PDA

View Full Version : IPod Ban: Vince Carter no, Tim Duncan yes?

freemeat
11-18-2004, 01:30 AM
I've recently read that the NBA has banned players from using an IPod during pregame warm-ups as they are "not part of regulation NBA league wear." This came after the league learned that Vince Carter was using one for the same purpose.

Two days ago, though, I read on Timmy's site (I believe it was under the '21 questions' section) that he also likes to use it to help prepare and focus on the game ahead.

I'm not just saying this because I'm a spurs fan, but I really can't see any problem with players using this (because they're really just shooting and stretching more than anything else) other than the league's own non-willingness to 'market' a product for which they are not being paid...

Am I wrong? Or should they lighten up?

ALSO, as of late, Carter has fallen out of the finest of NBA graces...while Duncan will probably always remain there. If the league's attention first came to Duncan's usage of the IPod, before carter, would they have a problem with it?

Personally, and as a major spurs fan, I don't think so...

But then again, how would David Stern look coming out saying anything negative against a man who is doing nothing less -- on and off the court -- than following in the footsteps of #50?

toosmallshoes
11-18-2004, 03:03 AM
David Stern probably thinks that if he lets the stars use the Ipod that soon all the players will be doing it. I don't see anything wrong with it though except that maybe it makes the players look too flippant as they prepare for the game or something. I'm sure it's especially helpful for players during road games. Stern's pretty uptight. Just like in regular/non NBA life, sometimes the boss just wants to impose his authority and fights petty battles with his employees.

missmyzte
11-18-2004, 09:23 AM
Duncan listens to music while he warms up (same time he wears his shorts backwards)but during the shoot around, there is a dress code and no music allowed.

TheWriter
11-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Like Misti has stated, Duncan listens to music when he warms up before the start of the pre-game warmups and the game.