PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Wire..

Sportcamper
03-19-2007, 10:53 AM
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Kobe Bryant had enough after seven straight losses by the Los Angeles Lakers. He took matters into his own hands against the Portland Trail Blazers and left the court with the fourth highest-scoring game in franchise history...

Bryant scored 24 of his 65 points in the fourth quarter and added nine more in overtime, powering the Lakers to a 116-111 victory on Friday night.
Last season's scoring champ shot 23-for-39 from the field, 8-for-12 from 3-point range and 11-for-12 from the free-throw line.. .

Kobe Wire... (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AsgYGku_3Ejoq1BZDlYdA66K0bYF?gid=200703 1613&prov=ap)

Sportcamper
03-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Kobe credits teammates for scoring spree...

The All-Star MVP became the first Los Angeles player in 44 seasons to score at least 50 points in consecutive games, following a 65-point effort with 50 in the Lakers' 109-102 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Sunday night...

Kobe Bryant credits the return of teammates Lamar Odom and Luke Walton from injuries for making things easy for him...

Bryant became the first Lakers player to accomplish the feat since Elgin Baylor did it in three straight games in December 1962...

"Luke and Lamar both make my life a lot easier when they're out there because they're so good at recognizing situations on the floor," Bryant said. "They're great passers, so teams can't just front me or overplay me in certain areas."

Trainwreck2100
03-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Kobe credits teammates for scoring spree...

"They got out of the way and never called for the ball. And even when they did I'm Kobe Bryant I pass it when I feel like it.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-19-2007, 11:05 AM
:lol

Honestly, nice spin on that Kobe wire.

Kobe's such a phony.

Sportcamper
03-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Kobe is the difinition of "Greatness"... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Siq1TERU-04)

Medvedenko
03-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Nice mix....people take him for granted...just like a lot of people (me included) took MJ for granted during his run. I hated that guy and would slander him given the chance. Being older, I can now see the greatness, and as a NBA fan cherish what Kobe is doing on the court.

Sportcamper
03-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Kobe is in that RARE category with Babe Ruth, Jack Nicholas, Ty Cobb, Ben Hogan, Wilt Chamberlain, Sandy Koufax, Bill Russell, or Dick Butkus...One day you will be able to tell your Grand Children...Yep I saw him play...And in person he was even better! :smokin

Medvedenko
03-19-2007, 04:45 PM
I agree Sportcamper...It would be interesting to see how the other great players would have fared in the world wide web and 24/7 media attention.

mardigan
03-19-2007, 04:52 PM
There probably isnt a more fun player to watch in the NBA than Kobe, and I, unlike most of these haters, dont take anything for granted that this guy does. He is absolutely amazing, and there probably isnt anyone better in the league than Kobe. I think the only other player in the league that I like watching as much is Lebron

Purple & Gold
03-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Kobe is in that RARE category with Babe Ruth, Jack Nicholas, Ty Cobb, Ben Hogan, Wilt Chamberlain, Sandy Koufax, Bill Russell, or Dick Butkus...One day you will be able to tell your Grand Children...Yep I saw him play...And in person he was even better! :smokin
So true, he's up there with the all-time greats in their respective sports. It will take years after he retires for most people to truly realize how great of a player he is.

mardigan
03-19-2007, 05:01 PM
So true, he's up there with the all-time greats in their respective sports. It will take years after he retires for most people to truly realize how great of a player he is.
Totally agree, and me as a Spur fan, I feel the same way about Duncan, its nice having a player so good, that you forget how good they are while playing, just because you get used to greatness