PDA

View Full Version : Mavs@Knicks Game Thread!!!

Dirk Nowitzki
03-20-2007, 05:38 PM
It's that time again Mavs fans!! Our Maverickos are in action tonight against the Knicks! The fans might as well just stay at home and watch Gilmore Girls with their families!! Mavs have this game won already as in 3 1/2 hours it will be confirmed! Mavs blow out these chumps with ease tonight! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS!! :clap :clap

mardigan
03-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Lets Go Knicks!! Marbury Gona Drop 50!

mavsfan1000
03-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Mavs win by 15. They are due for a big game.

mardigan
03-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Wasnt the last game they played pretty close?

And by the way, I agree, Mavs win by a plethora of points

loveThe23
03-20-2007, 05:59 PM
It's that time again Mavs fans!! Our Maverickos are in action tonight against the Knicks! The fans might as well just stay at home and watch Gilmore Girls with their families!! Mavs have this game won already as in 3 1/2 hours it will be confirmed! Mavs blow out these chumps with ease tonight! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS!! :clap :clap

my gosh... you should calm down, it's only the Knicks you're facing.... I'm sure you'll win anyway.

cornbread
03-20-2007, 06:09 PM
The fans might as well just stay at home and watch Gilmore Girls with their families!! :clap
That actually made me laugh outloud. Bravo! :toast

Will Malik get to see any time guarding Dirk???

Knicks with the upset!!!

ponky
03-20-2007, 06:19 PM
we better come to play against the knicks, win or lose, they've been playing hard since the all-star break. i'm hoping the mavs have a big game tonight and win by double digits of >15, go mavs!

Chris Childs
03-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Lets go Knicks!

pussyface
03-20-2007, 07:06 PM
these so called mavericks aren't too bad of a basketball team

Amuseddaysleeper
03-20-2007, 07:28 PM
mavs looking pitiful in the first half

I don't know why all the top teams are mailing it in this time of year

I expect avery to get on their ass at halftime

ponky
03-20-2007, 09:30 PM
mavs looking pitiful in the first half

I don't know why all the top teams are mailing it in this time of year

I expect avery to get on their ass at halftime

looks like avery had a talking to some of those mavs! it's nice that he was able to rest some of the guys tonight and played ager, jj, pops a couple of minutes...i was rooting for the mavs but i was somewhat torn up about the knicks (my other team) losing because i'd like to see them get the 8th spot. too bad the mavs have to play them twice in the next week or so and crawford and lee are out, they could really use them back in the lineup

dallasmavsnfuego214
03-20-2007, 09:32 PM
really a boring game but two things i learned

1. Mavericks cant fall asleep in games cause any team can make a run like the Knicks did in the second

2. Eddy Curry is really good

Chris Childs
03-20-2007, 09:34 PM
The game what of been much better if the knicks would've won.

cornbread
03-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Will Malik get to see any time guarding Dirk???

Yeah, that's right. I quoted myself.

Did Malik get to play any??

dirk4mvp
03-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah, that's right. I quoted myself.

Did Malik get to play any??

http://www.nba.com/games/20070320/DALNYK/boxscore.html

Rose played 12:16

cornbread
03-20-2007, 10:38 PM
http://www.nba.com/games/20070320/DALNYK/boxscore.html

Rose played 12:16

Damn. Some of Malik's best games were against the Mavs back in the day.
His line tonight was 0-2 for 0 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 foul and 1 turnover. What a sad state of affairs for Malik.

mabber
03-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Lets Go Knicks!! Marbury Gona Drop 50!

Harris shut him down.

mardigan
03-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Harris shut him down.
Haha, he only took 6 shots ,Harris only took 4, but played more minutes, and still managed to go out played by him in pretty much every statistical catagory

mabber
03-21-2007, 09:21 AM
Haha, he only took 6 shots ,Harris only took 4, but played more minutes, and still managed to go out played by him in pretty much every statistical catagory

? Marbury was 2 for 10 and played 38+ minutes. If you actually watched the game, it was obvious that Harris was frustrating Marbury big time.

Plus, Harris doesn't have to score in the Mav's offense. Marbury does for the Knicks to have a chance.

mardigan
03-21-2007, 09:25 AM
? Marbury was 2 for 10 and played 38+ minutes. If you actually watched the game, it was obvious that Harris was frustrating Marbury big time.

Plus, Harris doesn't have to score in the Mav's offense. Marbury does for the Knicks to have a chance.
I just checked the stats,your right, I was looking at Francis stats. But Marbury had more assists, less turnovers, and more steals,and more rebounds, so as much as he was frustrated, he still ended up with better point guard stats

mabber
03-21-2007, 09:29 AM
I just checked the stats,your right, I was looking at Francis stats. But Marbury had more assists, less turnovers, and more steals,and more rebounds, so as much as he was frustrated, he still ended up with better point guard stats

All I mentioned was how well Harris guarded Marbury. He did a great job on him and that was what he was assigned to do. I've only been commenting on this thread and others on his defensive abilities.

I'd say holding Marbury to 2 for 10 shooting is shutting him down. Hell, only allowing him 10 shots is a feat in itself. Marbury usually has that many shots by halftime.

mardigan
03-21-2007, 09:33 AM
No, that is immpresive, as I have said many times, Harris is a monster defensively with his size and length, but I really wonder about his skills other than his defense. His point guard skills havent gotten any better since his rookie year

monosylab1k
03-21-2007, 09:37 AM
No, that is immpresive, as I have said many times, Harris is a monster defensively with his size and length, but I really wonder about his skills other than his defense. His point guard skills havent gotten any better since his rookie year

Yeah I wonder the same thing. Every year is supposed to be the year that Harris develops a reliable jumper or become a better passer. It hasn't happened. He can't even lock up the starting PG job. He's great on D but I'm wondering if he'll ever develop into the All-Star level PG that everyone in Dallas envisions him being.

mardigan
03-21-2007, 09:43 AM
With his speed and dribbling ability, even though he only playes like 25 minutes a game, you would think he would average more like 5 assists a game, but maybe if he develops a consistent jumper, it will open things up in the middle for him.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-21-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm actually far more impressed with Harris's offense than defense.

I never cared much for his D

However, he's already got a much better outside jumper than tony parker, though I don't know how much that is really saying

mabber
03-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Yeah I wonder the same thing. Every year is supposed to be the year that Harris develops a reliable jumper or become a better passer. It hasn't happened. He can't even lock up the starting PG job. He's great on D but I'm wondering if he'll ever develop into the All-Star level PG that everyone in Dallas envisions him being.

I don't see him reaching his potential as long as Terry is here. The Mavs have already figured out that they can't start both Terry & Harris in the backcourt against a lot of teams. They have to now because of injuries but that's not what they want to do. Terry is actually still improving as a player in Dallas so he's not going anywhere.

I think Harris would develop a little more with another team but not sure if that's in his future.

monosylab1k
03-21-2007, 09:57 AM
I don't see him reaching his potential as long as Terry is here. The Mavs have already figured out that they can't start both Terry & Harris in the backcourt against a lot of teams. They have to now because of injuries but that's not what they want to do. Terry is actually still improving as a player in Dallas so he's not going anywhere.

I think Harris would develop a little more with another team but not sure if that's in his future.

Yeah that's true Terry does kinda block him a little bit. I remember Harris saying that he's a "volume shooter", not in the ridiculous Antoine Walker sense of the phrase, but meaning that he needs to throw up a few shots to get into the flow of things. Right now with his role, he doesn't have the luxury of bricking a few early on to get his stroke. So maybe when his role gets expanded more, his outside shot will fall alot better.

mardigan
03-21-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm actually far more impressed with Harris's offense than defense.

I never cared much for his D

However, he's already got a much better outside jumper than tony parker, though I don't know how much that is really saying
I dont know what you talking about at all, this guy gets most of his points inside, and 3 of his 10 points a game off free throws. But besides that his assists are very low, and his assist to turnover ratio is 2 to 1, not good. Although, I will say that his .66 steals/turnover rating is pretty damn good, but that is d again.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-21-2007, 12:48 PM
I dont know what you talking about at all, this guy gets most of his points inside, and 3 of his 10 points a game off free throws. But besides that his assists are very low, and his assist to turnover ratio is 2 to 1, not good. Although, I will say that his .66 steals/turnover rating is pretty damn good, but that is d again.

I feel the opposite actually.

He may not be great in terms of being a true PG, but his speed and ability to finish around the basket is getting to TP's level. He still makes some rookie type mistakes but he's still new to the league so I'm sure he'll work out the tweaks.

I'm more impressed with his ability to score, and while his jumper isn't automatic, he really will be mentioned alongside TP in terms of PG's with quickness and being able to finish around the basket