PDA

View Full Version : Beno Playing in the 2nd Half

The Truth #6
03-24-2007, 11:47 PM
It struck me odd that Pop went to Beno in the second half. I wonder if Pop is still trying to see what he has in Beno, and if he will play Beno in the playoffs.

Overall it seems like Pop hasn't decided on what the playoff rotation will be, which doesn't seem to be the ideal situation but understandable because of the general inconsistency from the bench.

Any thoughts?

mikeanthony21
03-24-2007, 11:49 PM
It struck me odd that Pop went to Beno in the second half. I wonder if Pop is still trying to see what he has in Beno, and if he will play Beno in the playoffs.

Overall it seems like Pop hasn't decided on what the playoff rotation will be, which doesn't seem to be the ideal situation but understandable because of the general inconsistency from the bench.

Any thoughts?

I was shocked to see Beno come off the bench ahead of Vaughn. I thought Beno had become the Human Victory Cigar. :hat

timvp
03-25-2007, 12:22 AM
Vaughn has regressed some of late. His energy hasn't been as high as it was a couple weeks ago.

Not sure why.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-25-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm still tryin to figure out how Oberto regressed so badly to the point of where I cringe more when he's on the floor than Oberto. Oberto was never really a small scale savior or anything but there was a stretch where seemed like a more than adequate center.

wtf went wrong?

phxspurfan
03-25-2007, 02:48 AM
teams figured out how to box him out, rotate to those 5 foot jumpers, scare him into blowing backdoor layups and match him up against either bigger/stronger players or quicker players?

Chris
03-25-2007, 03:16 AM
Not really odd to see Beno in there. Pop is trying to see where his point guards are come playoff time. As long as boy wonder can abstain from turning the ball over and taking ridiculous shots he might see some minutes in crucial games in the future. Anyone else miss the rookie Beno?

Bruno
03-25-2007, 07:35 AM
Beno is playing the second half when Vaughn sucks in the first one. Pop has done the same thing with Beno when he was the backup PG.

I hated that when Beno was the backup PG because it hurted the few confidence left in Beno and because Vaughn wasn't effective (he doesn't know the team well enough).
With Vaughn as backup PG, it creat less problems : Vaughn is a solid vet and being benched ofr few games won't hurt his confidence, Beno knows the team enough to be effective as soon as he enters in the game.

wildbill2u
03-25-2007, 08:56 AM
If you don't play your PG backups in big games during the regular season, they won't be ready for big games in the playoffs.

What do you do if Parker goes down with an injury in the playoffs? You can't throw in the towel and quit in the NBA.

SequSpur
03-25-2007, 11:07 AM
beno is not a got damn pg. hell.. playing with vaughn when parker was out.. he looked better than steve kerr... I mean wtf man? pop is droppin games just to be a stubborn dipshit.. and most of you try to breakdown his tactics while the short bus picks his ass up at the att center..

Gros Membres!
03-25-2007, 11:33 AM
I do think he's a SG not a PG. He's an adequate ball handler and Pop seems to think he's a great replacement for Tony because no one else can handle the ball? Really? I think Manu is a better PG than Beno and Beno has proved he can make things happen from the SG spot (see Portland game).

I do like the idea of getting Beno's confidence up and making Vaughn play for his minutes a little more. This is the Spurs, after all, not the Nets.

Obstructed_View
03-25-2007, 07:16 PM
If you don't play your PG backups in big games during the regular season, they won't be ready for big games in the playoffs.

What do you do if Parker goes down with an injury in the playoffs? You can't throw in the towel and quit in the NBA.
Obviously you haven't seen the spurs pack up the tents early before. :) I completely agree with the first part of your post.