PDA

View Full Version : Mission Drive-In Season Canceled...

sa_butta
03-21-2007, 05:11 PM
The Mission Drive-In has canceled its upcoming season due to vandalism

The outdoor theater, the only of its kind in San Antonio, was scheduled to open during spring break.

But extensive damage to projectors, computers, the theater's sound system, the concession stand and the office caused Santikos Theaters officials to close the curtain to the season.

Santikos Theater officials have yet to determine if vandalism to the four-screen theater will close it for good.

The decision to cancel the season came as a disappointment for fans like Jessica Hernandez, who said she has watched movies at the theater since she was a little girl.

"We always came here, me and my sister," Hernandez said. "It's like a family night."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ksat/20070321/lo_ksat/11317157

2centsworth
03-21-2007, 05:13 PM
I liked that theatre and would go every once in a while.

Mixability
03-21-2007, 05:13 PM
I went to see Snakes on a Plane last year and the guys at the door let us know that this was the last season, so I don't see why its a surprise now.

jman3000
03-21-2007, 05:25 PM
I've been there once. It was a double feature and we saw Mortal Kombat... and... Congo?

midgetonadonkey
03-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Dammit. That's the only theater I like. :pctoss

Where else can you take in a 12 pack and drink throughout the movie? :pctoss

Willinsa
03-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Damn hoodlums screwed up the drive-in.

atxrocker
03-21-2007, 07:01 PM
i had no idea there was a drive in at all in san antonio. woulda liked to catch a flick there. i remember going to see some movies in california at a drive in, it was awesome. i saw howard the duck there (what a piece of shit movie) are there any others in the state still open?

TheTruth
03-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Saw Eddie (whit whoopi) and Judge Dredd there.

That was shitty night of movies.

2centsworth
03-21-2007, 07:08 PM
first movie I ever went to in SA was at the Drive-In. One of my very first memories of this town. We saw Up in smoke and Blues Brothers.

mardigan
03-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Dammit. That's the only theater I like. :pctoss

Where else can you take in a 12 pack and drink throughout the movie? :pctoss
Alamo Draft House (without the bringing your own booze part)

exstatic
03-21-2007, 07:16 PM
I went to see Snakes on a Plane last year and the guys at the door let us know that this was the last season, so I don't see why its a surprise now.
I'll be their insurance company would be interested in that info. :p:

atxrocker
03-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Alamo Draft House (without the bringing your own booze part)

alamo kicks ass and i enjoy seeing movies there, they are just way overpriced. great place for a flick, a pitcher and some good food if you got the cash though.

Melmart1
03-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Man, we used to go on carload nights. $5 for as many people as you could squish into the car, for two flicks. Being Mexican, you konw we could fit some people into even the smallest car. Good times...

midgetonadonkey
03-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Fuck the Drafthouse. Last season I took a 12 pack of Bud in there and a box of chicken and probably spent a fraction of what I would've spent at the fucking Drafthouse. :pctoss

SequSpur
03-22-2007, 12:04 AM
take a chick with a big purse and you can take some drink in with you.

NASpurs
03-22-2007, 12:15 AM
I used to go there all the time. Always smelled like piss. I bet all the people who drank beer there, used to piss outside.

Mr. Black
03-22-2007, 12:55 AM
It seemed like every season for the past five years they've been talking about closing it. I guess no more tailgate lounge chair good ole time.

Mixability
03-22-2007, 01:29 AM
It seemed like every season for the past five years they've been talking about closing it. I guess no more tailgate lounge chair good ole time.

Yeah, we've all been pretty prepared for its closing for a while now. It was getting extremely trashy, even compared to its old trashy self.

MEMORIES....

Had my first everclear and punch there.

:depressed

shelshor
03-22-2007, 02:19 AM
Joe Bob Briggs weeps

i had no idea there was a drive in at all in san antonio. woulda liked to catch a flick there. i remember going to see some movies in california at a drive in, it was awesome. i saw howard the duck there (what a piece of shit movie) are there any others in the state still open?

If you don't mind the drive, the SkyVue in Lamesa is still open
Saw the 10 Commandments, among others, there from the back seat of my parents' car

gameFACE
03-22-2007, 01:23 PM
^Where's Lamesa

I hope there’s still a chance for the Mission. I think I saw the original Planet of the Apes there.

shelshor
03-22-2007, 02:20 PM
^Where's Lamesa ....

It's about 60 miles south of Lubbock
From San Antonio just get on US 87 northbound and drive all day--if you get to O'Donnell, you've gone too far and need to turn around