PDA

View Full Version : Think TP will leave SA in 2011?

smrattler
03-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Just a thought. Someone forwarded this to me. I don't even think that far ahead myself. But it says people in SA have been fretting about this, anyone agree about that? It never crossed my mind.

In the way that hockey fans in Edmonton still blame Janet Jones's acting ambitions for the trade that sent Wayne Gretzky to Hollywood, San Antonians fear that Longoria will whisk Parker out of town. In fact, Longoria loves the paparazzi-free serenity of San Antonio, and almost all of her family has moved to the area in recent years.

It is Parker who frets about the future. Both he and Longoria are committed to their current employers through 2011, he on a six-year, $66 million extension signed in '04, she on a seven-year contract from '04 that currently pays her in the low six figures per episode. "We need to live full time in the same city," says Parker, "so naturally my decision [about where to sign when his contract expires] is going to be affected by Eva and her career."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/03/13/tony.parker0319/3.html

Kori Ellis
03-16-2007, 05:55 PM
This is already in another thread. But I guess it depends on if Eva is still a popular actress and wants to remain in LA fulltime, and if the Spurs bring in good players and Tony feels like San Antonio is a good opportunity to keep winning. The Lakers/Clippers/Spurs could be awesome by then, or be horrible. Who knows.

Also, they are building a huge house here, so they might have a family and be settled here by then.

smrattler
03-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Sorry, just noticed the other thread... had to go back like 5 pages! :-)

Kobulingam
03-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Who cares? By 2011 Parker will be well past his peak since he's already having trouble controlling his nagging injuries (tendonitis in knees). Unless he becomes as smart as Steve Nash (basketball IQ), he won't be anywhere near as effective a basketball player when he gets older.

Plus, TD and Manu will have broken down totally by 2011, so why the hell do we care about Parker? We should be in rebuilding mode in 2011.

Kori Ellis
03-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Sorry, just noticed the other thread... had to go back like 5 pages! :-)

That's okay:)

ducks
03-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Who cares? By 2011 Parker will be well past his peak since he's already having trouble controlling his nagging injuries (tendonitis in knees). Unless he becomes as smart as Steve Nash (basketball IQ), he won't be anywhere near as effective a basketball player when he gets older.

Plus, TD and Manu will have broken down totally by 2011, so why the hell do we care about Parker? We should be in rebuilding mode in 2011.

parker will not be past his peak in 2011 :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

ducks
03-16-2007, 07:05 PM
spurs may not have pop or duncan in 2011

TDMVPDPOY
03-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Tp = Jkidd Route = Douchebags

Big P
03-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Seriously? Your talking 4 years from now. So many things can happen between now & then that it is ridiculous to even ask this question. Sorry, I know you are new & all, but this is a pretty stupid topic.

RobinsontoDuncan
03-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Tp = Jkidd Route = Douchebags

i really dont get the tendency of so many spurs fans to rag on parker whenever the opportunity presents itself....apparently we have some pretty unintelligent fans because parker happens to be a top 5 pg in this league

Kori Ellis
03-16-2007, 08:11 PM
i really dont get the tendency of so many spurs fans to rag on parker whenever the opportunity presents itself....apparently we have some pretty unintelligent fans because parker happens to be a top 5 pg in this league

Well TDMVPDPOY is one of the bigger idiots. I have to delete about 1/3 of his posts because he's so obnoxious and bad.

Extra Stout
03-16-2007, 08:57 PM
The only way Tony stays with the Spurs after 2011 is if they magically come up with another superstar big man to replace Duncan.

ducks
03-16-2007, 09:08 PM
tp may like the idea of being the francise player instead of duncan
he walks he walks away from millions also

ducks
03-16-2007, 09:35 PM
I see I am not the only one that noticed that

Extra Stout
03-16-2007, 09:40 PM
1) Parker deflects attention away from Ginobili. If Parker weren't around, many of those people would rag on Duncan instead.

2) He got Eva, and a lot of men in SA want to bang Eva.

3) Girls like Parker.

4) He is French.

5) San Antonio is not reknowned for being a hotbed of intelligence.

Peter
03-16-2007, 09:43 PM
1A) Spurs fans love a scapegoat.

raspsa
03-17-2007, 12:14 AM
The only way Tony stays with the Spurs after 2011 is if they magically come up with another superstar big man to replace Duncan.

Agree. TP isn't a franchise player. Neither is Manu.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-17-2007, 02:37 AM
If I'm parker, I reluctantly leave San Antonio due to the general management. I'd be sick of my talent getting wasted by the man never stepping up and paying people to play with me. It would be a wise, but difficult, career move.

milkyway21
03-17-2007, 02:44 AM
if it's true his teammates now tease calling him "Hollywood" maybe they have the feeling that Parker has ambitions to live somewhere close to city like LA or NY or likes to see some other option in the future.

BTW, anybody here saw that new Tony Parker MTV with Eva? the one where Eva sat on his lap? :D

Daily 10 reports it's now #2 in some France music charts.

anybody here know the title of that?

hmmnn.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-17-2007, 02:47 AM
then again chances are they will be divorced by 2011

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-17-2007, 02:54 AM
I'm pretty sure TP is gonna miss playing beside Manu and Timmy, but who knows. I hope SA builds around Tony so that he has a team to stay with, but money talks, regardless if he loves it in San Antonio.

sabar
03-17-2007, 03:13 AM
I'm banking on a divorce!

silk
03-17-2007, 03:39 AM
when the spurs look after jason kidd that summer parker said he will remembered these things and that nba is a business so while it's not sure he will leave sa he will certainly be interested in LA or big market teams.

I'm not sure loyalty , respect for the organisation, friendship and all these kinds of things will have a huge impact in his choice, but it is the case for most nba players already..

velik_m
03-17-2007, 03:52 AM
Well TDMVPDPOY is one of the bigger idiots. I have to delete about 1/3 of his posts because he's so obnoxious and bad.

You should put him on global ignore and save yourself the trouble.

SRJ
03-17-2007, 04:40 AM

I grew up in San Antonio, and I knew the word is spelled "renowned".

;)

JPB
03-17-2007, 05:41 AM
Who cares? By 2011 Parker will be well past his peak since he's already having trouble controlling his nagging injuries (tendonitis in knees).

Past his peak at 29 ???, when PG are reaching their pick with maturity...
Kidd, Nash, Stockton were better players at 30 than before being 30.

Nagging injuries ??? How many games did TP miss the last 2 years....?
How many did miss Nash ? and he's still 2 times MVP...

:rolleyes

JamStone
03-17-2007, 07:41 AM

"arguably" top 5. Nash, Kidd, Iverson, Arenas, Billups, Deron Williams ... are all "arguably" better than him

powerpower
03-17-2007, 08:51 AM
don;t really care about tony pff

Winery
03-17-2007, 08:58 AM
well, I hope we can keep him for a reasonable price, but I would never want to give a 100 million dollar contract to keep a pg unless the PG is 6'9. Thats what is going rate will be since he'll only be in his late 20's and still young. If there is an available big man or bad ass swing man then thats who I hope we sign at that time.

Texas_Ranger
03-17-2007, 10:36 AM
I don't care.

mikeanthony21
03-17-2007, 10:41 AM

Like who? Dwight Howard? :toast

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-17-2007, 11:35 AM
I don't know about Tony being washed up by then (that's pretty stupid logic), but I don't see Eva being the star she is today at that age.

ALVAREZ6
03-17-2007, 12:26 PM
I don't think it's worth thinking ahead to 2011...4 years is a long time. Many, many things change over a period of time like 4 years.

Trainwreck2100
03-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Would signing him affect the 2013 plan?

RobinsontoDuncan
03-17-2007, 01:35 PM
1) Parker deflects attention away from Ginobili. If Parker weren't around, many of those people would rag on Duncan instead.

2) He got Eva, and a lot of men in SA want to bang Eva.

3) Girls like Parker.

4) He is French.

You really hit the nail on the head there

DNS Error
03-17-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm pretty sure TP is gonna miss playing beside Manu and Timmy, but who knows. I hope SA builds around Tony so that he has a team to stay with, but money talks, regardless if he loves it in San Antonio.

I've heard it is easier to build around a big man rather than a guard, but by then Duncan will be gone and Ginobili's skills will have begun to fade.

DNS Error
03-17-2007, 02:25 PM
I don't know about Tony being washed up by then (that's pretty stupid logic), but I don't see Eva being the star she is today at that age.

32+4=36? But I guess a lot can happen in 4 years.

ginobili fan
03-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Parker wil be at his best in 2011,he would already have 6 titles,6 time all-star,2 times final MVP,and he would only be 29.
Then he would be a legend,the youngest of the history.
Notice thet Nash became MVP at 33 and he will play until 36 or 37.
Then Parker will have a second carreer.It's frightning.
I hope he will play with the best to have 5 more titles and beat Bill Russell