they picked a really ugly shade of green.

Mr. Body
03-16-2007, 04:20 PM
More like Mavs throwup uniforms.

ALVAREZ6
03-16-2007, 04:21 PM
The Spurs should rock the silver throwbacks more often.

ManuMagic
03-16-2007, 04:23 PM
More like Mavs throwup uniforms.

That one in your avatar isn't so great either

Mr. Body
03-16-2007, 04:24 PM
That one in your avatar isn't so great either

You ever have vomit look like that? What, you eating newspapers?

ManuMagic
03-16-2007, 04:26 PM
You ever have vomit look like that? What, you eating newspapers?

I didn't say they look like vomit, just that they aren't that great. You need some reading comprehension courses?

Clutch20
03-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Spurs upcoming "retro" games scheduled for Mar. 17 -vs- Celts
Apr. 7 vs Golden State
if you're one of six fans that have a winning ticket you could win a retro jersey
if you want to keep

Mr. Body
03-16-2007, 05:08 PM
I didn't say they look like vomit, just that they aren't that great. You need some reading comprehension courses?

You want a humor primer?

Kori Ellis
03-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Anyway, ignoring the weird posts in this thread, I wish NBA teams would get alternates that are real throwback style. I hate most of the "alternates" they use now - including the Spurs silver one.

Shelly
03-16-2007, 05:19 PM
The Silver ones are horrible! They look like they're wearing satin sheets.

Extra Stout
03-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Anyway, ignoring the weird posts in this thread, I wish NBA teams would get alternates that are real throwback style. I hate most of the "alternates" they use now - including the Spurs silver one.
Accuracy in throwbacks is very expensive, because the old templates and fabrics are long gone.

And if they were accurate, it would be tough to produce a $50 replica for Johnny Fan.

Kori Ellis
03-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Accuracy in throwbacks is very expensive, because the old templates and fabrics are long gone.

And if they were accurate, it would be tough to produce a $50 replica for Johnny Fan.

True but they have to come up with something better than shiny, tacky silver ones that don't even stay tucked into their shorts.

Extra Stout
03-16-2007, 05:31 PM
True but they have to come up with something better than shiny, tacky silver ones that don't even stay tucked into their shorts.
At least they aren't pink.

baseline bum
03-16-2007, 05:40 PM

I like a lot of the alternates. Dallas' alternate is the best jersey in the league IMO. Cleveland's blue alternate is good, and the Warriors cable-car throwbacks are awesome. I liked the orange ones the Wizards used 3-4 years back too.

... and no way in hell do I want to see the butt-hugger shorts back.

SRJ
03-16-2007, 06:36 PM
I like the "modified throwbacks" teams have. They incorporate retro elements into a design that isn't hideous, a quality many of the accurate throwbacks teams used to wear.

I wish the Spurs silver didn't feature the offset number - I would have bought one if the numbers were conventional.

I thought for sure that when Cleveland went to their current uniform design and color scheme, their alternate jersey would be gold since LeBron wore gold uni's in high school.

ALVAREZ6
03-16-2007, 06:41 PM
I like a lot of the alternates. Dallas' alternate is the best jersey in the league IMO. Cleveland's blue alternate is good, and the Warriors cable-car throwbacks are awesome. I liked the orange ones the Wizards used 3-4 years back too.

... and no way in hell do I want to see the butt-hugger shorts back.Yeah I think a lot of alternates are good.

Dallas, Cleveland, Warriors cable car and the orange current ones, Chicago black, Sixers new red alternate, Orlando black pin-striped, Toronto red, Phoenix orange, Denver's darker blue with the cursive "Nuggets"

there's a lot of good alternates out there.

ducks
03-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Dallas has given up 100-plus points 16 times this season and has an 8-8 record in those games. Against the Mavericks, Phoenix scored 112 points on November 16, 99 on

pking
03-16-2007, 06:59 PM
I like the PDiddy greens -- I'm just not a huge fan of the font that 'Mavs' is in. Otherwise, I think they look nice.

Mavs have throwbacks but I'm pretty sure they haven't worn them this season. In fact, I think they only wore them once all last season. They all wore headbands that night -- even Dirk. Quite funny looking with all the hair.

monosylab1k
03-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah I think a lot of alternates are good.

Dallas, Cleveland, Warriors cable car and the orange current ones, Chicago black, Sixers new red alternate, Orlando black pin-striped, Toronto red, Phoenix orange, Denver's darker blue with the cursive "Nuggets"

there's a lot of good alternates out there.

Yeah, the Phoenix orange with the PHX on the front is a sweet look.

I wish Dallas' alternate was the same basic design as their regular jerseys, just with the old school green instead.

Kori Ellis
03-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Yeah, the Phoenix orange with the PHX on the front is a sweet look.

I wish Dallas' alternate was the same basic design as their regular jerseys, just with the old school green instead.

That's my favorite jersey in the league.

itzsoweezee
03-16-2007, 10:10 PM
the best throwbacks, hands down: http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_82000/FF_82085_xl.jpg

ponky
03-16-2007, 11:55 PM
i like these pdiddy jerseys, but i also have a stitched black german jersey with yellow lettering that looks awesome with the little red/yellow eagle badge (nowitzki, of course)...my other favorites are the orange bullets and the celtics black on green matte finish jerseys

ALVAREZ6
03-17-2007, 12:03 AM
http://image.bizrate.com/resize?sq=160&uid=467750919&mid=23these are nice

SRJ
03-17-2007, 12:22 AM
I don't like the Nuggets alternates, homes, or aways. They all suck. The previous color scheme (1994-2003?) was better.

KEDA
03-17-2007, 07:23 AM
this dosent look too challenging

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nba/sanantonio/GervinNBASA.jpg

neither does this

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nba/sanantonio/RobertsonSA.jpg

these should replace the silver saturday ones, those suck.

SRJ
03-17-2007, 07:34 AM
this dosent look too challenging

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nba/sanantonio/GervinNBASA.jpg

neither does this

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nba/sanantonio/RobertsonSA.jpg

these should replace the silver saturday ones, those suck.

Well, the whites Gervin is wearing aren't especially different from the current whites - I'll bet many casual fans couldn't tell the difference, especially if the fit of the uniform was contemporary.

I don't like the old black uniforms. That old "San Antonio" font looks like iron-on letters look you could buy at Woolco. I would like to see San Antonio on the front of the road jerseys, but not like that.

Borosai
03-17-2007, 08:47 AM
When teams wear retro jerseys, they should also wear those short shorts. I would pay to see that.

ponky
03-17-2007, 08:52 AM
When teams wear retro jerseys, they should also wear those short shorts. I would pay to see that.

lol, me too! there was a play tonight where i was floored because i thought rasheed was wearing tighter, shorter shorts but apparently they just got hiked up as he was backing in to make a basket

Extra Stout
03-17-2007, 10:03 AM
I don't like the old black uniforms. That old "San Antonio" font looks like iron-on letters look you could buy at Woolco. I would like to see San Antonio on the front of the road jerseys, but not like that.
The jerseys with the white "SAN ANTONIO" not only look cheap, but also coincide with the worst period in team history.

The ones to go for are the black-on-blacks from the '70s.

tiga
03-17-2007, 10:58 AM
I had this huge discussion about the uniforms with a friend.

He's a Denver fan and says that the spurs uni's are lame... boring... old... and although I like a simple, not too flashy, jersey I had to admit: they didn't change that much over the last couple of years.

Is that even possible? The logo is simple, the colours have allways been black & white... or can they go back to pink / ugly green that was used in the Alamodome? Or... when the spurs had a red "Dallas" jersey? :lol

What other colour could SA use? I hate those silver uniforms btw and I like the green Mavs jersey.

SRJ
03-17-2007, 11:37 AM
I had this huge discussion about the uniforms with a friend.

He's a Denver fan and says that the spurs uni's are lame... boring... old... and although I like a simple, not too flashy, jersey I had to admit: they didn't change that much over the last couple of years.

Is that even possible? The logo is simple, the colours have allways been black & white... or can they go back to pink / ugly green that was used in the Alamodome? Or... when the spurs had a red "Dallas" jersey? :lol

What other colour could SA use? I hate those silver uniforms btw and I like the green Mavs jersey.

On another Spurs forum, someone made a thread about Boston's St. Patrick's Day uniforms. As a joke, I turned the Spurs' home whites into "Cinco de Mayo" alternates - the trim was red and green, the same red and green found on the Mexican flag. Also, above the name was a small circular patch featuring the exact same eagle found on the Mexican flag.

It started out a joke, but they actually looked good. If by chance I find the picture, I'll pass it along.

SRJ
03-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Found it!

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2994/spursmex6ks.th.jpg

Extra Stout
03-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Found it!

No, that doesn't look good. Sorry. It looks like a piņata threw up on Tim Duncan.

itzsoweezee
03-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Found it!

i like it, minus the flag

SRJ
03-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Yeah, the flag was the jokiest part of it.

sribb43
03-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Didn't they wear those in game 7?

EDIT: My bad... it was game 2, when they killed the Spurs

Mavs never wore those in the playoffs it was always the away navy jerseys. I think the lg has a rule that prevents teams from wearing alternate jerseys in the playoffs, for example suns never wore the orange uni's

SRJ
03-17-2007, 02:09 PM
Mavs never wore those in the playoffs it was always the away navy jerseys. I think the lg has a rule that prevents teams from wearing alternate jerseys in the playoffs, for example suns never wore the orange uni's

I don't think it's a rule against the alternates, I think it's a rule against switching - a "one or the other" type of rule. Cleveland wore the blues all playoffs long last year.

mikeanthony21
03-17-2007, 02:11 PM

Well what shade was it that the Spurs wore in the 70s? Light grey? :sombrero:

ginobili fan
03-17-2007, 02:33 PM

Now I understand why those are so ugly like puffi dildo

SRJ
03-17-2007, 02:53 PM
The AUTHENTIC retro Mavericks jersey:

http://www.nba.com/media/history/dal_uni_02.jpg

sribb43
03-17-2007, 03:27 PM
I don't think it's a rule against the alternates, I think it's a rule against switching - a "one or the other" type of rule. Cleveland wore the blues all playoffs long last year.
True I think thats the rule

baseline bum
03-17-2007, 06:10 PM

Didn't LA wear white on game 4 of the Phoenix series last year (a Sunday game)? I know they wore yellow in their others.

SRJ
03-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Then maybe there's no rule. I'm so confused.

DallasFan
03-17-2007, 11:28 PM
This reminds me when the Cowboys wear their throwbacks...they always lose (at least most of the time).

nsrammstein
03-18-2007, 12:36 AM
A lot of teams have tried to copy the Mavs Navy Blue uni's, Mavs probably do have the best road uni's (Navy blue ones)