PDA

View Full Version : Pistons Fans....

dallasmavsnfuego214
03-20-2007, 09:03 PM
who will you be rooting for when we play cleveland?

i know a few ridiculous trolls cause you guys to have a personal vendetta for this team, but we are playing the Cavs who are only like two games behind you

Chris Childs
03-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Are you serious? No one is going to be rooting for the mavs except mavs fans. The pistons have the central division secure against the cavs. No need to worry. But I can guarantee you that everyone wants Dallas to lose........ even me.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Are you serious? No one is going to be rooting for the mavs except mavs fans. The pistons have the central division secure against the cavs. No need to worry. But I can guarantee you that everyone wants Dallas to lose........ even me.

lol

pistons fans probably hate the mavs more than cleveland

Pistons < Spurs
03-20-2007, 09:14 PM
who will you be rooting for when we play cleveland?

i know a few ridiculous trolls cause you guys to have a personal vendetta for this team, but we are playing the Cavs who are only like two games behind you

I'm pulling for the Cavs to lose to Dallas, as I'm sure most Piston fans are. It benefits us.

And I don't think any Piston fan has anything even remotely close to a vendetta for the Mavs. Some of the fans acted like children the other day, but that's a separate issue from what will help us get the #1 spot in the EC.

Chris Childs
03-20-2007, 09:15 PM
lol

pistons fans probably hate the mavs more than cleveland

Everyone does and its mostly because of their terrible fans.

ponky
03-20-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm pulling for the Cavs to lose to Dallas, as I'm sure most Piston fans are. It benefits us.

And I don't think any Piston fan has anything even remotely close to a vendetta for the Mavs. Some of the fans acted like children the other day, but that's a separate issue from what will help us get the #1 spot in the EC.

hell yeah, whatever benefits your team should always come first. my bro loves me and he's a pistons fan, haha! anyway, i'm rooting for the pistons to come out of the east and it has little to do with my dislike for the heat, i could just as easily latch on to the cavs or bulls but i like rasheed and his big mouth. besides, i know my other team, the knicks, aren't really going to do anything even if they get the 8th seed, a position which is getting harder to attain every day.

Chris Childs
03-20-2007, 09:54 PM
hell yeah, whatever benefits your team should always come first. my bro loves me and he's a pistons fan, haha! anyway, i'm rooting for the pistons to come out of the east and it has little to do with my dislike for the heat, i could just as easily latch on to the cavs or bulls but i like rasheed and his big mouth. besides, i know my other team, the knicks, aren't really going to do anything even if they get the 8th seed, a position which is getting harder to attain every day.

What? You're a knicks fan? Get the fuck outta here. I think you're trying to be funny but it's not working.

ABDENOUR POWER
03-20-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm actually pulling for Dallas. Cleveland is close enough on Detroit's tail for me to need to hope they lose every possible game.

ponky
03-20-2007, 09:59 PM
What? You're a knicks fan? Get the fuck outta here. I think you're trying to be funny but it's not working.

i've been a knicks fans since i was 6 when i was forced to watch basketball games since my brother had the remote and was 6 years older

Chris Childs
03-20-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm actually pulling for Dallas. Cleveland is close enough on Detroit's tail for me to need to hope they lose every possible game.

How could you pull for Dallas? What makes you think that Cleveland is going to catch Detroit?

You sir, are a paranoid Bitch.

ponky
03-20-2007, 10:04 PM
How could you pull for Dallas? What makes you think that Cleveland is going to catch Detroit?

chauncey's still out, rasheed only needs one more tech and he has to sit out a game and the cavs are only 2.5 games behind the pistons...and their next two games are on the road against rockets and spurs on a back-to-back

ABDENOUR POWER
03-20-2007, 10:13 PM

As ponky said, its a combination of injuries, suspensions, possible letdowns, and a killer schedule. Its not inconceivable for Cleveland to come away with the #1 seed.

Chris Childs
03-20-2007, 10:15 PM
chauncey's still out, rasheed only needs one more tech and he has to sit out a game and the cavs are only 2.5 games behind the pistons...and their next two games are on the road against rockets and spurs on a back-to-back

Well, I guess you're right. Cleveland just doesn't impress me. That winning streak they went on was a little bit of a fluke. I just don't think they can keep up that level of play the rest of the season.

EDIT

But they do have LeBron, so you never know.

dirk4mvp
03-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Well, I guess you're right. Cleveland just doesn't impress me. That winning streak they went on was a little bit of a fluke. I just don't think they can keep up that level of play the rest of the season.

EDIT

But they do have LeBron, so you never know.

Let Lebron shoot late in the 4th and we'll be straight. :smokin

Chris Childs
03-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Now that I think about it, if somehow cleveland does take that #1 seed, does that mean Detroit will be in 4th place? Because I think Detroit will be in major trouble if that were to happen. They would have a possibility to face Chicago, Toronto, Washington, or Miami in the first round. That's not good. I would rather face teams like Indiana, New Jersey, Orlando, and my sucky knicks. So yeah, if I'm a pistons fan, I would definately root for the cavs to lose. Everyone wants an easier path to atleast the conference finals.

Marklar MM
03-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Now that I think about it, if somehow cleveland does take that #1 seed, does that mean Detroit will be in 4th place? Because I think Detroit will be in major trouble if that were to happen. They would have a possibility to face Chicago, Toronto, Washington, or Miami in the first round. That's not good. I would rather face teams like Indiana, New Jersey, Orlando, and my sucky knicks. So yeah, if I'm a pistons fan, I would definately root for the cavs to lose. Everyone wants an easier path to atleast the conference finals.

If they finish with the 2nd best record in conference, they will have the 2 seed I do believe. The division winners are only guaranteed a top 4 playoff spot. The four spots go by record.

DarkReign
03-21-2007, 08:38 AM

:tu

himat
03-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Unless a Piston fan has a grudge than they will be rooting for the Mavs..it benefits the Pistons for Cleveland to lose. It's very unrealistic that the Pistons beat out the Mavs for HCA. The Spurs are the only team with a real shot at getting a better record than Dallas and it will be tough for them to pull off too.

u2sarajevo
03-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Unless a Piston fan has a grudge than they will be rooting for the Mavs..it benefits the Pistons for Cleveland to lose. It's very unrealistic that the Pistons beat out the Mavs for HCA. The Spurs are the only team with a real shot at getting a better record than Dallas and it will be tough for them to pull off too.I think the Suns would argue with you there.

The Mavs would have to play under .500 ball the rest of the year for the Spurs to overtake the Mavs. If that's a shot, the gun has Daisy written on the side of it.

Mavzy45
03-21-2007, 06:33 PM
If they finish with the 2nd best record in conference, they will have the 2 seed I do believe. The division winners are only guaranteed a top 4 playoff spot. The four spots go by record.

Unless this is a new rule change this year, if Cleveland passes Detroit in the Central division, then that would make Detroit a 4 seed in the playoffs. I've always thought that was unfair and seeds should be given by records, but I do not know if the NBA has adopted that change yet.

Mavzy

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Mavzy.jpg

schadenfreude52
03-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Unless this is a new rule change this year, if Cleveland passes Detroit in the Central division, then that would make Detroit a 4 seed in the playoffs. I've always thought that was unfair and seeds should be given by records, but I do not know if the NBA has adopted that change yet.

They adopted that change this year because of the mavs-spurs WC semis fiasco.

Mavzy45
03-21-2007, 06:50 PM
They adopted that change this year because of the mavs-spurs WC semis fiasco.

You sir are correct...thanks for setting me straight. I remember discussion about the change but wasn't sure if it included this season...apparently it does! :toast

The NBA is changing the way teams are seeded in the postseason, looking to avoid the controversy that surrounded last season's playoffs.

2005-06 playoff seedings
East West
1. Detroit San Antonio
2. Miami Phoenix
3. New Jersey Denver
4. Cleveland Dallas
5. Washington Memphis
6. Indiana L.A. Clippers
7. Chicago L.A. Lakers
8. Milwaukee Sacramento

Starting in the upcoming season, the top four seeds -- the three division winners and the second-place team with the best record -- will be seeded according to their win-loss total, guaranteeing that the top two teams in each conference can't meet until the conference finals, the league announced Wednesday.

The NBA had given the top three seeds to division winners regardless of record, meaning a second-place team could not do better than the No. 4 seed, even if it had a better record than a division champion.

That rule came under fire last season when division rivals San Antonio and Dallas were forced to meet in the second round of the Western Conference playoffs, even though the second-place Mavericks had a far better record than division champions Phoenix or Denver.

2005-06 playoff seedings
under new format
East West
1. Detroit San Antonio
2. Miami Dallas
3. Cleveland Phoenix
4. New Jersey Denver
5. Washington Memphis
6. Indiana L.A. Clippers
7. Chicago L.A. Lakers
8. Milwaukee Sacrament

Mavzy

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Mavzy.jpg

dallasmavsnfuego214
03-21-2007, 08:18 PM
What makes you think that Cleveland is going to catch Detroit?

because they are 2.5 games back with like 15 more games left. think a little bit.

theres a reason why this thread was intended for Pistons fans only.

and yes, Mavs championships = none, i'll save you some time :lol

G-Money
03-21-2007, 08:26 PM
because they are 2.5 games back with like 15 more games left. think a little bit.

theres a reason why this thread was intended for Pistons fans only.

and yes, Mavs championships = none, i'll save you some time :lol

Knowing the cavs they win win 8 then lose 5.

freedom&justice
03-21-2007, 09:17 PM
I'd have to say Dallas. mavs fans can be annoying, but the mavs themselves don't bother me at all. Lebron does bug me though; big time. Marshall too.

jochhejaam
03-22-2007, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the W against the Cavs.