PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Corwin attacked by an elephant

TMTTRIO
03-24-2007, 12:36 PM
I just found this video. First it was Steve Irwin, that unfortunately turned into a tragic incident and now this (luckily it wasn't that bad). As long as they work with wild animals something like this is going to occur. Here's the video of it. Warning it's a little graphic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUCeRHKSslU

ashbeeigh
03-24-2007, 12:40 PM
I saw that on CNN. They were doing a segment on Animal Rescues. While he was talking to anderson Cooper one of the elephants he was with just pulled his arm a little too tight. They empthasized that elephants are very loving and caring animals, they just don't know how strong they are, before this "attack" occured. All my own opinion, of course.

sa_butta
03-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Is his arm broken?

johnsmith
03-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Is his arm broken?

That had to break his arm, or at least dislocate it.

Fillmoe
03-24-2007, 12:56 PM
i woulda got back up and beat the shit out that elephant

sa_butta
03-24-2007, 01:07 PM
i woulda got back up and beat the shit out that elephant:elephant
:blah

Fillmoe
03-24-2007, 01:08 PM
pimpin im indian....... im a trained elephant hunter........... i once strangled an elephant with my bare hands.....

resistanze
03-24-2007, 01:10 PM
i woulda got back up and beat the shit out that elephant :lol :lol :lol

------------------------------------------------------------
What Corwin said on the CNN blog:

"Truth is that elephant is easily 15,000 times stronger than my meager self, and if she had wanted to, she could have done far worse than crushing a bit of ligament and muscle."

So the elephant kicked his ass because it liked him. We learn something new everyday.

mardigan
03-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Corwin is a hardass

whottt
03-24-2007, 01:15 PM
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/

What it's like to be tossed by an elephant
An elephant grabs hold of Jeff Corwin's arm while filming with Anderson Cooper.

PHNOM PENH, Cambodia -- Alas, in the end, the elephant got the better of me. Now I know that pachyderms not only like to gobble peanuts down their gullets, but the occasional elbow as well. Yikes!

Truth is that elephant is easily 15,000 times stronger than my meager self, and if she had wanted to, she could have done far worse than crushing a bit of ligament and muscle. Lucky for me, no broken bones, hopefully no connective tissue torn (will have to wait till I get home to find out about that). (Watch Jeff Corwin get tossed by an elephant)

In the end, this experience is a reminder to me just how powerful these majestic creatures are (same goes for many other species as well). The elephant who took to nibbling on my elbow may be strong, but her strength does not hold up to the impact that deforestation and poaching is having on her species, the Asian elephant.

Just a century ago, there were many thousands of elephants roaming and thriving throughout the rainforests of Southeast Asia, but tragically today, their population has been dramatically reduced, almost to near extinction in the wild.

Today in Cambodia, there may be only a few hundred of these intelligent, mighty and charismatic behemoths left. What a tragedy it would be to lose the Asian elephant. My advice to you, though, is if you're ever taking a bath with an elephant, keep your elbow out of its mouth!

For more information on conservation issues in this region, check out: Wildlife Alliance
Posted By Jeff Corwin, Wildlife Biologist: 9:45 AM ET
82 Comments | Add a Comment

whottt
03-24-2007, 01:15 PM
i woulda got back up and beat the shit out that elephant
:lol

Fillmoe
03-24-2007, 01:22 PM
my girls cambodian and she wants me to go to cambodia with her...... another reason to tell her to go fuck herself... :lol :lol

ashbeeigh
03-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Is his arm broken?

After it happened, the showed his arm, on CNN. He said it wasn't broken, but mostly likely a pretty bad strain. His bicep was pretty strained and red, from what I could tell. I'm sure if t becomes a huge YouTube success they'll reair the whole thing again.

midgetonadonkey
03-24-2007, 01:46 PM
:lmao That's funny shit.

ALVAREZ6
03-24-2007, 03:45 PM
lesson learned: don't fuck with animals.

T Park
03-25-2007, 12:06 AM
he doesnt fuck with em, he really loves them and just tries to document them.

Corwin is a funny dude whos got a great show.

ALVAREZ6
03-26-2007, 08:57 AM
he doesnt fuck with em, he really loves them and just tries to document them.

Corwin is a funny dude whos got a great show.Well, he invades the space of animals...you think some snakes want to be handled by him? Everyone knows he's not really "fucking" with them, and that he doesn't try to hurt them, but he bothers a lot of them nonetheless.

spyder
03-27-2007, 05:33 AM
pwnd!!

Ronaldo McDonald
03-30-2007, 05:29 AM
LMFAO at AC just standing there for like a second before it hits him that Corwin is fucked.