PDA

View Full Version : Why Garnett won't ask to be traded!

NBA Junkie
03-19-2007, 09:36 PM
MINNEAPOLIS—Star forward Kevin Garnett reiterated his desire to remain with the third-place 26-30 Timberwolves—the team with which he has lost for 11 seasons—claiming that he simply enjoys being defeated by far superior teams on a regular basis. "To me, there is no feeling quite like losing. I've always said that losing is the most important thing, and I feel like I can lose in Minnesota this year as well as for years to come," Garnett said. "Sure, I might have a better chance of losing in Memphis or Milwaukee, but it would just be more special to lose in front of the fans in Minnesota." Garnett added that a playoff appearance this year would not change his mind, as he has been waiting since 2004 to get another chance to lose on basketball's biggest stage.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/kevin_garnett_i_want_to

mavs>spurs2
03-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Lol nice

thispego
03-20-2007, 12:52 PM
least funny thing i have read in a while

mardigan
03-20-2007, 12:58 PM
I dont get it

bdictjames
03-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Lame

Rip-Hamilton32
03-20-2007, 03:41 PM
What the Bulls need to do is trade Gordon, Deng, Thomas, a 1st round pick and cash for Garnett.

Maybe then I'll give my support to the Bulls again.

lol that would never happen and if it did thats a stupid trade

JamStone
03-20-2007, 03:52 PM
What the Bulls need to do is trade Gordon, Deng, Thomas, a 1st round pick and cash for Garnett.

Maybe then I'll give my support to the Bulls again.

Jay,

Again, you just don't have any facts supporting your ideas.

The Bulls have almost no chance in landing Kevin Garnett now. Now that PJ Brown's contract will expire this summer, there's no way the Bulls can offer enough players to match salaries without including Ben Wallace or giving Minnesota EVERYBODY but Ben Wallace. And Minnesota is not going to take on Ben Wallace's contract. The Bulls would need the help of a third team, and that is still very unlikely. They had a slim chance this past February with PJ Brown's expiring contract. Now, they have next to no chance at getting a deal done for KG.

NBA Junkie
03-21-2007, 09:16 AM
least funny thing i have read in a while

I found the irony of this article somewhat funny only because it's a mystery why Garnett won't demand a trade despite the situation he's been put in by the inept management of Glen Taylor and Kevin McHale. He's even endorsed Randy Wittman to be kept on as Wolves head coach despite his 8-18 record since taking over for the fired Dwane Casey. Makes me wonder if maybe there is some truth to the article, even though it's a sattire.

Jamstone is right- there's no chance the Bulls can get Garnett with Brown's contract coming off the books. This was probably the best deal the Wolves would have gotten. Now they risk the possibility of losing him with no compensation in return.

Sportcamper
03-21-2007, 10:16 AM
I don’t care who you are...That’s a darn funny post right there....

http://www.mtctickets.com/comedy/images/larry-the-cable-guy.jpg

thispego
03-21-2007, 12:24 PM
I found the irony of this article somewhat funny only because it's a mystery why Garnett won't demand a trade despite the situation he's been put in by the inept management of Glen Taylor and Kevin McHale. He's even endorsed Randy Wittman to be kept on as Wolves head coach despite his 8-18 record since taking over for the fired Dwane Casey. Makes me wonder if maybe there is some truth to the article, even though it's a sattire.

Jamstone is right- there's no chance the Bulls can get Garnett with Brown's contract coming off the books. This was probably the best deal the Wolves would have gotten. Now they risk the possibility of losing him with no compensation in return.
no players should be demanding trades. it's not their place.