PDA

View Full Version : Coach K: Law better than Durant, Oden

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Wow, high praise...

Last week, Texas players watched the final minutes of the Aggies' win over Louisville in their locker room. As Law stepped to the free throw line in the final minute, several Longhorns made it clear the game was over because they were confident Law would make his free throws.

You don't often hear of that kind of respect from an archrival, but after Law drained that dramatic three-pointer over Kevin Durant in a double-overtime loss to UT last month, it's easy to understand their respect for Law.

"A lot of guys have talent but don't have the confidence," said Texas A&M coach Billy Gillispie. "A lot of guys have confidence but don't have the talent. He has a great combination of both that allow him to make those kind of plays."

Even Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski joined the love fest Wednesday on his weekly radio show, saying Law was better than Durant and Greg Oden.

"Sometimes you have so much confidence in your best player – his knowledge of the game, his feel for the game – that you allow him certain latitude to play, where there are no restrictions for him," coach K said. "I think he is that kind of player.

"I think Durant and Oden are amazing players, but I think Law – more than anybody in the country – is that type of player."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/jtaylor/stories/032207dnspotaylor.397d609.html

BTHOMemphis!

samikeyp
03-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Law is cold blooded...which is exactly what you need to be to succeed in the NBA.

atxrocker
03-22-2007, 12:20 PM
i like law, but such a statement is ludicrous.

samikeyp
03-22-2007, 12:24 PM
i like law, but such a statement is ludacris.

Someone call me?

http://umusicimages.ca/ludacris/microsite/info1.jpg

:lol

atxrocker
03-22-2007, 12:26 PM
:lol fixed

Extra Stout
03-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Well... yeah. Law is a battle-tested senior. Gillepsie has had three years to mold him into what he is. Oden and Durant are freshmen. There is no way they could have Law's poise and maturity.

THE ONE AND ONLY
03-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Well... yeah. Law is a battle-tested senior. Gillepsie has had three years to mold him into what he is. Oden and Durant are freshmen. There is no way they could have Law's poise and maturity.

Law is better now.
I dont know how good he was his freshman year. I cant find his stats.
Was his freshaman year when they went 0-16 in the Big 12? Plus a loss to TAMUCC.

Doug Collins
03-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Law is better now.
I dont know how good he was his freshman year. I cant find his stats.
Was his freshaman year when they went 0-16 in the Big 12? Plus a loss to TAMUCC.

Yes. Everyone sucked that year even Antoine Wright who had just won Big12 Freshman of the year.

RonMexico
03-22-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm bouncing off the walls right now - unable to contain my excitement for this game... butterflies like on game days I used to have in high school...

dallaskd
03-22-2007, 01:58 PM
:lol

degenerate_gambler
03-22-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm bouncing off the walls right now - unable to contain my excitement for this game... butterflies like on game days I used to have in high school...

you or any of the other ag posters in here going to the game?

RonMexico
03-22-2007, 02:00 PM
No, I can't go - live in Houston - gotta work tomorrow... I'm pretty sure there's a good contingent of SA people who are probably going. They should have a 19,000 person viewing party at AT&T center... hahah

RonMexico
03-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Coach K: "I joked with McRoberts last game that he can try that crying act in the NBA... I didn't think he'd take me seriously"

Ballcox
03-22-2007, 02:19 PM
I got you guys in the Final 4 of my bracket, you better win today! :smokin

Doug Collins
03-22-2007, 02:20 PM
No, I can't go - live in Houston - gotta work tomorrow... I'm pretty sure there's a good contingent of SA people who are probably going. They should have a 19,000 person viewing party at AT&T center... hahah

The entire student body better show up, especially anyone from the college of agriculture. We know they dont have to go to class...

tlongII
03-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Law is a great college player,.....but he won't do squat in the NBA. He's too small.

RonMexico
03-22-2007, 04:23 PM
6-3 190 is "too small"???... coming from the guy whose team has had Juan Dixon (6-3, 164), Steve Blake (6-3, 172), Sebastian Telfair (6-0, 160), and Jarrett Jack (6-3, 197) all run the point, I can't take too much stock in what you think.

Especially since all those players are still in the league and Telfair is the only one (and most highly touted, by the way) that has been relegated to the bench.

tlongII
03-22-2007, 06:28 PM
6-3 190 is "too small"???... coming from the guy whose team has had Juan Dixon (6-3, 164), Steve Blake (6-3, 172), Sebastian Telfair (6-0, 160), and Jarrett Jack (6-3, 197) all run the point, I can't take too much stock in what you think.

Especially since all those players are still in the league and Telfair is the only one (and most highly touted, by the way) that has been relegated to the bench.

Law will measure out at the pre-draft camp at just over 6 feet tall. He ain't 6-3 by a long shot.