PDA

View Full Version : Manny's grill removed from eBay

ShoogarBear
03-22-2007, 03:15 PM
I thought this was about something else at first.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/specials/spring_training/2007/03/22/bc.bba.manny.sgrill.ap/index.html?cnn=yes)

Manny grill removed from eBay

Bidding had risen from $3,000 to nearly $100 million

FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) -- The gas grill offered for sale by Boston Red Sox slugger Manny Ramirez has been removed from the eBay Web site -- after bidding rose to the ridiculous.

The bidding began with the minimum allowed $3,000 at 1:11 p.m. EDT Tuesday and grew to $99,999,999 by about midnight.

One of the playful offers was for $5,111.11, a reminder of the $51.11 million the Red Sox offered for the rights to negotiate with Japanese pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka.

The site gave no reason for the removal. A phone call Monday to eBay's headquarters in San Jose, Calif., was not returned. Ramirez's agent, Greg Genske, didn't respond to an e-mail Thursday.

A notice on eBay said: "This listing (120099426399) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number. If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled."

Elsewhere on the Web site, eBay provides reasons for removing a listing -- those prohibited by law, by eBay's policies or those reported by owners "offering items or containing materials that infringe their intellectual property rights."

Before the item was removed, Ramirez told the Boston Globe the grill belonged to his neighbor in Weston, Fla., and he agreed to sell it.

The eBay listing included seven photos of the grill, two with Ramirez next to it, and the message: "Hi, I'm Manny Ramirez. I bought this AMAZING grill for about $4,000 and I used it once But I never have the time to use it because I am always on the road. I would love to sell it and you will get an autographed ball signed by me. Enjoy it, Manny Ramirez."

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-22-2007, 03:20 PM
I give it a week before we see A-Rod's waffle iron.

mardigan
03-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Or Benos dildo

T Park
03-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Dirk's soiled hasselhoff panties will score a record number.

Book it.

Burn531
03-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Or Benos dildo

:lmao