PDA

View Full Version : Now for the Real Story on that Marine

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 10:39 AM
http://powerlineblog.com/archives/008650.php I want to pass on this email from a Marine in the 11th MEU:

This is one story of many that people normally don't hear, and one that everyone does.

This is one most don't hear:
A young Marine and his cover man cautiously enter a room just recently filled with insurgents armed with Ak-47's and RPG's. There are three dead, another wailing in pain. The insurgent can be heard saying, "Mister, mister! Diktoor, diktoor(doctor)!" He is badly wounded, lying in a pool of his own blood. The Marine and his cover man slowly walk toward the injured man, scanning to make sure no enemies come from behind. In a split second, the pressure in the room greatly exceeds that of the outside, and the concussion seems to be felt before the blast is heard. Marines outside rush to the room, and look in horror as the dust gradually settles. The result is a room filled with the barely recognizable remains of the deceased, caused by an insurgent setting off several pounds of explosives.

The Marines' remains are gathered by teary eyed comrades, brothers in arms, and shipped home in a box. The families can only mourn over a casket and a picture of their loved one, a life cut short by someone who hid behind a white flag.

But no one hears these stories, except those who have lived to carry remains of a friend, and the families who loved the dead. No one hears this, so no one cares.

This is the story everyone hears:

(I bet you did not hear THIS part of the story in the following paragraph, in the news)

A young Marine and his fire team cautiously enter a room just recently filled with insurgents armed with AK-47's and RPG's. There are three dead, another wailing in pain. The insugent can be heard saying, "Mister, mister! Diktoor, diktoor(doctor)!" He is badly wounded. Suddenly, he pulls from under his bloody clothes a grenade, without the pin. The explosion rocks the room, killing one Marine, wounding the others. The young Marine catches shrapnel in the face.

The next day, same Marine, same type of situation, a different story. The young Marine and his cover man enter a room with two wounded insurgents. One lies on the floor in puddle of blood, another against the wall. A reporter and his camera survey the wreckage inside, and in the background can be heard the voice of a Marine, "He's moving, he's moving!"

The pop of a rifle is heard, and the insurgent against the wall is now dead. Minutes, hours later, the scene is aired on national television, and the Marine is being held for committing a war crime. Unlawful killing.

And now, another Marine has the possibility of being burned at the stake for protecting the life of his brethren. His family now wrings their hands in grief, tears streaming down their face. Brother, should I have been in your boots, I too would have done the same.

For those of you who don't know, we Marines, Band of Brothers, Jarheads, Leathernecks, etc., do not fight because we think it is right, or think it is wrong. We are here for the man to our left, and the man to our right. We choose to give our lives so that the man or woman next to us can go home and see their husbands, wives, children, friends and families.

For those of you who sit on your couches in front of your television, and choose to condemn this man's actions, I have but one thing to say to you. Get out of your recliner, lace up your boots, pick up a rifle, leave your family behind and join me. See what I've seen, walk where I have walked. To those of you who support us, my sincerest gratitude. You keep us alive.

I am a Marine currently doing his second tour in Iraq. These are my opinions and mine alone. They do not represent those of the Marine Corps or of the US military, or any other.

sbsquared
11-18-2004, 11:03 AM
I hope this makes the rounds on the internet all across this great country. People need to know the real story - not just what the liberal, biased media is portraying.

God bless that young Marine and God bless his family!

JoeChalupa
11-18-2004, 11:08 AM
Damn I get tired of hearing "liberal" this and "liberal" that.

Semper Fi!!!!

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 11:17 AM
:rolleyes

The trouble with this story is that, first of all, knowing Hookdem and his 'sources' it's probably not real, and second of all Marines had disarmed the wounded 5 prisoners in the mosque and left them there for a rear company to pick up later.

Nice try though.

Useruser666
11-18-2004, 11:22 AM

The trouble with this story is that, first of all, knowing Hookdem and his 'sources' it's probably not real, and second of all Marines had disarmed the wounded 5 prisoners in the mosque and left them there for a rear company to pick up later.

Nice try though.

Hook, Dan has got you there. If anyone knows about "sources" it's him. Next time try and verify your articles by posting links from sites like www.closetnutjobs.com .

EDIT: I hope that's not a real link I just posted!

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 11:22 AM

Nice try though.
Unlike you Dan, there is a link above. Written by a Marine who was there. If I'm not mistaken, you were safely in the America at the time bashing the very ones who protect you. Again, your "opinion" is all you have to go on. :flipoff

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 11:29 AM
Unlike you Dan, there is a link above. Written by a Marine who was there. If I'm not mistaken, you were safely in the America at the time bashing the very ones who protect you. Again, your "opinion" is all you have to go on.

Yeah, this 'Marine' is probably in the same Marine company as Gopher-George. Who still hasn't fully explained why he was only in Afghanistan for less than 3 months even though we only have 15,000 troops there and the Taliban are making a come-back.

Fuck you Hookdem, you don't give a shit about our troops.

JoeChalupa
11-18-2004, 11:32 AM
He's a Marine and that's what matter to me.

11-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Amen to that Joe.

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 11:35 AM
He's a Marine and that's what matter to me

Who's a Marine joe? This is the web. He could be a fat pizza-eating, beer-guzzling old man like Hookdem for all we know.

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 11:36 AM

Yeah, this 'Marine' is probably in the same Marine company as Gopher-George. Who still hasn't fully explained why he was only in Afghanistan for less than 3 months even though we only have 15,000 troops there and the Taliban are making a come-back.

I served in the Armed Forces and I am proud of that. Unlike you, I don't log on here to spew hatred and distort facts. What have you ever done for this great country except spread dissention and hatred? Unlike you, I don't paint our troops as "murderers of civilians". I support them. And then you you have the audacity to say I don't give a shit about them. May you rot in Hell Benedict Arnold! :flipoff

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 11:38 AM
I served in the Armed Forces and I am proud of that. Unlike you, I don't log on here to spew hatred and distort facts. What have you ever done for this great country except spread dissention and hatred? Unlike you, I don't paint our troops as "murderers of civilians". I support them. And then you you have the audacity to say I don't give a shit about them. May you rot in Hell Benedict Arnold!

The Civil war was along time ago Hookdem, and that wasn't really the 'Armed Forces' at the time. Call me what you want I can take it as well as I can give it. The next time you post a credible source to one of your stories will be the first time.

JoeChalupa
11-18-2004, 11:38 AM
Who's a Marine joe? This is the web. He could be a fat pizza-eating, beer-guzzling old man like Hookdem for all we know.

Well, I'll give the benefit of the doubt to a Marine anyday of the week.

Sometimes it is hard to understand.

Marcus Bryant
11-18-2004, 11:43 AM
This message is hidden because Nbadan is on your ignore list.

:smokin

The only sane way to read this forum. I suggest my fellow posters join me in enjoying the FSP Political Forum without the lunatic. Go to your control panel and then locate on the left side the "Buddy / Ignore Lists" link. Send the poor bastard off to the padded room where no one will hear his cries...

Dan will never "get it" Joe.

He's a 10%er.

Hook Dem
You don't even know me. How do you arrive at the conclusion that I'm a "fat pizza-eating, beer guzzling old man"? It's true that I'm older than you. Anyone with any common sense can see that it's your inexperienced youth talking. You have nothing but "the old man" card to pull put. If that is your best shot, you will sink faster than a turd in quicksand. Tell you what...name the time and place and this"old man" will meet you and whip your ass. Wanna do that? Didn't think so! Why don't you do this board a favor and take a hike. :lol

Useruser666
11-18-2004, 11:46 AM
http://www.rleeermey.com/images/ainspection.gif

What's your malfunction Dan?!!!

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 11:47 AM
I have an Idea, lets take a poll and see which regular readers in this forum have myself on their ignore list and which posters have MB on their ignore list. That should help clear up MB's thoughts about his self-importance in this forum.

gophergeorge
11-18-2004, 11:49 AM

Ok Fuckstick....

One, as much as I would LOVE to be a Marine, I am in YOUR Air Force. We do things a little different in the Air Force. Our deployments are NORMALLY 90 day rotations... you see Jackass, we tend to deploy in smaller groups, not in whole platoons (flights) or units (be it Wings, Groups or Squadrons). I was lucky enough to be the last of the "90 Day" rotations. The remaining are 120 days. Having said that, my LAST deployment was for 179 days. So, shove that up your ass. And to educate your ignorant mind... NORMAL, repeat, NORMAL rotations are: US Army - One year. USMC - 6 Months, US Navy - 4 months.

And the Taliban are making a comeback? They are done. They shot their wad with their "vote and die" threats.... The elections went off... They have a democratically elected government....

Nbadan
Tell you what...name the time and place and this"old man" will meet you and whip your ass. Wanna do that? Didn't think so! Why don't you do this board a favor and take a hike

Hookdem, I'm a 6'5, 280 pounds former college football player. All I have to do is sit on you.

Marcus Bryant

What? Sorry, can't hear you. Something again from DU? Sorry, not interested. :smokin

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 11:52 AM
And the Taliban are making a comeback? They are done. They shot their wad with their "vote and die" threats.... The elections went off... They have a democratically elected government....

Yeah, lets see Omar Muhammed, still out there. Osama bin Laden, still out there. Zarqawi, still out there. Hey, nice job pilot!

Marcus Bryant
11-18-2004, 11:55 AM

Yes, your act is tired and it's time for you to go. You've already established that you are a loon to everyone here and if they knew what I know they'd really think you are a nutjob. Be gone.

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 11:56 AM
Hookdem, I'm a 6'5, 280 pounds former college football player. All I have to do is sit on you.
And you call me fat ass? :lol

Useruser666
11-18-2004, 11:58 AM

:lol

samikeyp
11-18-2004, 12:01 PM
Then Dan, if you can take him....meet him. See people like you are cowards. You sit behind the internet like the little kid who shouts insults standing behind big brother. If all you have to do is sit on him...prove it.

JoeChalupa
11-18-2004, 12:06 PM
I don't have anybody on my ignore list because I like to read all sides of the issues not matter how far to the left or right they are.
I'm like a Fox...fair and balanced. :)

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Then Dan, if you can take him....meet him. See people like you are cowards. You sit behind the internet like the little kid who shouts insults standing behind big brother. If all you have to do is sit on him...prove it.

My, my, another NeoCon advocating senseless violence. Why am I not surprised?

Mikey, you have completely lost any sense of realily. Go back to the Spurs forum and talk nonsense.

Marcus Bryant
11-18-2004, 12:11 PM

Give it a try. :smokin

JoeChalupa
11-18-2004, 12:12 PM
No thanks. I'm open minded.

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 12:12 PM
http://tinypic.com/mj41y

samikeyp
11-18-2004, 12:13 PM
labels...I had you more evolved than that Dan, guess I was wrong. You are just pissed because I am right.

Oh and I thought you were going to shut me up? Noticed you still haven't backed that up.

Marcus Bryant
11-18-2004, 12:14 PM
No thanks. I'm open minded.

The wind whistles through, no doubt.

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 12:15 PM
Dan...is this you? http://tinypic.com/mj43l

whottt
11-18-2004, 12:15 PM
Dan, you're evil...it's time you woke up and realized it. You do not stand with progressives...you stand with barbarians. You stand with those who do not value education or human rights, you stand with those who target and murder civillians, you stand with those that, at the risk of sounding cliched, hate the freedoms you gorge yourself on here in this country. You stand with those that opress women, that are true racists. You stand with those that despise gay and minority rights. You stand with the forces of chaos, the forces of entropy and decay. You stand with those who want to drag humanity backwards, who do drag it backwards....You are not willing to fight against anything but strength, even though in this case the stronger side is the more righteous side.

Open your eyes old son and take a good long look in the mirror and then ask yourself how you can possibly hope to say you stand for anything you claim to stand for, with any credibility, due to the alliances and causes you have taken up, merely to attack the Republican Party.

You sir, are a man moving backwards, in all directions...quickly. War isn't the greatest evil in the world...ambivalence is...and you embrace it...with a fanatical fervor.

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 12:16 PM
labels...I had you more evolved than that Dan, guess I was wrong. You are just pissed because I am right.

Oh and I thought you were going to shut me up? Noticed you still haven't backed that up

What labels Mikey? You proven over and over again for the last few weeks that your nothing because you bring nothing factual to the forum. Opinions are worth what you pay for them.

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 12:18 PM
"Opinions are worth what you pay for them." ...........................You should heed your own advice Dan!

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 12:20 PM
Open your eyes old son and take a good long look in the mirror and then ask yourself how you can possibly hope to say you stand for anything you claim to stand for, with any credibility, due to the alliances and causes you have taken up merely to attack the Republican Party.

Fuck you Whott. What the hell do you stand for? Killing innocent women and children? For what? Pray tell what good is going to be accomplished in the long run by bombing Mosul, Fallujah, and the rest of Iraq?

It's time Republicans look at themselves in the mirror and realize that all this moral value bullshit they have been spouting is just a big lie. You are no more moral than the hijackers who flew those planes into the WTC and Pentagon on 911.

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 12:22 PM
You should heed your own advice Dan!

I do Hookdem. Take what I am telling you as you will. I have no more time for the partisan bullshit your elk stand behind in every argument.

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 12:24 PM
I do Hookdem. Take what I am telling you as you will. I have no more time for the partisan bullshit your elk stand behind in every argument.
Then this is a final goodbye? GOOD! :lol

Marcus Bryant
11-18-2004, 12:26 PM
http://www.moniquemendez.com/VM-Images/MAM-CribYelling.jpg

http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~abridle/videoconf/control_mute.jpg

whottt
11-18-2004, 12:26 PM
Fuck you Whott. What the hell do you stand for? Killing innocent women and children? For what? Pray tell what good is going to be accomplished in the long run by bombing Mosul, Fallujah, and the rest of Iraq?

Do you really think the only reason we are in Iraq is to kill innocent women and children? Do you not realize that those we fight deliberately target them?

Putting a truly free society in the middle east, giving women equal rights, is the only way to destroy terrorism and the apocolyptic mindset dominating the middle east. They embrace oblivion because they live in hell...hell created by European Aristocrats, not America, and hell allowed to continue by our own ambivalence, and not wanting to be bothered with human suffering. Not wanting to get our hands dirty...not viewing those people as equally capable of living in a free society. Do you only believe in inalienable rights for Americans?

To improve conditions in the middle east the despots have to go, and those people have to be given the same rights that you here in America get to enjoy.

Someone who uses his right to free speech so frequently, and in such a negative attacking way as yourself, should surely see the value in giving others that same right. How can you stand against it? What would you be like without it?

It's time Republicans look at themselves in the mirror and realize that all this moral value bullshit they have been spouting is just a big lie. You are no more moral than the hijackers who flew those planes into the WTC and Pentagon on 911.

What should scare you as a Democrat is not that the Republicans are gaining power...it's that they are more progressive, even with some of their archaic beliefs, than the Democratic Party.

And don't forget the 3rd T bitch!

11-18-2004, 12:29 PM
I have no more time for the partisan bullshit your elk

Hook, you have a line on some elk? You and I need to talk, I could use some for my freezer.

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 12:33 PM
Hook, you have a line on some elk? You and I need to talk, I could use some for my freezer.
Thats just some more of Dan's college talk! After all, he was in the top quarter of his class. :lol

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 12:34 PM
Do you really think the only reason we are in Iraq is to kill innocent women and children? Do you not realize that those we fight deliberately target them?

Putting a truly free society in the middle east, giving women equal rights, is the only way to destroy terrorism and the apocolyptic mindset dominating the middle season. They embrace oblivion because they live in hell...hell created by Europena Aristocrats and hell allowed to continue by our own ambivalense and not wanting to be bothered with human suffering.

To improve conditions in the middle east the desponts have to go and those people have to be given the same rights that you here in America get to enjoy.

Someone who uses his right to free speech in such a negative way as yourself should surely see the value in giving others that same right. How can you stand against it?

European aren't alone in creating the problems in the Middle East. The U.S. went right along when we were supplying Saddam with WMD technology, and when we give money to the Royals in Saudi Arabia so that they can turn around and give that money to the madrassas that create these monsters. Hell, we even helped to creat the problems in Iran when we help depose the former King and put in the Shah that would eventually lead to his over-throw and the creation of a Islamic Republic.

samikeyp
11-18-2004, 12:35 PM
What labels Dan? How about "Neocon" or "Fat pizza eating beer guzzler" You labeled people here with those. That is factual. You disputed that Hook and GG were members of the military, both offered opportunities to prove you wrong. You chose to decline. You are scared of the truth. You are a coward. You are petrified of real people and only can interact through a message board. You are even scared to go to a GTG.

11-18-2004, 12:35 PM
Hell, we even created the problems in Iraq when we help depose the former King and put in the Shah that would eventually lead to his over-throw and the creation of a Islamic Republic.

N's and Q's Dan, N's and Q's.

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 12:37 PM
Thats just some more of Dan's college talk! After all, he was in the top quarter of his class.

About the only class you ever attended was a AA class hookdem. :lol

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 12:37 PM
I saw that too! :lol

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 12:38 PM
About the only class you ever attended was a AAA class hookdem. :lol
You don't really know do you Dan? And what branch of the service did you serve in? :lol

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 12:39 PM

Oh look, Mr. Fact-checker is around too. Nice. Maybe this time he'll post his material in context.

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 12:40 PM
You don't really know do you Dan? And what branch of the service did you serve in?

My brother was a Marine killed in GW1 asshole.

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 12:40 PM
What labels Dan? How about "Neocon" or "Fat pizza eating beer guzzler" You labeled people here with those. That is factual. You disputed that Hook and GG were members of the military, both offered opportunities to prove you wrong. You chose to decline. You are scared of the truth. You are a coward. You are petrified of real people and only can interact through a message board. You are even scared to go to a GTG.
BINGO!

whottt
11-18-2004, 12:44 PM
European aren't alone in creating the problems in the Middle East.

Right, the world shares that problem....but the desire to continue the status quo of leaving those leaders in power...who stands for that?

The U.S. went right along when we were supplying Saddam with WMD technology,

Maybe...he was the enemy of Iran...when we saw what he was we put stopping him over the priority of getting subsidized oil from his country...it's amazing that we get blamed for Iraq when we only had diplomatic relations with that country for about 3 years in the last 40 or so. All of Europe was friends with him as well..so were the Russians.

and when we give money to the Royals in Saudi Arabia so that they can turn around and give that money to the madrassas that create these monsters.

At last a semi-legitimate point...except for the fact...we don't support the Saudis...they support us would be a truer statement. In any case, we didn't put them in power, they are a recognized sovereign nation...and while their internal politics and society are truly shitty...they are the capital of Islam and they have actually been the most peaceful Arab nation to their neighbors for the past 60 years.

Hell, we even helped to creat the problems in Iran when we help depose the former King and put in the Shah that would eventually lead to his over-throw and the creation of a Islamic Republic.

This is the lie most often perpetuated by liberals....it's a gross mistatement...our role in the Shah coming to power was periphreal at best...it was Great Britain that put him in power. In any case, he was a pro-western despot who provided his people with the highest standard of living and the most free society of any Arab country, until he became tyrannical trying to stay in power.

We didn't put him in power. The British did. And this is the major reason I lose respect for so-called high educated liberals, both American and European...that continually make this false claim.

Marcus Bryant
11-18-2004, 12:44 PM

What? Can't hear you.

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 12:54 PM
I'll ask you again asshole....what branch of the service did you serve in?

gophergeorge
11-18-2004, 01:38 PM

Shows what little you know.

Your brother, IS still, a Marine. God rest his soul.

Useruser666
11-18-2004, 01:42 PM
Just face it guys, you're danned if you do, danned if you don't!

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-18-2004, 01:58 PM
My, my, another NeoCon advocating senseless violence. Why am I not surprised?

In another thread about Swift Boat Vets, you said you hoped Kerry won a lawsuit against O'Neil, then kicked his ass afterwards. Senseless violence? Pot, meet kettle.

It's too damn bad your brain isn't proportional.

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 02:03 PM
It suddenly occurs to me that I may have called out Refrigerator Perry here. I should be more careful. He may want to eat me. :lol

Clandestino
11-18-2004, 05:12 PM
yeah, dan will never understand... it is useless to argue with him. he is like the fat kid on the playground...oh wait..he IS/WAS the fat kid on the playground!

samikeyp
11-18-2004, 06:15 PM

assuming this is true.

CosmicCowboy
11-18-2004, 06:21 PM
6'5" 280????

holy shit...I am 6'5" too and immediately go back on Adkins if I get over 230...you must be one FAT motherfucker...

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-19-2004, 12:34 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/as123/petition.html

Petition to Congress supporting the Marine in question.

exstatic
11-19-2004, 12:38 AM
I'd never sign such a thing. We have enough good guys fighting the right way to stick up for some Rambo caught on video with his pants down.

Hook Dem
11-19-2004, 08:56 AM
I'd never sign such a thing. We have enough good guys fighting the right way to stick up for some Rambo caught on video with his pants down.
Typical liberal marching orders.

Useruser666
11-19-2004, 11:51 AM

Ex, that video is not all of the story. I want to see what comes out before I am outraged.