PDA

View Full Version : Im calling it now

DNS Error
03-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Being relatively new here I dont know how serious I'll be taken, but I say Kevin Durant will go VY on USC.

Holmes_Fans
03-17-2007, 11:56 PM
It would be cool.

JMarkJohns
03-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Durant is by far the best player in the game. That always counts for something. USC has arguably the next three best players, including a post player, something that Texas, outside of Durant, doesn't really have.

Nick Young, Gabe Pruitt and Taj Gibson are all very capable players. Nick and Gabe can put up 40-to-50 any given night and twixt the three, 20-to-25 rebounds isn't outside the realm of possibility. Throw in a player like Loderick Stewart, who's always either hot or cold, and if he's on, it could be a long night for Texas.

I think it'll be a hard-fought game with Durant and Augustine getting theirs, Young, Pruitt and Gibson getting theirs and the game being a five-to-ten point affair, probably to Texas. That's whom I've got advancing, anyways...

Holmes_Fans
03-18-2007, 09:17 AM
That's what I was about 2 say. If USC had 3 of the top 4 players in the nation they wouldn't of gotten steamrolled by Oregon and would of won enough to be atleast a 3 seed.

RonMexico
03-18-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm pretty sure Texas will win... this is the USC team that lost to an ASU squad that went 1-15 in Pac-10 play.

Did we forget that Tim Floyd is the coach? Then again, Rick Barnes is on the other side fucking it all up, so maybe that's a tie.

The difference - Augustin stays under control and Durant dominates - Damion James controls the inside and Texas has this one.

atxrocker
03-18-2007, 12:56 PM
it would be awesome to see texas win.

BUMP
03-18-2007, 12:56 PM
That's what I was about 2 say. If USC had 3 of the top 4 players in the nation they wouldn't of gotten steamrolled by Oregon and would of won enough to be atleast a 3 seed.

umm.. yeah i think he meant 3 of the top 4 in this game. im pretty sure SC doesnt have three of the four top players in the country :rolleyes

JMarkJohns
03-18-2007, 05:19 PM
umm.. yeah i think he meant 3 of the top 4 in this game. im pretty sure SC doesnt have three of the four top players in the country :rolleyes

Yeah. Way to read my post. This is exactly what I meant, hence the statement, "Durant is by far the best player in the game. That always counts for something. USC has arguably the next three best players..."

Game, in this case, means this specific game, not a sweeping synonym for all of college basketball, which he probably is anyways.

Instead of Pruitt going off, this game it's Hackett. Still as predicted, it's a tough game for Texas because USC has so many scoring options. You can't shut them down. They'll get theirs, no matter. Gibson hasn't scored as much, but he's got at least two blocks and a handful of rebounds.

I think Texas goes on a run, but USC has too many players playing well for Texas to simply rout them.

Tippecanoe
03-18-2007, 06:00 PM
so much for that

LakeShow
03-18-2007, 06:03 PM
Great call.... :rolleyes :lol

LakeShow
03-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Being relatively new here I dont know how serious I'll be taken, but I say USC's Freshmans will go VY on Texas.

fixed

dmac
03-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Being relatively new here I dont know how serious I'll be taken, but I say Kevin Durant will go VY on USC.how's that working out?

SrA Husker
03-18-2007, 06:33 PM
You got pwn3d

JMarkJohns
03-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Durant is by far the best player in the game.

Not that it was out on a limb, or anything, but Durant 30 points, 9 rebounds...

That always counts for something.

Or not. :oops

USC has arguably the next three best players, including a post player, something that Texas, outside of Durant, doesn't really have.

Nick Young, Gabe Pruitt and Taj Gibson are all very capable players. Nick and Gabe can put up 40-to-50 any given night and twixt the three, 20-to-25 rebounds isn't outside the realm of possibility. Throw in a player like Loderick Stewart, who's always either hot or cold, and if he's on, it could be a long night for Texas.

Let us see, shall we?

Nick Young: 22 points, 7 rebounds, steal and a block
Gabe Pruitt: 10 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists and 2 steals
Taj Gibson: 17 points, 14 rebounds, steal and a block (I counted two)

So gabe wasn't the robin to Young's Batman this game, as he struggled to make his jumper, but as mentioned, USC was still able to milk 40/50 points from two players, only it was the freshman Hackett that came to Young's offensive aid.

Still, Gabe generated half-court offense by consistantly breaking down the defense and getting into the lane where Young, Hackett and Stewart were the recipients.

As mentioned, Taj Gibson is a man in the paint. When I said the trio of he, Young and Pruitt would combine for 20/25 rebounds, I'm sure many scoffed. Well, 27 rebounds later, it looks as though my projection was a little conservative. I know he had a second block. I watched as much of that game as they aired and I saw him get two swats.

Like I said, if USC has more than one or two of their players hitting, they are a hard out. I didn't expect Hackett to step up, so I can't say I saw this coming, but I did mention that it could be a long night for the Longhorns, obviously, that was right on.

Unfortunately I was wrong on my prediction. I had Durant and Texas winning. Oh well... Let this and the UNLV game be a lesson, even the lesser west coast schools have power. Texas got a lot of hype because of Durant. It was definately deserved. However, Nick Young is very explosive and the USC team is very balanced. For as good as Hackett was, I've seen Pruitt and Stewart play better alongside the almost guaranteed 20 of Young's.

They have the depth and the ability to dictate tempo to hang with Carolina. If Pruitt can find his shot and either Hackett or Stewart join the frey offensively, they'll make things very interesting for NC. Still, I think this is the end of the road for SC and pick the Tar Heels by 5/10 points.

RonMexico
03-18-2007, 11:46 PM
Wow - I was wrong on this one... it's sad to see Durant go...

JMarkJohns
03-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Floyd gets a bad rap. His style and personality never worked in the NBA, but he was a very good coach at Iowa State before and is making HUGE strides at USC since.

Any number of teams would be lucky to have him as their coach.

tlongII
03-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Floyd had the misfortune of coaching the Bulls after Jerry Krause blew up their franchise. He was in a no win situation there. He's a very good coach though.