ponky
03-17-2007, 12:09 AM
dang, i forgot about that game, i'll go watch it now, cool

Burn531
03-17-2007, 12:12 AM
I wish I had league pass.

Mr Dio
03-17-2007, 12:12 AM
Way to go Kobe!, too bad you and Phyllis will still have ZERO rings without MJ or Shaq.

Chris Childs
03-17-2007, 12:13 AM
I don't know what to say about Kobe anymore. :(

Burn531
03-17-2007, 12:14 AM

Well, that's surprising.

ponky
03-17-2007, 12:17 AM
Well, that's surprising.

:lol :lol :lol

atxrocker
03-17-2007, 12:24 AM
8-12 from the 3 point line? :smokin

Vinnie_Johnson
03-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Kobe can poor it on at times damn.

LakeShow
03-17-2007, 12:32 AM
Way to go Kobe!, too bad you and Phyllis will still have ZERO rings without MJ or Shaq.

Phil has 6 rings without shaq. My bad i didnt see mj at first

Purple & Gold
03-17-2007, 12:33 AM
For anybody that has League Pass I suggest you watch this game. At least the 4th quarter and overtime. Great game from Kobe, he was getting his points double and triple teamed. Huge threes to send it to overtime. Exciting game. Props to Portland for playing a great game. Zach Randolph is a beast, Webster and Roy are gonna be damn good players. Very very talented young team. But again a great game from Kobe.

endrity
03-17-2007, 12:48 AM
what was that fight in the end, and why would Jack trash talk Kobe?

Purple & Gold
03-17-2007, 12:53 AM
It was mainly with Odom and a Portland player. Kobe and Jack were just defending their teammates. There was actually 2 incidents of trash talking, both at the end of the game when it was close. Glad the refs swallowed their whistles and didn't decide the game because of that.

TDMVPDPOY
03-17-2007, 01:06 AM
he only had 3 assist only, ballhog

Purple & Gold
03-17-2007, 01:08 AM
:lol

Purple & Gold
03-17-2007, 01:10 AM
:oops :shootme

1Parker1
03-17-2007, 01:15 AM

:lol He had 30 points and 9 assists the other night in a loss against Denver.

I was waiting for Kobe to erupt and just take over for the Lakers and end their 6 game losing streak.

Still I was hoping for 82. :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Typical Kobe eruption. He's ungodly.

1Parker1
03-17-2007, 01:16 AM
Damn, I just saw highlights.

Is there any other player in the league right now who makes tougher jumpshots/fadaways on a consistent basis than Kobe? Wade drives to the paint and can hit shots double/triple teamed. But Kobe can do not only that but make the sickest shots...including 3 pointers right in your face with 3 defenders on him.

MrChug
03-17-2007, 01:31 AM
65. Nice.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-17-2007, 01:33 AM

Is there any other player in the league right now who makes tougher jumpshots/fadaways on a consistent basis than Kobe? Wade drives to the paint and can hit shots double/triple teamed. But Kobe can do not only that but make the sickest shots...including 3 pointers right in your face with 3 defenders on him.

I honestly think Nowitzki is up there although he does have the height advanage

mavs>spurs2
03-17-2007, 01:35 AM
Kobe is on his own level

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-17-2007, 02:58 AM
Eh, Kobe is GOOD..

but there's something about him, i mean the 3 assists. Kobe will never shake that ego of his where he HAS to prove himself. Today he was on, but I've seen him attempt these games where he's not on, but keeps on chucking.

Even when watching him, his individual glory hog antics gets annoying in terms of the team. Like I feel sorry for his teammates on those days.

But eh, Kobe saved his team's ass from going 8 straight, so in this case, I think he got MADDD... :lol those shots were insane.

Kobe's insane on so many levels.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-17-2007, 03:01 AM
I agree.

That's why Nowitzki is a pain in the ass for defenses. You can't defend those type of jumpshots. They're always gonna swish! :pctoss

Kobe's shots, he makes it look like anyone could do it if they practiced the way he fades back, but yeah. He's just SO talented, it's sickening.

TheNextGen
03-17-2007, 03:23 AM
Eh, Kobe is GOOD..

but there's something about him, i mean the 3 assists. Kobe will never shake that ego of his where he HAS to prove himself. Today he was on, but I've seen him attempt these games where he's not on, but keeps on chucking.

Even when watching him, his individual glory hog antics gets annoying in terms of the team. Like I feel sorry for his teammates on those days.

But eh, Kobe saved his team's ass from going 8 straight, so in this case, I think he got MADDD... :lol those shots were insane.

Kobe's insane on so many levels.

Last night, Kobe had 30 points and 9 assist and lost by ALOT. Sometimes you just need him to be the hero.

One think i like to point out is that Kobe scored 60+ with ONLY 11 or 12 FT. Wade can only score 45 if he has 25 FT. :smokin

dirk4mvp
03-17-2007, 04:03 AM
Some of those shots were nasty.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-17-2007, 05:43 AM
Last night, Kobe had 30 points and 9 assist and lost by ALOT. Sometimes you just need him to be the hero.

One think i like to point out is that Kobe scored 60+ with ONLY 11 or 12 FT. Wade can only score 45 if he has 25 FT. :smokin :lol

but yeah, that is impressive. But Kobe had 8 threes. He just could NOT miss from beyond the arc, he had 65 on 38 shots, that ain't not bad this time.

Wade can't hit threes, so until he gets a higher percentage of threes, he won't be cracking 50 ala Kobe. Besides, Wade's game is a little different than Kobe's in that he's more like Tim, his shot selection is very within the rhythm of the game, you don't even notice he's racking up points, (regardless if he gets to the line, 20 times with his football like style)

Kobe's is just like, you know he's gonna have a big game the moment he hits the first three insane shots. And all eyes are on him.

1Parker1
03-17-2007, 09:38 AM

Not only the height advantage, but also Kobe has the 3 point arsenal, and the physical arsenal. You get a physical/tough defender with Dirk, and that usually limits him. With Kobe, it's like that just makes him more pissed off.

Dirk, IMO has the sweetest shot right now in the NBA. The arc is so pure and the shot so crisp.

boutons_
03-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Kobe broke ESPN "no boxscore available"

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270316013

TheNextGen
03-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Kobe broke ESPN "no boxscore available"

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270316013

Kobe will get suspended for breaking ESPN Box Score machine

mavsfan1000
03-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Whoopee do. Kobe's team lost 7 out of the last 8 games now. Kobe is explosive but he has a lot of bad games including the last 4 games against the mavs.

TheNextGen
03-17-2007, 11:43 AM
"I had to come out aggressive and assert myself, just because our confidence was a little shaky," Bryant said. "We needed a breakout game. And it's my job as a leader to kind of read what we need as a team. And sometimes, me taking over games like this instills confidence in us all."

DOMINATOR
03-17-2007, 11:49 AM
his line is pretty impressive i think: 65 pts, 7 reb, 3 ast. 3 stls, only 2 TOs thats damn good when you are handling the ball that much.
FG- 23/39 (59%)
3pt- 8/12 (67%)
FT-11/12 (92%)

King
03-17-2007, 11:57 AM

Ok? Pop won't have any rings without Tim.

bdictjames
03-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Some of those shots were nasty.
That spinmove/turnaround/fadeaway/jumpshot 3-pointer he made was nasty.

atxrocker
03-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Whoopee do. Kobe's team lost 7 out of the last 8 games now. Kobe is explosive but he has a lot of bad games including the last 4 games against the mavs.

were any of his bad games as horrible as dirk against golden state? if dirk had a game like this, you'd bust a nut.

Fillmoe
03-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Kobe Is That Dude!

Leetonidas
03-17-2007, 12:53 PM

T-Mac makes some pretty insane shots with people all over him too.

mavsfan1000
03-17-2007, 01:03 PM
were any of his bad games as horrible as dirk against golden state? if dirk had a game like this, you'd bust a nut.
If Dirk's team lost 7 in a row I would not celebrate 1 great game from Dirk.

atxrocker
03-17-2007, 01:13 PM
If Dirk's team lost 7 in a row I would not celebrate 1 great game from Dirk.

you're such a fucking hater ass homo. look at who kobe's teammates are and how many injuries that team has suffered this season. you gotta be fucking kidding me.

and don't get me wrong, i'm not a huge fan of the guy personally, but he had a helluva game and deserves his props.

Fillmoe
03-17-2007, 01:17 PM
mavsfans are faggots....... the average age for a cockriding, bandwagoning mav fan has to be like 15......

Fillmoe
03-17-2007, 01:18 PM
mavs fans are still mad about that one time when kobe single handedly outscored their whole team through 3 quarters...... oh and if you already forgot.... let me hit you with a reminder....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0r7bd9NM4Ts

mavsfan1000
03-17-2007, 01:23 PM
you're such a fucking hater ass homo. look at who kobe's teammates are and how many injuries that team has suffered this season. you gotta be fucking kidding me.

and don't get me wrong, i'm not a huge fan of the guy personally, but he had a helluva game and deserves his props.
Kobe can celebrate his stats all he wants but it comes down to winning. It just isn't happening for him without Shaq who was the real reason the Lakers won championships as Shaq makes everyone better while Kobe doesn't.

Fillmoe
03-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Kobe can celebrate his stats all he wants but it comes down to winning. It just isn't happening for him without Shaq who was the real reason the Lakers won championships as Shaq makes everyone better while Kobe doesn't.

you know your a sore loser, faggot ass homo when you bring up totally irrelevant shit in a topic about kobe having 60 in overtime in the year 2007.......

by the way 62>61..... DALLAS LOSES YET AGAIN!

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/8430/2n7m4vboc2.gif

Fillmoe
03-17-2007, 01:27 PM
and to continue the chain of irrelevancy......

DALLAS CHOKED!

resistanze
03-17-2007, 01:28 PM

:lol :lol

mavsfan1000
03-17-2007, 01:30 PM
you know your a sore loser, faggot ass homo when you bring up totally irrelevant shit in a topic about kobe having 60 in overtime in the year 2007.......

by the way 62>61..... DALLAS LOSES YET AGAIN!

So Kobe has one or two memorable moments a year. They still barely squeaked by the blazers which just proves my point Kobe doesn't make players around him better. His prescence is nothing like a Shaq.

Fillmoe
03-17-2007, 01:34 PM
So Kobe has one or two memorable moments a year. They still barely squeaked by the blazers which just proves my point Kobe doesn't make players around him better. His prescence is nothing like a Shaq.

so.... you guys lost to golden state.... by a ton...... does that mean your god dirk doesn't make players better? no it doesn't..... your arguments are flawed and don't make a lick of sense...... i should have known that ahead of time though, because after all you are a mavs fan..... their iq level is usually way below average

mavsfan1000
03-17-2007, 01:38 PM
so.... you guys lost to golden state.... by a ton...... does that mean your god dirk doesn't make players better? no it doesn't..... your arguments are flawed and don't make a lick of sense...... i should have known that ahead of time though, because after all you are a mavs fan..... their iq level is usually way below average
The problem is you emphasize 1 or 2 games too much. 1 great game doesn't make up for 7 mediocre games and 1 poor game doesn't hurt having 17 good games. Dirk>Kobe and you know it as proven by the team that has a better flow of offense. Dirk doesn't force things most of the time and gets teammates involved. Luke Walton is the real MVP of the lakers. lol

Fillmoe
03-17-2007, 01:41 PM
honestly did your mother do crack when you were in her womb? thats a serious question.....

did you just say LUKE MOTHERFUCKING WALTON is the mvp of the lakers..... okay so if you remove kobe can the lakers continue winning? FUCK NO! and as far as your dirk>kobe comment..... look at the players kobe has and look who dirk has.... in clutch situations im taking kobe.... dirk is good no doubt.... but comparing the two is idiotic.....

mavsfan1000
03-17-2007, 01:45 PM
honestly did your mother do crack when you were in her womb? thats a serious question.....

did you just say LUKE MOTHERFUCKING WALTON is the mvp of the lakers..... okay so if you remove kobe can the lakers continue winning? FUCK NO! and as far as your dirk>kobe comment..... look at the players kobe has and look who dirk has.... in clutch situations im taking kobe.... dirk is good no doubt.... but comparing the two is idiotic.....
Can you take Kobe's balls out of your mouth and actually be unbiased on something? Kobe's team is shit obviously but Kobe still shouldn't allow his team to lose 7 games in a row. If Kobe was the MVP he could at least keep them winning some games. I guess that is asking too much from him.

dirk4mvp
03-17-2007, 02:24 PM
mavs fans are still mad about that one time when kobe single handedly outscored their whole team through 3 quarters...... oh and if you already forgot.... let me hit you with a reminder....

You forgot to add the time Dallas gave the Lakers the worst loss on their homecourt ever.

1Parker1
03-17-2007, 05:45 PM

You're right...I forgot about T-Mac. Problem is T-Mac hasn't had much chance to prove doing it in the playoffs or on the big stage when it matters most...

1Parker1
03-17-2007, 05:53 PM
The problem is you emphasize 1 or 2 games too much. 1 great game doesn't make up for 7 mediocre games and 1 poor game doesn't hurt having 17 good games. Dirk>Kobe and you know it as proven by the team that has a better flow of offense. Dirk doesn't force things most of the time and gets teammates involved. Luke Walton is the real MVP of the lakers. lol

Wow. There is so much wrong with that logic, I can't even begin to explain. Mavsfan...you're giving other Mavs fans a bad rep with your complete lack of knowledge and biasness and blind homerism when it comes to basketball.

Dirk involves his teammates better?

Check out assists stats of this season and I'll bet you see something that says otherwise. And if Dirk had to play with the roster Kobe has all season, Lakers would be in the same place they are now if not worse. That team lacks offense with Kobe out.

1 great game doesn't make up for 7 mediocre games and 1 poor game doesn't hurt having 17 good games? See? Only a Mavericks fan would over emphasize the regular season without taking into account. 1 great regular season and trip to the Finals for the Mavs does not discount the fact that they still have no championship ring. Kobe has 3, end of story.

MOre so than that, Kobe has proven over the years that he can bring it in the clutch, in the playoffs when it matters more way more than Dirk has. Did you ever watch the Lakers in 2000-2003? Shaq was dominant, sure, but it was Kobe who singlehandedly used to kill the Spurs back in the day. And he's proven that he still can do it. Until Dirk proves he can't choke when it matters most, I'm going to give the edge to Kobe. Also...there's two sides to a basketball game. Kobe is a better defender than Dirk ever will be.

Oh and if Luke Walton is the MVP of the Lakers..........I'd have to say that Josh Howard is the MVP of the Mavericks. :rolleyes

Stop with the blind homerism. This thread was supposed to be about Kobe and his 65 points which in itself is amazing. If you even watched the highlights you'd learn to appreciate good basketball skills. Yet again though, as a typical Mavs Troll you managed to turn a thread into a Mavs are better than _____. Fill in the blank. :pctoss

1Parker1
03-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Kobe's team is shit obviously but Kobe still shouldn't allow his team to lose 7 games in a row. If Kobe was the MVP he could at least keep them winning some games. I guess that is asking too much from him.

So you admit that his team is complete shit, but expect the MVP to not allow his team to lose 7 in a row? There's this thing that's called injuries that's plaguing the Lakers right causing them to lose 7 in a row. It's through no fault of Kobe. I'd like to see how the Mavs would be playing if they lost 3 starters. :rolleyes

DOMINATOR
03-17-2007, 05:59 PM
you remember... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTLtqqk306Q

1Parker1
03-17-2007, 06:09 PM
:flipoff :lol Yes we remember.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-17-2007, 06:13 PM
:lol that's great!

You should find the whole real time development of that game. Where it's 13 minutes long. It's up there somewhere. DUNCAN, GINO, AND TONY, i can't help but laugh at the Spurs now, that the small wound from that game is healed.

Spurs have a criss-crossed tapestry of blows and glory.

Purple & Gold
03-18-2007, 01:30 PM
HaHa mavsfan, not even the biggest Kobe haters have anything to say. You look like some type of clown trying to diss Kobe. You give Maverick fans a bad name.

Purple & Gold
03-18-2007, 01:35 PM

:clap :clap :clap Great clip Fillmoe. That was a crazy game by Kobe.

1Parker1
03-18-2007, 08:52 PM
:lol Kobe's doing it again tonight against the TWolves. Dude is sick. He has 38 points at the end of 3. Lakers shot 80% in the 3rd quarter. :wow

1Parker1
03-18-2007, 09:00 PM
He has 40 points...in his last two games Kobe has 105 points. :wow :wow

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Kobe is Anakin Skywalker

1Parker1
03-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Make that 111 in his last two games...:wow

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-18-2007, 09:23 PM
K, now Kobe's just padding and forcing any opportunity to shoot with one minute left ...also his facial expressions he gives to the cameras. He's still an ass! :lol

He grabbed the fucking rebound on his missed free throw. Up 10, a minute and 18 to go.

Hold the stupid ball and drain the clock by giving it to the point. Don't throw up another quick shot iMMEDIATELY to make another deuce! :pctoss
idiot.

JamStone
03-18-2007, 09:37 PM
KOBE! KOBE! KOBE!

2 games
115 pts
54% shooting

KOBE! KOBE! KOBE!

resistanze
03-18-2007, 09:42 PM
KOBE! KOBE! KOBE!

2 games
115 pts
54% shooting

KOBE! KOBE! KOBE!

...BUT ONLY 6 ASTS COMBINED IN THOSE TWO GAMES!1!11111

I DON'T CARE THAT THEY WON BOTH GAMES!

BOOOOO KOBME BOOOOO KOBME!!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-18-2007, 09:58 PM
They're winning because Kobe is going insane, and also Lamar is back. If you watched the game Lamar is returning to form, as a key piece.

tlongII
03-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Kobe is insane right now. We didn't just give him the 65 Friday night. He was making shots from everywhere with guys draped all over him.

mavsfan1000
03-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Ok I don't hate Kobe but I get irritated with Kobe worshippers. Kobe is a great player but fans tend to overrate him. He is very explosive though so you can't let him get his confidence up.

DOMINATOR
03-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Ok I don't hate Kobe but I get irritated with Kobe worshippers. Kobe is a great player but fans tend to overrate him. He is very explosive though so you can't let him get his confidence up.
kobe is the most feared player in the league thus making him the best individual player. he can take over any game and score at will from anywhere, anyway, anytime.
kobe's personality makes people hate him.

JamStone
03-18-2007, 10:40 PM
...BUT ONLY 6 ASTS COMBINED IN THOSE TWO GAMES!1!11111

I DON'T CARE THAT THEY WON BOTH GAMES!

BOOOOO KOBME BOOOOO KOBME!!

Hater!

He also had 13 rebounds in those two games. He also had six steals in those two games. He also shot 12-21 from 3-point range (57%) and 23-26 on free throws (88%).

57.5 ppg
6.5 rpg
3.0 apg
3.0 spg
54% FG
57% 3PT
2.5 TO

Try and make an argument that those aren't sick numbers.

You'd have to be a clear and complete hater to criticize Kobe's last two games.

JamStone
03-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Kobe is a great player but fans tend to overrate him.

LMAO!!!!

Probably don't say he's overrated after the two games he's just had.

resistanze
03-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Hater!

He also had 13 rebounds in those two games. He also had six steals in those two games. He also shot 12-21 from 3-point range (57%) and 23-26 on free throws (88%).

57.5 ppg
6.5 rpg
3.0 apg
3.0 spg
54% FG
57% 3PT
2.5 TO

Try and make an argument that those aren't sick numbers.

You'd have to be a clear and complete hater to criticize Kobe's last two games.

I should've added to my post.

Better yet, I'll add [Hater]!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Come onnn.. don't cop out and change your tune, from your posts. Your original beef was his assists and not being an MVP to his team.

I'll easily admit I hate Kobe. But even I know, he is NOT overrated in skills AT ALL. He is the most talented player currently, and is one of a kind! Lebron, Wade have dominant games too and will get better or equally as good, but Kobe's is unique to his own.

That said. He's a bastard. He's the kind of player where you WISH he wasn't an ASS because you see him wasting it, because he's ALWAYS gonna be playing for himself and his legacy. Not as a leader of his team, but because he's so in love with himself with a major ego.

I was watching the game today, no doubt he's insane. But half the people are turned off every time, when he takes it too far, and makes the stupidest decisions, and then starts smirking and giving man love to his teammmates while they're winning. Then when the going gets tough. He's elbowing them in the face, yelling at them, and pulling some weird egomaniacal act.

He was really annoying at the end of the fourth quarter. Kobe would chuck up to make it to 50 , he almost let the wolves back into the game on a couple impulsive plays where he wanted to keep going, when the game should have been tempered because they were ahead by ten, luckily wolves suck balls. So it didn't happen.

But still. He's a horrible leader. The dumb young laker squad followed suit by making stupid fast break flashy plays, and wolves were kept in striking distance to keep it close because of that.

mavsfan1000
03-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Yes Kobe is the most feared player. It is much easier to defend Kobe because he is on fire right now but he lacks something. The attention he gets doesn't seem to benefit the other players on his team as much as it should. I think with Kobe you are playing outside-in which is a tougher way of running an offense rather than inside-out. I know I'm nitpicking but to me that is the difference from the MVP and a top 5 player. Dirk sort of plays in the post that is the mid post. He gets doubled and tosses it to Terry who than passes it to Stackhouses, Howard, or someone else for the assist. Players like Kobe and Wade are very explosive though and can single handedly take the team to wins and I think that is where they get the fans attention. I think Dirk plays in the flow of the offense better though. If I were to put them on a level from 5-10 from game to game Kobe would be like 5, 5, 9, 5, 10, 6, and etc. Dirk is more like 7, 8, 7, 8, 6, 9, and etc.

resistanze
03-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Yes Kobe is the most feared player. It is much easier to defend Kobe because he is on fire right now but he lacks something. The attention he gets doesn't seem to benefit the other players on his team as much as it should. I think with Kobe you are playing outside-in which is a tougher way of running an offense rather than inside-out. I know I'm nitpicking but to me that is the difference from the MVP and a top 5 player. Dirk sort of plays in the post that is the mid post. He gets doubled and tosses it to Terry who than passes it to Stackhouses, Howard, or someone else for the assist. Players like Kobe and Wade are very explosive though and can single handedly take the team to wins and I think that is where they get the fans attention. I think Dirk plays in the flow of the offense better though. If I were to put them on a level from 5-10 from game to game Kobe would be like 5, 5, 9, 5, 10, 6, and etc. Dirk is more like 7, 8, 7, 8, 6, 9, and etc.

Aren't you just then confusing Kobe's ability with the quality of the team that's built around him?

Did you watch Kobe play during the Lakers' 3-peat, regular season and playoffs? He showed quite clearly that he could play effectively in a good system, as Dirk is doing right now. Kobe has had even more success up to this point.

What do you honestly think would happen if you replaced Kobe with Dirk on the Lakers?

I've been touting Dirk as the MVP all season long. But he still have some ways to go in his game, as we saw in that Suns' game. He somewhat is lacking on the defensive end and the old Dirk of 2005 WCSF and 2006 Finals still appears at times.

lefty
03-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Kobe has been a BALLHOG in the last 2 games ; he took tons of bad shots too

mavsfan1000
03-18-2007, 11:45 PM
That system was run mostly with Shaq. Kobe played off of him in a great flow which made the Lakers almost impossible to beat in a series until Shaq got really out of shape. Dirk never had a big man like Shaq but if he did that would be freaking scary to watch. lol That would be the perfect player for Dirk. Dirk's defense is inconsistent but he has brought it for the most part this year.

TDMVPDPOY
03-19-2007, 12:26 AM
look at the boxscore, another 3 assists performance = ball hog

Nahtanoj
03-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Dirk would be good with Shaq, but you'll still need 3 other excellent players to win anything. Shaw, Fox, Fisher, Harper, Horry, Grant, Rice etc were HUGE during the title years, not just Kobe and Shaq.

TheNextGen
03-19-2007, 01:22 AM
Can you take Kobe's balls out of your mouth and actually be unbiased on something? Kobe's team is shit obviously but Kobe still shouldn't allow his team to lose 7 games in a row. If Kobe was the MVP he could at least keep them winning some games. I guess that is asking too much from him.

This quote disturbs me a bit. "Kobe still shouldn't allow his team to lose 7 games in a row. " Its wierd cuz he finally took the will to throw up 39 shots, make 59% of it, score 65 points...to win all by himself....then you say its nothing special and he is not a team player. Didn't he do what you said he should do, to keep "winning some games"....which he finally did, by scoring 65. He did what MVPs do, take over the game. Its Catch22 with you, you cant decide what side you're arguing for.

TheNextGen
03-19-2007, 01:23 AM
look at the boxscore, another 3 assists performance = ball hog

Screw assist when you can score 65 poitns urself

Nahtanoj
03-19-2007, 03:13 AM
Screw assist when you can score 65 poitns urself

Or 81 or 62 in 3 Qtrs or 65 or 58 or 56 in 3 Qtrs, 55 etc etc etc.. bottomline, through the years, Lakers have had a superior record when Kobe scores 40 or more. But Kobe also understands you can't win a Championship that way... there has to be a balanced attack and that's what the triangle's supposed to do hence the willingness to take 6 fewer shots this year.

Nahtanoj
03-19-2007, 03:14 AM
This quote disturbs me a bit. "Kobe still shouldn't allow his team to lose 7 games in a row. " Its wierd cuz he finally took the will to throw up 39 shots, make 59% of it, score 65 points...to win all by himself....then you say its nothing special and he is not a team player. Didn't he do what you said he should do, to keep "winning some games"....which he finally did, by scoring 65. He did what MVPs do, take over the game. Its Catch22 with you, you cant decide what side you're arguing for.

You're spot on.. Haters have a habit of contradicting themselves.. :/

LakeShow
03-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Come onnn.. don't cop out and change your tune, from your posts. Your original beef was his assists and not being an MVP to his team.

I'll easily admit I hate Kobe. But even I know, he is NOT overrated in skills AT ALL. He is the most talented player currently, and is one of a kind! Lebron, Wade have dominant games too and will get better or equally as good, but Kobe's is unique to his own.

That said. He's a bastard. He's the kind of player where you WISH he wasn't an ASS because you see him wasting it, because he's ALWAYS gonna be playing for himself and his legacy. Not as a leader of his team, but because he's so in love with himself with a major ego.

I was watching the game today, no doubt he's insane. But half the people are turned off every time, when he takes it too far, and makes the stupidest decisions, and then starts smirking and giving man love to his teammmates while they're winning. Then when the going gets tough. He's elbowing them in the face, yelling at them, and pulling some weird egomaniacal act.

He was really annoying at the end of the fourth quarter. Kobe would chuck up to make it to 50 , he almost let the wolves back into the game on a couple impulsive plays where he wanted to keep going, when the game should have been tempered because they were ahead by ten, luckily wolves suck balls. So it didn't happen.

But still. He's a horrible leader. The dumb young laker squad followed suit by making stupid fast break flashy plays, and wolves were kept in striking distance to keep it close because of that.

That's not fair, Kobe is a good leader. The Lakers had 36 assists yesterday to go with kobe's 50. One of the big problems for the LaKers is that they're deferring to him too much. They look for him way too much but that has a lot to do with players just coming back from injuries and not yet in a grove. I watched one play when Walton was leading a fast break, he had Odom in front wide open and Kobe on the wing with a defender near him and he passed it to Kobe. Odom went to Walton about not passing him the ball.

Phil Jackson has asked kobe to start his assault early instead of getting his team mates involved early (of course, kobe may take advantage of that). Kobe can make shots from anywhere on the court, it's kind of hard to criticize his shot selections when he shoots a high percentage, like he has in the last 2 games and a lot of those baskets were the end result of an assist.

Odom is just about where he was at the beginning of the season, Walton is a little rusty but should be more confident in a few games. Brown is still having trouble with his ankles. I do think it is time for Kobe to take less shots and work on getting his team mates confidence back. I expect to see that soon.
His smirks and smiles are geniune. He is happy to finally have his starting forwards back and has stated that with them they are a better team. Give them some time and things will go back to where they were at the beginning of the season.

1Parker1
03-19-2007, 08:18 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

1Parker1
03-19-2007, 08:22 PM
I know I'm nitpicking but to me that is the difference from the MVP and a top 5 player. Dirk sort of plays in the post that is the mid post. He gets doubled and tosses it to Terry who than passes it to Stackhouses, Howard, or someone else for the assist. Players like Kobe and Wade are very explosive though and can single handedly take the team to wins and I think that is where they get the fans attention. I think Dirk plays in the flow of the offense better though. If I were to put them on a level from 5-10 from game to game Kobe would be like 5, 5, 9, 5, 10, 6, and etc. Dirk is more like 7, 8, 7, 8, 6, 9, and etc.

Wow, just...wow.

So players like Kobe and Wade can single handedly take the team to wins...and mind you also CHAMPIONSHIPS to get the fans attention, but Dirk somehow plays in the flow of the offense better and that makes him a better player than someone who can take over a game and get you the win?

:shootme. I find myself getting dumber the more I read a Mavs fan's post.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-19-2007, 10:01 PM
That's not fair, Kobe is a good leader. The Lakers had 36 assists yesterday to go with kobe's 50. One of the big problems for the LaKers is that they're deferring to him too much. They look for him way too much but that has a lot to do with players just coming back from injuries and not yet in a grove. I watched one play when Walton was leading a fast break, he had Odom in front wide open and Kobe on the wing with a defender near him and he passed it to Kobe. Odom went to Walton about not passing him the ball.

Phil Jackson has asked kobe to start his assault early instead of getting his team mates involved early (of course, kobe may take advantage of that). Kobe can make shots from anywhere on the court, it's kind of hard to criticize his shot selections when he shoots a high percentage, like he has in the last 2 games and a lot of those baskets were the end result of an assist.

Odom is just about where he was at the beginning of the season, Walton is a little rusty but should be more confident in a few games. Brown is still having trouble with his ankles. I do think it is time for Kobe to take less shots and work on getting his team mates confidence back. I expect to see that soon.
His smirks and smiles are geniune. He is happy to finally have his starting forwards back and has stated that with them they are a better team. Give them some time and things will go back to where they were at the beginning of the season. Though I'm not so sure if his smirks and smiles had to do with his teammates back or the fact that he was on the brink of scoring 50, but ok.

Thanks for disagreeing in support of your team. Heh. And not ripping into me, just because I'm not a fan of Kobe. And I'm still waiting to see Kobe's leadership skills put to the test. But I will admit he has really put in an effort to be more balanced and less of a one-man show as opposed to two, and even a year ago. I'm still not completely convinced about him, because he has had some real awful shot selections and bad percentages. At the same time, Kobe's team is still limited. So you can't reallly fault him when the team is actually in a better position some nights when Kobe's scoring in bunches.

mavsfan1000
03-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Wow, just...wow.

So players like Kobe and Wade can single handedly take the team to wins...and mind you also CHAMPIONSHIPS to get the fans attention, but Dirk somehow plays in the flow of the offense better and that makes him a better player than someone who can take over a game and get you the win?

:shootme. I find myself getting dumber the more I read a Mavs fan's post.
It was Shaq that won them the championships. They aren't the same without Shaq and Dirk almost won the championship last year without a Shaq like player on his team.

resistanze
03-19-2007, 10:47 PM
It doesn't matter because the Mav's supporting cast is infinitely better than the Laker's any time since Shaq left. You can't compare the two.

DOMINATOR
03-19-2007, 10:50 PM
mavsfan1000 are you really this ignorant or are you just doing this for kicks?

mavsfan1000
03-19-2007, 10:56 PM
mavsfan1000 are you really this ignorant or are you just doing this for kicks?
What did I say that was so ignorant? 1Parker1 made it seem like that Kobe won the championships for the lakers which is not true as Shaq was the main reason. It even proves my point how much better the Lakers were without Kobe than they were without Shaq.

TonyParkerSux
03-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Kobe is by far the best overall player in the NBA. :smokin :toast

Medvedenko
03-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Mavsfan1000....not to beat a dead horse...but yes, Shaq was the main reason why the Lakers won...just like Kobe was the main reason they won as well. Not many 1 man teams win the championship....you of most people should understand that. Kobe had Shaq, Jordan had Pippen, Shaq had wade...each of those guys didn't win shit without any support. Kobe with all of the injuries this year has no support. Oh, and please compre Dirk and Kobe some more....it shows you how stupid you are. As I've stated in other posts ad nauseum...Kobe is compared to MJ, Magic, Jerry West, Wilt....and the rest of today's players are compared to Kobe.

mavsfan1000
03-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Typical laker fans overrating Kobe. He is a ballhog that doesn't know how to get his teammates involved. He is supposed to make everyone around him better but he doesn't. Walton has made him better though ever since he got inserted into the starting lineup. Without Kobe, Shaq's lakers still make the playoffs with probably 50 wins but without Shaq the Lakers don't make the playoffs until they got Odom and Walton. They have been the key.

Medvedenko
03-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Damn....after seeing your post count I'd assume you'd have some basketball acumen, some intelligence, some semblence of reality......Overrating Kobe...man, how can you overrate someone who's the most feared player in the NBA. Retard, the Lakers have been in the playoffs without Luke, Odom, Brown, Radman, et al the whole season. What the hell are you talking about. Without Kobe, this team wins 20 games. Tell me einstein....how does Dirk make his teammates better....or is it the other way around as you say it is with Kobe. Also, watch a fucking laker game first before you enhance this board with your "knowledge"

mavsfan1000
03-20-2007, 11:28 AM
We're not talking about Dirk right now. How is Kobe easily the best player in the league? He isn't though laker fans like to think he is. The mavs had no problems this year guarding Kobe. Sure he has a big quarter but ends up shooting under 50% percent and has a low assist count.

Medvedenko
03-20-2007, 11:35 AM
How is he the best player in the league.......? Great question, but no need to answer as you delicately proven your b-ball knowledge....You obviously only seen the Lakers play when they play Dallas. Your team is having a phenominal season, no doubt and the Lakers can't match up with their injuries and chemistry problems. No one man can do it himself, especially against an elite team. With that being said, when you're older you'll understand.

mavsfan1000
03-20-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm 24 and I've watched Kobe for many years. He is very streaky and on any given day he is the most explosive player in the league. His overall game though in a 82 game season isn't consistent enough to be the best. Maybe Jordan is to blame for everyone feeling like they need to be a ballhog these days but Kobe needs to find ways to get his teammates confidence up. AI left Philly and guess what? Iguodala improves drastically. When you're not getting your teammates involved their confidence level can be shaken.

Medvedenko
03-20-2007, 11:45 AM
The Laker players are having a career year this year...smush, walton, odom, bynum etc...now I guess this arguement can't be used....
Also, his coach has asked him to be more agressive lately and take the scoring load. He's averaging almost 6 assists this year and has made a concerted effort in getting everyone involved. It comes down to having the personal around you and capitalizing on their talents. Right now the Lakers aren't the most talented team in the L.

CavsSuperFan
03-20-2007, 12:05 PM
The reason the Lakers USED to win championships was because Shaq kept every player in line...Shaq made sure that the offense was played from the inside out...Not like today’s Lakers where there is no inside presence & every game hinges on one selfish player scoring 50 points... :rolleyes

I wonder if Kobe has finally become frustrated... Now that he is the only great player left on what was a unique & unselfish team... Maybe that is why Kobe has turned into such a “DIRTY” player...Throwing elbows & swiping at people’s faces when plays don’t go his way... :madrun

There is no question that Dirk & Shaq would have dominated the NBA...I remember one of the past All-Star games where they played together...Shaq grabbing rebounds & kicking it out to Dirk...Dirk grabbing rebounds & passing to Shaq....That was team play...Those two could have played 2 on 5 & beaten most of the teams in the NBA.... :toast

Medvedenko
03-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Shaq was no doubt the anchor on those teams...but they also had a ton of good role players and the best closer in the game. Oh, and those elbows are nothing new. As a "pre-lebron" fan, I totally understand why Kobe irks you....you had a lot of years watching Jordan work over your team over and over again.

Sportcamper
03-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Raja & Kobe... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9pRxFxZxkk&mode=related&search=)

Former pro wrestler Macho Man Randy Savage is suing Kobe Bryant (http://www.thebasketballjones.net/2007/03/12/macho-man-randy-savage-sues-kobe-over-elbow/), claiming the NBA superstar has illegally adopted his trademark move — “the Savage elbow” — as his own.