PDA

View Full Version : Mavfans oppinion plz: Nash Or Finley

TDMVPDPOY
03-22-2007, 07:15 AM
So who do you guys hate more??

Finley joins ur state rivals

Nash who was robin to dirk in dallas, now is succeeding with his new team like personal awards mvps, and is talked up like his the best in the league, and dirk is in the shadows....

Fromthebleachers
03-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Its kind hard to hate both just because they were such good guys when they were here. Both teams are our rivals so i could say i hate them equally if anything. But if i had a gun to my head to chose, it would be nash. The guy wanted to get paid. he wanted to play where he wanted to play and get paid while doing it. mark didnt want to tie up a ton of guaranteed money in a player we all thought may break down at some point soon, so he took the money and went elsewhere and you cant fault him for that. you also cant fault him for those mvps because i dont think any true mavs fan here could have predicted that.

we cut finley to play younger guys and so he left to get a ring plain and simple.

monosylab1k
03-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Don't really hate either of them. But I love Finley while being indifferent to Nash. I think most Mavs fans who were fans before 2000 probably feel the same way. Finley was the face of this franchise during some of the dark years, he believed in this team and this city, and he deserves alot more love than he gets from Mavs "fans" nowadays.

stretch
03-22-2007, 08:23 AM
i dont really care much about either. Nash had to do his own thing, and I cant blame him for that. he left for the bigger contract, and got put in a perfect system where he could really suceed. i dont see anything wrong with that. pretty much anyone would do the same. i have nothing but respect for him.

Finley however, knowingly joined a team that we all hate. if he truly didnt have hard feelings toward this franchise, he would not have joined such a team. he could have gone to Phoenix, Miami, or Detroit, who were all title contenders, and were pursuing him, and offering him plenty, if not more money than San Antonio. i think he purposely went to San Antonio. I still like Finley, but I don't like that he went to SA.

it doesnt really matter to me though. neither of them will win a ring. at least not in their current situations.

Mavzy45
03-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Don't really hate either of them. But I love Finley while being indifferent to Nash. I think most Mavs fans who were fans before 2000 probably feel the same way. Finley was the face of this franchise during some of the dark years, he believed in this team and this city, and he deserves alot more love than he gets from Mavs "fans" nowadays.

Well said....well said.
:toast

mFFL03
03-22-2007, 08:55 AM
they are both good people. those here do have a point with nash being greedy, but I also get pissed off when I see Finley drive to the basket, or just lay back for 3's

ponky
03-22-2007, 09:00 AM
finley will always be one of my favorites, regardless of team...also, when it was the big three lots of people, people who got interested in dirk and nash forgot that it was finley who had done everything for the team prior to their arrival and he stood with the team during his best years...also, i kinda liked that finley is one of the few guys who markets jordan's brand of clothing

nash could've stayed, he left for more money which i thought was crappy at the time but a blessing in disguise for the mavs org...he fits in well with the suns but i don't think he would've done well with the evolution of our team's style. i don't dislike him but neither do i care for him that much and it irks me when he and dirk dine together the night before a game, they should wait until after the game

Findog
03-22-2007, 09:19 AM

Nash who was robin to dirk in dallas, now is succeeding with his new team like personal awards mvps, and is talked up like his the best in the league, and dirk is in the shadows....

How bout neither? How bout I still love both guys? Is that hard to grasp?

adrienne
03-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Um, I don't hate either. But who do I still love? Finley. I don't hate Nash, but I feel no loyalty for him. He chose to leave.

mavsfan1000
03-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Screw Steve Ca$h. Greedy fucker.

mabber
03-22-2007, 11:09 AM

I like them both but FinDog is still my man. I was just a little disappointed in how sensitive Nash was to Cuban not immediately matching the Sun's huge free agency offer but I still like him.

JamStone
03-22-2007, 11:16 AM
nash could've stayed, he left for more money which i thought was crappy at the time but a blessing in disguise for the mavs org...he fits in well with the suns but i don't think he would've done well with the evolution of our team's style. i don't dislike him but neither do i care for him that much and it irks me when he and dirk dine together the night before a game, they should wait until after the game

Can't generally dine after a game because most visiting teams leave right after the game. It's rare an NBA team stays the night of a game in a visiting city, even if there is no back-to-back the next night.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-22-2007, 11:21 AM
It's really nice to hear that some of you guys still respect Finley much like how a good number of Spurs fans love Avery even though he is with a current rival.

I was so irritated with Cuban during last seaosn's playoffs encouraging Mav fans to boo Finley. I understand it's the playoffs and that it's against the Spurs, but Finley deserved so much better than that.

Anyways, nice to see that his efforts during his time with Dallas haven't been forgotten

monosylab1k
03-22-2007, 11:28 AM
I was so irritated with Cuban during last seaosn's playoffs encouraging Mav fans to boo Finley. I understand it's the playoffs and that it's against the Spurs, but Finley deserved so much better than that.

The most embarrassing moment in Mavs fan history as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather relive the entire 11 win season than think about Finley being booed in Dallas. No true Mavs fan booed Finley, that's an absolute fact.

Fromthebleachers
03-22-2007, 11:43 AM
The most embarrassing moment in Mavs fan history as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather relive the entire 11 win season than think about Finley being booed in Dallas. No true Mavs fan booed Finley, that's an absolute fact.
i booed him during the game, but afterwards its all love :)

LB7
03-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Fin was my favorite Mav since he came here from Phoenix. I still love him even tho I "hate" him when we play the Spurs. Nash is another story. I respect him and what he has done since leaving and what he did while he was here.

However, when they use to interview him the last couple years when the Mavs and Suns played each other, they would ask him about leaving and not being with the Mavs anymore. He would always say "They didn't want me...". That pissed me off to no end. If you wanted more money, then own up to it and say it. He always played the poor poor pitiful me card and that just made me mad and lose some love for him at the same time. If I had to hear him say "They didn't want me...I did everything I could for this franchise and they didn't want to keep me around..." one more time, I could have screamed. Other than that, tons of respect for both.

mabber
03-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Fin was my favorite Mav since he came here from Phoenix. I still love him even tho I "hate" him when we play the Spurs. Nash is another story. I respect him and what he has done since leaving and what he did while he was here.

However, when they use to interview him the last couple years when the Mavs and Suns played each other, they would ask him about leaving and not being with the Mavs anymore. He would always say "They didn't want me...". That pissed me off to no end. If you wanted more money, then own up to it and say it. He always played the poor poor pitiful me card and that just made me mad and lose some love for him at the same time. If I had to hear him say "They didn't want me...I did everything I could for this franchise and they didn't want to keep me around..." one more time, I could have screamed. Other than that, tons of respect for both.

What's strange about watching FinDog now is that I still expect him(out of habit) to hit certain shots but he misses a lot of them now. Although he hit a really big shot against the Mavs late in game 7 of that playoff series last year. That was the Finley I knew.

LB7
03-22-2007, 03:19 PM
What's strange about watching FinDog now is that I still expect him(out of habit) to hit certain shots but he misses a lot of them now. Although he hit a really big shot against the Mavs late in game 7 of that playoff series last year. That was the Finley I knew.
I know what you mean. I always loved the fadeaways he used to hit. He could always hit the most difficult looking shots. Spinning, fading and rising over a bigger defender and swish it through. Hate seeing him do that to us but I still love him.

schadenfreude52
03-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Steve was my favorite player when he played for the Mavs so I can't say that I dislike him.

Finley--I'm indifferent toward him now, but never ever boo him when he comes to town. That's plain stupid considering the impact he had on this team. It wasn't like it was his decision to leave either.

mqywaaah
03-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Fuck Nash and Fuck Fin... Period!

StylisticS
03-23-2007, 03:46 PM
I don't hate neither. Nash was the man when he was here. We know how bad the defense was but the offense was very fun to watch. Finley was the heart and soul of the team. He stood up for his teammates everytime somebody tried to go against them. I'm sure both of them probably talks to other players on the Mavs every now and then. It wouldn't surprise me if Finley and Terry still talks after that episode in last years playoffs.