PDA

View Full Version : do u thinik...

NorCal510
03-21-2007, 07:34 PM
the war is for a good cause?

SRJ
03-21-2007, 10:45 PM
I think the elimination of Saddam Hussein was a good cause. I think the attempt to establish a significant moderate state in the region is a good cause. I think there is some validity to the notion of taking action there rather than reacting to events here, but of course that idea is overstated and isn't foolproof - we will have another terrorist attack on our shores whether we had gone into Iraq or not.

Above all else, I'm glad Saddam is no longer around to take a shit on the Kurds whenever he felt like it.

Yonivore
03-22-2007, 05:53 AM
Good cause? No. Necessary? Yes.

johngateswhiteley
03-22-2007, 06:40 AM
of course its for a good cause, but do you think we should be there is the question people struggle with.

boutons_
03-22-2007, 08:08 AM
The US was more secure with Saddam in power and Iraq stable and counter-balancing Iran.

WMD? busllshit

Saddam did WTC? bullshit

Saddam was terrorist with al Qaida and therefore part of the war on terror? bullshit.

Invading Iraq to grab the oil was decided on by the PNAC/AEI/neo-cunt oligarchic cabal in the late 90s, well before dubya was elected. They knew the first Gulf War and 8 years of sanctions had completely neutralized Iraq militarily and figured the invasion would be quick and cheap and self-financed by Iraqi oil.

After the above were proven to be bullshit, Repugs trout out democracy in Iraq. Totally bullshit, because tribal, sectarian Iraq is not capable of democracy.

30K US dead and maimed, ALL WASTED, to obtain a totally destablized Iraq, and huge increase in Iranian influence on Iraq and threat to the region? GIVE ME FUCKING BREAK.

All the bullshit reasons for invading Iraq were smoke-screens to hide the real objective of the US/UL grab for Iraqi oil. No-other-option-but-immediate-war was timed for spring 2003 to get dubya re-elected as "war president" in Nov 2003.

2 million Iraqis, all the ones with any money and means, ie, the people needed to make Iraq function, have fled Iraq, placing a huge burden on nearby countries. There's are 100s of 1000s more Iraqis, maybe millions, desperate to leave. Another 2M+ are internal refugees, making Iraq the biggest refugee crisis in the world. The country is a total shit hole with al Qaida firmly established and Iranian influence growing irreversibly, thanks to dubya.

Reconstruction has been a boondoggle for Halliburton and other mercenary war profiteers (as intended by dickhead), with electricity in Bagdad being on for less the 4 hours/day typifying the total failure of the US to deliver its promises to the Iraqi people.

The total incompetence (Rummy, Bremer, etc, etc) in planning for and execution of "the best-case scenario" (never happened) with no worst-case contingency (did happen) was criminal.

The Repugs have totally lost Iraq. The worst geo-political disaster in US history.

Iraq put Afghanistan on the back burner. There are now more troops in Afghanistan now than 5 years ago. al Quaida and Taleban are well established in Pakistan and ready to take over Afghanistan once the US leaves.

nkdlunch
03-22-2007, 08:49 AM
it was ultimately for $$$ + power and if US plays cards right they can still get a great deal off it.

but at the cost of thousands of US and hunders of thousands if not millions of Iraqi civilian deaths.

xrayzebra
03-22-2007, 09:54 AM
The US was more secure with Saddam in power and Iraq stable and counter-balancing Iran.

WMD? busllshit

Saddam did WTC? bullshit

Saddam was terrorist with al Qaida and therefore part of the war on terror? bullshit.

Invading Iraq to grab the oil was decided on by the PNAC/AEI/neo-cunt oligarchic cabal in the late 90s, well before dubya was elected. They knew the first Gulf War and 8 years of sanctions had completely neutralized Iraq militarily and figured the invasion would be quick and cheap and self-financed by Iraqi oil.

After the above were proven to be bullshit, Repugs trout out democracy in Iraq. Totally bullshit, because tribal, sectarian Iraq is not capable of democracy.

30K US dead and maimed, ALL WASTED, to obtain a totally destablized Iraq, and huge increase in Iranian influence on Iraq and threat to the region? GIVE ME FUCKING BREAK.

All the bullshit reasons for invading Iraq were smoke-screens to hide the real objective of the US/UL grab for Iraqi oil. No-other-option-but-immediate-war was timed for spring 2003 to get dubya re-elected as "war president" in Nov 2003.

2 million Iraqis, all the ones with any money and means, ie, the people needed to make Iraq function, have fled Iraq, placing a huge burden on nearby countries. There's are 100s of 1000s more Iraqis, maybe millions, desperate to leave. Another 2M+ are internal refugees, making Iraq the biggest refugee crisis in the world. The country is a total shit hole with al Qaida firmly established and Iranian influence growing irrersibly, thanks to dubya.

Reconstruction has been a boondoggle for Halliburton and other mercenary war profiteers (as intended by dickhead), with electricity in Bagdad being on for less the 4 hours/day typifying the total failure of the US to deliver its promises to the Iraqi people.

The total incompetence (Rummy, Bremer, etc, etc) in planning for and execution of "the best-case scenario" (never happened) with no worst-case contingency (did happen) was criminal.

The Repugs have totally lost Iraq. The worst geo-political disaster in US history.

Iraq put Afghanistan on the back burner. There are now more troops in Afghanistan now than 5 years ago. al Quaida and Taleban are well established in Pakistan and ready to take over Afghanistan once the US leaves.

And to think I once said boutons had intelligence. Oh,
well. Dig old Saddam up, brush him off and put him
back in power. boutons has spoken.

Bunz
03-22-2007, 10:57 AM
if saddam were still in power, my nigga darnell might still be running dem streets pimping dem hos

THE ONE AND ONLY
03-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Iraq war right? Not the neverending war on terrorism.

The cause of the Iraq war was WMD.
There were no WMDs.

There were other lesser reasons for invading Iraq but they wernt good enough or sexy enough to gain the US citizens support.

Wars are going on all the time all over the world. Should we liberate everyone?

ChumpDumper
03-22-2007, 02:29 PM
It was a stupid, unnecessary distraction from the real war on terror.

Ozzman
03-22-2007, 11:35 PM
It is not necessary, and you are ignorant to think so. (yoni)

George Gervin's Afro
03-23-2007, 09:57 AM
In a geopolitical sense I don't think was necessary. Think back to the Iran-Iraq war. We sided with Iraq to counter Iran's influence. The quote I am referring to goes something like this ' a foe of of my enemy is a friend of mine'. In other words we felt it was best to side with Iran's enemy and made them our friend regardless of how bad Saddam was. I can accept this decision at the time it was made...now fast forward 20 years..we are still trying to counter Iran's influence and nuclear aspirations..so in hindsight I don't think was a wise move particularly because of the over blown hysteria the Bush administration used to rush to war.. in the end this move may completely destabilize an already volatile region..

Yonivore
03-23-2007, 04:13 PM
It is not necessary, and you are ignorant to think so. (yoni)
How many al Qaeda terrorists have we killed in Iraq?

Where would they be if we had not invaded Iraq, (and, please remember, many were in Iraq after fleeing our finest in Afghanistan)?

What would Saddam Hussein be doing had we not invaded Iraq?

Ask yourself, with that mix -- even if they weren't conspiring with one another -- wasn't it inevitable we'd be in Iraq?

I think so. And, whomever said our invasion of Iraq was all about WMDs needs to re-read the AUMF in Iraq.

ChumpDumper
03-23-2007, 04:39 PM
How many al Qaeda terrorists have we killed in Iraq?You tell me. I would like a number of confirmed AQ kills. Then Sunni insurgent kills. Then Shiite militia kills. Sucks we have to deal with all of those when we didn't have to.

How many have we killed in Waziristan?
Where would they be if we had not invaded Iraq, (and, please remember, many were in Iraq after fleeing our finest in Afghanistan)?Pakistan.
What would Saddam Hussein be doing had we not invaded Iraq?Nothing we couldn't bomb after flying over his country for 15 years.
Ask yourself, with that mix -- even if they weren't conspiring with one another -- wasn't it inevitable we'd be in Iraq?No.
And, whomever said our invasion of Iraq was all about WMDsStop right there. There's no other reason that would have compelled us to go there and you can't act like there was.