PDA

View Full Version : LeBron: Ex-Cav Boozer's Return Will Be 'Terrible'

ducks
03-17-2007, 10:30 AM
LeBron: Ex-Cav Boozer's Return Will Be 'Terrible'
17th March, 2007 - 10:10 am
ESPN -
It's been nearly three years since Carlos Boozer spurned the Cavaliers to make more money in Utah.

Boozer hasn't returned to Cleveland since he left in the summer of 2004. Injuries kept him from playing the Cavaliers when the Jazz visited the last two seasons.

But he's expected to make his long-awaited return Saturday night. Everyone in town knows the reception won't be warm.

A sports talk radio station was getting fans primed for Boozer's return with a contest Friday to see who could come up with the best jeer. Another element that could make for a raucous atmosphere Saturday night is that it's St. Patrick's Day.

"Terrible," Cavaliers star LeBron James said. "It's going to be pretty bad for him tomorrow."

Boozer was a young, upcoming star in Cleveland when he sat down with former owner Gordon Gund to negotiate a new deal after his second season.

A second-round draft pick out of Duke, Boozer was due to make $695,000 in the option year of his contract.

The Cavaliers declined to exercise the option -- making him a restricted free agent -- in the belief he would accept a six-year deal worth about $38.6 million to remain in Cleveland.

Boozer signed a six-year, $68 million offer sheet from the Utah Jazz . The Cavaliers refused to match the offer, saying they had an agreement with Boozer that if they declined his option, he would remain with the team.

being james goal is to make the most money ever as a basketball player
I would like to see james turn down 30 million

"I decided to trust Carlos and show him the respect he asked for. He did not show that trust and respect in return. That's what happened," Gund said then.

boutons_
03-17-2007, 10:37 AM
As successful businessman, how can Gund not like a guy for taking + $30M elsewhere?

Are we supposed to believe that because Gund is blind he's some kind of sympathetic, cheated saint (who makes offers $30M under market value) ?

"Crying? There's no crying in baseball!"

"Honesty? There's no honesty in politics!"

"Ethics? There's no ethics in business!"

ponky
03-17-2007, 11:29 AM
an extra 30 million and he can't even spring for a tube of clearasil, so sad

dg7md
03-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Big deal about that hostility, everyone, including James, would have done the same as Boozer.

Kermit
03-17-2007, 04:49 PM
i find it difficult to defend a liar, even when it comes to buisness. do what you say that you are going to do, be a man of your word. he's a dishonest guy who lied to the face of the owner and stabbed the franchise in the back. as spurs fans, we would be more than pissed if that happened on our team. hopefully, our teams management wouldn't be as naive to accept a players word.

ducks
03-17-2007, 07:39 PM
C. Boozer 18 7-11 0-0 0-0 1 8 0 2 0 1 1 14
boozers first half

he sure is having a terrible time james...............

Burn531
03-17-2007, 08:39 PM
It will be hard to hear whether Cav fans are BOOOOING!!! him or saying BOOOOOOOZER!!.

yeah I know very stupid