jmard5
03-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Loser! :td
That is what Arenas is.

-------------

NBA Admonishes Arenas for Making $10 Bets With Fans
Posted Mar 25 2007 5:24PM
Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook

WASHINGTON, March 25, 2007 (AP) -- Gilbert Arenas was admonished by the NBA for making $10 bets with fans during the Washington Wizards' loss at Portland on Wednesday.

"We spoke to Gilbert and explained the issue to him,'' NBA spokesman John Acunto said Sunday. "And he assured us he wouldn't do anything like this again.''

Arenas made the bets as he bantered with fans throughout the Wizards' 100-98 loss. He was booed during pregame introductions and whenever he touched the ball because he had promised to score 50 points against the Trail Blazers.

After the game, Arenas said he bet a fan $10 that he would make the game-winning basket. He missed badly - throwing up a shot that fell short of the rim - and finished with only 19 points.

"I owe somebody 10 bucks,'' Arenas said. "I bet a fan if I had a chance I would make the last shot.''

Arenas later elaborated on his nba.com blog, saying that he made $10 bets with two fans during the game and had obtained their e-mail addresses so that he could pay them off. The NBA since has removed the references to the bets from the blog.

Arenas was not available for comment Sunday, a day off for the Wizards during their West Coast road trip.

Amare_32
03-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Loser! :td
That is what Arenas is.

-------------

NBA Admonishes Arenas for Making $10 Bets With Fans
Posted Mar 25 2007 5:24PM
Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook

WASHINGTON, March 25, 2007 (AP) -- Gilbert Arenas was admonished by the NBA for making $10 bets with fans during the Washington Wizards' loss at Portland on Wednesday.

"We spoke to Gilbert and explained the issue to him,'' NBA spokesman John Acunto said Sunday. "And he assured us he wouldn't do anything like this again.''

Arenas made the bets as he bantered with fans throughout the Wizards' 100-98 loss. He was booed during pregame introductions and whenever he touched the ball because he had promised to score 50 points against the Trail Blazers.

After the game, Arenas said he bet a fan $10 that he would make the game-winning basket. He missed badly - throwing up a shot that fell short of the rim - and finished with only 19 points.

"I owe somebody 10 bucks,'' Arenas said. "I bet a fan if I had a chance I would make the last shot.''

Arenas later elaborated on his nba.com blog, saying that he made $10 bets with two fans during the game and had obtained their e-mail addresses so that he could pay them off. The NBA since has removed the references to the bets from the blog.

Arenas was not available for comment Sunday, a day off for the Wizards during their West Coast road trip.

A loser for making bets? :rolleyes

Lp26
03-25-2007, 08:50 PM
I don't really see the big deal. Yes, at times Arenas need to just STFU and play, but i find these things sort of endearing.

I like that he gives away his jersey after a game, interacts w/ the fans, his quirky personality. He loves the game, and he's real. He's competitive, and speakshis mind. Can't fault him for that.

Amare_32
03-25-2007, 08:52 PM
I don't really see the big deal. Yes, at times Arenas need to just STFU and play, but i find these things sort of endearing.

I like that he gives away his jersey after a game, interacts w/ the fans, his quirky personality. He loves the game, and he's real. He's competitive, and speakshis mind. Can't fault him for that.

I agree

Leetonidas
03-25-2007, 08:56 PM
He is a great player and a likeable guy, but he really needs to pull his head out of his ass and learn some humility.

Amare_32
03-25-2007, 08:59 PM
He is a great player and a likeable guy, but he really needs to pull his head out of his ass and learn some humility.

Like LeBron,Kobe, Wade that humility

jmard5
03-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Okay. When I posted that he is a loser might be a little harsh. I am just pointing out that he should stop these predictions nonsense and just play.

sprrs
03-25-2007, 09:46 PM
This could imply that he's holding back in games so that he can put his team in a position where they would need one shot to win the game.....

polandprzem
03-25-2007, 11:44 PM
Nice

Arenas is great

NorCal510
03-25-2007, 11:47 PM
ii like it this way, fuck the nba... more bets!

ChumpDumper
03-25-2007, 11:51 PM
He's a loser because he lost the bets.

Chris
03-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Agent Zero needs to keep his mouth shut about those things! Doesn't he know who Pete Rose is?

Vinnie_Johnson
03-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Gill is a dumb ass that is all. He can't help it.

TDMVPDPOY
03-26-2007, 01:23 AM
dude got off very lightly imo,

this shit happened overhere just recently in aussie rules, where 3 players got caught betting on games in their sport, 2 got suspended, a rookie got a warnin....

Sacramental
03-26-2007, 01:52 AM
who cares?! geez the NBA is so god damn nosy, ok he placed a bet with fans, no big deal. im moe worried about him taking the time to actually get their e-mails. its 10 bucks. i shit that out my ass daily.

trueD
03-26-2007, 03:00 AM
Arenas actually 1) admitted to losing two bets 2) with fans of the opposing team 3) during a game 4) then obtained their e-mail addresses. That was a LOT of trouble to prove he doesn't know much about such things, which is why he got off easy.

Some of these guys need a babysitter 24/7, dayum!

dg7md
03-26-2007, 05:34 AM
He wanted to pay them off, and that's pretty honorable instead of making a bet and backing out once he lost.

monosylab1k
03-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Arenas is no Larry Hughes, that's for sure.