PDA

View Full Version : Nowitzki Admits Getting Tense in Pressure Situations

monosylab1k
03-21-2007, 10:13 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/19/AR2007031901610.html

Nowitzki Admits Getting Tense in Pressure Situations
Tuesday, March 20, 2007; Page E02

Dallas Mavericks all-star forward Dirk Nowitzki, who is still hearing criticism for his meltdown during a 129-127 double-overtime loss to Phoenix last week, admitted yesterday that he gets tight during pressure situations.

"I think everybody who says they don't get tense, they're lying," Nowitzki said following practice at Dodge Fitness Center on the campus of Columbia University, where the Mavericks were preparing for the Knicks tonight.

"It's big games. You got to find ways to stay loose and relax. I've been doing a decent job of not letting the pressure get to me and still enjoying the moment."

Nowitzki said he took the home loss to Phoenix -- in which Dallas blew a seven-point lead in the final minute -- harder than any regular season defeat.

Nowitzki said he couldn't sleep for two nights because he missed two free throws in the final minute of regulation and jumpers that would have won the game in regulation or forced a third overtime.

"We had it. No way we should've lost that game, but we did because I didn't make the necessary plays," he said. "I guess I'm 28 now, I shouldn't miss a free throw down the stretch. It happens. We're all humans. If we were all machines, the game would be boring. I guess emotions play a factor in a big game like that, and I missed two free throws that were crucial."

He bounced back, however, in the next two games, scoring 19 of his 30 points in the fourth quarter of a 106-101 win over the Celtics on Friday night and going 9 for 12 in the second half to help defeat the Pistons, 92-88, on Sunday.

Nowitzki said he wouldn't shy away from pressure situations in the future. "I love to have the ball at the end of games. That's what it's all about," Nowitzki said. "We all know if you make it, you're the hero. If you miss it, you're the goat. That's the position you have to be comfortable in. I guess I am."

-- Michael Lee

monosylab1k
03-21-2007, 10:15 AM
"We all know if you make it, you're the hero. If you miss it, you're the goat. That's the position you have to be comfortable in. I guess I am."

That "I guess I am" part is what really concerns me as a Mavs fan. Sometimes he seems to love being in pressure situations, other times not at all. Hopefully this changes.

mardigan
03-21-2007, 10:25 AM
I dont think you ever want to hear your leader say this, with how long he has been in the league already, he needs to get past this

ponky
03-21-2007, 10:31 AM
I dont think you ever want to hear your leader say this, with how long he has been in the league already, he needs to get past this

true but then, as much as i've heard other guys like jho refer to dirk as their leader, dirk himself has shied away from such labels. he's even come out and said he doesn't see himself as the leader. i'm fine with it as long as he continues to produce and improve his game. dirk's admittance of this problem doesn't mean he hasn't come through in tense games this season, sometimes he does, other times he doesn't. i don't think his honesty about a problem means anything when it comes to his game and how he approaches a game, it's still the same.

mabber
03-21-2007, 10:39 AM

He's just being honest. Maybe he shouldn't have admitted to it...I don't know? If he's sometimes nervous and still does as well as he does at the end of games (shots & free throws) then most of the other guys in the league must be really nervous. While he's choked a few times, he still comes thru under pressure more times than not. I've seen Duncan not come thru many times yet I don't consider him a choker.

Kermit
03-21-2007, 10:43 AM
he's just being honest. everyone in those types of situations feels the tension and the pressure, whether or not they want to admit it. dirk's made his fair share of game-winning free-throws and jumpers and he'll make more. were i a mavericks fan (which would make me a whiney douchebag by law), there's no one i would rather have taking the last shot than dirk.

mardigan
03-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Well, I guess its only a problem if it affects him wanting to take a shot at the end of the game, because he does need to take those shots. Players like Kobe, Arenas, Wade, and so on, just seem cold blooded at the end of the games with the ball in their hands. Dirk almost reminds me more of Lebron, where it seems like he is taking the shot because everyone expects him to take it, not because he wants to take it. Im not saying he isnt clutch, or that he isnt a fantastic player, because he is. I just wonder if he really has that killer instinct.

mardigan
03-21-2007, 11:18 AM
he's just being honest. everyone in those types of situations feels the tension and the pressure, whether or not they want to admit it. dirk's made his fair share of game-winning free-throws and jumpers and he'll make more. were i a mavericks fan (which would make me a whiney douchebag by law), there's no one i would rather have taking the last shot than dirk.
Me either, maybe Kobe, Nash, Wade or Arenas, but thats about it

monosylab1k
03-21-2007, 11:19 AM
I just wonder if he really has that killer instinct.

The only guys on this team with that killer instinct are Terry and Stackhouse. That's why the Mavs blow so many big leads, they don't really ever finish a team once they have them pinned down.

Kermit
03-21-2007, 11:22 AM
well, yeah...

if they played for the mavs.

if i had a choice of any player in the league and it was a game 5, 6, or 7 type situation i'm forgoing all those guys and giving it to horry.

mardigan
03-21-2007, 11:24 AM
The only guys on this team with that killer instinct are Terry and Stackhouse. That's why the Mavs blow so many big leads, they don't really ever finish a team once they have them pinned down.
It amazes how good of a player Terry turned into in Dallas, to be hinest, I thought he was gona fuck your team up when you got him, but he has become an awesone player for you guys

mabber
03-21-2007, 11:28 AM
It amazes how good of a player Terry turned into in Dallas, to be hinest, I thought he was gona fuck your team up when you got him, but he has become an awesone player for you guys

I had watched him a lot at Arizona and Atlanta and knew he was a fairly clutch shooter but he's turned out better than I anticipated. Avery is really turning him into a decent all-around guard. He & Dirk have that pick and roll down now. Terry almost never misses that shot from the right side of the court when the defenders decide to stay with Dirk.

monosylab1k
03-21-2007, 11:31 AM

I was always a big Jason Terry fan, and at the same time completely despised Antoine Walker....so needless to say, I was jumping for joy on the day that trade was made.

But I never thought Terry would be as valuable as he is...I just figured he'd give us a good 10-15 points a game and that's about it.

LEONARD
03-21-2007, 11:34 AM
This will probably get blown out of proportion by the national media...

Kermit
03-21-2007, 11:36 AM
This will probably get blown out of proportion by the national media...
probably? too late for that.

sandeepgm
03-21-2007, 11:36 AM

If they dont finish a team off, i attribute it to team leadership. I think when the team loses lead, there is no player who gets in their face and demands results. Avery is the only one who does that, in the right way. Dirk as the best player in the team and one who commands most respect, he has to do it more often and in the right way.

Dirk doesnt know how to get in the players face and demand results when we slump. He sure gets frustrated and angry and he also gets in people's faces but not in a positive way but often just critisizing them.

Fromthebleachers
03-21-2007, 11:39 AM
some people use guess as filler. so if you read too much into it, then youre looking for an answer to something where there was no question in the first place. same way anybody use a random phrase just out of reflex and it resulting in confusion.im pretty sure if you asked him point blank, then he say hes more than comfortable in those situations.

But hes right about one thing;
"The only way we can make that change is to get there again. We win 17 in a row, lose one, and people say we're nothing. It doesn't mean we're all of a sudden a team that chokes leads away."
Just because hes missed a few free throws and a few shots in the final ticks of a few games doesnt mean hes a career choker. Its easy to forget what the times he has come through and for how long hes been consistent in pressure situations. Rarely will a player "always" perform perfectly in those situations simply because there are great players that are measured by the same standards on both sides of the ball. You have to tip your hat one way of the other in those games and you just hope that it tips in your favor more often than not. its not a cop out, but its either on eof two things:
1. a function of his personality,
2. a remnant of having nellie as a coach for the first part of his career.

monosylab1k
03-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Dirk doesnt know how to get in the players face and demand results when we slump. He sure gets frustrated and angry and he also gets in people's faces but not in a positive way but often just critisizing them.

Yeah, in the past when Dirk got in a player's face (like he did to Terry a couple years ago in the playoffs) it seems like it was more to berate them for fucking up, and not to try and push them to do better. And of course he took alot of heat for doing it, so now he goes overboard to not ever get in a teammate's face, which is also not good. He's figuring out how to be a leader but he's still got a little ways to go.

Fromthebleachers
03-21-2007, 11:47 AM
being a leader isnt just getting in someones face or yelling at players when they dont perform. It can be a subtle comment, or sowing someone how to overcome a difficulty but never has being a leader encompass nothing but vocal bertaing and theatrics. Being a leader is "translating intention into reality and sustaining it with action and behavior". he And he does that better than most and hes consistent with it and thats why this team is as successfull. It starts with 41 and ends with 41. people can say what they want, but this team follows the example of the big german.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-21-2007, 12:03 PM
"I love to have the ball at the end of games. That's what it's all about," Nowitzki said. "We all know if you make it, you're the hero. If you miss it, you're the goat. That's the position you have to be comfortable in. I guess I am."

:tu. Dirk's POV is correct.
Even after his expressive anger bouts (The bicycle, media baits)
I still have somewhat of respect for his attitude as a player and his love of the game.

Yeah, in the past when Dirk got in a player's face (like he did to Terry a couple years ago in the playoffs) it seems like it was more to berate them for fucking up, and not to try and push them to do better. And of course he took alot of heat for doing it, so now he goes overboard to not ever get in a teammate's face, which is also not good. He's figuring out how to be a leader but he's still got a little ways to go.

I'd say Dirk could stand a little self-control (a personality issue I'm thinking) in front of the cameras. But it's mostly competitive anger if anything. Michael Jordan got in people's grills. Some leaders do that depending on their competitiveness. The only difference is Dirk let the media play it up, wherein now he's looked at as this "bad leader" and what not.

Which sucks, because Lebron did the same thing in the playoffs telling I forget who it was the player that looks like "Ludacris" to stop laughing at one of his blunders during the game. In a pissed off manner. And the commentators. "THAT RIGHT THERE IS JORDANESQUE!"

While Dirk does admonishes a player similarly (whether Terry or Dampier for flubbing a play.) Instead of noting his competitiveness, they zoom in on his face. Color commentator: "uh...Dirk's been known to have anger management problems in the past. Sad day. Sad day for basketball."

But yeah as for the Bicycle thing, Dirk really fucked up. Because he could have at least waited to go to the locker room to punch things. A Lot of players do it after losses. But national t.v. at primetime, Dirk was probably really aware he had to stop being so angrily expressive. :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
03-21-2007, 12:14 PM
I agree with what ManuTim said in regards to Dirk's POV

The thing is, Duncan has missed several clutch shots over his career (end of game 5 against detroit in 2005, end of game 7 against dallas, even if people do want to say he was fouled but whatever its the end of a game 7)

I even remember during games 3-6 of the 2005 finals people were saying duncan's stature in history would be diminished if he didn't show up in the finals with a complete disregard to what he did for the team in 1999 and 2005 (though admittedly I was amongst the doubters)

So my point is, I think when Dirk does miss clutch shots now and again it's amazing how harsh people are to jump on him. It's almost a shame that people will arguably think of the last year's finals and probably the phoenix game as oppose to what he did against san antonio in round 2 last year, or the many many occasions he's gotten his team a basket in clutch situations. I may not be a fan of Cuban, Stackhouse, or Terry but when it comes to Dirk I really admire his will to win.

And that's really all you can ask out of a player, is to show some heart.

So while I might cringe seeing Cuban's smug face hoisting the Larry O'brien trophy I will sure as hell know that Dirk earned it when it comes to his ring.

ambchang
03-21-2007, 12:18 PM
People, in general, gets affected greatly by the media. Jordan and Lebron are great with the media, Dirk isn't. So the media looks for something subjective and twist it in a way that makes Dirk looks bad.
They did it with Russell, they did it with Jabbar, and they did it with Barkley and Bird for a while.
A few years later, when Dirk has earned that untouchable status, the media will be off his back.

mardigan
03-21-2007, 12:21 PM
People, in general, gets affected greatly by the media. Jordan and Lebron are great with the media, Dirk isn't. So the media looks for something subjective and twist it in a way that makes Dirk looks bad.
They did it with Russell, they did it with Jabbar, and they did it with Barkley and Bird for a while.
A few years later, when Dirk has earned that untouchable status, the media will be off his back.
Yea, all he needs to do is hit a couple more big shots at the end of big games (like last year against the Spurs), and the media will have to shut up

mabber
03-21-2007, 12:25 PM
I agree with what ManuTim said in regards to Dirk's POV

The thing is, Duncan has missed several clutch shots over his career (end of game 5 against detroit in 2005, end of game 7 against dallas, even if people do want to say he was fouled but whatever its the end of a game 7)

I even remember during games 3-6 of the 2005 finals people were saying duncan's stature in history would be diminished if he didn't show up in the finals with a complete disregard to what he did for the team in 1999 and 2005 (though admittedly I was amongst the doubters)

So my point is, I think when Dirk does miss clutch shots now and again it's amazing how harsh people are to jump on him. It's almost a shame that people will arguably think of the last year's finals and probably the phoenix game as oppose to what he did against san antonio in round 2 last year, or the many many occasions he's gotten his team a basket in clutch situations. I may not be a fan of Cuban, Stackhouse, or Terry but when it comes to Dirk I really admire his will to win.

And that's really all you can ask out of a player, is to show some heart.

So while I might cringe seeing Cuban's smug face hoisting the Larry O'brien trophy I will sure as hell know that Dirk earned it when it comes to his ring.

For the most part, it comes down to people disliking Cuban so they take it out on Mav players (in this case Dirk). Many fans just don't like the Mavs because of Cuban so their failures will be pointed out more than the failures of other players/teams. That's just the way it is and will be as long as Cuban is the owner. Not much I can do about it so I don't worry about it.

At least you have the intelligence to be able to separate Dirk from Cuban. Most fans aren't capable or, more likely, don't want to.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-21-2007, 12:28 PM
For the most part, it comes down to people disliking Cuban so they take it out on Mav players (in this case Dirk). Many fans just don't like the Mavs because of Cuban so their failures will be pointed out more than the failures of other players/teams. That's just the way it is and will be as long as Cuban is the owner. Not much I can do about it so I don't worry about it.

At least you have the intelligence to be able to separate Dirk from Cuban. Most fans aren't capable or, more likey, don't want to.

There's a blog on ESPN about Cuban's influence over the refs (for the worst)

You've probably read it but here it is anyway....

Stack: Cuban doesn't speak for Mavs

New York Daily News columnist Filip Bondy couldn't decide whether he wanted to kiss Dirk's butt or take shots at Mark Cuban, so Bondy did some of both in his column.

Here's the juicy stuff on "the rich, loud-mouthed Mark Cuban":

... mostly people know the Mavericks for somebody else, for Cuban and his quotes. From long distance here in New York, Cuban looks like a great owner. He is not Jim Dolan and his team is winning a great number of games.

But if you talk to the players, they don't sound so thrilled with the man. Cuban has hijacked the national headlines. Sometimes it seems he is doing so at the expense of Nowitzki and his teammates. He is like George Steinbrenner, when The Boss was younger and at his Bossiest. A couple of the Mavericks worry that Cuban is coloring the perception of this team. Whenever Cuban screams about a call, the players somehow end up sounding like the chronic complainers.

"We don't want to give people the impression we're a whining team," Jerry Stackhouse says. "[Cuban] can be a distraction if you look at it that way. He's always going to be like that. He's not speaking for us. He's just like the fan in the 10th row. Some things are out of our control. Sometimes it does carry over.

We made a conscious decision as a team to lay off the refs."

mabber
03-21-2007, 12:33 PM
There's a blog on ESPN about Cuban's influence over the refs (for the worst)

You've probably read it but here it is anyway....

Stack: Cuban doesn't speak for Mavs

New York Daily News columnist Filip Bondy couldn't decide whether he wanted to kiss Dirk's butt or take shots at Mark Cuban, so Bondy did some of both in his column.

Here's the juicy stuff on "the rich, loud-mouthed Mark Cuban":

... mostly people know the Mavericks for somebody else, for Cuban and his quotes. From long distance here in New York, Cuban looks like a great owner. He is not Jim Dolan and his team is winning a great number of games.

But if you talk to the players, they don't sound so thrilled with the man. Cuban has hijacked the national headlines. Sometimes it seems he is doing so at the expense of Nowitzki and his teammates. He is like George Steinbrenner, when The Boss was younger and at his Bossiest. A couple of the Mavericks worry that Cuban is coloring the perception of this team. Whenever Cuban screams about a call, the players somehow end up sounding like the chronic complainers.

"We don't want to give people the impression we're a whining team," Jerry Stackhouse says. "[Cuban] can be a distraction if you look at it that way. He's always going to be like that. He's not speaking for us. He's just like the fan in the 10th row. Some things are out of our control. Sometimes it does carry over.

We made a conscious decision as a team to lay off the refs."

Yeah, it's difficult on the Mav players as they can't really say exactly what they want to about Cuban since he pays them. I think Only Dirk & Stack have said things negatively about him (maybe Terry). It's his team so what can players and fans really do about it? Obviously, he truely believes that what he does doesn't have a negative affect. He wants to win more than anything, but I just don't get why everyone else but him sees the problem with how he goes about a lot of things.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-21-2007, 12:36 PM
I think as far as Cuban is concerned,

"if it ain't broke, why fix it?"

In hindsight, he is almost like "the ultimate fan"

I'm annoyed with him and his immaturity BUT I can't argue with how much he's helped the franchise.

I remember there used to be some beef between him and Nellie, especially when Cuban always wanted to be practically in the huddle during timeouts.

I'm just waiting for Avery to just snap on Cuban one day and force him to go watch games from the owner's box :lol

Fromthebleachers
03-21-2007, 12:38 PM
people and cuban omg. here we go again. if you like the team you like the team. I never heard of anyone not buy microsoft products because they dont like bill gates, or not uying something simply because of the management. if you like something you like something, but to not like something just because the owner isnt your idea of what a typical NBA owner should be is crazy. Sure hes not like everyone else, but thats what makes him unique. That whats makes him different and thats whats made him successfull. He hasnt been in the business for very long so hes going to have his pitfalls and his mistakes. but will everyone agree that this year has been different? and yet people still find a way to run a knife in the back just because they try to think, "well hes just being quiet because theyre winning". please. hes a fan just like everybody else so dont go parading on changing someone just because it doesnt quit you. for the thousands that may hate him, theres thousands that love him and what hes doing for the team, this city, and for everything else hes a part of. so you and everybody else can shove your critisism back where it came from and be glad you have a greta team this this godforsaken professionally talent riden city as of late.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-21-2007, 12:41 PM
people and cuban omg. here we go again. if you like the team you like the team. I never heard of anyone not buy microsoft products because they dont like bill gates, or not uying something simply because of the management. if you like something you like something, but to not like something just because the owner isnt your idea of what a typical NBA owner should be is crazy. Sure hes not like everyone else, but thats what makes him unique. That whats makes him different and thats whats made him successfull. He hasnt been in the business for very long so hes going to have his pitfalls and his mistakes. but will everyone agree that this year has been different? and yet people still find a way to run a knife in the back just because they try to think, "well hes just being quiet because theyre winning". please. hes a fan just like everybody else so dont go parading on changing someone just because it doesnt quit you. for the thousands that may hate him, theres thousands that love him and what hes doing for the team, this city, and for everything else hes a part of. so you and everybody else can shove your critisism back where it came from and be glad you have a greta team this this godforsaken professionally talent riden city as of late.

- Mark Cuban's Assistant

mabber
03-21-2007, 12:43 PM
I think as far as Cuban is concerned,

"if it ain't broke, why fix it?"

In hindsight, he is almost like "the ultimate fan"

I'm annoyed with him and his immaturity BUT I can't argue with how much he's helped the franchise.

I remember there used to be some beef between him and Nellie, especially when Cuban always wanted to be practically in the huddle during timeouts.

I'm just waiting for Avery to just snap on Cuban one day and force him to go watch games from the owner's box :lol

Cuban did mention recently that he would have never hired Avery if he hadn't been on the floor seeing how the players reacted/responded to him when he was an assistant to Nellie.

Fromthebleachers
03-21-2007, 12:43 PM
hater...

monosylab1k
03-21-2007, 12:46 PM
With Cuban, you take the good with the bad. And the good definitely outweighs the bad.

And, I don't think there is, but IF there is a real bias among the officials and the league's front office against the Mavericks because of Cuban, then that's a serious league problem that tears at the very fabric of the game.

mardigan
03-21-2007, 12:49 PM
He hasnt been different this year still pulls the same shit, yelling and screaming like a baby on the sidelines, bullying refs, and just recently pushing a camera out of his face after a game,wearing offensive shirts about San Antonio at the hime Spur games, he will never change. And as far as your assesment that people wont stop liking the product just because of the managment, ask Lions fans about that. Yes he has turned that franchise around, and has done great things for the city of Dallas, but dont act like this guy is some angel. He is a big fucking baby, and pretty much the biggest reason most Spur fans hate the Mavs so much.

mardigan
03-21-2007, 12:50 PM
With Cuban, you take the good with the bad. And the good definitely outweighs the bad.

And, I don't think there is, but IF there is a real bias among the officials and the league's front office against the Mavericks because of Cuban, then that's a serious league problem that tears at the very fabric of the game.
There should be a bias when the guy threatens their jobs and is constantly looking over their shoulder, if you had someone like that at your work you probably would be a little biased about him as well

monosylab1k
03-21-2007, 12:58 PM
There should be a bias when the guy threatens their jobs and is constantly looking over their shoulder, if you had someone like that at your work you probably would be a little biased about him as well

So when somebody criticizes you for doing a crappy job, you respond by doing that job even worse just to piss him off?

mardigan
03-21-2007, 01:04 PM
So when somebody criticizes you for doing a crappy job, you respond by doing that job even worse just to piss him off?
But he doesnt just respond to the guys that do a crappy job, he makes threats throughout. You dont think it would be harder to do your job if some rich asshole is sitting there reminding you constantly that you better not make any bad calls?

Fillmoe
03-21-2007, 01:05 PM
the mavericks leader is soft as double d's....... has no heart, and doesn't want to take clutch shots...... but i bet money he keeps beating up on exercise bikes

ambchang
03-21-2007, 01:07 PM
people and cuban omg. here we go again. if you like the team you like the team. I never heard of anyone not buy microsoft products because they dont like bill gates, or not uying something simply because of the management.
You have forgotten about the Hornets already?

monosylab1k
03-21-2007, 01:07 PM
But he doesnt just respond to the guys that do a crappy job, he makes threats throughout. You dont think it would be harder to do your job if some rich asshole is sitting there reminding you constantly that you better not make any bad calls?

Yeah that's true. But I guess it's easy to be biased against one rich asshole (Cuban) when you have the blessing of another rich asshole (Stern).

phyzik
03-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Yeah that's true. But I guess it's easy to be biased against one rich asshole (Cuban) when you have the blessing of another rich asshole (Stern).

Cuban can shut his mouth..... problem solved.... its that simple, I promise. :spin

LEONARD
03-21-2007, 01:25 PM
the mavericks leader is soft as double d's....... has no heart, and doesn't want to take clutch shots...... but i bet money he keeps beating up on exercise bikes

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Wow... :donkey

Fromthebleachers
03-21-2007, 01:54 PM
He hasnt been different this year still pulls the same shit, yelling and screaming like a baby on the sidelines, bullying refs, and just recently pushing a camera out of his face after a game,wearing offensive shirts about San Antonio at the hime Spur games, he will never change. And as far as your assesment that people wont stop liking the product just because of the managment, ask Lions fans about that. Yes he has turned that franchise around, and has done great things for the city of Dallas, but dont act like this guy is some angel. He is a big fucking baby, and pretty much the biggest reason most Spur fans hate the Mavs so much.
thats just about every fan of every major sports franchise in history. And thats just what Mark is... a fan. Where does it outline the protocol for conduct as an owner? Obviously theres hundreds of thousands of Mavs fans out there that could care less about how Marks runs things as long as the team is successfull and is entertaining. Hey for all that people hate Kobe for, you think they still hate him? Please...as long as youre doing your job the rest is just material.

Fromthebleachers
03-21-2007, 02:00 PM
this from a excremento fan. so named from a rather unpopular character on southpark. hes about as soft as the push cushion sad sack kings. theyre so busy bending over that i dont think there'd be enough testosterone left in ron artest to bring those guys back straight.

Fromthebleachers
03-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Cuban can shut his mouth..... problem solved.... its that simple, I promise. :spin
so can either of us, but i promise neither would happen. :nope

Fromthebleachers
03-21-2007, 02:14 PM
I bet Mark Cuban is kicking himself for letting the now 2-time MVP walk away. Seems as if all he cares about is saving a few dollars.

With that said, even with Nash, they can't stop former slam dunk champion Brent Barry and the San Antonio Spurs.
? Why would he be kicking himself? The team is better without. And for the moment the deal has worked out well. At the time a lot of people did think that that move seemed like the right move so why would he be kicking himself for making a solid business decision? He didnt want to sign an aging point guard that was lacking in what he wanted to build this team around, and thats defense. Especially to a multi year deal with guaranteed monies. so i applaud him for that. The team is a better one as a result, and steve has yet to take phx to the next level. for what its worth, he is what hes been here in dallas, with better bullets. Its takes a little something to let go what had been working to build something that could work even better. If you want to talk about saving dollars, look to your own team of aging veterans.

Borat Sagdiyev
03-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Is Dirk Nowitzki jew?

stretch
03-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Is Dirk Nowitzki jew?
:lmao

mavsfan1000
03-21-2007, 03:15 PM
I bet Mark Cuban is kicking himself for letting the now 2-time MVP walk away. Seems as if all he cares about is saving a few dollars.

With that said, even with Nash, they can't stop former slam dunk champion Brent Barry and the San Antonio Spurs.
Now all we need is a Ric Bucher alias. lol

dirk4mvp
03-21-2007, 03:30 PM

Maybe you didn't read the part he says he wants the ball at the end of games. :donkey

Fillmoe
03-21-2007, 04:12 PM
maybe i didnt read any part? did you think of that one

dirk4mvp
03-21-2007, 04:14 PM
So you just made up the part where you said he doesn't want to take clutch shotws?

Fillmoe
03-21-2007, 04:46 PM
are you implying that i made something up?

dg7md
03-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Dirk is more clutch than LeBron.

nkdlunch
03-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Dirk is more clutch than LeBron.

Beno is more clutch than LeBron

dirk4mvp
03-21-2007, 06:07 PM

Well, you said he doesn't want to take clutch shot, which he does, so yeah I'm implying that you made something up.

Fromthebleachers
03-22-2007, 07:52 AM
john holmes was clutch in the bedroom

johngateswhiteley
03-22-2007, 08:13 AM
He's just being honest. Maybe he shouldn't have admitted to it...I don't know? If he's sometimes nervous and still does as well as he does at the end of games (shots & free throws) then most of the other guys in the league must be really nervous. While he's choked a few times, he still comes thru under pressure more times than not. I've seen Duncan not come thru many times yet I don't consider him a choker.

but dirk sucks.

LEONARD
03-22-2007, 08:24 AM

You're obviously just trolling...

endrity
03-22-2007, 12:43 PM
but dirk sucks.

so is this guy

Fillmoe
03-22-2007, 12:44 PM
You're obviously just trolling...

leoooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrd ddddddddddddddddddd

stop lying

Dirk Nowitzki
03-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Who doesnt get tensed in pressure situations? Dirk is a human like everyone else. It comes down to how much he lets the pressure get to his head. It is all mental. Dirk will be fine when the playoffs roll around this time. He will be ready for anything thrown at him.

bdictjames
03-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Nash is just more aggressive than Dirk. End of story. But one game shouldn't decide who's gonna be MVP this year.

Fromthebleachers
03-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Nash is a POINT GUARD. of course he has more control, hes a ball handler and he has more options.

mabber
03-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Nash is a POINT GUARD. of course he has more control, hes a ball handler and he has more options.

Exactly. Saying Nash is more aggressive than Dirk is like saying Parker is more aggressive than Duncan. Of course he is, he's running the offense and has control of the ball most of the time.