PDA

View Full Version : Alamo City may still have shot at landing Saints football team...

METALMiKE
03-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Alamo City may still have shot at landing Saints football team
San Antonio Business Journal - February 23, 2007
by W. Scott Bailey

Two of San Antonio's most prominent business leaders say they believe the Alamo City still has a shot at landing the NFL's Saints franchise, which came up one win shy of earning a trip to the 2007 Super Bowl.

Bill Greehey, former chairman of Valero Energy Corp. and now chairman of NuStar Energy, says if San Antonio leaders move quickly enough, before other markets can create a bidding war for New Orleans' NFL team, the Alamo City has a good shot at convincing the Saints to make the move to the South Texas market.

It's only a piece of the article,if anyone has a BizJournal account please paste the entire thing.Thanks.

http://sanantonio.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2007/02/26/story1.html

dallaskd
03-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Im sure the saints would move to LA before San Antonio, but i dont expect them to leave.

sa_butta
03-18-2007, 04:53 PM
http://www.560sec.com/albums/944-LT1/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

dallaskd
03-18-2007, 05:03 PM
what are you trying to say?

redskinfan
03-18-2007, 09:22 PM
what are you trying to say?

Dont worry about that idiot he dont even know what he meant.

CubanMustGo
03-18-2007, 10:11 PM
Business leaders on drugs forum

RealEstateDude
03-19-2007, 02:10 PM
It can happen, woohooo...

mardigan
03-19-2007, 05:14 PM
I dont give a fuck, I would still root for the Cowboys

sa_butta
03-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Dont worry about that idiot he dont even know what he meant.it means this topic has been beaten to death, and everytime someone sees a shot in the dark people get excited. Ill beleive it when tickets go on sale. And even then I would only go when the Phins come to town.

mardigan
03-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Dont worry about that idiot he dont even know what he meant.
At least he is smart enough to not be a Redskin fan

exstatic
03-19-2007, 08:42 PM

That's WAY older than the story last week that all other major leagues have been contacted, and there is no interest in SA from any of them.

Extra Stout
03-19-2007, 11:10 PM
That's WAY older than the story last week that all other major leagues have been contacted, and there is no interest in SA from any of them.
I'm not even sure the NBA is interested anymore.

Extra Stout
03-19-2007, 11:15 PM
Alamo City may still have shot at landing Saints football team

Reclusive poster may also have shot at anorexic supermodel

by W. Scott Bailey

Two of San Antonio's most prominent business leaders say they believe the Alamo City still has a shot at landing the NFL's Saints franchise, which came up one win shy of earning a trip to the 2007 Super Bowl.

They also believe that Spurstalk.com poster John Gates Whiteley has a chance at landing Marissa Miller as his wife.

They announced these beliefs between bong hits in the back room of a local hash bar.

Peter
03-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Saints must want a new stadium.

bresilhac
03-26-2007, 12:23 AM
I dont give a fuck, I would still root for the Cowboys

Where I come from in Northern Virginia there is an old saying. It goes something like this:

Fuck Dallas!!!

redskinfan
03-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Where I come from in Northern Virginia there is an old saying. It goes something like this:

Fuck Dallas!!!

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops

THE ONE AND ONLY
03-26-2007, 12:32 AM

Fuck Dallas!!!

This is where I would talk shit about Virginia's NFL team. But thats not possible.

Does Virginia have ANY pro teams???
NFL? MLB? NBA? NHL? :ihit

redskinfan
03-26-2007, 12:40 AM
This is where I would talk shit about Virginia's NFL team. But thats not possible.

good comeback wow your scary. :toast

mardigan
03-26-2007, 01:02 AM
good comeback wow your scary. :toast
And your the worst trash talker of all time

bresilhac
03-26-2007, 01:05 AM

Yeah dumbo, ever heard of the Washington Redskins. Suburban Virginia is across the Potomac from WDC. Just a little geography lesson for you. Secondly, Redskins Park, the HQ for the team is located in Ashburn, VA. Which is maybe 1 hour from FedEx in Landover, MD. It's all one big city. And a city where the Cowpigs are universally despised.

THE ONE AND ONLY
03-26-2007, 01:11 AM
Yes I have heard of the WASHINGTON Redskins.

redskinfan
03-26-2007, 01:24 AM
And your the worst trash talker of all time

? I wasnt talking trash I was stating the obvious.
Thomas Jones ran over people! that was funny shit any more where that came from? :donkey

mardigan
03-26-2007, 01:36 AM
No, Im still reeling over how much the Cowboys paid Ken Hamlin to talk shit

redskinfan
03-26-2007, 01:16 PM
No, Im still reeling over how much the Cowboys paid Ken Hamlin to talk shit

I agree they didnt have to pay him much 1 year deal no less. I just find it funny how you think he is all that! He aint that good but then again he might be better than what is there already(not saying much). Good luck and try not to get swept by the SKINS this year :king

mardigan
03-26-2007, 01:45 PM
I agree they didnt have to pay him much 1 year deal no less. I just find it funny how you think he is all that! He aint that good but then again he might be better than what is there already(not saying much). Good luck and try not to get swept by the SKINS this year :king
Bro, read my posts, I never said he was all that, all I said was that he was better than Omar Stoutmire, which you disagreed with. I said he wasnt very fast, wasnt good in coverage, and was basically another Roy Williams. All I said was that he would help our depth