PDA

View Full Version : Spurs rotation?

theroc5
03-17-2007, 09:13 PM
i really havent been happy with the way pop handles our rotation. i think our team could be alot more effective with a different rotation. what types of rotation do you think our team would benefit from?

starting line up
parker
manu
finely
duncan
elson

6th manu
7th bonner
8th barry
9th vaugn

at the 6 min mark instead of putting oberto in, put in bonner. bonner brings the same energy if not more and is twice the player.

any other ideas?

Spurs Brazil
03-17-2007, 09:41 PM
If Oberto doen't play I'm OK with any lineup

You can call me a hater but we lost the game when Oberto was in

theroc5
03-17-2007, 09:42 PM
If Oberto doen't play I'm OK with any lineup

You can call me a hater but we lost the game when Oberto was in
agreed

spursreport
03-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Put Oberto on IR and start using ely. He will give us much more then Oberto possibly could. Fuck his stats he may not be anything special but he will offer a hell of alot more then beef jerky boy!! :rolleyes :rolleyes

thispego
03-17-2007, 09:48 PM
i really havent been happy with the way pop handles our rotation. i think our team could be alot more effective with a different rotation. what types of rotation do you think our team would benefit from?

starting line up
parker
manu
finely
duncan
elson

6th manu
7th bonner
8th barry
9th vaugn

at the 6 min mark instead of putting oberto in, put in bonner. bonner brings the same energy if not more and is twice the player.

any other ideas?
i dont think you can have manu starting and as 6th man, but thats just me

theroc5
03-17-2007, 09:50 PM
i dont think you can have manu starting and as 6th man, but thats just me
haha my bad

parker
finely
bowen
duncan
elson

6th manu
7th bonner
8th barryer
9th vaughn

silk
03-18-2007, 05:35 AM
i would rather have :

PG-Parker ( unleash him on offense it's when he's at his best)

SG-Barry ( i tend to think he plays better when he starts but finley may have more guts in the PO and needs to be more agressive to make -up for bowen lack of offense)

SF-Bowen ( i don't think he will regain his 3's but perimeter D could still improve in PO)

PF-Ely ( plays better when he starts needs to be accustomed with the system)

C-Duncan ( needs to destroy more the opposite bigs .only real offense with parker in this line-up )

6th-Manu ( plays better when he comes off the bench)

7th-Bonner ( big energy guy need to replace van ex oops i mean horry)

8th-Vaughn ( really third-string PG but defense and team responds well to him in PO could be handy vs AI, harris etc..)

9th-Elson ( he's not a starter but a solid back-up center and a match-up guy against the mobile bigs , too much silly fouls and not enough of a presence to start)

-Nobody in 10th so it will give more minutes to manu and barry.

Just tried to guess in what role every player is at his best. Have in mind the play-off gear for the spurs is mainly based on their focus and intensity. So every player needs to be tough mentally ( that's why pop don't like beno that much and is also on barry's case, don't know about Ely yet)

Clutch20
03-18-2007, 08:47 AM
I wonder what his staff suggests regarding minutes and rotation.

Someone developed a possible minute/rotation a few weeks ago but there's nothing here yet that shows any resemblance to typical Spurs rotation.

I feel that Pop and staff are fishing, they're doing now what should have been done back in Jan, analyzing personnel thru gametime performance.
That would be about the time they would be thinking about Manu started coming off the bence and also that's the time that Bonner was on the IR list, wouldn't it?

here is a copy and paste from express-news:
Popovich still managing minutes
The Spurs entered Saturday with all of their players averaging less than 35 minutes, keeping with coach Gregg Popovich's goal of not wanting to overwork the team before the playoffs.

wildbill2u
03-18-2007, 09:10 AM

starting line up
parker
manu
finely
duncan
elson

6th manu
7th bonner
8th barry
9th vaugn

any other ideas? I guess you want Bowen on the end of the bench?

I'm on record as contending that Bowen sometimes hurts us because he is so one-dimensional, but I don't think he's totally useless. :dizzy