PDA

View Full Version : Kobe is going off

DON VITO
03-22-2007, 09:22 PM
65 against Portland. 50 the other night. 53 right now in the 4th.

schadenfreude52
03-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Holy crap.

Kobulingam
03-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Finished with 60, shooting over 50%.

phyzik
03-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Dude is a badass, no doubt, I doubt he can sustain that level of play during a playoff series against the Spurs though. Bowen on Kobe.....

Even if he gets his 60-70 points.. who else is going to beat us while Kobe jacks up shot after shot? Luke motherfucking Walton? :lol

Will be fun to watch though.

mardigan
03-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Didnt see this thread, started one in the NBA forum

dallasmavsnfuego214
03-22-2007, 09:52 PM
my friend really thinks Dirk is the greatest player in the league right now which means he thinks he's also better than Kobe.

starting to really piss me off :pctoss

itzsoweezee
03-22-2007, 10:03 PM
kobe and the lakers must really want to play the spurs in the first round. that's kind of surprising since they know they can beat the suns

Amuseddaysleeper
03-22-2007, 10:04 PM
kobe and the lakers must really want to play the spurs in the first round. that's kind of surprising since they know they can beat the suns

after all the losing they've had i'm sure at this point they just want wins

JamStone
03-22-2007, 10:22 PM
I think with Lamar and Luke back, the Lakers are very confident against any team. They might not beat the Mavs or the Spurs in a playoff series, but I'm sure they believe they can.

Kobe's fucking ridiculous.

dbreiden83080
03-22-2007, 10:27 PM
This is Kobe's way of making sure he gets the scoring title since he knows his team has no shot come playoff time.

Russ
03-22-2007, 10:30 PM
Dude is a badass, no doubt, I doubt he can sustain that level of play during a playoff series against the Spurs though. Bowen on Kobe.....

The Lakers are a dangerous draw for the Spurs. I would much rather see Denver. :)

midgetonadonkey
03-22-2007, 10:32 PM
rapist forum

dbreiden83080
03-22-2007, 10:35 PM
The Lakers are a dangerous draw for the Spurs. I would much rather see Denver. :)

Spurs will crush the Lakers. They will let Kobe go off and shut down everyone else. Lakers are not good enough on D to match up with the Spurs. Duncan will own the paint and they will go down in 5 tops.

Trainwreck2100
rapist forum

"settled out of court racist forum" to be precise

mavsfan1000
Dirk still > Kobe though Kobe's gaining ground.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-22-2007, 10:37 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Trainwreck2100
03-22-2007, 10:43 PM

Agreed, Kobe takes out his pent up frustration on females. Whilst Dirk only does it to exercise machinery.

mardigan
03-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Yea right, gaining ground my ass, Dirk is nowhere close to Kobe, no one in the league is

Amuseddaysleeper
03-22-2007, 10:46 PM
kobe is better than dirk offensively and better than dirk defensively

basically kobe is definitely better than dirk

Chris Childs
03-22-2007, 10:46 PM

You souuuuuuuuuuuuund STUPID.

Brutalis
03-22-2007, 10:47 PM
rapist forum
/thread

dbreiden83080
03-22-2007, 10:47 PM

Your boy Dirk needs to get a ring before you put him on Kobe's level.

mavsfan1000
03-22-2007, 10:49 PM
You souuuuuuuuuuuuund STUPID.
You are stupid. :lol I'm not going to overreact and crown Kobe the best player on 3 games. It's an 82 game season if you didn't know. Kobe was slumping earlier this year. Maybe he is the better player now but Dirk has had the better overall year.

SilverPlayer
03-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Kobe is known for breaking hearts in the clutch. Is known for getting the extra rebound and flushing it. Is known for being able to take any game over at will. Is known for his defense.

Dirk is known for being a seven foot shooter from Germany who has a history of being soft.

Kobe> Dirk

ploto
03-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Spurs will crush the Lakers. They will let Kobe go off and shut down everyone else. Lakers are not good enough on D to match up with the Spurs. Duncan will own the paint and they will go down in 5 tops.
http://www.nba.com/games/20061210/SASLAL/boxscore.html

dbreiden83080
03-22-2007, 10:53 PM
http://www.nba.com/games/20061210/SASLAL/boxscore.html

You are giving me a Reg season Box score as proof the Spurs won't spank the Lakers in the playoffs. This is a fucking joke right.

dbreiden83080
03-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Kobe is known for breaking hearts in the clutch. Is known for getting the extra rebound and flushing it. Is known for being able to take any game over at will. Is known for his defense.

Dirk is known for being a seven foot shooter from Germany who has a history of being soft.

Kobe> Dirk

If the Mavs win the title it will be because their overall team is just that much better than everyone else. It will not be because Dirk carries them to the title under intense pressure in close game situations. He simply does not have it in him.

ploto
03-22-2007, 11:00 PM
It is the only time the Spurs have played the Lakers with the Lakers actually having Kobe, Odom, and Walton. Look at the box score-- Tim did not go off-- all 5 Lakers starters were in double digits-- in total opposition to your claim-- and the Spurs got outrebounded by 9. The Spurs lost 2 of 3 to the Lakers this year- there is no reason to believe they will beat the Lakers in 5 games.

dbreiden83080
03-22-2007, 11:10 PM
It is the only time the Spurs have played the Lakers with the Lakers actually having Kobe, Odom, and Walton. Look at the box score-- Tim did not go off-- all 5 Lakers starters were in double digits-- in total opposition to your claim-- and the Spurs got outrebounded by 9. The Spurs lost 2 of 3 to the Lakers this year- there is no reason to believe they will beat the Lakers in 5 games.

Playoffs my man playoffs Lakers have no shot against the Spurs. Spurs have a team built on defense and they have won multiple titles together. Lakers have Kobe and a mix of young talent and vets who for the most part play like shit when Kobe is having a big game. There are only 2 teams that can beat the Spurs in the playoffs, Mavs and Suns nobody else has a shot.

DOMINATOR
03-22-2007, 11:13 PM
You are stupid. :lol I'm not going to overreact and crown Kobe the best player on 3 games. It's an 82 game season if you didn't know. Kobe was slumping earlier this year. Maybe he is the better player now but Dirk has had the better overall year.
werent you complaining in some other thread that Kobe doesnt pass and make his teammates better? well thats what he was doing earlier in the season until all the injuries. lately phil jackson asked him to score more earlier in the game... well guess what hes doing
also kobe started the season coming off an injury.

if the mavs suffered the injuries the lakers and a few other teams have no way they would have the record they have now.

kobe also had 5 boards and 4 assist with only 2 TOs... thats damn good for scoring 60 points.

raspsa
03-22-2007, 11:31 PM
The way Kobe can turn it on and carry his team. I definitely think the Spurs are better off facing the Nuggets is the 1st round. The lakers have shown earlier in the Season how potent they can be when they play team ball. Spurs will have to bring their best game if they hope to beat LA.

dbreiden83080
03-22-2007, 11:35 PM
The way Kobe can turn it on and carry his team. I definitely think the Spurs are better off facing the Nuggets is the 1st round. The lakers have shown earlier in the Season how potent they can be when they play team ball. Spurs will have to bring their best game if they hope to beat LA.

The Lakers have played like shit in the 2nd half what are you talking about?

SRJ
03-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Kobe is a brilliant player, obviously. But performances like these beg the question:

Where was this in game seven versus the Suns last year?

For a guy who's been a big part of three championsip teams, for a guy with his reputation as a clutch assassin, for a guy who can score 50 almost every time he hits the floor, to take two shots in the second half of a game seven is baffling.

I've never been satisfied by any explanations I have heard about his performance in that game. It was obvious Phoenix was going to win it, but Kobe sure as hell didn't go down swinging.

Fabbs
03-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Remove this stenchy thread from the Spurs section.

RC's Boss
03-22-2007, 11:47 PM
me too

itzsoweezee
03-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Kobe is a brilliant player, obviously. But performances like these beg the question:

For a guy who's been a big part of three championsip teams, for a guy with his reputation as a clutch assassin, for a guy who can score 50 almost every time he hits the floor, to take two shots in the second half of a game seven is baffling.

I've never been satisfied by any explanations I have heard about his performance in that game. It was obvious Phoenix was going to win it, but Kobe sure as hell didn't go down swinging.

i don't doubt kobe's talent. but his basketball IQ/decision making really makes me doubt whether he has the capability of being the main man on a championship-caliber team.

bdictjames
03-23-2007, 12:15 AM
Actually Im scared of us facing the Rockets.

TonyParkerSux
03-23-2007, 12:47 AM
:toast :smokin :fro :clap :downspin: :ihit :rollin :danceclub

We Laker fans can't really expect a ring from this squad, but Kobe sure is one hell of an awsome talent to be able to watch.....

Purple & Gold
03-23-2007, 01:42 AM

Now this is actually the first post against Kobe that is actually valid. All the rest are Haters.

I think it was a combination of Kobe being pissed at his teammates, thinking that if his teammates could hit their wide open shots then they could get back in the game, and a statement to Phil and his teammates.

Kobe knew we weren't winning it all last year. So he stopped shooting as a message to the F.O. and Phil to get some help. He was pissed we had it at 3-1 and gave the series away. Should he have stopped shooting? No. But this is Kobe and he knows it's a marathon not a sprint. It sets him up for future years with the organization. And he's proving his point again this year. A little bit of a power struggle within the Franchise. As long as he backs it up, I have to back him up on his power moves. He has many years left and with his conditioning and work ethic, I see no reason why he can't play 10+ years at an elite level.

phyzik
03-23-2007, 02:41 AM
Kobe is WAY better than Dirk as an individual player, Hell I think he is a way better individual player than Duncan.....

Problem is, individuals do NOT win titles.... FUCKING PERIOD.

Kobe is not a person that raises the game for the whole team, ala Tim and Dirk (and definitely not MJ).

I don't care if Kobe goes for 80, all that means in a playoff series is that the Lakers will get like 87 to 94 points against the Spurs or Dallas or even Phoenix while everyone else gets shut down... now tell me Kobe can do that 4 games straight, or even through a seven game series. I love Kobe as a player and a baller (as a human being I honestly don't know, I'm indifferent), but a leader he is not. Lakers out in the first round whoever they play against, book it.

atxrocker
03-23-2007, 02:47 AM
phyzik, you're a hater.

TonyParkerSux
03-23-2007, 03:02 AM
Kobe is WAY better than Dirk as an individual player, Hell I think he is a way better individual player than Duncan.....

Problem is, individuals do NOT win titles.... FUCKING PERIOD.

Kobe is not a person that raises the game for the whole team, ala Tim and Dirk (and definitely not MJ).

I don't care if Kobe goes for 80, all that means in a playoff series is that the Lakers will get like 87 to 94 points against the Spurs or Dallas or even Phoenix while everyone else gets shut down... now tell me Kobe can do that 4 games straight, or even through a seven game series. I love Kobe as a player and a baller (as a human being I honestly don't know, I'm indifferent), but a leader he is not. Lakers out in the first round whoever they play against, book it.

:drunk

Medvedenko
03-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Like I said in my earlier posts regarding KB24. You put talent around him...they win the ring.
Also, if any one of the spurs, mavs or suns had a player win 3 straight games and average 58 pg during that run, this sight would implode with homerism. Hell, Manu getting 30 points this sight has about 30 threads stating Manu should be an allstar blah, blah....Take the greatness for what it is....everyone matches up to Kobe in the L. Kobe matches up with Wilt and Jordan...that's the difference.

mardigan
03-23-2007, 11:19 AM
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/sethhoward/nba_g_bryant_412.jpg

Here ya go Laker fans

DarrinS
03-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Screw that ball hog.

I know he wants to be like MJ, but he'll never be a leader and he'll never make players around him better.

mardigan
03-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Yet he still averaged over 3 assists a game the last 3 games during 3 straight wins, right. Im sure that teams knowing Kobe can score 60 points in a game doesnt affect opposing defenses and wont get his other teamates open looks further down the road. People are blinded by their hate

DarrinS
03-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Yet he still averaged over 3 assists a game the last 3 games during 3 straight wins, right. Im sure that teams knowing Kobe can score 60 points in a game doesnt affect opposing defenses and wont get his other teamates open looks further down the road. People are blinded by their hate

3 assists per game?!!!

Woo hoooo!!!!

Doesn't Nash average over 10?

mardigan
03-23-2007, 11:39 AM
3 assists per game?!!!

Woo hoooo!!!!

Doesn't Nash average over 10?

Are you stupid? You realize that he has scored over 50 every one of those games right? Whens the last time Nash got close to that? Better question, how many all stars does Nash have to pass too compared to Kobe? Even better question, what exactly is Kobes position? SHOOTING GUARD. That means he is suppsoed to shoot, not pass. Nash is a point, its his job to pass, maybe you dont understand the basic positions of basketball. All I know is that when he wasnt shooting, they were losing, now they are winning. And over 3 assists a game is great while averaging over 50, thats what Manu averages, and he doesnt drop 60

Medvedenko
03-23-2007, 01:00 PM
DarrinS... is completely delusional....They guys is averaging #'s you haven't seen in what....40+ years...and you still hate. Dude, put down that Bonner jersey and see the greatness for what it is. His team is injury plagued....Radman and Mo Evans their sparks off the bench are injured...Brown is playing on 1 leg and Odom and Walton just returned. Plus, Walton didn't even play in the 50 point game because of injury. Oh, and they have a guy named Smush leading the point.....plus they play the Tri....

Medvedenko
03-23-2007, 01:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAaB3UOk2m0

Watch....60..also a link of the 56 in 3 quarters from a few years ago is on there as well.

DarrinS
03-23-2007, 01:18 PM
What's even MORE amazing is that Kobe did it against the some of the best teams in the NBA

PORTLAND

MINNESOTA

and the MIGHTY MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

David Robinson scored 71 points in a game one time.

It was against the LA Clippers in 1994.

Medvedenko
03-23-2007, 01:25 PM
I know shitty teams...didn't your boys just lose to the Celtics....shitty team indeed.
With your logic they should have had a guy score 60+....oh and your sig is even more damning.....You complain about a guy scoring at a high level and who has been in a zone for a week, let alone a game and you quote DRob scoring 71 against the Clips...hahahahahahahahaha, where he was spoon fed the entire game....fuck you're dumb. Oh, and if was a kid...you just pwned yourself.....lol.

DarrinS
03-23-2007, 01:27 PM
THIS JUST IN....

Wilt Chamberlain scored a 100 points in a game in 1962.

DarrinS
03-23-2007, 01:28 PM
oh and your sig is even more damning.....You complain about a guy scoring at a high level and who has been in a zone for a week, let alone a game and you quote DRob scoring 71 against the Clips...hahahahahahahahaha, where he was spoon fed the entire game....fuck you're dumb. Oh, and if was a kid...you just pwned yourself.....lol.

I guess you didn't understand.

It's called sarcasm.

Let me know if you need any more help.

mardigan
03-23-2007, 01:29 PM
THIS JUST IN....

Wilt Chamberlain scored a 100 points in a game in 1962.
Whats your point? Kobe scored 81. So what. Your are such a Spur homer it is out of control

Medvedenko
03-23-2007, 01:30 PM
What's sarcastic about your posts....especially the early ones. I guess I don't get...

DarrinS
03-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Whats your point? Kobe scored 81. So what. Your are such a Spur homer it is out of control

My point is, who gives a shit about Kobe's scoring streak against the NBA's bottom-feeders?

:wakeup

mardigan
03-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Fans of watching amazing players do amazing things, no matter who it is against. The same way all of us Spur fans freaked out when Manu scored 24 straight against the Hawks

dirk4mvp
03-23-2007, 01:38 PM
My point is, who gives a shit about Kobe's scoring streak against the NBA's bottom-feeders?

:wakeup

Great players play shitty teams all the time. I haven't seen them do what Kobe is doing.

mardigan
03-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Great players play shitty teams all the time. I haven't seen them do what Kobe is doing.
Exactly

Medvedenko
03-23-2007, 01:41 PM
I remember when Kobe scored 62 in 3 vs the mavs last season...weere they shitty. I guess scoring 58 points per game is old hat. Kobe will score 40 tonight and it will be a shitty game. Keep yapping...losing credibility with every post.

DarrinS
03-23-2007, 01:47 PM
I think it's better for a TEAM to have a more balanced offense. That's all I'm saying. I remember seeing a lot of games where Iverson scored a lot of points and Philly would lose. But what do I know? I'm just a stupid Spurs homer. :fro

If you guys are interested, there's a thread called "Kobe's nuts are salty" over on the Lakers forum.

mardigan
03-23-2007, 01:52 PM
I think it's better for a TEAM to have a more balanced offense. That's all I'm saying. I remember seeing a lot of games where Iverson scored a lot of points and Philly would lose. But what do I know? I'm just a stupid Spurs homer. :fro

If you guys are interested, there's a thread called "Kobe's nuts are salty" over on the Lakers forum.
Thats cool, because Im a Laker fan an all. I am just a basketball fan who enjoys all basketball, I may hold my allegience to the Spurs, but it doesnt mean I cant appreciate the great play of another player. There is a thread over on spursreport.com called "Spur homers that dont know as much as they think they know about basketball". You should probably go check it out

Medvedenko
03-23-2007, 01:58 PM
It's like Kobe never scored big points in his career prior to the last few years. He did average 30 points with Shaq as a teammate....remember.

DarrinS
03-23-2007, 02:02 PM
It's like Kobe never scored big points in his career prior to the last few years. He did average 30 points with Shaq as a teammate....remember.

What's a teammate?

Sincerely, K.
http://www.kobe-bryant.us/images/kobe-home.gif

TonyParkerSux
03-23-2007, 02:24 PM
What's a teammate?

Sincerely, K.
http://www.kobe-bryant.us/images/kobe-home.gif

As A Spurs fan, you should be glad that he currently lacks teammates. The last time he has a team behind him the Lakers went ahead and won 3 rings in a row....

1Parker1
03-23-2007, 02:30 PM
I don't even understand how any knowledgable basketball fan who appreciates good basketball and talent can try and discount Kobe's past 3 games or even his talent overall. :rolleyes

Here's the most telling thing of all about Kobe: Is anyone even surprised that he's scored 55+ points three games in a row? If Any other player in the NBA right now had accomplished this, "Experts" "so called "fans" and every analyst in the basketball world would be going nuts.

I don't think people realize how hard it is in this day and age in the NBA to score that many points on 50% shooting. There are times when the Spurs as a team barely reach 60 points after three quarters!

Appreciate the game and stop the hating. I don't understand how some people call themselves basketball fans. :rolleyes

ShoogarBear
03-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Soon, she's gonna be 1Kobe1.

1Parker1
03-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Oh and I'll state this for the record: If you are trying to compare individual talent....Dirk doesn't even belong in the same class as Kobe. Talk to me the next time Dirk learns to take over a game, come through in the clutch, learns to defend, and oh wins an NBA championship or 2.

1Parker1
03-23-2007, 02:35 PM

:lmao I'm halfway there. Do you disagree with me?

angel_luv
03-23-2007, 02:37 PM

That and/ or Kobe publicist :depressed

ShoogarBear
03-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Talk to me the next time Dirk comes from Philly!!!

Ya!!! Whoooo!!!!

ShoogarBear
03-23-2007, 02:46 PM
:lmao I'm halfway there. Do you disagree with me?I don't think anyone questions Kobe's ability. He's the only player in the league that you can legitimately say has no weaknesses. It's always been about his attitude.

I think he's matured a lot since Shaq and the legal issues, and I think he's a lot more sincere about wanting to be a team player. But he still has moments like game 7 of the PHX series last year when you just look at him and go WTF?

1Parker1
03-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Shit, every player in the NBA has moments in big games where you go WTF? I said the same thing in the 4th quarter of Game 5 of the 2005 NBA Finals about Duncan, the same thing about Dirk in the Finals Games 3-6 last year, etc.

His attitude has always been in question. But I could care less. Here's the thing about Kobe that people always get messed up about: He may be a questionable person off the court or even as a team-mate, but when it comes to pure basketball talent and skills in the game today, he has to be right up there if not the best.

1Parker1
03-23-2007, 02:50 PM
That and/ or Kobe publicist :depressed

Shoot...if the pay is good, I'd take it! :)

TonyParkerSux
03-23-2007, 02:51 PM
I don't think anyone questions Kobe's ability. He's the only player in the league that you can legitimately say has no weaknesses. It's always been about his attitude.

I think he's matured a lot since Shaq and the legal issues, and I think he's a lot more sincere about wanting to be a team player. But he still has moments like game 7 of the PHX series last year when you just look at him and go WTF?

yaeh, that one was indefensable(sp). I'm actually surprised that he didn't get killed by the media more than he did.

Medvedenko
03-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Last year against the suns hurt, definitely. Maybe we'll get our chance and play them again in the first round. We'll see....I do love the hate though, anyone I mean anyone avg 58 points per game over 3 while shooting 50+% the NBA and media would blow themselves...especially if it was Wade or Lebron.

1Parker1
03-23-2007, 02:57 PM
I still am waiting for him to go for 82 this season ...:)

ShoogarBear
03-23-2007, 02:59 PM
When you list the most overall talented players of the past 20 years, there's MJ and there's Kobe. I think MJ is definitely better, but the point is there's nobody else in the discussion.

They both have/had huge egos, but the difference is that not even Jordan's biggest critic would accuse him of being emotionally capable of doing the crap that Kobe did against the Suns. And could you imagine Jordan NOT finding a way to co-exist with Shaq? No friggin way.

LongBall
03-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Kobe is a great player but a shitty person. Guess what, it doesn't matter what kind of person he is since the only use he has to anyone outside of his family is the fact that he plays basketball for our entertainment. That is all he is good for, and he is great at it. Enjoy the fucker while he's still able to do it

angel_luv
03-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Shoot...if the pay is good, I'd take it! :)

You need an intervention.

I still am waiting for him to go for 82 this season ...:)

I am sure he will try for it repeatedly- whether or not the game requires him to or no.

mardigan
03-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Kobe is a great player but a shitty person. Guess what, it doesn't matter what kind of person he is since the only use he has to anyone outside of his family is the fact that he plays basketball for our entertainment. That is all he is good for, and he is great at it. Enjoy the fucker while he's still able to do it
You know him personally or what?

DarrinS
03-23-2007, 03:34 PM
As A Spurs fan, you should be glad that he currently lacks teammates. The last time he has a team behind him the Lakers went ahead and won 3 rings in a row....

:sleep

Medvedenko
03-23-2007, 03:45 PM
We are all witnesses to the greatness. I used to hate MJ and was a pure hater of all his abilities back in the day. I called him selfish, shitty team player, (not to mention his off court issues)...but after a while I appreciated his talent and what he brought to the game. Kobe is the closest we'll get to a Jordan in our lifetime. Best selling Jersey in China and the US...arguably the most popular and infamous player in the NBA, not to mention all of sports.

mabber
03-23-2007, 03:50 PM
We are all witnesses to the greatness. I used to hate MJ and was a pure hater of all his abilities back in the day. I called him selfish, shitty team player, (not to mention his off court issues)...but after a while I appreciated his talent and what he brought to the game. Kobe is the closest we'll get to a Jordan in our lifetime. Best selling Jersey in China and the US...arguably the most popular and infamous player in the NBA, not to mention all of sports.

Not likely. Someone always comes along.

dbreiden83080
03-23-2007, 04:09 PM
They might as well just award Dallas the title now. The only team that could ever stop this well-oiled machine would be the Chicago Bulls led by Michael Jeffery Jordan. And, sadly...that just isn't going to happen.

Book it because I never flip-flop.

Yikes are you overconfident. How did the Mavs do when they choked their ass off against the Suns a week ago. You think the Suns have no shot against your squad dream on. Spurs as well they have the experience and the talent to challenge you big time. Dallas is not deserving of the kind of credit you just gave them, not even close.

DarrinS
03-23-2007, 04:18 PM

He does have his share of fans.

http://www.glennbeck.com/picoftheday/10-24-03-pod.jpg

Kevin Blackistone
03-23-2007, 04:23 PM
They might as well just award Dallas the title now. The only team that could ever stop this well-oiled machine would be the Chicago Bulls led by Michael Jeffery Jordan. And, sadly...that just isn't going to happen.

Book it because I never flip-flop.

That is 100% unadulterated nonsense. Here's the proof in the pudding, the Lakers have a guy like Kobe who can go off and score more than anyone. They are the favorites. Thank you, thank you.

mabber
03-23-2007, 04:24 PM
That is 100% unadulterated nonsense. Here's the proof in the pudding, the Lakers have a guy like Kobe who can go off and score more than anyone. They are the favorites. Thank you, thank you.

You're unemployed, sport.

mardigan
03-23-2007, 04:24 PM
You got to get a Blackistone avatar before anyone will take you seriously

Kevin Blackistone
03-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Kobe Bryant, he's our man. If Kobe can't score 65, you think Kwame Brown can?

mabber
03-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Kobe Bryant, he's our man. If Kobe can't score 65, you think Kwame Brown can?

Yeah, I'm watching as well. Straight from Blackistone's mouth :lol

dirk4mvp
03-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Yikes are you overconfident. How did the Mavs do when they choked their ass off against the Suns a week ago. You think the Suns have no shot against your squad dream on. Spurs as well they have the experience and the talent to challenge you big time. Dallas is not deserving of the kind of credit you just gave them, not even close.

You're a dumbass for taking that seriously.

Kevin Blackistone
03-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Kevin Blackistone
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Kevin Blackistone is a former reporter and columnist for The Dallas Morning News from 1986 to 2006, and is a regular panelist for ESPN's Around the Horn.

[edit] Career
He was born in Washington, D.C. and raised in Hyattsville, Maryland, and started his career in journalism as a city side reporter at The Boston Globe newspaper. In 1983, he wrote for The Chicago Reporter, a monthly investigative magazine on Chicago's racial and social issues. In 1986, Blackistone joined The Dallas Morning News newspaper as a reporter in the City section; he later moved to the Business section covering economics, and the Metropolitan section covering city events and issues.

After covering Nelson Mandela's U.S. tour in 1990, he moved to SportsDay to cover sports business and write columns. A year later, he became a full-time SportsDay columnist.

In September 2006, Blackistone was one of 111 journalists to accept a buyout offer from The News, forcing his departure from the newspaper on September 15, 2006. Editor Bob Mong, in an article on the buyouts, wrote of Blackistone: "His thoughtful and probing journalism almost always stimulated response from readers, and, in this hyper-busy world, that's saying something."

Blackistone, despite no longer working for the paper, is still on Around the Horn.

[edit] Awards
Blackistone's several honors include first- and second-place awards for sports column writing from the Texas Associated Press Managing Editors (APME), a Chicago Newspaper Guild award for investigative reporting, and a National Association of Black Journalists award for enterprise reporting. He was also a member of a team that won a Texas APME award and, several times, a finalist for a Press Club of Dallas Katie Award.

Wikipedia is truly taking over the world

slayermin
03-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Best selling Jersey in China and the US...arguably the most popular and infamous player in the NBA, not to mention all of sports.

Yeah, and him changing to 24 didn't have anything to do with that?

Medvedenko
03-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Of course changing your # gives a boost to your jersey sales...but he sees nominal return as he's a NIKE employee and the Jerseys are made by Addidas.

dbreiden83080
03-23-2007, 05:14 PM
You're a dumbass for taking that seriously.

Oh alright i guess i will check all future posts for SARCASM from now on ASSHOLE.

dirk4mvp
03-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Oh alright i guess i will check all future posts for SARCASM from now on ASSHOLE.

Well when you're replying to someone with the username Jay Mariotti, I'd think that'd be the correct thing to do.

mardigan
03-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Kobe has 27 at the half

mardigan
03-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Kobe, 37 points with 9 minutes left in the 3rd

ShoogarBear
03-23-2007, 09:25 PM
That sound you hear is 1Parker1 orgasming.

missmyzte
03-23-2007, 09:30 PM
4th 50-point game in a row! Only Wilt has done it before.

DOMINATOR
03-23-2007, 10:18 PM
wilt holds record 7 straight 50+

SequSpur
03-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Kobe Ejaculator Forum. :rolleyes

mardigan
03-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Kobe Ejaculator Forum. :rolleyes
I think he deserves at least a f.j. for what he has been doing

Purple & Gold
03-24-2007, 03:46 PM
1Parker1 might be the best Spurs fan poster on here.