PDA

View Full Version : Parking Ticket at UTSA

T-Pain
03-22-2007, 12:43 PM
on the friday before spring break (which was last week), i got a parking ticket on campus for not having a permit. The ticket is $100. I havent even bought a permit, nor is my car registered to UTSA's "records." Today I tried to pay the ticket online through ASAP, but it showed I had no tickets on file. So do I have nothing to worry about now? or should i step up and tell them i have a ticket that i want to pay for, but it doesnt show on my record? i would not say anything, but what im worried about is that the only thing they have on me is my license plate number. What im thinkin is maybe they gave it to SAPD and they might have the ticket on record, and not UTSAPD. What should I do? anybody know how this system works?

CosmicCowboy
03-22-2007, 12:47 PM
If the car is registered in your name they will have it figured out before grades come out. No pay ticket, no grades.

Taco
03-22-2007, 01:11 PM
http://www.utsa.edu/parking/pdfs_regulations/SECTION_VI.pdf

See #7 & 8

CharlieMac
03-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Ive never seen a ticket for 100 bucks. Where were you parked?

SequSpur
03-22-2007, 01:24 PM
fuk em

midgetonadonkey
03-22-2007, 01:29 PM
You better go pay it or they will put a boot on your vehicle. I learned that the hard way.

dougp
03-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Ive never seen a ticket for 100 bucks. Where were you parked?

When I was there, tickets were between like 14-25 dollars ... not 100.

CharlieMac
03-22-2007, 01:32 PM
I got one last semester for like 40 bucks. Still a pain in teh ass.

ShoogarBear
03-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Ive never seen a ticket for 100 bucks. Where were you parked?On the Dean's lawn.

Shelly
03-22-2007, 02:22 PM
On the Dean's lawn.

Or the Dean's wife...

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/animalhouse21.jpg

ShoogarBear
03-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Yes, I should have said, "on the Dean's wife's lawn".

Shelly
03-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Yes, I should have said, "on the Dean's wife's lawn".

Well, duh!

03-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Or the Dean's wife...

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/animalhouse21.jpg

"Cucumbers are sensuous, people are sensual"

tlongII
03-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Send the $100 to me. I will take care of it.

bendmz
03-22-2007, 05:24 PM
shit................ just wait for the "WARRENT ROUND-UP"

T-Pain
03-22-2007, 06:36 PM
You better go pay it or they will put a boot on your vehicle. I learned that the hard way.
well it was only like a one time thing, so theres really no way they can put a boot on my car unless i do it again

i parked in the parking lot near the new engineering buliding next to the music/art building.

i think im gonna end up paying it because i asked them about it today and they most likely have my license plate number. i didnt know what my plate number is at the time, but when i tell them, im sure they'll pull it up. so either way, im screwed. thanks for your help guys.

scott
03-22-2007, 06:42 PM
It will eventually show up in ASAP, just give it some time.

midgetonadonkey
03-22-2007, 06:49 PM
well it was only like a one time thing, so theres really no way they can put a boot on my car unless i do it again

i parked in the parking lot near the new engineering buliding next to the music/art building.

i think im gonna end up paying it because i asked them about it today and they most likely have my license plate number. i didnt know what my plate number is at the time, but when i tell them, im sure they'll pull it up. so either way, im screwed. thanks for your help guys.

They didn't have my plate number either but they found me because they looked up the name in which the vehicle is registered. I thought my ticket was going to be a one time thing but they ticketed me for having a tire on the yellow line and that's when they saw that my previous ticket was over 120 overdue. That's when they booted me.

T-Pain
03-22-2007, 06:52 PM
They didn't have my plate number either but they found me because they looked up the name in which the vehicle is registered. I thought my ticket was going to be a one time thing but they ticketed me for having a tire on the yellow line and that's when they saw that my previous ticket was over 120 overdue. That's when they booted me.
no i meant a one time thing being that i park there w/o a permit. i usually park at the university park and ride or the one at crossroads. but yeah they did tell somethin about lookin up the registration and they would have a warrant for my arrest if the ticket goes unpaid. they only have my plate number, thats it. so they got me cornered. :(

midgetonadonkey
03-22-2007, 06:53 PM
They won't put out a warrant. They will just prevent you from registering or getting your grades.

T-Pain
03-22-2007, 07:02 PM
They won't put out a warrant. They will just prevent you from registering or getting your grades.
oh i see. well id like to do both. im plannin on shellin out a rediculous $100 to them tomorrow, thanks for the pointers.

Jekka
03-22-2007, 09:08 PM
oh i see. well id like to do both. im plannin on shellin out a rediculous $100 to them tomorrow, thanks for the pointers.
You can appeal tickets to get the amount dropped some. I got three tickets there a few semesters back and ended up only paying $50.

T-Pain
03-22-2007, 09:12 PM
You can appeal tickets to get the amount dropped some. I got three tickets there a few semesters back and ended up only paying $50.
really? what did you tell them?

Jekka
03-22-2007, 10:33 PM
really? what did you tell them?
I told them that I was in the process of purchasing a permit, but that I was po' because of hold ups on my financial aid (none of it was true, I just hadn't gotten around to getting a permit), but it held up with them.

T-Pain
03-22-2007, 11:04 PM
I told them that I was in the process of purchasing a permit, but that I was po' because of hold ups on my financial aid (none of it was true, I just hadn't gotten around to getting a permit), but it held up with them.
well i could tell them i was just there real fast to drop off a paper that was due and it wasnt gonna take very long, which is partly true.

Jekka
03-22-2007, 11:39 PM
well i could tell them i was just there real fast to drop off a paper that was due and it wasnt gonna take very long, which is partly true.
If you go that route, be sure to say that all of the parking meters were occupied, and hope that they come up with a decision without checking the meter records (the new computerized system sucks ass).