PDA

View Full Version : Spoiled Spurs Fans?

traitoravery
03-18-2007, 08:43 PM
We are on pace for about the same amount of victories we have had for the last 10 years.....People Chill and wait for the playoffs :dramaquee

SpursDynasty
03-18-2007, 09:10 PM
We are on pace for about the same amount of victories we have had for the last 10 years.....People Chill and wait for the playoffs :dramaquee

Exactly. No more of this "Spurs are on the decline" crap. It's annoying. We're still 46-20 for crying out loud, with 16 games left. 3rd best in the league and apparently that means we're declining. Do not compare us to how PHX/DAL are doing. Our oldest of the Big Three is 30 years old, so no more "old and unathletic" crap talk either.

Just shut up and watch the game, everyone. So what if Devin Harris drives on us, or Dirk shoots a couple of baskets and makes them?

Goodbye board.

Kori Ellis
03-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Exactly. No more of this "Spurs are on the decline" crap. It's annoying. We're still 46-20 for crying out loud, with 16 games left. 3rd best in the league and apparently that means we're declining. Do not compare us to how PHX/DAL are doing. Our oldest of the Big Three is 30 years old, so no more "old and unathletic" crap talk either.

Just shut up and watch the game, everyone. So what if Devin Harris drives on us, or Dirk shoots a couple of baskets and makes them?

Goodbye board.

New user name forthcoming, Jeff? :lol

Seriously if you think people should just shut up and watch the game, then you shouldn't be here. It's a DISCUSSION board. If everyone shuts up, there's no discussing.

SpursDynasty
03-18-2007, 09:54 PM

Seriously if you think people should just shut up and watch the game, then you shouldn't be here. It's a DISCUSSION board. If everyone shuts up, there's no discussing.

Everyone knows who I am. It didn't take them stalking me and looking at my IP address *cough cough* to know who I am.

Kori Ellis
03-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Everyone knows who I am. It didn't take them stalking me and looking at my IP address *cough cough* to figure out who I was.

I don't need to stalk you, everyone's IP address is right in front of me. And yes, everyone knows who you are. It's hard to miss the worst poster on the board.

stretch
03-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Owned.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-18-2007, 10:21 PM
spurs going 46-20 would be fantastic if the #2 team was 40-26

but sadly, thats not the case

this team is definitely underachieving ad this small ball BS isn't helping much either

so as long as the team continues to underachieve, the fans have a right to bitch

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Exactly. No more of this "Spurs are on the decline" crap. It's annoying. We're still 46-20 for crying out loud, with 16 games left.
That's right! 16 games left! and we're still half-assing it!

I know where you're coming from, because Of course this is the regular season and the losses are isolated incidents in the long run. But on the forum, I don't see any problem critiquing their play, be it a little bit overexaggerated at times.

mikeanthony21
03-18-2007, 11:11 PM
That's right! 16 games left! and we're still half-assing it!

I know where you're coming from, because Of course this is the regular season and the losses are isolated incidents in the long run. But on the forum, I don't see any problem critiquing their play, be it a little bit overexaggerated at times.

It's funny how the Spurs went from "The Rampaging Spurs..." to "I can't believe the damn Leprechauns beat us!" in a span of just six days. :bang

LEONARD
03-19-2007, 02:55 PM
I don't need to stalk you, everyone's IP address is right in front of me. And yes, everyone knows who you are. It's hard to miss the worst poster on the board.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

jeffdrums22???

Awesome... :lol

mardigan
03-19-2007, 02:57 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH!!! Made my day

v2freak
03-19-2007, 04:16 PM

I think he means no fretting over what is inevitable. Drives, jumpshots, whatever, are bound to go in even against the best defense. Strategy is a different matter

Kori Ellis
03-19-2007, 04:19 PM
I think he means no fretting over what is inevitable. Drives, jumpshots, whatever, are bound to go in even against the best defense. Strategy is a different matter

No that's not what he means. He doesn't think anyone should say anything negative about the Spurs, have any doubts whatsoever they will win the title, or ever ever give respect and props to another team or player.

In addition, he thinks Dwight Howard is a fluke.

And that the Mavs aren't good, the rest of the league is just bad.

Trainwreck2100
03-19-2007, 04:26 PM
I still say Jeffdrums is just fucking with us, some Mavs fans aren't as idiotically homeristic a he is.

mardigan
03-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Got to be, no one can be that dumb

smrattler
03-19-2007, 04:51 PM
A couple of people already sais it, I agree. It's not about wins and losses, winning percentage, or anything like that. Not even the standings. It's about playing your best at the right time. To give yourself a chance to really contend when the playoffs get here. You're not going to just coast the regular season and show up and play your best in the playoffs.

The regular season is to be used like homework for your final exams. You want to gradually build to be your best by the time it gets here. You're not going to win them all. Yeah, you'll drop some games every now and then to teams you should beat. So, losing to Boston and the Bucks doesn't bother me necessarily, it's WHY we lost. Did we play well and lose anyway? No. We didn't play with energy. Our defense disappeared. We looked sloppy on both ends of the court.

These are things that should be ironed out already if you are ready for the playoffs. I thought we were. Maybe we're not. But time is running out and we're gonna find out soon.

Games in Nov, Dec? Yeah, I could see the argument that they don't mean anything. But the last 16-20 games of the year? They do mean something. They tell you if you are ready for the playoffs. And if we are still showing up to games this late in the year lacking intensity and playing sloppy, it says either we are not ready (and running out of time to get ready) or we're still mailing it in some nights like it's Nov/Dec (underachieving).

Kermit
03-19-2007, 04:55 PM
the worst? really?

mardigan
03-19-2007, 04:59 PM
the worst? really?
Yes, really

LEONARD
03-19-2007, 05:14 PM
JeffDrums22 / SpursDynasty gems...

The Orlando loss was a fluke loss on a fluke dunk by a fluke player.

Just ask the unheard of players before the Spurs series such as Josh Howard and Jason Terry. Who really even knew who those guys were before the Spurs series last year?

The reason I called Howard and his dunk a fluke is because of how much hype he got for making one dunk. He isn't a brilliant or great player right now, at least.

Dirk eventually will have to do more than shoot jump shots. When he gets inside the paint, Tim can guard him.

The fact is, the Mavericks get too much respect from other teams just because they beat SA in the playoffs last year. None of their opponents show up to play, they're too busy being intimidated by a defensive, but still jump shooting team. It's more about the majority of the NBA being bad than Dallas being good. Outside of SA and Utah, Dallas has no solid competition. Any of the other 28 teams will be beaten on any given night against Dallas.

Utah whooped Dallas 101-79. Then lost 108-105. Looks like solid competition to me.

The Spurs have won 1, and lost 2 games by an average of 4 points. Again, solid competition.

The rest of the league has played no where close to Utah and SA vs Dallas.

It's not that Dallas is brilliant. It's that most NBA teams suck.

Admit it, the NBA has no watchable teams outside of Dallas, SA, Phoenix and Utah.

And of course they'd beat college teams, they're professional players.

Or so we'd like to think. Not based on how everyone plays now.

I'm still not impressed by Dallas.

Would love to see the Warriors get the #8 seed in the West. The Warriors aren't doing anything brilliant, they are just beating a team they're supposed to beat right now.

Golden State just went out and beat a team they were supposed to beat.

If SA does the same, they'll beat Dallas too.

Simple as that.

Easy question. Because they have beaten them twice already this year. The Warriors could get that #8 seed and eliminate Dallas too.

I'm not impressed by the Mavs' 51-5 streak. The five losses = Detroit, Utah, LA Lakers, Washington, Chicago. Some of the better teams in the league there. That only means the Mavs can go 51-0 vs sub-par teams, and lose to teams that really count. Big deal. They've also had losses to Houston and SA. And how many back-to-backs has Dallas had tin 07, one or two?

The Mavericks can't beat the Spurs in a 7 game series.

Reason people hate me on the boards: I don't worship the Mavs.

The whole West playoff picture is pretty straightforward: Dallas, SA, Phoenix, and Utah will be there in the 2nd round. West Finals will be either Spurs vs Mavericks (if Spurs get #2 seed), Spurs vs Suns (most likely), or Mavericks vs Suns (if Spurs choke).

And no I still don't take Phoenix seriously.

So in conclusion: Spurs 4th championship parade coming up in June.

Stephen Jackson > Dirk Nowitzki

and more proof that he's a troll or was banned...

You forget that some people on here can make more than one user name.

mardigan
03-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Or my favorite threads, "Golden State officially 8th seed", and I stress that he put officially, or "Spurs will win 18 straight", I think he just likes fucking with people.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Bwahahaha Leonard, that post made my week! :lol :lol

you couldn't make stuff like that up

hahaha

mardigan
03-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Bwahahaha Leonard, that post made my week! :lol :lol

you couldn't make stuff like that up

hahaha
I think me and Lenard are heading the anti-Spursdynasty regime, our army will soon be complete

LEONARD
03-19-2007, 05:29 PM
I think me and Lenard are heading the anti-Spursdynasty regime, our army will soon be complete

:fro :fro :fro :fro

Kermit
03-19-2007, 05:31 PM
he's joking. there is no way that any of those takes are remotely serious, or i will lose what faith i have left in mankind.