PDA

View Full Version : Tired of waiting for the "real" season

EVAY
03-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Those of us who watch the spurs regularly all season are accustomed to watching them play well and play poorly. All during the first three months of the season I watched the spurs play below their potential, but also watched the apologists on this forum claim that the players and Pop "knew when to turn it on"...that " they always turn it on after the all star game". This year, we proclaimed them "fine" after the win streak over mostly sub-500 teams. All the predictions about the "real" season were to be fulfilled. Being a season ticket holder for a long time, I actually wanted them to play up to their potential all the time, but accepted that I was overly demanding for my money ( what can you reasonably expect for over 400 bucks an evening of home court advantage?).
What now, guys? We just lost two in a row to lottery bound teams by being incapable of holding them below 44% shooting, and our "franchise" player couldn't even bother himself to get down the court on offense soem of the time. Personally, I'm of the opinion that Pop cannot properly motivate his team when he wants to, and that Tim no longer has the fire in his belly necessary for him to play hard each night. They just "act like" they don't care enough any more. I'm tired of paying the same amount of money for November games as for March games, and this year they aren't playing any better in March than they were in November. I'm about done with paying season ticket prices. Anyone else?

Kori Ellis
03-18-2007, 01:24 PM
We just lost two in a row to lottery bound teams by being incapable of holding them below 44% shooting, and our "franchise" player couldn't even bother himself to get down the court on offense soem of the time. Personally, I'm of the opinion that Pop cannot properly motivate his team when he wants to, and that Tim no longer has the fire in his belly necessary for him to play hard each night.

You think Tim didn't show up yesterday?

He was a defensive monster and put up 20/16/7.

EVAY
03-18-2007, 01:35 PM
You think Tim didn't show up yesterday?

He was a defensive monster and put up 20/16/7.
KORI,
I WATCHED Tim hang back on three offensive possessions during the first half. The rest of the team was running down the court and he couldn't bother himself to get down there. I was livid at the time and still am every time I think about it. He used to do this sometimes when he didn't like the officiating calls, but sometimes now he just does it anytime. It's not easy to get fast break points when you are playing four on five. His final stats may have been fine, but check out the first half. The fact that he ended fine is a function of his talent, not his first-half effort.

v2freak
03-18-2007, 05:45 PM
He did kind of sleepwalk through the first half, but then he really turned it up in the 4th quarter. He started swatting every shot near him and got really aggressive on the offensive end. Too bad the Spurs stopped going to him in the waning moments of the game.

mikeanthony21
03-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Those of us who watch the spurs regularly all season are accustomed to watching them play well and play poorly. All during the first three months of the season I watched the spurs play below their potential, but also watched the apologists on this forum claim that the players and Pop "knew when to turn it on"...that " they always turn it on after the all star game". This year, we proclaimed them "fine" after the win streak over mostly sub-500 teams. All the predictions about the "real" season were to be fulfilled. Being a season ticket holder for a long time, I actually wanted them to play up to their potential all the time, but accepted that I was overly demanding for my money ( what can you reasonably expect for over 400 bucks an evening of home court advantage?).
What now, guys? We just lost two in a row to lottery bound teams by being incapable of holding them below 44% shooting, and our "franchise" player couldn't even bother himself to get down the court on offense soem of the time. Personally, I'm of the opinion that Pop cannot properly motivate his team when he wants to, and that Tim no longer has the fire in his belly necessary for him to play hard each night. They just "act like" they don't care enough any more. I'm tired of paying the same amount of money for November games as for March games, and this year they aren't playing any better in March than they were in November. I'm about done with paying season ticket prices. Anyone else?

Well... there's always the Missions! :downspin: