PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks @ Hotlanta Hawks

pussyface
03-25-2007, 12:41 PM
This game apparently is nowhere to be found online.
Rumor has it, though, that the little Mavericks are giving a nice account of themselves.

pussyface
03-25-2007, 12:41 PM
The good people in Atlanta are getting a first hand glimpse at what greatness looks like today

dallasmavsnfuego214
03-25-2007, 12:46 PM
yeah looks like this one is gonna be over quickly.

DOMINATOR
03-25-2007, 12:46 PM
The good people in Atlanta are getting a first hand glimpse at what greatness looks like today
people dont really get into the game or cheer in atlanta they just sit there and watch

kingsfan
03-25-2007, 12:49 PM
people dont really get into the game or cheer in atlanta they just sit there and watchThat's a lie, I'm always loud! We do have some fans there.
I hope Zaza pwns their ass, he's been playing damn good ball lately but it looks like it's going to be a blowout http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif

trueD
03-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Doesn't look hopeful for Atlanta and yeah, no one is even THERE.

pussyface
03-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Doesn't look hopeful for Atlanta and yeah, no one is even THERE.
you would think some people would show up just to watch the road team in this case. i mean, if yr only going to go to a handful of hawks games you would think this would be one of them.

im an ex-Dallasite living in New Orleans. Before the faggy Hornets started playing in OK I used to take advantage of this shitty NBA city by buying 20 dollar scalped tickets when the Mavs came to town and moving up to the 5th row because no one was really there. ...it was the type of thing you could never do in Dallas, so I appreciated it a lot.

kingsfan
03-25-2007, 01:17 PM
I was going to go but was told it was sold out so I dunno.
Hawks only down by 14, not too bad. GO ZAZA and SMOOVE!!

DOMINATOR
03-25-2007, 01:18 PM
you would think some people would show up just to watch the road team in this case. i mean, if yr only going to go to a handful of hawks games you would think this would be one of them.
as shocked as you may be. not everyone is a Mavs fan

kingsfan
03-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Hawks only down 4, they're coming back http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smielephant.gif

trueD
03-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Seriously, a nail biter in the 4th!

Pachilia could tie the game here with a couple of FT's. 8:41 to go in the game.

kingsfan
03-25-2007, 02:08 PM
true-you watching it? This is awesome, now don't let them come back.

trueD
03-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Mavs announcer after a steal and fast break with a foul from Childress: "You don't back down, you drive it down their throat. Then when you get it back, you drive it down their throat again".

trueD
03-25-2007, 02:13 PM
true-you watching it? This is awesome, now don't let them come back.
Yep. Where did the crowd come from? At 1:00 in the afternoon when the game started it was like a morgue...Atlanta fans all in church or something?

kingsfan
03-25-2007, 02:15 PM
Yeap it is the Bible belt, can't miss church for hoops. I figured it would fill up but they always show up late anyway.

trueD
03-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Dirk traveled twice in those two possessions...

trueD
03-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Lots of chest beating and high fives for getting the lead back from the Hawks after being up by what, about 20? :lol

kingsfan
03-25-2007, 02:22 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif yea they've earned those rings now http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

pussyface
03-25-2007, 02:22 PM
as shocked as you may be. not everyone is a Mavs fan

my point had less than 0 to do with being a fan. the point is, you expect that fans are more likely to watch their shitty team play when they know at least theat the opponent is noteworthy.

i was never a fan of jordan's bulls or the kobe/shaq lakers, but none the less when those teams played the mavs it was more interesting for me to watch/go to those games the when they played the typical also-rans of the league. as a fan, those are obviously the games you look forward to. this is what made the lack of attendance in atlanta in the first quarter puzzling to me.

...not sure where you got confused as to what I was trying to say and decided to come at me with your faggy snarkiness.

Flight3107
03-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Sac fans hating on the Mavs

:lmao

kingsfan
03-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Everyone hates the Mavs, not just us. Looks like they got this one dammit. I like the Hawks, well I didn't Monday but anyway.

Flight3107
03-25-2007, 02:31 PM
58-11

6 in a row

NEXT....

trueD
03-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Hawks are an athletic young team. With a good PG and a nice pick they could make some noise in the near future.

trueD
03-25-2007, 02:33 PM
58-11

6 in a row

NEXT....
FEAR

THE

CHOKEJOB.

Flight3107
03-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Says the Kings fan

schadenfreude52
03-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Hornets next.

A sure win for the Mavs.

angel_luv
03-25-2007, 02:39 PM
What was the final score?

schadenfreude52
03-25-2007, 02:40 PM
What was the final score?

104-97

MAVS!

angel_luv
104-97

Hawks? :)

angel_luv
and thanks. :)

dallasmavsnfuego214
03-25-2007, 02:41 PM
Lots of chest beating and high fives for getting the lead back from the Hawks after being up by what, about 20? :lol

arent the Kings playing now?

dallasmavsnfuego214
03-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Hawks? :)

yeah the Hawks won :depressed :depressed

jk :lol

angel_luv
03-25-2007, 02:44 PM
104-97

MAVS!

:lol :lol

Well with you guys, I really had no way of telling. :)

If anyone could lose a big lead to the Hawks....

dallasmavsnfuego214
03-25-2007, 02:47 PM
If anyone could lose a big lead to the Hawks....

well when you're up by 20 against the Hawks, you get bored, and the game lasts 48 minutes so you know they will eventually outplay the Mavericks sometime during the game. it just got out of hand

angel_luv
03-25-2007, 02:49 PM
well when you're up by 20 against the Hawks, you get bored, and the game lasts 48 minutes so you know they will eventually outplay the Mavericks sometime during the game. it just got out of hand

I'm just messing with you. :lol

DOMINATOR
03-25-2007, 03:51 PM
...not sure where you got confused as to what I was trying to say and decided to come at me with your faggy snarkiness.
just sick of Mav fans trying to push their team on everyone and to notice their record etc... its an impressive record no doubt but only need to hear it a few times before it gets really old.

atxrocker
03-25-2007, 04:12 PM

you seriously call that greatness?

monosylab1k
03-25-2007, 04:28 PM
The Hawks are alot more talented than people know. They just have to figure out how to play more disciplined. And they desperately need a PG.

Mark my words - the Atlanta Hawks will be a title contender within 3 years.

schadenfreude52
03-25-2007, 04:34 PM
just sick of Mav fans trying to push their team on everyone and to notice their record etc... its an impressive record no doubt but only need to hear it a few times before it gets really old.

It's our version of "We have three rings, you have zero."

It's something that must be endured.

monosylab1k
03-25-2007, 04:37 PM
On another note, that Mavericks seriously need to start limiting the minutes of their heavy's. 41 minutes for Dirk, 39 for Howard and Terry. I realize the game got close at times, but do they really need to play that much? You'd figure in a game like this, they could afford to find time to play Pop, JJ, and Croshere for 8-10 minutes.

Dirk got 41 and Croshere got a DNP - WTF? Was their something wrong with Croshere where he couldn't play? Dirk getting 41 minutes against the Hawks is just an absolute waste of his energy.

mavs>spurs2
03-25-2007, 04:42 PM
The Hawks are alot more talented than people know. They just have to figure out how to play more disciplined. And they desperately need a PG.

They're definately talented but i'm not so sure about being a title contender so soon.

pussyface
03-25-2007, 05:06 PM

yeah, pretty retarded comment.
being a playoff team would be a more reasonable and level-headed projection for this hawks squad. then again, Mono-man has that crystal ball working i guess...

Amare_32
03-25-2007, 05:14 PM
being a playoff team would be a more reasonable and level-headed projection for this hawks squad. then again, Mono-man has that crystal ball working i guess...

With Joe Johnson their record should be better. There is no reason in the East they should not be the 7th or 8th seed. Is saying something with the SE division that Shaq has been on vacation half the season and Wade is out possibly the rest of the season and maybe the playoffs yet the Wiz are only a half game up for the division lead.

DOMINATOR
03-25-2007, 07:45 PM
It's our version of "We have three rings, you have zero."

It's something that must be endured.
i understand... chicken or the egg... who said who was better first

dallasmavsnfuego214
03-25-2007, 07:51 PM

:wakeup

Viva Las Espuelas
03-25-2007, 11:41 PM
On another note, that Mavericks seriously need to start limiting the minutes of their heavy's. 41 minutes for Dirk, 39 for Howard and Terry. I realize the game got close at times, but do they really need to play that much? .all that playing time by the "mvp" along with curly and moe and you beat a 12th place eastern conference team by 7. yeah. you guys showed 'em. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

ponky
03-25-2007, 11:44 PM
:lol :lol

Well with you guys, I really had no way of telling. :)

If anyone could lose a big lead to the Hawks...and still win, it would have to be the Mavs!

All fixed.

ponky
03-25-2007, 11:46 PM
all that playing time by the "mvp" along with curly and moe and you beat a 12th place eastern conference team by 7. yeah. you guys showed 'em. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

at least we didn't get swept by two eastern conference teams this season

Viva Las Espuelas
03-25-2007, 11:55 PM
at least we didn't get swept by two eastern conference teams this seasonour starters probably played less minutes in those losses as well than yours in this 7 point win. either way i'm ready for the playoffs to get here. all the pressure is on you guys. don't screw it up................................................ .................................................. ...
.............................AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ponky
03-26-2007, 12:06 AM
our starters probably played less minutes in those losses as well than yours in this 7 point win. either way i'm ready for the playoffs to get here. all the pressure is on you guys. don't screw it up................................................ .................................................. ...
.............................AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, i guess if you worry about such things considering your guys are older...anyway, it's funny how some spurs fans start talking shit about minutes when mavs/spurs both have about the same min per starter and the mavs will definitely be able to kick back in april with the leads they have over the *lesser* teams. i guess the spurs would know something about pressure considering how it got the better of them every year after they won a ring. no pressure on the mavs, they didn't win last season and many still predict the spurs to come out on top.

actually, i just checked some of the minutes of those games, 1 min difference for two guys and 2 min difference for the other...the only reason there's a disparity is because when the spurs lost those games they lost in a big way, of course pop's going to sit the starters when it looks like the spurs don't have a chance of making a comeback.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-26-2007, 12:13 AM
well, i guess if you worry about such things considering your guys are older...anyway, it's funny how some spurs fans start talking shit about minutes when mavs/spurs both have about the same min per starter and the mavs will definitely be able to kick back in april with the leads they have over the *lesser* teams. i guess the spurs would know something about pressure considering how it got the better of them every year after they won a ring. no pressure on the mavs, they didn't win last season and many still predict the spurs to come out on top.hmmm. does the time seem to travel faster for Bexar County than any other county in the USA? i've never understood that critique. i guess the speed of time is choked in dallas as well. damn, it's easy ruffling your feathers.

ponky
03-26-2007, 12:16 AM
hmmm. does the time seem to travel faster for Bexar County than any other county in the USA? i've never understood that critique. i guess the speed of time is choked in dallas as well. damn, it's easy ruffling your feathers.

of course you wouldn't understand it, it's called denial. anyway, you're the one who has ruffled feathers, seems like more than any other spurs poster (except for spursdynasty) you can't seem to let a mavs thread go by without making a snide comment. i'm fine with it, but don't expect mavs fans to just sit by and let you talk smack without responding....especially when you don't even know what you're talking about regarding the minutes played. you should try nba.com sometime, they have all the stats.

btw, i don't live in dallas, never have.

DOMINATOR
03-26-2007, 12:54 AM
btw, i don't live in dallas, never have.
good, it smells there.

dg7md
03-26-2007, 01:13 AM
good, it smells there.

So it smells great in Houston?! :lol

Dallas is where I'm from, great, great city. :toast

LEONARD
03-26-2007, 08:36 AM
1st Mavs game I've missed this season :cry

Freakin' noon game...somehow missed it while setting up recordings on the DVR...

Sounds like the Mavs got a little bored in the 2nd and 3rd and then stepped on the gas again late... :ihit

monosylab1k
03-26-2007, 08:40 AM

you've got no clue what the fuck you're talking about. do you watch the hawks? do you follow the hawks? how many hawks games do you catch each season? have you studied their roster? read any expert opinions about the team?

you're a clueless piece of shit. some arrogant dickhead Mavs fan that didn't give a fuck back in the day when the Mavs were as bad as the Hawks, but he wants to talk all kinds of shit now.

StylisticS
03-26-2007, 11:29 AM
good, it smells there.

I cannot believe someone from Houston said this. :lol

pussyface
03-26-2007, 11:35 AM
you've got no clue what the fuck you're talking about. do you watch the hawks? do you follow the hawks? how many hawks games do you catch each season? have you studied their roster? read any expert opinions about the team?

you're a clueless piece of shit. some arrogant dickhead Mavs fan that didn't give a fuck back in the day when the Mavs were as bad as the Hawks, but he wants to talk all kinds of shit now.

...again with the crystal ball.
you know everything about me.
Monoman recalls a young Sylvia Brown.

unfortunately, no matter what you say, it is not conventional wisdom in the basketball world that the Hawks will be contending for titles within three years. ...and you can "mark my words" on that one, tough guy. you were making a random and overly bold prediction and if you review this thread you will find ample examples of other posters taking issue with your overeager prediction as well.

ps...did you hear about your main man "leo"? i heard he is reuinting with ms. titanic winslet herself. you and all the other fangirls must be so excited.

ponky
03-26-2007, 11:43 AM

i agree with you about the hawks, i've watched a lot of their games this season and in the east, it's totally possible for them to be in the playoffs within the next couple of years...aren't they only something like 5 games out right now?

monosylab1k
03-26-2007, 11:56 AM
you and all the other fangirls must be so excited.

make fun of me for being a dicaprio fan all you want. i'll gladly take shit for that.

on the other hand, everyone gives you shit because you're an obtuse fuckhead. good luck with all that.

monosylab1k
03-26-2007, 11:57 AM
i agree with you about the hawks, i've watched a lot of their games this season and in the east, it's totally possible for them to be in the playoffs within the next couple of years...aren't they only something like 5 games out right now?

Yeah. In the Eastern Conference, is it really a stretch to say that they can be a title contender very quickly? look how quickly toronto's turned it around...and if orlando had any consistency they would be right up there too.

ponky
03-26-2007, 11:58 AM
make fun of me for being a dicaprio fan all you want. i'll gladly take shit for that.

on the other hand, everyone gives you shit because you're an obtuse fuckhead. good luck with all that.

are you a guy or girl? just curious, doesn't matter , dicaprio's awesome!

monosylab1k
03-26-2007, 12:00 PM
are you a guy or girl? just curious, doesn't matter , dicaprio's awesome!

i'm a guy :lol. and a big dicaprio fan. anybody that wants to continue mocking him for Titanic and Romeo & Juliet obviously doesn't want to see the truth - that he's developed into one of the best actors of this generation (if not THE best).

ponky
03-26-2007, 12:04 PM
i'm a guy :lol. and a big dicaprio fan. anybody that wants to continue mocking him for Titanic and Romeo & Juliet obviously doesn't want to see the truth - that he's developed into one of the best actors of this generation (if not THE best).

that's cool. anybody that has made THREE movies with scorsese is aces in my book!

pussyface
03-26-2007, 12:33 PM
that's cool. anybody that has made THREE movies with scorsese is aces in my book!

2 of them were easily the worst Scorcese movies of all time. DiCaprio was way too much of a whiny bitch to play Howard Hughes and he looked like a high school age kid playing dress up.

to be totally honest though, "the departed" was the first movie I saw with him in it where he didn't annoy the shit out of me.

pussyface
03-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Yeah. In the Eastern Conference, is it really a stretch to say that they can be a title contender very quickly? look how quickly toronto's turned it around...and if orlando had any consistency they would be right up there too.

it is a major stretch to say that anyone considers Toronto to be a legitimate "contender" this year here in 2007.

does anyone believe Toronto can win the title this year?
if you had said they can be a solid playoff team in the East within 3 years I would not have objected.

leemajors
03-26-2007, 12:41 PM

wouldn't they need to can billy knight first?

monosylab1k
03-26-2007, 12:41 PM
2 of them were easily the worst Scorcese movies of all time.

I take it you haven't seen "Boxcar Bertha" or "Bringing Out The Dead" or "Kundun". But a shitty Scorsese movie is still good.

monosylab1k
03-26-2007, 12:42 PM
if you had said they can be a solid playoff team in the East within 3 years I would not have objected.

playoff team next year. contender within 3.

DOMINATOR
03-26-2007, 12:44 PM
So it smells great in Houston?! :lol

Dallas is where I'm from, great, great city. :toast
i wasnt being sarcastic at all :rolleyes

the parts of dallas ive been to a few times were really nice

monosylab1k
03-26-2007, 12:45 PM
wouldn't they need to can billy knight first?

i don't know. i can't tell if he is just really horrible at his job, or if he's making the right moves, and the team just needs time to gel together....he's done alot of things right....building through the draft rather than free agency....and even though he overpaid for joe johnson, i think everyone agrees that JJ is alot better than anybody expected him to be. if this team is still failing next year and the year after, maybe he does need to be shitcanned.

SRJ
03-27-2007, 04:24 PM
I agree or disagree with everything or nothing that has been said in this thread