PDA

View Full Version : A Question About Auto Titles

PM5K
03-20-2007, 12:08 PM
So I basically lost the title to my vehicle, I actually hid it and apparently did such a good job of hiding it that I hid it from myself.

Question, is a certified copy basically all I'd need to sell my vehicle?

I know with birth certificates for example, all you can ever actually get is a certified copy, not the original, is that the same with auto titles?

TIA ;-)

CosmicCowboy
03-20-2007, 12:16 PM
The copy will look exactly like the original except the printing will be brown instead of blue.

Go to the TexDot office at 410 and Callaghan and they will have all the forms you need to fill out.

You turn them in, pay the fee, and you get your new title by mail in a few weeks.

PM5K
03-20-2007, 09:40 PM
The copy will look exactly like the original except the printing will be brown instead of blue.

Go to the TexDot office at 410 and Callaghan and they will have all the forms you need to fill out.

You turn them in, pay the fee, and you get your new title by mail in a few weeks.

Some people told me I'd need a replacement title instead, who is correct?

I guess I can ask the guy on the phone tomorrow, I only asked here because I was on hold for a while and forgot to ask and didn't want to call again.

However, he did say I would get the copy immediately, so I wouldn't have to wait to receive it by mail.

CosmicCowboy
03-21-2007, 08:50 AM
I used the wrong term. The document you get from Texdot will be a replacement (brown) title and not a copy of the original. A photocopy of the original title is not acceptable.