PDA

View Full Version : Euroleague playoff

velik_m
03-23-2007, 12:57 PM
(www.euroleague.net)

Match-ups (best of three format):

Tau Ceramica (Scola) vs. Olympiacos (April 03, 2007 20:30 CET 20:30 LT)

CSKA Moscow vs. Maccabi Elite (April 03, 2007 18:15 CET 20:15 LT)

Panathinaikos (Javtokas) vs. Dynamo Moscow (April 03, 2007 19:45 CET 20:45 LT)

Unicaja vs. Winterthur FCB (April 03, 2007 20:45 CET 20:45 LT)

First written teams have HCA.

http://www.euroleague.net/devotion/video-highlights

velik_m
04-03-2007, 12:52 PM
bump.

CSKA just ass-raped Maccabi in their first game.

velik_m
04-03-2007, 01:08 PM
CSKA Moscow - Maccabi Elite (http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/showgame?gamecode=218) 80 - 58.

I just looked at analysis by "experts" at euroleague.net and they all have CSKA, Tau, Panathinaikos and Barcelona in final four, and i couldn't agree more. Still Barca-Unicaja should be interesting as Unicaja hold the HCA.

endrity
04-03-2007, 05:26 PM
I used to live in Europe and watch a lot of Euroleague, too bad I can't anymore.

velik_m
04-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Tau Ceramica - Olympiacos 84 - 59 (Scola 8 pts 9rebs 1as in 20min)
CSKA Moscow - Maccabi Elite 80 - 58
Unicaja - Winterthur FCB 91 - 75
Panathinaikos - Dynamo Moscow 80 - 58 (Javtokas 0pts 3reb 1stl in 11min)

A rather one-sided event for home teams.

velik_m
04-04-2007, 02:49 PM
I used to live in Europe and watch a lot of Euroleague, too bad I can't anymore.

NBA TV has some games.

The second round is tommorow.

Bruno
04-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Pana, CSKA and Tau are by far the best teams.
Quarterfinal are quite boring but the final four should be great.

velik_m
04-05-2007, 01:22 AM
Pana, CSKA and Tau are by far the best teams.
Quarterfinal are quite boring but the final four should be great.

Yeah and not just the qf, they were clear favourites from the start and the entire Euroleague was a bit boring this year. Should be an exciting final four though. Hope Barca pulls their shit together.

velik_m
04-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Winterthur FCB - Unicaja 80 - 58
(series tied 1:1)

Dynamo Moscow - Panathinaikos 65 - 73 (Javtokas 2pts 2rebs in 9min)
(Pao won the series 2:0)

Olympiacos - Tau Ceramica 89 - 95 (Scola 20pts 10rebs 3ast 3stl in 30min)
(Tau won the series 2:0)

Maccabi Elite - CSKA Moscow 68 - 56
(series tied 1:1)

Awesome game by Scola. Panathinaikos and Tau will face each other in semifinals at the final four (Final four will be played in Pao's home court in Athens).

velik_m
04-06-2007, 08:40 AM
By the way, Bruno if you're reading this (or anyone else) - Prigioni and Papaloukas were not drafted right? What's their contract status?

Bruno
04-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Both have not been drafted and can sign with a nba team as a free agent.

Papaloukas has signed a 3 years contract last summer. He earns a lot of money (people say that he is the most paid player outside the nba) and doesn't seem interested by playing in the nba.

I have googled for Prigioni : he is under contract until 08. I don't know his salary but it should be quite high because he has the spanish nationality and "spanish" players are paid a lot in Spain with the quota rule. I don't see him leaving Tau to play in nba : he will likely be paid less in nba, he is quite old and it's not sure he would succeed in nba because he is quite slow/unathletic to guard fastest nba PGs.

Among euroleague PGs, I think that Aaron Miles (Pau) will sign with a nba team this summer as 3rd PG. Will Bynum (Maccabi) will maybe do the same thing if his contract allow him to leave for the nba this summer.

velik_m
04-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Both have not been drafted and can sign with a nba team as a free agent.

Papaloukas has signed a 3 years contract last summer. He earns a lot of money (people say that he is the most paid player outside the nba) and doesn't seem interested by playing in the nba.

I have googled for Prigioni : he is under contract until 08. I don't know his salary but it should be quite high because he has the spanish nationality and "spanish" players are paid a lot in Spain with the quota rule. I don't see him leaving Tau to play in nba : he will likely be paid less in nba, he is quite old and it's not sure he would succeed in nba because he is quite slow/unathletic to guard fastest nba PGs.

Among euroleague PGs, I think that Aaron Miles (Pau) will sign with a nba team this summer as 3rd PG. Will Bynum (Maccabi) will maybe do the same thing if his contract allow him to leave for the nba this summer.

Thanks!

Too bad about Papaloukas. Maybe he'll get tired of winning :spin

I still think Prigioni would be a good backup pg in NBA, but yeah his defense would be an issue.