PDA

View Full Version : And They Call Us Racist?

gophergeorge
11-18-2004, 11:14 AM
Did you see the "cartoon" of Condi Rice? ( I can't link it from work, so I ask one of my fellow "Nazis" to find it and post it...

Can you imagine the uproar if the GOP supported something like this?

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Yeah, it's on the Hannity website if anyone is interested. I don't go there because I don't condone anything that man, and I use that word loosely in his case, says or does. Funny how he can be disgusted by these cartoons but using gays to scare people into voting Republican is perfectly alright. Just more hypocrisy from the right.

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Whatsa matta Dan? Truth hurt? :lol

11-18-2004, 11:30 AM
Which one you referring to Gopher?

This one?

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/db/2004/db040407.gif

This?

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/uc/20041117/lpo041117.gif

Or this?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_111704/content/eib_extra.Par.0001.ImageFile.jpg

JoeChalupa
11-18-2004, 11:30 AM
Neither conservative republicans or conservative democrats or liberal republicans or liberal democrats or any party for that matter is without racism.

Marcus Bryant
11-18-2004, 11:31 AM
Probably the last one.

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 11:34 AM
That's some funny shit by the way.

SpursWoman
11-18-2004, 11:36 AM
No, not really.

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 12:07 PM
No, not really.
I'm with SW

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 12:12 PM
If SW was more attuned with political awareness I'm sure she would probably find it funny, but given her...ummm....limited time to research factual information regarding Dr. Rice I could see how she wouldn't find this funny.

travis2
11-18-2004, 12:18 PM
What political awareness would that be? Awareness of the fact that it's OK to be a racist thug if you spew left-wing propaganda?

Don't want to speak for SW...but I think she'll pass on that one...

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 12:22 PM
If SW was more attuned with political awareness I'm sure she would probably find it funny, but given her...ummm....limited time to research factual information regarding Dr. Rice I could see how she wouldn't find this funny.
It's good that you played football in college cause you don't exhibit that you learned anything there.

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 12:26 PM
What political awareness would that be? Awareness of the fact that it's OK to be a racist thug if you spew left-wing propaganda?

Oh look everybody, Travis has come out of his hole again to fill our lives with his inept wisdom. Apparently, in Travis's world it's OK for Repugs to discriminate against Gays, but if the left pokes fun at Dr. Rice, all of the sudden he's offended.

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 12:27 PM
It's good that you played football in college cause you don't exhibit that you learned anything there

I graduate in the top quarter of my class. What college did you go to again hookdem?

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 12:31 PM
I graduate in the top quarter of my class. What college did you go to again hookdem?
"I graduate" seems to imply that you will graduate. Did you mean "I graduated"? See, thats what I mean when I say you didn't learn anything there.

sbsquared
11-18-2004, 12:37 PM
These cartoons are way out of line. Dr. Rice is a minority woman who suffered racial discrimination in her youth, who had close friends killed in a church bombing during the height of the civil rights movement, and yet she has risen above all that and become a true success story. She should be a role model for blacks, instead, she is villified and called all sorts of horrible things because she is a member of the "wrong" party!

If she were a Democrat, she would be hailed as a heroine and true role model for all blacks. This is what the Republicans are so hacked about!

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 12:42 PM
These cartoons are way out of line. Dr. Rice is a minority woman who suffered racial discrimination in her youth, who had close friends killed in a church bombing during the height of the civil rights movement, and yet she has risen above all that and become a true success story. She should be a role model for blacks, instead, she is villified and called all sorts of horrible things because she is a member of the "wrong" party!

If she were a Democrat, she would be hailed as a heroine and true role model for all blacks. This is what the Republicans are so hacked about!
EXACTLY!

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 12:43 PM
You don't see me bad mouthing Obama do you?

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 12:45 PM

No, she is villified because she's a complete sell-out to the NeoCons. Sure, she's black, so what? Shouldn't make much of a difference if we are all truely as color blind as some of us pretend to be. Those cartoons don't necessarily have to be taken as racists, but the Repug spin machine says they are and all of you have bought into it.

JoeChalupa
11-18-2004, 12:46 PM
I think she's a great role model for success although I don't agree with her support of some of Bush' policies.
She is one smart woman.

sbsquared
11-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Dan, why is she a sell-out? Because a black can't possibly have conservative values and beliefs? Do you know her family history? Her family has been Republican for several generations!

I'm sure she doesn't agree with the President on everything, however, it is her job to promote and support the President's policies and agenda! I may not agree with my boss on everything, but, if I want to keep my job, I have to support the company policy - the Whitehouse is no different!!

travis2
11-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Oh look everybody, Travis has come out of his hole again to fill our lives with his inept wisdom. Apparently, in Travis's world it's OK for Repugs to discriminate against Gays, but if the left pokes fun at Dr. Rice, all of the sudden he's offended.

:sleep

Yeah, whatever...:rolleyes

JoeChalupa
11-18-2004, 12:58 PM
Supporting is one thing but I hope she's like Colin and speaks her mind we don't need a puppet in this position. If keeping my job means going against what I believe than I'd have to resign.

She'll be approved.

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm sure she doesn't agree with the President on everything, however, it is her job to promote and support the President's policies and agenda! I may not agree with my boss on everything, but, if I want to keep my job, I have to support the company policy - the Whitehouse is no different!!

So if your boss is out-right lying to his customers your gonna stand behind him either way? Rice knew that those aluminum tubes were not fit to be used as nuclear material. The U.S. Energy department told her so.

Marcus Bryant
11-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Man, reading this forum without danny's static is quite enjoyable.

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 01:07 PM
So if your boss is out-right lying to his customers your gonna stand behind him either way? Rice knew that those aluminum tubes were not fit to be used as nuclear material. The U.S. Energy department told her so.
You make a good point here Dan. Since you are the "boss" of all liberals here on this board, how come so many of them are denouncing you? Could it be that you are lieing? :lol

SpursWoman
11-18-2004, 01:11 PM

No, I didn't really find it funny at all....and I assure you there is nothing wrong with my sense of humor, or my ability to comprehend current events.

I was in the top 10% of my college graduating class, btw. Perhaps if "How To Propagate Conspiracy Theories 101" was required in my degree plan I would have slipped another 15% or so.

Drachen
11-18-2004, 01:12 PM
1st one: Brown Sugar is unnecessary and I dont see how it pertains to the joke. The rest of the strip is funny but that line.
2nd one: I see nothing racist with this one.
3rd one: I see where they were going with this one, but the vernacular used in it is, once again, not necessary.

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 01:13 PM
You make a good point here Dan. Since you are the "boss" of all liberals here on this board, how come so many of them are denouncing you? Could it be that you are lieing?

I never claimed to be a liberal. I have suspecions about Clinton and Kerry also, but right now, I see W as the biggest threat to the U.S..

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-18-2004, 01:14 PM
That's some funny shit by the way.

Coming from someone who was crying that Repubs were intimidating black voters in Florida, I find your statement incredibly hypocritical.

Add another page to the liberal playbook: racism only exists on the right. If it comes from the left, we're just calling a spade a spade.

Oh, and another page: a black, especially a female, stops becoming a black if they educate themselves, think for themselves, and rise to greatness. They should just take their government handout, punch the Democratic ticket every four years, and bitch about how the Republicans are holding them down.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-18-2004, 01:15 PM
Perhaps if "How To Propagate Conspiracy Theories 101" was required in my degree plan I would have slipped another 15% or so.

Own3d.

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 01:16 PM
No, I didn't really find it funny at all....and I assure you there is nothing wrong with my sense of humor, or my ability to comprehend current events.

You have bought into the spin that these cartoons are racists. True, they are marginally offensive to the most racially sensative, but being a minority myself, I don't think they are that offensive. Certainly not as bad as Repugs portray them to be.

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 01:18 PM
Perhaps if "How To Propagate Conspiracy Theories 101" was required in my degree plan I would have slipped another 15% or so.

Perhaps if you were degreed in computer science you might have slipped to the bottom 15%? So what?

Shelly
11-18-2004, 01:24 PM
Isn't the first strip Doonsberry?

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 01:26 PM
Isn't the first strip Doonsberry?

Yes, and the term 'brown sugar' isn't offensive on its own. I guess it all depends like everything else on context.

Uncle Donnie
11-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Umm yeah. Graduating in the top quarter of your class really isn't all that impressive. But I guess if that's all you got...

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-18-2004, 01:37 PM
I'm pretty sure this context, making fun of a black woman, would be the proper context for it to be damn offensive.

Dan you amaze me. Now you're *selling out* to forgive people throwing around racial insults. Pathetic.

SpursWoman
11-18-2004, 01:56 PM
You have bought into the spin that these cartoons are racists. True, they are marginally offensive to the most racially sensative, but being a minority myself, I don't think they are that offensive. Certainly not as bad as Repugs portray them to be.

No, I just didn't think they were funny....one way or the other.

Spurminator
11-18-2004, 02:04 PM
Are political cartoons ever funny? I find it rare myself...

"Huh huh, yeah Bushie's a dummy. You tell 'em, McGruder."

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 02:04 PM
Tell him it's too late to apologize now SW.

Marcus Bryant
11-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Ignore list, people. Trust me. You'll thank me for it.

-MB

Spurminator
11-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Nah... That'd be like throwing out my punching bag.

bigzak25
11-18-2004, 02:11 PM
i think it's pretty obvious that Dan is, in fact, the only racist here.

actually, there is nothing racist about the cartoons because Condi and Powell were drafted by the white race on Chapelles show....that, and of course them being smart and successful, and above all, Republican, they are considered by LIBERALS (yes Joe, it's a bad word :p) to be sellouts, and thus fair game.

Marcus Bryant
11-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Perhaps, Spurm, but he's about as serious as I am Slovenian.

-MB

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Umm yeah. Graduating in the top quarter of your class really isn't all that impressive. But I guess if that's all you got...

Oh, believe me, I have much more, but if that's all you got..well, go home kid before you get hurt. This is an adult forum.

Useruser666
11-18-2004, 02:21 PM
OMG! This is too funny! :lol

travis2
11-18-2004, 02:28 PM
This is an adult forum.

Then why are you here?

Spurminator
11-18-2004, 02:37 PM
To jack off. Duh.

travis2
11-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Ah. Gotcha.

http://www.perkydesigns.com/Pee_Wee_herman-2.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-18-2004, 03:27 PM
Oh, believe me, I have much more, but if that's all you got..well, go home kid before you get hurt. This is an adult forum.

This sounds like one of those things you heard in high school. Yeah, well my school made the playoffs last year, yours didn't, I'm better than you.

I bet you've got more Barbies than any of us too Dan.

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 03:42 PM
I bet you've got more Barbies than any of us too Dan.

Bet I've gotten more pussy than you can imagine. That's for sure.

Nbadan
11-18-2004, 03:44 PM
Oh look, Sperminator's around. What's wrong Spermy no teeny-boppers in the Club to sexually harass?

gophergeorge
11-18-2004, 03:57 PM

Dreams don't count Dan...

Duff McCartney
11-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Pretty funny cartoons.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-18-2004, 05:57 PM

Michael Moore is a rather large man, point taken.

Shelly
11-18-2004, 06:03 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nbadan

Well, it may have been the only way they could shut you up! :spin

Hook Dem
11-18-2004, 07:20 PM
Sits here and tries to imagine what part of the female population would even partake of that. Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn Thats Gross!!!!!!! :lol Was it another gorilla of equal proportions? :lmao :lmao :lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-18-2004, 07:46 PM
come on Hookem,

Transvestites need loving too.

SpursWoman
11-18-2004, 08:28 PM
Well, it may have been the only way they could shut you up! :spin

Oh, damn...... :wow :lol

Useruser666
11-18-2004, 10:27 PM
All women have a conspiracy against Dan not to give him any.

Kori Ellis
11-18-2004, 11:56 PM

http://www.fveap.org/sys-tmpl/nss-folder/casephotographs/Cats%20Furbabies%20FlippieAndCompany.jpg

Useruser666
11-19-2004, 12:35 AM
http://www.fveap.org/sys-tmpl/nss-folder/casephotographs/Cats%20Furbabies%20FlippieAndCompany.jpg

:lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-19-2004, 12:37 AM
^^^^^^^^^^

:lmao

travis2
11-19-2004, 07:44 AM
:lmao:lol:rollin:lol:lmao

General Virtue
09-20-2021, 08:53 PM
Did you see the "cartoon" of Condi Rice? ( I can't link it from work, so I ask one of my fellow "Nazis" to find it and post it...

Can you imagine the uproar if the GOP supported something like this?

Chumpettes have yet to condemn the person in the gorilla mask harassing Larry Elder.