PDA

View Full Version : Another Satisfied Traveler...

sa_butta
03-19-2007, 02:49 PM
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2248343.html?menu=

Passenger's morbid suprise
A British Airways passenger has told of his shock after he woke up to find he was sitting next to a corpse.

Paul Trinder, 54, a businessman from Brackley, Northamptonshire, awoke during the flight to Delhi to find cabin staff propping up a dead woman in his row.

He was refused compensation and told by the airline to "get over it", reports the Independent.

Mr Trinder, who had spent more than £3,000 on his first-class ticket, complained: "The stewards just plonked down this body without saying a thing.

"I remember looking at this thin, sparrow-like woman and thinking she was very ill.

"She kept slipping under the seat belt and moving about with the motion of the plane. When I asked what was going on, I was shocked to hear she was dead."

"I just kept thinking to myself: "I've paid more than £3,000 for this"."

The woman had been in economy class when she died soon after the plane left Delhi.

British Airways says the dead woman was taken into first class because the rest of the plane was full.

"When a customer passes away on board it is always difficult and we apologise for any distress caused," a BA spokesperson said.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Should have tossed her out like Dave Chappelle in Con Air. People paid good money not to sit next to a dead lady.

ChumpDumper
03-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Doesn't sound like he was next to her, otherwise they would've said so. And I don't think sitting next to live folks is guaranteed -- maybe that should be part of the passenger bill of rights.

sa_butta
03-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Doesn't sound like he was next to her, otherwise they would've said so.

A British Airways passenger has told of his shock after he woke up to find he was sitting next to a corpse.

ChumpDumper
03-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Both reports I heard said she was in the same row, not right next to the dude. I figured she'd have fallen all over him if she was next to him. If that didn't happen, I agree that he should get over it.

sa_butta
03-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Both reports I heard said she was in the same row, not right next to the dude. I figured she'd have fallen all over him if she was next to him. If that didn't happen, I agree that he should get over it.It does contradict itself by starting out saying next to, then later in the article saying same row. Either way I can understand how that would be uncomfortable and since he paid so much for first class he is upset, but shit she is dead and they cant just throw her out.