PDA

View Full Version : La Russa Arrested for DWI

Murphy
03-22-2007, 11:36 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2807935
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Cardinals manager arrested for DUI in Florida

JUPITER, Fla. -- St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony La Russa was arrested early Thursday and charged with misdemeanor DUI after he was found asleep at the wheel in his running SUV at a green light.

La Russa's SUV was stopped at a light that, according to police, went through two cycles of green. A driver behind La Russa had to go around his vehicle, police said.

Police found La Russa slumped over in the driver's seat of the running SUV. The manager of the world champion Cardinals had his foot on the brake and did not respond to knocks on the window, police said. He finally woke up and parked the car.

Police said they noticed the smell of alcohol on his breath, and a field sobriety test was conducted.

The 62-year-old La Russa was sent to the Palm Beach County Jail around 4 a.m., according to the jail's Web site. La Russa provided breath samples, which measured at a .093 blood alcohol level, police said. The legal limit for drivers in Florida is 0.08.

Police didn't immediately return a phone message from The Associated Press seeking comment.

The Cardinals play spring training games at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Fabbs
03-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Should never do the breath sample.
A. it can be highly inaccurate.
b. ride to station could take you down below .08

Disclaimer: I hate LaRussa and i hate drunk drivers. But fair is fair.
He might have been more "driving while exhausted" then DUI.
Either way he had no business driving and endangering others lives.

Some skeevy lawyer is already working on this.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-22-2007, 12:12 PM
http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/03/larussadui.jpg

samikeyp
03-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Not the best look, Tony.

SoCalSpursFan
03-22-2007, 02:15 PM
http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/03/larussadui.jpg

Michael Douglas got arrested?

degenerate_gambler
03-22-2007, 02:22 PM
kind of a funny story, really.

it must've been a long red light and the old guy just fell asleep waiting for it to change.

MajorMike
03-22-2007, 04:02 PM
I had a kid that worked for me at Tinker that got caught cause he fell asleep in the Jack in the Box drive thru.

samikeyp
03-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Where at Tinker do you work? I have a buddy who is a fireman there.

ducks
03-22-2007, 06:30 PM
nice
way to obey the law
and people think the nba has problems with thungs
what about baseball

ManuMagic
03-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Tony Larussa should make himself run wind sprints and pay a fine to the ball club for bringing shame. Drop and give me 50 bitch!!

T Park
03-22-2007, 10:56 PM
wow he without sin cast the first stone.

I don't condone his actions but a breathlizer is horribly innacurate and .09 is the equivelant in a 6 foot person to be about 2 or 3 beers.

Holy crap....

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-22-2007, 11:10 PM

I don't condone his actions but a breathlizer is horribly innacurate and .09 is the equivelant in a 6 foot person to be about 2 or 3 beers.

Holy crap....

I knew this was going to happen.

Shouldn't you be saying Tony LaRussa is a "piece of shit"?

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2007, 11:41 PM
I knew this was going to happen.

Shouldn't you be saying Tony LaRussa is a "piece of shit"?

But he's the manager of the St. Louis Cardinals.

You're just a hater, JB.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-23-2007, 01:42 AM
But he's the manager of the St. Louis Cardinals.

You're just a hater, JB.

How can you hate a man who's arrested with (nearly) all his bling? (Yes, I'm aware he hasn't received the WS ring yet)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0322071larussa6.html

TheTruth
03-23-2007, 07:13 AM
Tpark, Didn't you have someone close to you die recently in a drunk driving accident?

MajorMike
03-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Long gone from Tinker.

MajorMike
03-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Much of the crowd of 7,353 offered La Russa a standing ovation when he entered Roger Dean Stadium before Thursday's game against the Florida Marlins.

"That was a very nice gesture when the game started," La Russa said.

Marlins ace Dontrelle Willis, arrested three months ago in Miami Beach on a DUI charge said: "He'll be fine. He didn't seem that upset. He came out there and supported his team. You heard the ovation he got."

FromWayDowntown
03-23-2007, 01:53 PM
How can you hate a man who's arrested with (nearly) all his bling? (Yes, I'm aware he hasn't received the WS ring yet)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0322071larussa6.html

How did he end up with an ALCS ring for the 2004 Cardinals?

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-23-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm sure those 7,353 will be at the steps of the county jail when Joe Sixpack (pun intended) gets released from his DUI arrest.

I'm specifically waiting for T Park's response before I say the word I'm planning to say.

Dontrelle Willis is one of my favorite players ever (I love how he seems to enjoy playing the game day-in and day-out), but he shouldn't be drinking and driving either and he has to face the consequences.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-23-2007, 01:55 PM
How did he end up with an ALCS ring for the 2004 Cardinals?

Apparently, the deputy is not a baseball fan.

T Park
03-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Whatever I say here will spun on me so why fucking bother.

Fuck you guys.

TheTruth
03-23-2007, 11:07 PM

Fuck you guys.
Fuck you, you hypocritical piece of shit.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-23-2007, 11:11 PM

Fuck you guys.

I thought this was a no-spin zone.

Okay, T Park...sell us.

Why are your thoughts in this thread not hypocritical with your thoughts in previous threads (and forget the death of a loved one, so to speak, I'm talking about the thread of SAPD cops being arrested for stealing furniture)?

Why does LaRussa get a pass when you called a poster a piece of shit and told another one to back up off of the cop bashing?

T Park
03-23-2007, 11:15 PM
Larussa gets no pass.

What he did was stupid and moronic.

Having a loved one die from it hits closer to home as well.

But ic ould say that and you fuckasses who shake my hand in person and try to be nice will shit on whatever the fuck I will say.

So once again.

Go fuck yourselves hypocrits.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Larussa gets no pass.

What he did was stupid and moronic.

Having a loved one die from it hits closer to home as well.

But ic ould say that and you fuckasses who shake my hand in person and try to be nice will shit on whatever the fuck I will say.

So once again.

Go fuck yourselves hypocrits.

Okay, then. I'll tell you to go fuck your mother the next time I see you.

Happy?

T Park
03-24-2007, 11:22 PM
Your the one who seems to love to make it personal lately.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Your the one who seems to love to make it personal lately.

Because post #21 excluded me?

You're a hypocrite, Eric, plain and simple.

As SOON as I read the news story, your reaction popped into my head. Would he call LaRussa out as he did to everybody else who has ever been behind the wheel while inebriated, or would he let up a little because he managed his favorite team to a World Series title?

Why I even had to ask myself the question is beyond me, but thank you for never failing to disappoint when we think you might actually come through for humanity and ethics.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-24-2007, 11:38 PM

Holy crap....

So let's analyze what you've done with this post.

1. You called a breathalizer "horribly inaccurate" which could be similar to the action that caused you to tell somebody to stop their cop bashing when they complained about San Marcos PD enforcing public intoxication and DUI laws.

2. Your first line seems to be in reference to people talking poorly about LaRussa and that they should restrain themselves since they are (well, unless they're Jesus Christ) without sin. Why shouldn't they say anything about LaRussa when you (and unless you're Jesus Christ, should probably listen to your own advice) called a person who claimed they were ticketed/arrested after falling asleep in their vehicle while inebriated, a "piece of shit."

Have I forgotten anything anybody? Oh, that must be it. Those posters in the other thread didn't manage the 2006 World Series Champions. Silly me.

T Park
03-25-2007, 12:43 AM
wow and you totally missed my whole reaction when bitched to about it.

Fuck you johnny, I said he fucked up, i said he will pay the price as he should.

But according to some close to the team it wasn't as bad as it seems.

But yet, you have all the info being the big bad reporter guy.

So let me bow to all of YOUR knowledge and never again try and give some inside info.

Pardon me for doing that.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-25-2007, 12:54 AM
According to the police, he was legally intoxicated and asleep at the wheel.

So are you going to be on of the 7,000 plus giving a standing ovation to Joe Sixpack when he's released from the clink?

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-25-2007, 12:55 AM
And while we're here, could I get a response to my question in post #12, please?

Oh, and kindly fornicate with your mother.