PDA

View Full Version : Who remembers this guy?

Yonivore
03-20-2007, 03:30 PM
"A NASA scientist who said the Bush administration muzzled him because of his belief in global warming yesterday acknowledged to Congress that he'd done more than 1,400 on-the-job interviews in recent years."
Wow! Some muzzle.

"...Mr. Hansen,...is listed as a senior adviser to Mr. Gore and consulted on Mr. Gore's global warming film, 'An Inconvenient Truth.'"
Ah! A nutter!

"Mr. Deutsch, who was 23 at the time, said Mr. Hansen was prohibited from doing the interview because of his prior refusal to notify NASA officials when he was granting interviews, not for political reasons.

Citing what he called his "constitutional right" to give interviews, Mr. Hansen admitted violating NASA's press policy but defended his actions.
Wow, another constitutional right of which I'm unaware.

I don't deny the freedom to speak but, if any of the 1,400 or so interviews were done on NASA time, the supervisor's prohibition due to failure to receive prior permission is not out of line.

So, did he do them on NASA time or his own. If he did them on NASA time, I want him to reimburse the country for all the leave he's taken in order to conduct unauthorized interviews.

ChumpDumper
03-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the link to "Article."

boutons_
03-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Why hasn't the American Petroleum Institute fired this guy?