03-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Up 70-44 at the half

If we not lost 2 games to the worst teams in the east we'd be only down 1 game

Admidave50
03-17-2007, 10:18 PM
yeah, it really sucks. I'm pissed off

dg7md
03-17-2007, 10:42 PM
that mavs game really took something out of them. theres no way they can deal with a tough team in a series. it just drained them.

I'm sure the back to back vs. the Pistons had nothing to do with the Nuggets winning how they are.

ponky
03-17-2007, 10:46 PM
I'm sure the back to back vs. the Pistons had nothing to do with the Nuggets winning how they are.

doubt it...don't forget the unforgettable nets/celtics btb the suns played earlier this season...it's probably because d'antoni mistook piatkowski for nash and put him in the game shortly before realizing his mistake

ponky
03-17-2007, 10:47 PM
haha, they're playing "danny boy" hilarious

JamStone
03-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Maybe a little, but since the Pistons were up by a lot, didn't the Suns rest there main guys more than usual? They should be a little more rested than a normal back-to-back. I know Nash didn't really play much in the fourth quarter last night.

pking
03-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Denver's up by 40 -- I realize that it's the very beginning of the 4th, but why put Nash back in? A comeback is ridiculously unlikely and why the hell would you wear out your guys trying it?

ponky
03-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Maybe a little, but since the Pistons were up by a lot, didn't the Suns rest there main guys more than usual? They should be a little more rested than a normal back-to-back. I know Nash didn't really play much in the fourth quarter last night.

yeah nash, diaw and bell averaged only 31 min. for the game, marion had 34 and amare had the most with 38, not too bad. plus, they were in phoenix last night, not too long a flight to denver

ponky
03-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Denver's up by 40 -- I realize that it's the very beginning of the 4th, but why put Nash back in? A comeback is ridiculously unlikely and why the hell would you wear out your guys trying it?

i guess he thinks it's too early...nuggets are now missing, suns are capitalizing...they won't catch up but they could get pretty close

1Parker1
03-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Denver's up by 40 --

No way! They're up 40 points on the Suns?! Wow.

I feel less bad about the Spurs loss now.

The recent struggles of the Suns and Spurs really highlight just how strangely consistent and focused the Mavericks really are. :(

pking
03-17-2007, 11:02 PM
No way! They're up 40 points on the Suns?! Wow.

I feel less bad about the Spurs loss now.

The recent struggles of the Suns and Spurs really highlight just how strangely consistent and focused the Mavericks really are. :(

Well, not anymore. Suns just went on a little run...Nuggs still up by 29 or something, though.

The Mavs just lost two games of their own and we were pretty close to losing last night to the C's, too. :lol

pking
03-17-2007, 11:07 PM
i guess he thinks it's too early...nuggets are now missing, suns are capitalizing...they won't catch up but they could get pretty close

I agree but getting close to catching up isn't worth it. A loss by 40 means the same in the standings as a near-monster-comeback-but-lose-a-heartbreaker-by-1.

6 minutes left and they're still down by 32 but Nash is still in the game. Just seems stupid to me.

ponky
03-17-2007, 11:09 PM
I agree but getting close to catching up isn't worth it. A loss by 40 means the same in the standings as a near-monster-comeback-but-lose-a-heartbreaker-by-1.

6 minutes left and they're still down by 32 but Nash is still in the game. Just seems stupid to me.

i agree with you too actually, just trying to comprehend d'antoni's stupidity and refusal to sit the suns starters...he's an idiot

mavs>spurs2
03-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Dantoni just isnt very smart. He played all out against the mavs and only played 8 players just to win a regular season game.

pking
03-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Looks like he's starting to wave the flag now.

ponky
03-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Looks like he's starting to wave the flag now.

finally. also, in a game like this where nothing is working for the suns, why doesn't d'antoni just mix it up a bit? no harm in getting some of the other guys some playing time just to see what they can do, those guys might have brought a bit more enthusiasm and energy to the game but he won't even give them a chance.

JamStone
03-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Maybe not smart in some ways, but had he played more reserves against Dallas, perhaps they don't win the Dallas game. That was an important game for both clubs. Don't think D'antoni was thinking about the following games more than beating Dallas.

Sure it probably wore some guys out. But, that's part of the NBA grind. They got to be mentally tougher than that. That's not all on D'antoni. Inexcusable to get beat so bad in back-to-back games after that big win against Dallas.

1Parker1
03-17-2007, 11:15 PM
also, in a game like this where nothing is working for the suns, why doesn't d'antoni just mix it up a bit? no harm in getting some of the other guys some playing time just to see what they can do.

Because he has Popitis.

:smokin

ponky
03-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Maybe not smart in some ways, but had he played more reserves against Dallas, perhaps they don't win the Dallas game. That was an important game for both clubs. Don't think D'antoni was thinking about the following games more than beating Dallas.

Sure it probably wore some guys out. But, that's part of the NBA grind. They got to be mentally tougher than that. That's not all on D'antoni. Inexcusable to get beat so bad in back-to-back games after that big win against Dallas.

oh yeah, i agree, it's not all d'antoni's fault

pking
03-17-2007, 11:23 PM

YEA, huge difference. 40 points is a lot more to come back from than 15.

I don't think that Dallas game was any bigger than this Denver game. Just another one of 82 regular season games, right? It was a 'big game' because it had a lot of hype and it's the two best records. I understood him playing the guys big minutes in that game because 15 points is a doable comeback (obviously :lol) but 40 isn't really.

And I agree Ponky (surprise, surprise. I think it's the girl thing, really..:lol) I don't care much for DAntoni. I actually think he got too much credit when he won COY a few years back. Nash does the work, he gets the credit. :lol

Okay maybe that's a bit overboard, but nah...not a big D'Antoni fan.

Amarelooms
03-17-2007, 11:27 PM
DAntoni is a HORRIBLE COACH. DUDE IS A MORON. All he says is run faster...shoot sooner, give the ball to Nash and run the pick n roll. Reminds me of my basketball coach when i was like 12.

ponky
03-17-2007, 11:29 PM
YEA, huge difference. 40 points is a lot more to come back from than 15.

I don't think that Dallas game was any bigger than this Denver game. Just another one of 82 regular season games, right? It was a 'big game' because it had a lot of hype and it's the two best records. I understood him playing the guys big minutes in that game because 15 points is a doable comeback (obviously :lol) but 40 isn't really.

And I agree Ponky (surprise, surprise. I think it's the girl thing, really..:lol) I don't care much for DAntoni. I actually think he got too much credit when he won COY a few years back. Nash does the work, he gets the credit. :lol

Okay maybe that's a bit overboard, but nah...not a big D'Antoni fan.

lol, we have to stick together as mavs fans and girls!

TDMVPDPOY
03-17-2007, 11:35 PM
expose