PDA

View Full Version : Thank You President Ahmadinejad

whottt
03-25-2007, 03:09 AM
Anyone read the latest?

Allegedly the British Troops were captured in response to the arrest of several Iranian Soldiers in Iraq by US forces.

Hmmm...Mamoud's solution to a problem? Take a few hostages....where have I seen an Iranian with that tendency before? My bad...it was the same one...27 years later.

But anyway...thanks, for underestimating the British and threatening Europe...

Pssst...Mamoud, Jimmy Carter isn't President anymore...in America, or in England....ask Usama...and Saddam. I suspect you'll be finding this out on your own shortly...

ChumpDumper
03-25-2007, 04:53 AM
Prisoner exchange to follow.

exstatic
03-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Pssst...Mamoud, Jimmy Carter isn't President anymore...in America, or in England....ask Usama...and Saddam. I suspect you'll be finding this out on your own shortly...
Psssst...whottt, we're severely over extended troop-wise right now, and I think Iran knows this. Why do you care anyway? Aren't they just a bunch of cut-n-run Brits? I don't think bangers and mash and warm beer are reason enough to get involved in another war in the M.E.

George Gervin's Afro
03-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Psssst...whottt, we're severely over extended troop-wise right now, and I think Iran knows this. Why do you care anyway? Aren't they just a bunch of cut-n-run Brits? I don't think bangers and mash and warm beer are reason enough to get involved in another war in the M.E.

The Brits aren't cutting and running they are merely downsizing... anything for war and Whott's for it..as long as he doesn't have to put his ass on the line

johnsmith
03-25-2007, 09:59 AM
as long as he doesn't have to put his ass on the line

:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-25-2007, 12:19 PM
If anything happens to those guys you can bet your ass there won't be any downsizing by the British. More like a full scale invasion force assembled, and some EU troops thrown in to boot.

Nbadan
03-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Iraqi Commander Says British Boats May Not Have Been In Iraqi Territory.

But the Iraqi military commander of the country's territorial waters said the British boats may not have been in Iraqi territory.

"We were informed by Iraqi fishermen after they had returned from sea that there were British gunboats in an area that is out of Iraqi control," Brig. Gen. Hakim Jassim told AP Television News in the southern city of Basra.

"We don't know why they were there. And these British troops were besieged by unknown gunboats, I don't know from where," he said.

Linky (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/world/4657...)

Kermit
03-27-2007, 07:48 PM
much ado about nothing. iran, for all of their bluster, is not stupid. they're trying to look strong and they'll give the soldiers back before it escalates. didn't this happen with our spy plane in china just a couple of years ago? it's all for show, imo.

boutons_
03-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Yes, probably all for show, to rattle sabers back at cowboys dubya and dickhead whose military is already weakened, tied down and over-extended in Iraq and Afghanistan. Iran is showing the rest of Muslim world that Iran won't be bullied by The Great Infidel Satan.

If if US/UK just do a bombing run (very do-able, no troops) to punish Iran for taking hostages, then US/UK risk much greater involvement of Iran in Iraq, and recruit more foreign terrorists into Iraq, which would cause the US/UK to lose Iraq harder and faster than they are already doing. Shiite Iran getting more involved in Iran was almost certainly get Sunni Saudia Arabia more involved supporting Iraqi Sunnis, etc, etc, etc.

AFE7FATMAN
03-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Hmmm...Mamoud's solution to a problem? Take a few hostages....where have I seen an Iranian with that tendency before? My bad...it was the same one...27 years later.

How much was he paid last time?

47 million? and some weapons? :rolleyes - I guess he learned hostage taking pays big $ and I think he is having a cash flow problem at this time :lol

Cut and Run Brits are not going to do anything. Book it

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-27-2007, 09:56 PM
:vomit:

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Iran is showing the rest of Muslim world that Iran won't be bullied by The Great Infidel Satan

I'm just glad that you finally admitted what you are/whose side you are on. Dirka dirka, jackass.

boutons_
03-27-2007, 10:07 PM
I've shown no such thing, being against dubya/dickhead and their bullshit wars and war mongering doesn't mean I'm against USA, but I understand your need to raise such straw men to justify your post.

now, run along, dickless, whott is waiting to be cornholed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Straw man? :rollin

Do you even know what a straw man argument is? You're the one calling this country 'The Great Satan'.

All I have to do to 'justify my post' is quote your bullshit on this forum. The last two years of posts for you in the political forum has been nothing but one long run of virtual liberal diarrhea of the mouth.

gtownspur
03-28-2007, 03:03 AM
liberal strawman = boutons.

boutons_
03-28-2007, 08:43 AM
"You're the one calling this country 'The Great Satan'."

That's the phrase the Iranians have used, not me, since the '79 revolution.

You falsely claim that I'm on the Iranian side, which is total bullshit.

Then you falsely claim that that being against dubya and dickhead means one is liberal (or Dem or wimp or etc), which would mean that 70% of the USA is liberal, and would mean now that even a significant number of Repug members of Congress are liberal.

Obviously, the demonization by the right of "liberal" is ironic since the fucking bastards on the right have supported and created a veritable Hell in Iraq.

Liberal = demon, right = angel, this is the right's sophisticated proposition to the sheeple/rabble, who fall for it every time.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-28-2007, 12:56 PM
You falsely claim that I'm on the Iranian side, which is total bullshit.

boutons, in two years I have never seen you post one fucking positive thing about the USA, its military, or its leadership. Until that day comes, you look like a spade and I'm calling you one. Deal with it (or more to the point, say something good about this country for once instead of being the pissant little bitch that you are).

Then you falsely claim that that being against dubya and dickhead means one is liberal (or Dem or wimp or etc), which would mean that 70% of the USA is liberal, and would mean now that even a significant number of Repug members of Congress are liberal.

Where have I EVER stated that? I call you a liberal because your posts don't leave me anything to indicate otherwise.

Obviously, the demonization by the right of "liberal" is ironic since the fucking bastards on the right have supported and created a veritable Hell in Iraq.

Demonization? This coming from a person who calls everyone on the left 'neocons', etc. like they are some sort of demon. Pot, meet black ass kettle.

Liberal = demon, right = angel, this is the right's sophisticated proposition to the sheeple/rabble, who fall for it every time.

Seeings you are apparently illiterate, I have said many times on here that I think all politicians are evil (ie, the "demons"). I just choose the Republican side because 1) I believe in gun ownership rights and 2) I think the democratic politicians are pussies when it comes to shit like fighting terrorism, wars, etc. (and Vietnam and now Iraq give me some good logical basis for that argument.

Sheep? :lmao Sheep are the ones who do shit like copy and paste 24/7/365. Like you. You don't have an independent thought in your body. You probably have to have someone tell you when to take a piss.

nkdlunch
03-28-2007, 02:15 PM
this is a letter from one of the captives. :lol Iranians(all arabs actually) really know how to use the media.

Did the brits enter Iranian water? probably. Did the Iranians need to make this big a deal? no, but they are taking this opportunity to use the media.

Dear Mum & Dad,

I am writing to you from Iran where I am being held. I will try to explain to you the best what has happened.

We were out in the boats when we were arrested by Iranian forces as we had apparently gone into Iranian waters.

I wish we hadn't because then I'd be home with you all right now. I am so sorry we did because I know we wouldn't be here now if we hadn't.

I want you all to know that I am well and safe. I am being well looked after. I am fed three meals a day and have a constant supply of fluids. The people are friendly and hospitable, very compassionate and warm.

I have written a letter to the Iranian people to apologize for us entering into their waters.

Please don't worry about me, I am staying strong. Hopefully it won't be long until I am home to get ready for Molly's birthday party with a present from the Iranian people.

Look after everyone for me, especially Adam and Molly. I love you all more than you will ever know.

All my love, Faye

01Snake
03-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Nice letter :lol

ChumpDumper
03-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Iranians aren't arabs, but point taken.

clambake
03-28-2007, 05:26 PM
They showed a picture of a hand-held GPS directly above the cargo ship in question. Then they used the media to broadcast that picture. They claim it shows the brits were Iraqi waters.

So, if this is true, it means we can't keep Iranian gunboats out of Iraqi waters.

smeagol
03-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Stupid move on Iran's part.

And to show the british lady-soldier on TV? Nice terrorist-style touch . . .

clambake
03-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Good point. Still, it lacks the drama of Abu-Gharaib.

Nbadan
03-29-2007, 03:54 PM
No soldier swap...

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:29PM EDT
By Peter Graff

LONDON (Reuters) - The United States would not back a deal to swap five Iranians it is holding in Iraq for 15 British military personnel seized by Tehran last week,
a senior U.S. official said on Thursday.

Asked if Washington would be willing to entertain such a deal, the official, who
briefed reporters in London on condition he not be named, said:

"The government of the United Kingdom and we have a similar view about exchanges
of hostages. I don't think it's ever a good thing to create exchanges of hostages."

The official said he was unaware of any discussions between Britain and the United
States about freeing the five Iranians who were arrested during a raid on an Iranian
consulate in northern Iraq by U.S. forces in January.

Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL2965035820070329)

To chicken-hawk Tony Blair the hostages are already martyrs.