PDA

View Full Version : do you think?

Pablo Escobar
03-22-2007, 12:07 AM
if the spurs were in the mavs position everyone would be on thier balls like they are all over the fucken mavs (espn) :madrun

SequSpur
03-22-2007, 12:08 AM
que?

monosylab1k
03-22-2007, 12:09 AM
probably not. when you're as good as the Spurs have been for as long as they have, everyone just kinda expects greatness and takes it for granted. that's why ESPN is so gay for the Suns, and gives alot more attention to Dallas than San Antonio.

Shank
03-22-2007, 12:25 AM
I think you're seeing more coverage tonight because the Mavs-Cavs game was on their network.

SANANTOJAMES
03-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Hell no...... nobody gives the Spurs any respect

Shank
03-22-2007, 12:30 AM
Hell no...... nobody gives the Spurs any respect

You're kidding, right?

Don't confuse getting time on Sportscenter to getting respect. The Spurs get plenty.

spursrule32
03-22-2007, 12:40 AM
the allas (they have no D) mavs are the buffalo bills of the NBA

Shank
03-22-2007, 12:44 AM
Did you just come up with that one on your own?

Amuseddaysleeper
03-22-2007, 12:52 AM
the number of idiot spurs fans rises by the day

the cavs need to rework their entire roster, danny ferry is killing lebron out there with what he's stuck with

J.T.
03-22-2007, 02:03 AM

Yeah, that comparison will fail to have any relevance by the time May comes to an end. Not that it does now, dumbass.

Voice of Truth
03-22-2007, 03:00 AM
if the spurs were in the mavs position everyone would be on thier balls like they are all over the fucken mavs (espn) :madrun

Both the Suns and Mavs are more exciting to watch than the Spurs...

The Spurs are bad for ratings and the casual NBA fan.

LEONARD
03-22-2007, 08:41 AM
If the Spurs were setting some of the records the Mavs have this season they'd be getting talked about the same way...

(waits for reply about regular season meaning nothing, 3 rings to 0, etc)

the allas (they have no D) mavs

Wow...pure genius...

Yeah, that comparison will fail to have any relevance by the time May comes to an end. Not that it does now, dumbass.

See...even a fellow Spurs fan is ripping you :lol

nkdlunch
03-22-2007, 08:45 AM
they don't even give enough coverage to the mavs. If it was the Heat or Lakers with that record, they would be sucking the sweat from their balls like nothing u ever seen. it would be disgusting. So be glad at least it's the lame ass mavs.

VaSpursFan
03-22-2007, 09:38 AM

i'm a spurs homer but the mavs actually play a little d this season. now if they choke again in the playoffs, that buffalo title may be deserving.

stretch
03-22-2007, 09:50 AM
are you kidding me? its nothing compared to Phoenix. everyone wants to suck Steve Nash's dick on ESPN. its fucking ridiculous. i think Tim Legler is actually gay for Nash.

mikejones99
03-22-2007, 09:52 AM
San Antonio is just a little town in the desert that not many people care about or the people have little money so it is not profitable to put Spurs on tv.

G-Nob
03-22-2007, 10:04 AM
WGAF
This thread is weak.

Borosai
03-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Don't mess with my Bills.

mabber
03-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Both the Suns and Mavs are more exciting to watch than the Spurs...

The Spurs are bad for ratings and the casual NBA fan.

The Mavs pretty much play the same style as the Spurs now so I wouldn't put them in the "exciting" category with Phoenix anymore. The only difference is that the Mavs are more capable of playing the Sun's style than the Spurs if need be.

nkdlunch
03-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Spurs are not appealing, true.

But sorry to break it to you, Mavs are not appealing to a wide audience either. They have the boring german, Wil Smith's cousin and undercover brother who really goes undercover in the media and throughout long stretches in the games. who else? stackhouse? LOL mavs are almost as lame as Spurs. Or maybe lamer cause at least we got Eva Longoria.

bdictjames
03-22-2007, 01:00 PM
No.

Lots of people hate the Mavs, ESPN just shows them on TV so most fans cheer for the other team.

mabber
03-22-2007, 01:09 PM
No.

Lots of people hate the Mavs, ESPN just shows them on TV so most fans cheer for the other team.

That might be a small factor but it's mostly a combination of how good the team/game is and the markets that they're in. Dallas is a fairly large market while San Antonio is a small market so while the teams are both good the Mavs are going to get more games on ESPN/TNT, etc.. Also, I'd bet you that 80%+ people that don't live in Texas don't have a clue as to even what part of Texas San Antonio is in.

bdictjames
03-22-2007, 01:11 PM
That might be a small factor but it's mostly a combination of how good the team/game is and the markets that they're in. Dallas is a fairly large market while San Antonio is a small market so while the teams are both good the Mavs are going to get more games on ESPN/TNT, etc.. Also, I'd bet you that 80%+ people that don't live in Texas don't have a clue as to even what part of Texas San Antonio is in.
Maybe. But really, lots of people wants to see the Mavs lose and Heat win, but these people are really just mostly bandwagoners.

Im not from Texas, but honestly, I have no idea where San Antonio is. :lol

Shank
03-22-2007, 01:39 PM
No.

I actually like this theory. Hilarious!

SpursDynasty
03-22-2007, 01:44 PM
The Mavs...good? Yes.
Exciting? Not by a long shot.

The Mavs USED TO BE an exciting team to watch, when they played like the Phoenix Suns. The Suns are the most exciting team to watch in the NBA. But the Mavs, who mostly play one-on-one basketball and shoot jump shots (except for Devin Harris who is the only Mav who scores in the paint), are one of the worst teams in the NBA in assists (#24 in assists), are not exciting to watch. Dirk is boring too. Fadeaway jumpshot, and ....that's it. What else does he do. Nothing. What they have over most teams is just a mental advantage. I've seen plenty of teams miss good looks at the basket, that they should make vs Dallas, that would have won the game or given them the lead.

You can't rank #24 in assists and win the championship come Finals time. 2006 should have been a lesson in needing to share the ball.

mardigan
03-22-2007, 01:51 PM
The Mavs...good? Yes.

The Mavs USED TO BE an exciting team to watch, when they played like the Phoenix Suns. The Suns are the most exciting team to watch in the NBA. But the Mavs, who mostly play one-on-one basketball and shoot jump shots (except for Devin Harris who is the only Mav who scores in the paint), are one of the worst teams in the NBA in assists (#24 in assists), are not exciting to watch. Dirk is boring too. Fadeaway jumpshot, and ....that's it. What else does he do. Nothing.

You can't rank #24 in assists and win the championship come Finals time. 2006 should have been a lesson in needing to share the ball.

Yes you can and the Mavs are proving it. You think they would have won all these games if there assists were playing a factor. You dont need assists when everyone on your team hits open shots and rebounds. And as far as the question, I think the Spurs, if they had this record, would be getting even more love given their track record. And the yes the Mavs are boring, but who cares, the Spurs bored me all the way to the Finals many times.

mabber
03-22-2007, 02:03 PM
The Mavs...good? Yes.

The Mavs USED TO BE an exciting team to watch, when they played like the Phoenix Suns. The Suns are the most exciting team to watch in the NBA. But the Mavs, who mostly play one-on-one basketball and shoot jump shots (except for Devin Harris who is the only Mav who scores in the paint), are one of the worst teams in the NBA in assists (#24 in assists), are not exciting to watch. Dirk is boring too. Fadeaway jumpshot, and ....that's it. What else does he do. Nothing. What they have over most teams is just a mental advantage. I've seen plenty of teams miss good looks at the basket, that they should make vs Dallas, that would have won the game or given them the lead.

You still going with the theory that the Mavs only win cuz the teams they play are just having bad shooting nights? :lol :lol :lol

LEONARD
03-22-2007, 02:22 PM
The Mavs...good? Yes.

Have you watched ONE Mavs game this season?? :lol

The Mavs play 1 on 1 b-ball? Have you seen their ball movement? Making the extra pass??

and you're right...that's all Dirk can do is shoot fade-aways... :lol You crack me up, Jeff...

You still going with the theory that the Mavs only win cuz the teams they play are just having bad shooting nights? :lol :lol :lol

He is...he just didn't state it as clearly this time :lol :lol

cheguevara
03-22-2007, 02:50 PM
Dallas does play great, they do play good team D as well.

But it is true they don't play pretty, do not have a superstar that plays pretty and are not fun to watch. In all honesty, they are a BORING team to watch.

That being said, I'd take my team playing to win than playing pretty.

mabber
03-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Dallas does play great, they do play good team D as well.

But it is true they don't play pretty, do not have a superstar that plays pretty and are not fun to watch. In all honesty, they are a BORING team to watch.

That being said, I'd take my team playing to win than playing pretty.

I agree with everything you said.

Extra Stout
03-22-2007, 03:34 PM
The Mavs are not getting all that much attention for a team on pace to go 69-13. The Suns get more love than they do.

If the Lakers were 56-11, that is all you would hear about.

Spurminator
03-22-2007, 04:06 PM
^ Exactly what I was about to say.

The Mavs are about the least-hyped 70-win-pace team in NBA history.

And why is everyone so damned concerned with ESPN's validation?