PDA

View Full Version : Another Confession...

01Snake
03-19-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm sure he was tortured so it must not be true. Fuck America. We need to free all those GITMO detainee's ASAP. They need to be released so they can get back to their peaceful way of life.

On top of the fact this person was most likely tortured, this report was also released by the mother of all terrorist organizations, the Pentagon. So it's a safe bet this story is a complete fabrication of lies to protect GW's legacy and to hide that fact that we are in a secret war for all the Iraqi oil.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,259620,00.html

Pentagon: Suspected Mastermind of USS Cole Bombing Confesses

Monday, March 19, 2007

WASHINGTON — Waleed Mohammed Bin Attash, long suspected of plotting the bombing of the USS Cole, confessed to planning the attack during a hearing at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, according to a Pentagon transcript released Monday.

He also said he helped plan the bombings of the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998 that killed 213, the transcript said. Seventeen sailors were killed and 37 injured when suicide bombers steered an explosives-laden boat into the battleship on Oct. 12, 2000.

"I participated in the buying or purchasing of the explosives," bin Attash said when asked what his role was in the attacks on the Cole and the embassies. "I put together the plan for the operation a year and a half prior to the operation, buying the boat and recruiting the members that did the operation."

The release of Bin Attash's transcript came five days after the Pentagon released the record of hearings held for three other high-value suspects at Guantanamo. One of them, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, confessed to nearly three dozen plots including the 9/11 attacks on the U.S., according to the transcripts.

Bin Attash said he met with the man who did the embassy bombings just a few hours before the operation took place.

"I was the link between Usama bin Laden and his deputy Sheikh Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri," who authorities say worked with bin Attash on planning the Cole attack, bin Attash said.

Bin Attash also said he was with bin Laden when the Cole was attacked.

Said to be an Al Qaeda operational chief, he also is known as Tawfiq bin Attash or Tawfiq Attash Khallada or simply Khallad.

George Gervin's Afro
03-19-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm sure he was tortured so it must not be true. Fuck America. We need to free all those GITMO detainee's ASAP. They need to be released so they can get back to their peaceful way of life.

On top of the fact this person was most likely tortured, this report was also released by the mother of all terrorist organizations, the Pentagon. So it's a safe bet this story is a complete fabrication of lies to protect GW's legacy and to hide that fact that we are in a secret war for all the Iraqi oil.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,259620,00.html

Pentagon: Suspected Mastermind of USS Cole Bombing Confesses

Monday, March 19, 2007

WASHINGTON — Waleed Mohammed Bin Attash, long suspected of plotting the bombing of the USS Cole, confessed to planning the attack during a hearing at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, according to a Pentagon transcript released Monday.

He also said he helped plan the bombings of the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998 that killed 213, the transcript said. Seventeen sailors were killed and 37 injured when suicide bombers steered an explosives-laden boat into the battleship on Oct. 12, 2000.

"I participated in the buying or purchasing of the explosives," bin Attash said when asked what his role was in the attacks on the Cole and the embassies. "I put together the plan for the operation a year and a half prior to the operation, buying the boat and recruiting the members that did the operation."

The release of Bin Attash's transcript came five days after the Pentagon released the record of hearings held for three other high-value suspects at Guantanamo. One of them, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, confessed to nearly three dozen plots including the 9/11 attacks on the U.S., according to the transcripts.

Bin Attash said he met with the man who did the embassy bombings just a few hours before the operation took place.

"I was the link between Usama bin Laden and his deputy Sheikh Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri," who authorities say worked with bin Attash on planning the Cole attack, bin Attash said.

Bin Attash also said he was with bin Laden when the Cole was attacked.

Said to be an Al Qaeda operational chief, he also is known as Tawfiq bin Attash or Tawfiq Attash Khallada or simply Khallad.

So now we have 2 people admitting to planning the Cole bombing.. Cool now we can punish 2 people for the price of one Yahoo!!

01Snake
03-19-2007, 10:45 AM
So now we have 2 people admitting to planning the Cole bombing.. Cool now we can punish 2 people for the price of one Yahoo!!

Really? Who was the other one?

George Gervin's Afro
03-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Really? Who was the other one?

My mistake I thought Khalid Sheikh Mohammed confessed to being guilty of everything.. :lol

boutons_
03-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Why would the US prosecute terrorist warriors for killing US warriors
(Cole) in the terror war?

Killing civilians (WTC), ok, a crime.

But warriors killing warriors? That's what they are hired to do. What's the grounds for prosecution?

The US invading foreign countries and killing people is OK (in dubya's opintion), but people in those foreign countries shooting back is a crime? GMAFB

Sec24Row7
03-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Boutons... I can photoshop up a Pussy for your avatar if you want.

01Snake
03-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Why would the US prosecute terrorist warriors for killing US warriors
(Cole) in the terror war?

Killing civilians (WTC), ok, a crime.

But warriors killing warriors? That's what they are hired to do. What's the grounds for prosecution?

The US invading foreign countries and killing people is OK (in dubya's opintion), but people in those foreign countries shooting back is a crime? GMAFB

You really need help dude. :dizzy

boutons_
03-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Sec34, do you have comment to make?

go fuck yourself, arm-chair warrior

Don Quixote
03-19-2007, 03:12 PM

Good observation. This is a war. In wars people, especially warriors, die. It sucks, but that's the truth. Unfortunately, there's a small but loud group of people overseas that have started a war with us. If this were a band of incompetents, then it would be no big deal. However, they are clearly well-trained and smart, as 9-11 (and several attacks during the Clinton administration) show. So we have to retaliate.

Anyhoo, it's inane to try and run a war like it's a civil matter. These fools (al-Qaida and their ilk) are combatants, and they should be grateful that we didn't smoke their rear ends on the battlefield. In Gitmo, they actually stand a chance at surviving in the end. But if they don't? I don't lose sleep over them.

But Donkey Joto, you're mean! Maybe so. But these jerks are in Gitmo for a reason. This is not a bunch of peaceful Moslems like some in the media would have you think. They are there because they had trained, planned, and taken up arms with the intent to kill as many Americans as possible.

And if they get tortured by beatings, bad food, or having to listen to rap (easily the worst), what do we care? I for one lose not a wink of sleep over their sorry butts. I'm more concerned about the unborn. About keeping America safe. Rebuilding my house.

In short, run the war like it's a war. Kill the combatants, and torture the ones who survive.

clambake
03-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Then, on the other hand, you sanction the torture of our captured soldiers.

Not trying to argue, but what's good for the goose.............

01Snake
03-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Then, on the other hand, you sanction the torture of our captured soldiers.

So how exactly has it been working out for our soldiers and contractors that are captured by these extremists groups?

clambake
03-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Umm, snake, if you endorse something, must accept it. That was my statement.

ChumpDumper
03-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Confessions gained from torture are always reliable. That's why one of the guys running for the Republican nomination for President of the United States is a confirmed war criminal, right?

jochhejaam
03-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Confessions gained from torture are always reliable. That's why one of the guys running for the Republican nomination for President of the United States is a confirmed war criminal, right?
I would imagine that Attash gave them more than a simple "yeah, I did it". Regardless of whether the confession came via torture, they're going to need informaton that would substantiate the authenticity of the confession.
I would assume they have satisfactorily connected the dots provided by Attash to the extent that his confession is entirely believable.

Would you agree with that?

ChumpDumper
03-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Why would they need other information to substantiate the claims? It's not a criminal court as you have come to know them.

jochhejaam
03-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Why would they need other information to substantiate the claims? It's not a criminal court as you have come to know them.
Okay. It's not a crimina court as we know it...soooo, you disagree with my previous post?

Also, I didn't read anything about the confession being extracted through torture as you stated. Did I miss that part?

ChumpDumper
03-19-2007, 09:44 PM
The simple fact is we can't know and won't know anything about how the information was gathered. I can't accept that the entire process has to be completely secret. That you are willing to take government at its uncorroborrated word is just the way they like it.

clambake
03-20-2007, 01:04 AM
Why change the gameplan when conspiracy has worked so well? How many times have we cried wolf?

sabar
03-20-2007, 05:21 AM
Funny how we whine about inhumane torture and execution of our soliders and then do it right back in gitmo. And then when extremists see the news reports of what we do to prisoners, they go and behead another 30 people in the name of vengeance. And then we whine about that too. And then you have people DEFENDING what we do.

People sure forget fast why this country exists in the first place:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/07/Us_declaration_independence.jpg/505px-Us_declaration_independence.jpg

I challenge someone to...

Justify holding someone indefinately without a trial.
Justify torture.

And before you say innocent people have nothing to fear, that only terrorists get tortured, what about people like Murat Kurnaz? The arguement that bad people deserve torture is flawed in itself anyways. Wait, not even bad people, SUSPECTED bad people that never have a trial.

Guilty until proven innocent, the motto of the U.S. extrajudicial system.

jochhejaam
03-20-2007, 06:08 AM
Why would the US prosecute terrorist's for killing US soldiers?

IMO, Violating the Geneva Convention (International Law) is grounds for prosecution, signatory or not, el abdul boutons.

No big deal that 17 of our soldiers were killed and 39 injured, eh? And you lump them with the terrorists?

I imagine you and the terrorist's will reap the same eternal fate (now you've been justly lumped).