PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili is overated!!!!

ginobili fan
03-25-2007, 07:06 AM
Well I'm a ginobili fan,but I think he 's sometimes overrated.
When I read some stupid ass fans saying that he could be a top 5 player,it's fucking wrong.
THE REAL GOOD ONES ARE :Duncan,Ming,Nowiztski,Bryant,Nash,...
Maybe Tony can't be discussed as a MVP type like the article,but Manu either.
2005 was a period, and I would say the one who isn't inconsistent is defenitly
Ginobili.
If he is such strong as some fans say(It means a MVP type player),why he fucked up last year in playoffs?
Why he isn't an regular all-star?
Why he gets hurt so much?
Why he is so inconsistent? hahaha
Wake up see the reality spurs fans.
More,I would say the future is Parker and this is someone who can be a legend,not Manu.

Cherry
03-25-2007, 09:38 AM
This thread is overated

After 6 long years, if you really are a Manu fan, you know the answers. :rolleyes

mabber
03-25-2007, 10:36 AM
When I read some stupid ass fans saying that he could be a top 5 player,it's fucking wrong.
Ginobili.
If he is such strong as some fans say(It means a MVP type player),why he fucked up last year in playoffs?
More,I would say the future is Parker and this is someone who can be a legend,not Manu.

Wow, those are fighting words in this particular forum. Don't you know that Manu is "GOD" to a lot of these posters? :lol

Gino20
03-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Ginobili.

Overrated?! Are you kidding me? The guy can play! He has won everywhere he played. If that don't mean anything to you, your nuts! I don't think he is a top 5 player in the league, but he is sure in the top 20 or so. Every play screws up here and there. Duncan has missed key shots in a game along with MJ, Dirk, Shaq, etc. He could have been an allstar if he really wanted 2, but that crap doesn't seem to matter to him. If you have noticed, he has not been hurt that much at all this season....inconsistent? He steps up when it really matters. Parker? Very good player, but I feel more comfortable with Manu or Tim with the ball at the end of the game. Tony still needs a long way to go...

carina_gino20
03-25-2007, 10:51 AM
3...2...1...Locked.

please Kori. i mean, I think we get enough of this from sequ :lol

SequSpur
03-25-2007, 11:01 AM
:rolleyes

Clutch20
03-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Ginobili.

Because like me, you are a little poster.
Ginobili is ALL WORLD and has the paperwork, medals, rings, trophys, ganas.
All you and me have kid is a jelly stained keyboard and peanut butter smeared screen.

SuperManu!!!
03-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Because like me, you are a little poster.
Ginobili is ALL WORLD and has the paperwork, medals, rings, trophys, ganas.
All you and me have kid is a jelly stained keyboard and peanut butter smeared screen.

UHH OWNED!!!! :lol

SpurYank
03-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Hey ginobilifan, 'nuff'se'nuff! geez!

DarrinS
03-25-2007, 12:11 PM
GINOOOOOOBLEEEEEEE!!!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f81/ericknromero/a_ginobili_sp.jpg

sprrs
03-25-2007, 01:14 PM

When was this? He was gerat in the playoffs. If you're talking about the ONE foul on Dirk, then there's something wrong with your way of thinking. By that logic, Duncan shouldn't be an MVP because he let Diop own him in OT.

sa_butta
03-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Ginobili.
More,I would say the future is Parker and this is someone who can be a legend,not Manu.Ming top 5?? give me a break. And yes Manu made a bad decision in the playoffs, big deal. Ming was even in the playoffs last year. I really like Gino, he is probably my favorite player on the team, but I would not say he is a top 5 player in the league. He is flashy and he is inconsistant at times, but he still brings alot to this team and we would not be the same without him. And by no means is he overrated he is worth every penny to us.

stretch
03-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Ginobili.

this is a stupid thread. yea, some people, mainly spurs fans do overrate him, and he definitely isnt a top 5 or top 10 player, but the only people that do that are idiots. most spurs fans here (at least the realistic ones) know that they are being retarded when saying such things. but Manu is a very good basketball player. i will take him over parker any day of the week. Manu is a much better defender, playmaker, more clutch, and simply better in basically every aspect of the game of basketball.

Amare_32
03-25-2007, 08:31 PM
I don't think Manu is overrated. I should know. :lol

spursreport
03-25-2007, 10:19 PM
this is a stupid thread. yea, some people, mainly spurs fans do overrate him, and he definitely isnt a top 5 or top 10 player, but the only people that do that are idiots. most spurs fans here (at least the realistic ones) know that they are being retarded when saying such things. but Manu is a very good basketball player. i will take him over parker any day of the week. Manu is a much better defender, playmaker, more clutch, and simply better in basically every aspect of the game of basketball.

Well if you dont like this thread then dont post in it. This is a SPURS message board incase you didnt notice! :rolleyes :rolleyes Oh and loved your last minute diss of Parker on a thread and isnt even about him.

Pugglekicker_21
03-25-2007, 11:22 PM
Maybe you have garnered this from his recent play but Manu is much better than this. Everyone goes through rough patches. he will be good ole regular Manu come playoff time.

stretch
03-25-2007, 11:23 PM
Well if you dont like this thread then dont post in it. This is a SPURS message board incase you didnt notice! :rolleyes :rolleyes Oh and loved your last minute diss of Parker on a thread and isnt even about him.
Well, in his post, he spoke about the Spurs, Ginobili, and Parker. Then in my post, i replied about the Spurs, Ginobili, and Parker.

and if you have a problem with me saying this is a dumb thread, then tell your other Spurs buddies so fuck off as well, as it seemed like several of them thought this was a dumb thread, much like I did. do you ever post anything worth reading on this forum? i seriously do not think you do. all you ever do is post blind homerism, and try to start shit with me. once in a while, taking shots at posters is fine and all, as everyone does it from time to time, including me, but if that is your entire focus for every post, then please quit spamming the board with your stupid fucking nonsense. if you have a problem with me simply saying that Ginobili is a better basketball player than Parker, then tell me why, instead of saying nonsense that doesn't have any relevance to the discussion whatsoever. :dizzy

MarCowMar
03-25-2007, 11:36 PM
Weird, I think Manu is underrated by pretty much everyone outside Argentina. IMO he is a superstar level player masquerading as a 6th man/borderline allstar. Players I'd consider taking over Manu at the SG spot:

Kobe
Pierce
Wade
Iverson
J. Johnson

That's not a big list, and most of those guys have much bigger contracts than Manu.

stretch
03-25-2007, 11:46 PM
Weird, I think Manu is underrated by pretty much everyone outside Argentina. IMO he is a superstar level player masquerading as a 6th man/borderline allstar. Players I'd consider taking over Manu at the SG spot:

Kobe
Pierce
Wade
Iverson
J. Johnson

That's not a big list, and most of those guys have much bigger contracts than Manu.
I don't know if hes a superstar player. he seems too inconsistent, and doesnt have spectacular stats either. typically, superstars don't average 16 ppg, and 4 rpg. and he plays with an incredible PF/C that doesnt require a ton of shots to be effective, while taking a lot of attention from opposing defenses. IMO, if guys like Pierce and Joe Johnson had the luxury of playing with Tim Duncan, they would easily average around 30-35 ppg and probably about 7 or 8 apg. Kobe would probably average 40 ppg with the danger that Duncan gives opposing defenses, because of the fact that he doesnt need shots to be effective.

Solid D
03-25-2007, 11:50 PM
This thread is Part 2 in a Series, this one authored by ginobili fan. It follows Sequ's premier Part 1 of the "overrated" series of threads, "Bruce Bowen is overrated." Stay tuned for Part 3 in the next edition..."Tony Parker is overrated!!!" Odds are, this thread will come out of Argentina.

THE SIXTH MAN
03-25-2007, 11:56 PM
Worst.
Thread.
Ever.

ducks
03-26-2007, 12:18 AM
nice to see manu have a awesome game
tonight
maybe he saw this thread

LOL

Nikos
03-26-2007, 07:45 AM
I don't know if hes a superstar player. he seems too inconsistent, and doesnt have spectacular stats either. typically, superstars don't average 16 ppg, and 4 rpg. and he plays with an incredible PF/C that doesnt require a ton of shots to be effective, while taking a lot of attention from opposing defenses. IMO, if guys like Pierce and Joe Johnson had the luxury of playing with Tim Duncan, they would easily average around 30-35 ppg and probably about 7 or 8 apg. Kobe would probably average 40 ppg with the danger that Duncan gives opposing defenses, because of the fact that he doesnt need shots to be effective.

Ugh 30-35ppg for Pierce and Joe? 40ppg? You kidding me? Maybe Kobe could average 28ppg or something with Duncan, but the Spurs are one of the slowest paced teams in the league. And even Tim doesn't play huge minutes. Pop wouldn't overplay Kobe, Pierce or Joe Johnson. If Duncan is getting 35mpg, Kobe would get 36-37mpg on the Spurs team IMO. He wouldn't be scoring at that rate otherwise they would be about as effective as Michael Jordan in his absolute prime, with better assist numbers. If Duncan is that good, then he is easily better than Jordan and Dirk isn't even close to Duncan. No player makes their teamattes into superstars when they are merely all stars.

Taco
03-26-2007, 07:52 AM
Ginobili is overated!!!!

So is your mom!!

Guh-No-Bleee!!!
03-26-2007, 09:05 AM
Ginobili.
WTF are you smokin man?

10 years ago I would ask you for some, but my weed smokin days are over...

doldrums
03-26-2007, 09:30 AM
everybody says how prone to injury heis, yet he is one of the few stars not to miss significant playing time this year

See :

Wade
Redd
shaq
Allen
Yao
McGrady
Jamison
C. Butler
Odom
B. Davis
J. richardson
Oakfor
C. Paul and all of the hornets
Cassell
Gasol
Joe Johnson
Nocioni
Pierce

shall I continue

vanvannen
03-26-2007, 09:57 AM
Ming top 5?? give me a break. And yes Manu made a bad decision in the playoffs, big deal. Ming was even in the playoffs last year. I really like Gino, he is probably my favorite player on the team, but I would not say he is a top 5 player in the league. He is flashy and he is inconsistant at times, but he still brings alot to this team and we would not be the same without him. And by no means is he overrated he is worth every penny to us.

According to his english skills and the fact that he put Yao on the list of superstars, I would say the poster is probably from China.

Manudona
03-26-2007, 10:00 AM

For the same reason you overlook Ginobili, none of the players you mention would average 30-35 ppg, that is, Tim Duncan. Are you going to ignore him so Pierce, JJ or Kobe can get their stats?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-26-2007, 10:11 AM
:lol Yeah, I was laughing at that "they would average 35 with Duncan.." statement.

Manu is a top SG at least. He usually hovers below Kobe and Wade in terms of efficiency. Not top 5 or 10 player. But Top 15, 20, is a pretty good spot, knowing a handful of guys ahead of him are the Dirks, Lebrons, Duncans, etc.

stretch
03-26-2007, 10:27 AM
For the same reason you overlook Ginobili, none of the players you mention would average 30-35 ppg, that is, Tim Duncan. Are you going to ignore him so Pierce, JJ or Kobe can get their stats?
no, you dont have to ignore Duncan completely for other players to average a good 30-35 ppg. the thing is, they will shoot a very high percentage, because of the attention that Duncan draws, opening up all kinds of easy lanes, and open shots. if anything, it shows how good of a player Tim Duncan is. IMO, if you were to build the greatest 2 player duo in NBA history, my two would be Jordan and Duncan. Jordan would average probably about 35-40 ppg, and Duncan would get around 25-30 because of the attention that each player draws from each other. plus their defense, passing, and b-ball IQ would make them completely unstoppable.

stretch
03-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Ugh 30-35ppg for Pierce and Joe? 40ppg? You kidding me? Maybe Kobe could average 28ppg or something with Duncan, but the Spurs are one of the slowest paced teams in the league. And even Tim doesn't play huge minutes. Pop wouldn't overplay Kobe, Pierce or Joe Johnson. If Duncan is getting 35mpg, Kobe would get 36-37mpg on the Spurs team IMO. He wouldn't be scoring at that rate otherwise they would be about as effective as Michael Jordan in his absolute prime, with better assist numbers. If Duncan is that good, then he is easily better than Jordan and Dirk isn't even close to Duncan. No player makes their teamattes into superstars when they are merely all stars.
im not talking about playing on the Spurs. i said playing with Tim Duncan. and yea, maybe they wouldnt quite average that much, since they would definitely be playing less minutes, and be beating the shit out of opponents so much more easily. but my point is, is that Duncan's presence will take a LOT of heat off of them, and vice versa. there is no way any of those players would average just 16 ppg, like Ginobili. thus how can Ginobili be considered a superstar, like some say? that was the point i was trying to make.

smeagol
03-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Ginobili sucks, that's pretty clear.

Nikos
03-26-2007, 03:17 PM
im not talking about playing on the Spurs. i said playing with Tim Duncan. and yea, maybe they wouldnt quite average that much, since they would definitely be playing less minutes, and be beating the shit out of opponents so much more easily. but my point is, is that Duncan's presence will take a LOT of heat off of them, and vice versa. there is no way any of those players would average just 16 ppg, like Ginobili. thus how can Ginobili be considered a superstar, like some say? that was the point i was trying to make.

Still a bad point. Manu scores 16ppg in 27mpg. Not exactly bad numbers. Not saying Joe or Pierce couldn't do better, but its not a fair comparison because they play 40mpg, Manu plays 27mpg. Just because they play for Duncan doesn't mean they would dominate if they replaced Manu. Spurs already win games by 6-8ppg, you really think of Joe Johnson replaced Manu they would be winning at a Chicago Bulls 1995-96 point differential of 10+? Thats basically what your implying when you said they would blow out teams 'much easier' etc...

bdictjames
03-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Manu is efficient with his minutes. That's why he's a tough candidate for Sixth Man of the Year. But really, the Sixth Man award is really underrated.

vanvannen
03-26-2007, 03:46 PM
When you consider ppg you also have to throw in the mix the style of play the team has. In the Phonix offense Manu would probably average more points than in SA, where the focus is on defense, not scoring. When you also add that Tony is more of a scorer guard, it is pretty obvious the low ppg Manu has.