PDA

View Full Version : "The Shield" returns April 3

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Is anybody as hyped as I am for the new season?

Vic's on a mission to find Lem's killer. I can't imagine he'll discover it's Shane too quickly, but it'll be interesting when he begins to suspect him.

Just saw the 5.5 webisode and it's a decent transition from Lem's death to the hunt for his killer.

jman3000
03-22-2007, 12:38 AM
meh... you can't really do as much on FX.... that's why The Wire on HBO is so damn bad ass.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-22-2007, 12:42 AM
meh... you can't really do as much on FX.... that's why The Wire on HBO is so damn bad ass.

That's my next show to catch up on from start to finish. I hear it's absolutely amazing, but I love The Shield.

jman3000
03-22-2007, 12:50 AM
chiklis looks too much like a doofus to ever give me the impression that he's some bad ass cop.

to each his own.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-22-2007, 12:56 AM
chiklis looks too much like a doofus to ever give me the impression that he's some bad ass cop.

to each his own.

You should watch it, he pulls it off well. Plus, the rest of the cast is very strong.

jman3000
03-22-2007, 01:09 AM
can't go wong with somebody in the cast named CCH Pounder...

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/cch-pounder-archbishop-desmond-tutus-75th-birthday-yJAIvV.jpg

dear God that hurt my eyes.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-22-2007, 09:03 AM
I love this show, but the off season is just too damn long. I hope Shane dies a slow, painful death. If it's at the hands of Vic, I know it'll be exactly that. All they need is some hot chicks on there now.

tlongII
03-22-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm watching Rome. Lots of good sex and violence.

DirkAB
03-22-2007, 10:27 AM
The Shield fucking kicks ass! Second best television series ever, right behind The Sopranos, and they both start in April! Woohoo!

Ballcox
03-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Can't wait for the Shield to start. Last season was the first one I've watched from beginning to end and I was very impressed. Makes me want to go get the other seasons on DVD to watch, I wonder if there are any places I could find previous seasons sets on DVD used?

Anyway, I've really liked the series that are on FX right now. I will admit I watch Nip/Tuck, might have something to do with hot women? I also love Rescue Me, one of my favorite series these days.

But I will be DVR'ing the Shield this season!

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-22-2007, 12:05 PM
Can't wait for the Shield to start. Last season was the first one I've watched from beginning to end and I was very impressed. Makes me want to go get the other seasons on DVD to watch, I wonder if there are any places I could find previous seasons sets on DVD used?

Anyway, I've really liked the series that are on FX right now. I will admit I watch Nip/Tuck, might have something to do with hot women? I also love Rescue Me, one of my favorite series these days.

But I will be DVR'ing the Shield this season!

A heads-up (first off, try your local Craigslist for DVD deals) that when Season5 comes out on DVD next week, there will probably be good deals for the other seasons as well (it seems to work like that for TV shows).

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Best Buy next week:

The Shield: Season 5 >>>> $39.99 ++++

++++Buy The Shield: Season 5 and any previous Shield Season set and get $15 off the transaction // Both sets must be purchased on the same receipt

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Today only:

The Shield S1-S4 for $90.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox

Ballcox
03-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Forgot to check this thread, thanks Johnny! I definitely want to go back and watch previous seasons after watching last season from beginning to end. I didn't think it would be THAT good, but it was damn solid from beginning to end.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Forgot to check this thread, thanks Johnny! I definitely want to go back and watch previous seasons after watching last season from beginning to end. I didn't think it would be THAT good, but it was damn solid from beginning to end.

I've watched six eps from Season 5 since I got the DVDs on Tuesday.

Epsiode 5 is probably one of the best of the series, hands down.

Ballcox
03-29-2007, 11:37 AM
^having Forrest Whitaker on the show really made it interesting, he's one of my favorite actors. The scenes with him and Chiklis (sp?) were intense, hope he makes a return this season?

Mr Dio
03-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Today only:

The Shield S1-S4 for $90.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox

Is that a good price?
Can't I get them cheaper?

2Blonde
03-29-2007, 11:23 PM
I haven't missed a single episode since the series started. Helluva series. The first 2 years will blow your mind and each year thereafter just gets more and more daring. You keep wondering how Vic manages to keep on going full speed ahead without losing his composure.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-29-2007, 11:36 PM
I haven't missed a single episode since the series started. Helluva series. The first 2 years will blow your mind and each year thereafter just gets more and more daring. You keep wondering how Vic manages to keep on going full speed ahead without losing his composure.

I just finished watching Season 5 all over again and I still felt my stomach tighten when Shane killed Lem.

2Blonde
03-29-2007, 11:55 PM
I just finished watching Season 5 all over again and I still felt my stomach tighten when Shane killed Lem.
Here have a sandwich...Boom you're dead!!! That's cold

Ballcox
04-03-2007, 11:37 AM
^The Shield begins tonight!!!

Damn, I'm psyched. I always wanted to watch this series and seeing last season really got me hooked. Looking forward to tonight.

Also a great time period for several of my favorite shows-The Shield starting tonight, 24, Lost, and the combo of Entourage and Sopranos starting on Sunday!

I have a feeling my DVR is going to get a lot of use!

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-03-2007, 11:39 AM
I have to work tonight. That torrent better be damn well seeded by the time I get home.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-03-2007, 11:46 AM
They've got the promo episode at FX's site...plus, three trailers for the new season.

Vic, Shane and Ronnie's "21-gun salute" scene looks as if it'll be pretty poetic.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-03-2007, 10:05 PM
it looks like 2 people are going to die this season.

Ballcox
04-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Ok, 2 episodes in so far-what do you guys think?

They definitely haven't slowed down the pace, that's for sure. I was surprised to see F. Whitaker's character go down so quickly, I was thinking he and Vick might battle it out a little longer into the season.

I guess the question now is what does Vick do when he finds out Shane is the killer and not the Guatamalan (sp?) guy?

Should be an interesting show next week, I'm definitely into it!

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Ok, 2 episodes in so far-what do you guys think?

They definitely haven't slowed down the pace, that's for sure. I was surprised to see F. Whitaker's character go down so quickly, I was thinking he and Vick might battle it out a little longer into the season.

I guess the question now is what does Vick do when he finds out Shane is the killer and not the Guatamalan (sp?) guy?

Should be an interesting show next week, I'm definitely into it!

I've had two "Oh, shit!" moments in the last two weeks. I fucking love it.

I didn't think Kavanaugh would go down in Ep 2, but Shawn Ryan had said he wouldn't be central through the whole season.

ATRAIN
08-28-2008, 09:29 AM
The Shield Final Season or Final act as they are calling it starts this Tuesday. Anyone excited?

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Fuck. Yes.

ATRAIN
08-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Fuck. Yes.

Man its going to be interesting on how this will end. I wonder if Vick will end up killing Shane for what he did to Lem?

Rip-Hamilton32
08-28-2008, 11:00 AM
can't wait, its been my favorite show since it started

2Blonde
08-28-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm ready... I just set my DVR!!

ATRAIN
08-28-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm ready... I just set my DVR!!

I just with Time warner offered FX in HD but oh well, im setting my DVR today!! So do I get points up on Paki and Pee wee for liking the Shield? :)

2Blonde
08-28-2008, 01:44 PM
I just with Time warner offered FX in HD but oh well, im setting my DVR today!! So do I get points up on Paki and Pee wee for liking the Shield? :)

:lol

ATRAIN
08-28-2008, 01:46 PM
:lol

Come on 2blonde :) you know you want to bump me up on the list. I consider myself number 3 on your fan base. I deserve at least 2 or 1!! :)

Mr Dio
09-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Damn awesome series.
I miss The Wire.