PDA

View Full Version : Celts@Mavs Game thread!!!

Dirk Nowitzki
03-16-2007, 05:13 PM
It's that time again Mav fans to get the taste of winning back in our mouths again!. Tonight the Celts will get waxed by our boys in dominant fashion. Celt players should conceed and watch march maddness games because this game is already over. Rowdy! Proud and Loud!! A new winning streak begins tonight!! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! :clap :clap :clap

loveThe23
03-16-2007, 05:19 PM
if they lose it's probably cause you jinxed them... cause you never know what can happen... :toast good luck Mavs.

DNS Error
03-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Rootin for the Mavs in this one. Need Boston to lose to assure number one pick. Hmmm I guess that means I should want the Celts to win.

Burn531
03-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Oh my god a Mavs game thread!!!!!!! This should be placed in the classic thread section at the end of the night.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Oh my god a Mavs game thread!!!!!!! This should be placed in the classic thread section at the end of the night.

See you Sunday! :)

ponky
03-16-2007, 06:12 PM
i'm so ready, back at home after traveling, no longer have to watch the games on my laptop...when i got home i gave my 42" endowed bf, i mean tv, a big hug...let's go mavs, get back on track and get it done. i hope devin plays.

LEONARD
03-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Mavs by 27 pts...

Rootin for the Mavs in this one. Need Boston to lose to assure number one pick. Hmmm I guess that means I should want the Celts to win.

WTF?? :dizzy :drunk :hat :smokin

schadenfreude52
03-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Mavs will win. duh.

DNS Error
03-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Mavs by 27 pts...

WTF?? :dizzy :drunk :hat :smokin

I think my words came out wrong. For Memphis to have a good chance at the number one pick, Boston should win, since losing teams that challenge for the pick drop out of the lottery once they begin to win. So if the Celtics win, they will lose in the draft.

monosylab1k
03-16-2007, 06:55 PM
I think my words came out wrong. For Memphis to have a good chance at the number one pick, Boston should win, since losing teams that challenge for the pick drop out of the lottery once they begin to win. So if the Celtics win, they will lose in the draft.

I think in this draft, the #2 pick is almost better than the #1. Because 1-2 are Durant-Oden.....so whoever has the first pick has the pressure of having to choose one or the other....while the second pick just takes the other guy.

Being the #2 pick in this draft basically is a guarantee of a future superstar without all the fuss of having to choose one or the other.

ducks
03-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Dallas has given up 100-plus points 16 times this season and has an 8-8 record in those games. Against the Mavericks, Phoenix scored 112 points on November 16, 99 on

ponky
03-16-2007, 07:59 PM
JHO on a 9-0 run!!! i knew he's have a big game, always makes up for his mistakes

SpursDynasty
03-16-2007, 08:05 PM
I expect Celtics to take this one.

ponky
03-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Jj!!!

ponky
03-16-2007, 08:07 PM
I expect Celtics to take this one.

i expect you'll make more than one dumbass comment before the end of the night

SpursDynasty
03-16-2007, 08:11 PM
i expect you'll make more than one dumbass comment before the end of the night

Again, reason people don't like me - I don't worship the Mavericks. Get over it. Mavs are 1-2 this week with their only win being against the Lakers. And if Josh Howard is the leading scorer tonight, then they're really in bad shape.

DNS Error
03-16-2007, 08:34 PM
I think in this draft, the #2 pick is almost better than the #1. Because 1-2 are Durant-Oden.....so whoever has the first pick has the pressure of having to choose one or the other....while the second pick just takes the other guy.

Being the #2 pick in this draft basically is a guarantee of a future superstar without all the fuss of having to choose one or the other.

Never thougth about it like that. But you're right. We could use either one.

Extra Stout
03-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Is the law of averages catching up with the Mavs?

boutons_
03-16-2007, 08:35 PM
2nd qtr Celts, 25 - 13 ! WTF

boutons_
03-16-2007, 08:36 PM
The Mavs lost 5 straight last March.

ThomasGranger
03-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Looks like the Mavs didn't bring their A-game tonight. I don't expect the Celts to pull this one out, but beware the luck o' the Irish!

SpursDynasty
03-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Utah lost tonight. Good night so far.

Amarelooms
03-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Mavs are in deep trouble...this team is slumping...very sad indeed

spurastic
03-16-2007, 08:40 PM
I realllllllly dislike the Mavs commentators! They suckkkkkkkk but I don't like most of the commentators.

Leetonidas
03-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Boston up 10 at the half? WTF?

efrem1
03-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Maybe it's a conspiracy. Dallas rolls over so the Celtics can rest their players to face the team tomorrow. Sinister plan indeed!!

spurman101
03-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Anybody see that UT game. Kevin Durant 27 points BEAST!!!!

PerforatedNeckline
03-16-2007, 08:51 PM
my lord, dirk is 1-6!

ducks
03-16-2007, 09:30 PM
dirk has lost his confidence

SpursDynasty
03-16-2007, 09:37 PM
If Dallas wins tonight, there should not be any celebrating. It's the Celtics. My dog could beat the Celtics.

Extra Stout
03-16-2007, 09:37 PM
Mavs are back in front now.

spurastic
03-16-2007, 09:39 PM
We saw Allen Ray play with the Toros of Austin not long ago. Celtics had to pull from the Dleague to make a roster. They're doing great considering.

SpursDynasty
03-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Dallas is on the decline. They lost to GS, PHX, and are barely getting by Boston tonight. Spurs - 2007 NBA Champions. Mavericks - 2007 Regular season best record and Southwest Division champions. Phoenix - Division champions.

3rd loss in 4 games coming up Sunday when Detroit defeats Dallas.

ponky
03-16-2007, 09:46 PM
Anybody see that UT game. Kevin Durant 27 points BEAST!!!!

durant was awesome in that game.

ponky
03-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Dallas is on the decline. They lost to GS, PHX, and are barely getting by Boston tonight. Spurs - 2007 NBA Champions. Mavericks - 2007 Regular season best record and Southwest Division champions. Phoenix - Division champions.

just worry about your team getting swept by eastern conference teams like the bucks and cavs, we'll take of ours

Flopper
Dallas losing so far...will it be 3 in a row?

ponky
dirk has lost his confidence

you should know that IF dirk is not having a good night early in the game, he'll be here in the fourth...like tonight, 15 points in the fourth, double-double

Amuseddaysleeper
03-16-2007, 09:48 PM
dirk got bailed on that last one

ponky
03-16-2007, 09:49 PM
dirk got bailed on that last one

:lol :lol :lol oh.....well :lol :lol :lol...it was payback for that paul pierce *bear hug* defense :lol :lol :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
03-16-2007, 09:50 PM
:lol :lol :lol oh.....well :lol :lol :lol

haha yeah duncan gets favorable calls quite often so if i'm a mavs i'd certainly take it!

i'm impressed with boston's athleticism

ThomasGranger
03-16-2007, 09:51 PM
I think rumors of the Mavs' death have been greatly exaggerated. But I am sort of surprised they're still letting the Celtics hang around this late.

ponky
03-16-2007, 09:51 PM
haha yeah duncan gets favorable calls quite often so if i'm a mavs i'd certainly take it!

i'm impressed with boston's athleticism

boston's got the energy and youth on their side and pierce was on fire in the first half but green, jefferson have done very well

I CAN'T WATCH!!!! haha

Amuseddaysleeper
03-16-2007, 09:52 PM
boston's got the energy and youth on their side and pierce was on fire in the first half but green, jefferson have done very well

I CAN'T WATCH!!!! haha

i'll take dirk in crunch time over pierce

you guys got this

but do you think you could take this to OT so boston will be worn out when they face my aging spurs tommorow? :spin

ducks
is allas choking again?

ponky
I think rumors of the Mavs' death have been greatly exaggerated. But I am sort of surprised they're still letting the Celtics hang around this late.

mavs should be playing a tighter game, at least dirk showed up in the fourth. the mavs defense has got some more chinks in it with devean and buckner out, who are much better on D than dirk and terry, IMO

Amuseddaysleeper
03-16-2007, 09:53 PM
this is what I like about the mavs that the spurs should've done against the bucks

when outside shots don't go, TAKE IT INSIDE

i rarely see the mavs live and die by the 3 the way the spurs do

ponky
03-16-2007, 09:54 PM
i'll take dirk in crunch time over pierce

you guys got this

but do you think you could take this to OT so boston will be worn out when they face my aging spurs tommorow? :spin

but wouldn't that piss them off even more to come out firing tomorrow...come on, it's already a BTB, that should be enough to win it. i'm so sick of this game, it's made me a bit more on edge than it should be

DIRK!!!!!! CLUTCH!!!!!!

Amuseddaysleeper
03-16-2007, 09:55 PM
but wouldn't that piss them off even more to come out firing tomorrow...come on, it's already a BTB, that should be enough to win it. i'm so sick of this game, it's made me a bit more on edge than it should be

DIRK!!!!!! CLUTCH!!!!!!

yeah i think SA is (hopefully) pissed at playing so poorly against the bucks that we shoul take care of boston regardless (the celts have never beaten the spurs in the Duncan era)

nice shot dirk

game. set. match

ponky
03-16-2007, 09:56 PM
this is what I like about the mavs that the spurs should've done against the bucks

when outside shots don't go, TAKE IT INSIDE

i rarely see the mavs live and die by the 3 the way the spurs do

i'm actually surprised they nutted up and did take it inside...too often, they'll just settle for throwing up the jumpers like they're oblivious to any changes that need to be made. i'm not looking forward to playing the bucks either, did you see their stats? they are 1-12 against their division but with last night's game they're something like 13-12 against the west.

ThomasGranger
03-16-2007, 09:56 PM
That'll do it. Still, the Celtics didn't turn out to be the whipping boys some people were predicting them to be after the Mavs/Suns game. If they get the #1 or #2 pick in the lottery, they should be a hell of a team in 2-3 years.

SpursDynasty
03-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Dallas' biggest win of the week was against Boston. ::clap clap clap:: Detroit awaits on Sunday.

ponky
03-16-2007, 09:57 PM
yeah i think SA is (hopefully) pissed at playing so poorly against the bucks that we shoul take care of boston regardless (the celts have never beaten the spurs in the Duncan era)

nice shot dirk

game. set. match

wow, that's pretty impressive, the celts have not always sucked like this in the regular season

ponky
03-16-2007, 09:58 PM
make at least one jet

Amuseddaysleeper
03-16-2007, 09:58 PM
i'm actually surprised they nutted up and did take it inside...too often, they'll just settle for throwing up the jumpers like they're oblivious to any changes that need to be made. i'm not looking forward to playing the bucks either, did you see their stats? they are 1-12 against their division but with last night's game they're something like 13-12 against the west.

:madrun

damn

the problem is redd is deadly and patterson and bogut can play physical

but you guys should be fine

the detroit game i'm really looking forward to

I'm rooting for the pistons to beat the suns tonight

pistons up 41-35 with 4 minutes left in the 2nd qtr

ponky
03-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Dallas' biggest win of the week was against Boston. ::clap clap clap:: Detroit awaits on Sunday.

a win is a win is a win, you should know better seeing as how it would be nice if the spurs could overtake the suns

ponky
03-16-2007, 10:00 PM
:madrun

damn

the problem is redd is deadly and patterson and bogut can play physical

but you guys should be fine

the detroit game i'm really looking forward to

I'm rooting for the pistons to beat the suns tonight

pistons up 41-35 with 4 minutes left in the 2nd qtr

dang it, i knew i shouldn't have logged on, i have that pistons/suns game on tivo and haven't watched it! haha, it's cool, at least the pistons are up. my bro is a pistons fan so i'll root for them tonight (of course!)

ponky
03-16-2007, 10:03 PM
wtf? no chauncey, fuck the suns always luck out with major stars being out

Amuseddaysleeper
03-16-2007, 10:04 PM
oh my bad, if i had known you were saving the game for later i wouldn't have said anything

Amuseddaysleeper
03-16-2007, 10:05 PM
wtf? no chauncey, fuck the suns always luck out with major stars being out

he's not on the floor but i believe he started the game

ponky
03-16-2007, 10:06 PM
oh my bad, if i had known you were saving the game for later i wouldn't have said anything

i usually try to watch them after the main game (mavs game!)...i have a setup in the back room, three monitors so i can zoom through the other games of the night

ponky
03-16-2007, 10:07 PM
he's not on the floor but i believe he started the game

yeah he played a bit earlier but i think he's out for the rest of the night...they said his groin pull (strain?) may keep him out the rest of the game

Amuseddaysleeper
03-16-2007, 10:12 PM
i usually try to watch them after the main game (mavs game!)...i have a setup in the back room, three monitors so i can zoom through the other games of the night

daaaaamn

Catch Ponky live on NBA STATION :lol

that's awesome

ponky
03-16-2007, 10:23 PM
daaaaamn

Catch Ponky live on NBA STATION :lol

that's awesome

i'm truly an nba nut and i like watching all the other teams play too, not just the mavs...plus, i work from the home so that doesn't help pry me away from the tv...but actually, nba is all i watch in addition to 24, law and order and prison break so it's not that bad (i think)

SpursDynasty
03-16-2007, 11:27 PM
i dont mean this in a bad way or anything, and im not trying to be an ass, so please dont take it that way,,,, but are you mentally retarded, or have a social dissorder of some sort?,,,,,,,,,,because some of your statements are pretty strange,,,,,,,,,,like suggesting that we not be pleased with a win over a sub-par team,,,,,,,,,???????????

would you feel better if i said im sorry my team won tonight?

:elephant

LEONARD
03-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Celtics playing out of their mind and the Mavs not playing that great still = a Mavs win...

Dirk was money in the late 3rd and 4th...26 pts / 9 reb over the last 18 min's or so...

is allas choking again?

:lol

"allas"...haven't heard that in a while...

Far from choking...Dirk was money...

i dont mean this in a bad way or anything, and im not trying to be an ass, so please dont take it that way,,,, but are you mentally retarded, or have a social dissorder of some sort?,,,,,,,,,,because some of your statements are pretty strange,,,,,,,,,,like suggesting that we not be pleased with a win over a sub-par team,,,,,,,,,???????????

would you feel better if i said im sorry my team won tonight?

SpursDynasty is hated by even Spurs fans here :lol

ponky
03-17-2007, 09:34 PM
If Dallas wins tonight, there should not be any celebrating. It's the Celtics. My dog could beat the Celtics.

:lol :lol :lol

dieman8686
03-17-2007, 09:48 PM
If Dallas wins tonight, there should not be any celebrating. It's the Celtics. My dog could beat the Celtics

Talk about irony :elephant .

lurker
03-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Maybe you should introduce your dog to Pop.