PDA

View Full Version : Teams that have won Titles closing out games with 3 shooting guards...

whottt
03-18-2007, 03:24 AM
I'm a lookin'...but I aint a seein' many.

Can anyone give me some help here?

SRJ
03-18-2007, 03:57 AM
Closest example I could think of off the top of my head was Detroit in 1990 - Microwave, Dumars, and Isiah - but that's two 2's and a point.

The 1995 Rockets were semi-small; Horry was a SF at the time and Olajuwon was slightly undersized for a C at 6'10"- nevertheless, that was Elie (natural 2 playing 3), Cassell (could play point and 2) and K Smith (point)

Maybe the 2000 Lakers? Rice (average size three, played a sort of a Chuck Person type of game, although Rice was better than Chuck IMO) Kobe (a tall two, but a two nonetheless) and Fisher (non-traditional point, Phil's preferred kind).

This is a tough game, I have to admit. Kind of fun, though, trying to rack my brain.

How about when the Bulls used to play Pippen-Jordan-Harper together in 1996 and 1997? Yes? No? I'll bet they had lineups where Pippen played the four and Kerr would play with those three.

If anything else pops into my head...

whottt
03-18-2007, 04:04 AM
Let me rephrase...Teams that have won titles closing out games with 3 shooting guards and a PG.

By shooting guards I mean...6'7 220 max...

SRJ
03-18-2007, 04:32 AM
I know - what I gave was the closest I could get.